Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 458 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 18:54 Mar21 2024 Post ID: 3460596
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I heard that a 2nd and 4th might be enough to get Aiyuk since he will want an extension. If the Steelers can get him for that price, that would be incredible.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 21:16 Mar21 2024 Post ID: 3460597
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Post-Free Agency Mock Draft

1) Chicago Bears: QB Caleb Williams - USC
As one era ends, another begins--Long live Caleb Williams!

***Other Possibilities***
1) Trade Down - The only other possible scenario that I can see unfolding is Chicago falling in love with either Daniels or Maye and trading back to #2 with Washington. This would allow them to gain the draft capital they are now found wanting while also landing them the prospect they like best.

2) Washington Commanders: QB Jayden Daniels - LSU
One of the reports out of the combine was that Washington was leaning Maye over Daniels at that specific point in time. However, I've thought from the very beginning of the draft process was that Jayden Daniels would eventually woo over Washington. The subsequent Cliff Kingsbury hiring has crystalized this feeling of mine.

1) Caleb Williams - If Washington is somehow able to pull off trading up, it would only be in order to nab Caleb Williams.

2) Drake Maye - Washington will have their pick of Daniels or Maye at #2, and they might prefer Maye after all.

3) New England Patriots: QB Drake Maye - North Carolina
From what I've read, the Patriots would prefer Daniels over Maye. But let's be real, they pretty much have to select whatever QB falls to #3. Maye is the selection here.

1) Jayden Daniels - If Washington selects Maye over Daniels, that will leave the latter QB Prospect for the Patriots to select.

4) Arizona Cardinals: WR Marvin Harrison Jr - Ohio State
I can't imagine the Cardinals passing on a guy like Marvin Harrison in order to trade down and select a much inferior talent. No way, no how. He's the pick.

1) Trade Down - I don't see them doing it, but if Minnesota or New York (Giants) or Las Vegas give the Cardinals an offer they simply can't refuse, then I guess maybe they could forgo drafting Marvin Harrison in lieu of gaining future draft capital.

5) Minnesota Vikings: QB JJ McCarthy - Michigan
Man, I hate predicting trades, but this one is painfully obvious. There was scuttlebutt out of the combine that four QBs would go in the Top 6, and now that free agency has passed, I can see why. Vikings are desperate for a QB, so much so that it appears heavily likely they will trade up for McCarthy.

1) Malik Nabers (Chargers) - After releasing Mike Williams and trading away Keenan Allen, the Chargers are seriously lacking in weapons for Justin Herbert. If they stay pat at #5, Malik Nabers would be the favorite to be selected by Los Angeles.

6) New York Giants: WR Malik Nabers - LSU
Man, the Giants have to be on their hands and knees praying that the Vikings swap with the Chargers so that Nabers falls to them at #6. They are starved for talent outside.

1) JJ McCarthy - I don't foresee the Giants trading up for a QB, but if they do, the likeliest prospect that will be remaining on the board is JJ McCarthy.

2) Rome Odunze - If the Chargers keep the #5 pick, it will likely mean that Nabers is off the board when it comes time for the Giants to pick. That would leave Odunze as the next obvious choice.

7) Tennessee Titans: OT Joe Alt - Notre Dame
I have a sneaking suspicion the Titans might pull a stunner and draft Dallas Turner before the Falcons can, as there is much better depth along the offensive line in this draft than on the opposite side of ball, but I'm going to stick with giving them an OT for now. Alt is consensus best of the bunch, so he's the pick.

1) Dallas Turner - The Titans could use an upgrade at DE.

2) Olumuyiwa Fashanu - If, for some random reason, Alt is already off the board, the Titans could consider Fashanu instead.

8) Atlanta Falcons: DE Dallas Turner - Alabama
If Dallas Turner is off the board come the Falcons time to make a selection, I seriously have no idea who they will select. I've slotted him to them from the very beginning, so it only makes sense to do so now since he is still on the board.

1) Trade Down - Should Dallas Turner be selected in the Top 7, I would suspect the Falcons would try to trade down. There just wouldn't be value at the few needs they have at this juncture in the draft.

9) Chicago Bears: DE Jared Verse - Florida State
This may seem a little high for Verse, but I read a report that Latu's medical flags could see him slide on draft night. And, unfortunately, no one else really made sense since the Bears addressed many of their needs in Free Agency. Verse would be a nice bookend across from Sweat.

1) Dallas Turner - If Turner makes it to #9, the Bears would be crazy not to draft him to go along with Sweat.

2) Rome Odunze - It wouldn't surprise me, even with having DJ Moore and Keenan Allen on the roster, if Caleb Williams demands for the Bears to get him another weapon at #9.

3) Trade Down - Chicago now finds themselves without much draft capital, so I could see them trading out of #9 and acquiring some picks back.

4) Joe Alt / Olumuyiwa Fashanu - The Bears don't have a stellar O-Line, so they might go that route if they pass on Odunze and don't see enough value at DE.

10) New York Jets: TE Brock Bowers - Georgia
With the Jets already adding Tyson Smith and another Guard in free agency, I think Brock Bowers definitely comes into play for them here. He's a much better athlete than Rome Odunze, and you just know Aaron Rodgers would love a target with his speed/size combination.

1) Olumuyiwa Fashanu - If the Jets are dead set on going all-in on the O-Line this offseason, then Fashanu will be in consideration at #10.

2) Rome Odunze - Another possible weapon for the Jets to add alongside Garrett Wilson for Rodgers.

3) Trade Down - The Jets don't have a 2nd Round Pick, so maybe they slide down a few spots in order to acquire one.

11) Los Angeles Chargers: WR Rome Odunze - Washington
Much like the Giants, I would imagine the Chargers will have their figures crossed that either Odunze or Bowers falls to them should they elect to trade out #5 with the Vikings. They are depleted at WR after cutting Williams and sending away Allen, so getting Herbert a weapon has to be top priority for them.

1) Brock Bowers - If they trade down, the Chargers might still be able to land Bowers.

2) Olumuyiwa Fashanu - There is a real possibility that Nabers, Odunze and Bowers could be off the board by the time the Chargers pick after a trade down, and if so, they might have to grab an O-Lineman instead.

12) Denver Broncos: QB Bo Nix - Oregon
I had Nix here last time around, but I wasn't aware back then that the Broncos have no 2nd Rounder this year. Because of this, the Broncos pretty much have to select a QB with their 1st Round Pick. Since Nix is the last QB remaining that has an argument to be drafted in opening round of the draft, he is the pick here.

1) Trade Down - Since they have no 2nd Round Pick, I could see the Broncos trading out of #12. However, even if they do, I still see them going after Nix.

2) Byron Murphy - I'm pretty positive the Broncos will be drafting a QB on the first night of the draft, but if they decide to go otherwise, I would think they go on the defensive side of the ball. In that case, Murphy is the best available on the board.

13) Las Vegas Raiders: OT JC Latham - Alabama
If even Nix is off the QB Board when the Raiders are set to pick, I think they would play it smart and just draft an OT. They have Kolton Miller on their roster, but they have a glaring need on the opposite side of him. That would make both Latham and Fuaga in play; I prefer the former over the latter.

1) Taliese Fuaga - The Raiders could easily have Fuaga ranked ahead of Latham.

2) JJ McCarthy - If the Vikings don't pull the trigger on trading up for McCarthy, I could see the Raiders doing so.

3) Olumuyiwa Fashanu - I have Fashanu ranked ahead of both Latham and Fuaga, but he is more of a LT Prospect. Still, the Raiders might like him enough to select him and put him opposite of Miller.

4) Xavier Worthy - This one is for Al Davis. RIP.

14) New Orleans Saints: OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu - Penn State
Word is the Saints might go best player available at #14. This pick would kill two birds with one, as Fashanu is the top prospect left on my board while also filling the New Orleans' biggest need. Win/win.

1) Brock Bowers - If Bowers falls this far, he would easily be the best player available.

2) Byron Murphy - Murphy will be the best defensive player on the board if he makes it this far, and the Saints could use an upgrade to the interior of their D-Line.

3) Rome Odunze - I don't think Odunze will tumble this far, but I'm sure the Saints would have some interest in him if he did.

15) Indianapolis Colts: CB Quinyon Mitchell - Toledo
I've hopped around with this pick previously, and I'm doing so again now. Mitchell had a great senior bowl, and he followed that up with a stellar combine performance. He is still a bit raw, but I think his numbers will lend in the Colts selecting him over Arnold or Wiggins.

1) Terrion Arnold - I think the Colts will definitely be going CB at #15. Arnold is who most experts feel is CB1 of this class, but he didn't have the fastest 40 time.

2) Nate Wiggins - Wiggins had an even better 40 time than Mitchell, but he got hurt doing so and couldn't finish at the combine. This, along with so minor character concerns, could see him slide a few slots.

16) Seattle Seahawks: OT Taliese Fuaga - Oregon State
It was hard to pass on Byron Murphy at this spot--especially when the Seahawks could use more help on the interior of their defense--but most draft sites seem to be plugging an OL to Seattle. It was a coin flip between Fuaga and Fautanu, but I went with Fuaga since he has more experience playing RT (allowing the Seahawks to bump Lucas to Guard).

1) Troy Fautanu - Fautanu could be the better option for the Seahawks if they plan on keeping Lucas at RT.

2) Byron Murphy - He is the best DL on the board, and that is one area the Seahawks are presently weak at on their defense.

17) Jacksonville Jaguars: CB Terrion Arnold - Alabama
This pick came down to Arnold or Wiggins for me, as the Jaguars have stated that they will likely be addressing CB in the draft. Rumor has it that they also want more a more physical prospect, which is why I decided upon Arnold. He might not be the quickest, but he has a way of locking receivers down.

1) Nate Wiggins - He might not be the biggest dude, but Wiggins is a very physical cornerback.

2) Quinyon Mitchell - If Mitchell falls to #17, he will probably be in the discussion. But I don't think he really fits what Jacksonville is going for on defense.

3) Cooper DeJean - DeJean looks like he will be the next Trent McDuffie or Brian Branch, but I think the Jaguars are looking more for a guy who they can station on one side of the field.

18) Cincinnati Bengals: CB Cooper DeJean - Iowa
I was originally going to give Fautanu to the Seahawks and Fuaga to the Bengals, but the Trent Brown signing has changed everything. I no longer believe the Bengals will go RT in the 1st, which left either a WR or a CB as the selection. Ultimately, I decided to go with DeJean here, as he is a stud who the Bengals could use anywhere in the secondary. If Tee Higgins is traded, however, WR will probably be the pick.

1) Nate Wiggins / Terrion Arnold / Quinyon Mitchell - If the Bengals want a more lockdown CB, one of the other top CBs would probably be the better selection.

2) Brian Thomas - Should Tee Higgins be traded, I think the Bengals could definitely go WR at #18. Brian Thomas is who I have as WR4 of this draft.

19) Los Angeles Rams: DE Laiatu Latu - UCLA
With Aaron Donald's retirement, I'm sure many people will start slotting a DT to the Rams at #19. However, they drafted a DT last year on Day 2, and I think he ended up like third in the Rookie Defensive Player of the Year voting. This left me debating between CB and DE for the Rams, and I eventually decided on Latu since the Rams could use the extra help along their DL after Donald's departure. Latu has some medical red flags, but this would be a steal for the Rams if he can stay healthy.

1) Quinyon Mitchell / Terrion Arnold / Nate Wiggins / Cooper DeJean - If the Rams go CB at #19, all four of these guys will be in play (depending on which are remaining on the board).

2) Byron Murphy / Jer'Zhan Newton - I really don't think the Rams will go DT at #19, but if they do, Murphy or Newton would be a great replacement for Donald. Both are of that smaller stature, but each pack a huge punch when rushing passers.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers: C Jackson Powers-Johnson - Oregon
I am still of the belief that the Steelers should look to go CB in the 1st, but, not gonna lie, Jackson Powers-Johnson makes so much sense to them after they released their Center at the start of free agency. Besides, this draft is deep at CB, so Pittsburgh could always look there in the 2nd (much like they did with Joey Porter).

1) Quinyon Mitchell / Terrion Arnold / Nate Wiggins / Cooper DeJean - I think DeJean would look good as a Steeler, but the other CBs would also make sense.

2) Troy Fautanu - If Fautanu falls to #20 like here, I could see the Steelers liking his versatility.

3) Trade Out - As in for Brandon Aiyuk.

21) Miami Dolphins: DT Bryon Murphy II - Texas
Although Miami could easily go with an OT here, the hole left by Christian Wilkins is too big to ignore--literally. Luckily, Byron Murphy is still on the board, so this choice was an easy one for me. Not sure if Murphy will slide this far, but I could see it happening on draft night if Vikings trade up and cause a domino effect in the teens.

1) Trade Down - I think it's very likely the Dolphins will look to trade out of #21, as they have no 3rd or 4th Round Picks.

2) Troy Fautanu / Amarius Mims / Jordan Morgan - The Dolphins also have needs at RT and G, so they could easily go one of those routes if suck at #21.

3) Cooper DeJean - I think Miami did a good job replacing Xavier Howard in free agency, but Cooper DeJean would be added coverage at both CB and S.

22) Philadelphia Eagles: CB Nate Wiggins - Clemson
The Eagles have made some nice moves in free agency, but one area that still needs to be addressed is their putrid secondary. Wiggins is still on the board, so he is the obvious pick here. He would be an immediate upgrade for them, though that's not really saying much.

1) Quinyon Mitchell / Terrion Arnold / Cooper DeJean - The Eagles would be crazy not to select a CB if any of the Top 4 make it to #22.

2) Jackson Powers-Johnson - If all of the better CBs are off the board come time for the Eagles to make their selection, I could see them adding Powers-Johnson to replace Kelce if available.

23) Los Angeles Chargers: OG Troy Fautanu - Washington
We all know Harbaugh loves drafting himself those big boys upfront, and since I gave the Chargers a new WR with the first of two picks they'd receive from the Vikings by trading down, why not throw the new coach a bone here in the form of Troy Fautanu. Actually, Harbaugh had to gameplay for Fautanu in the National Championship this past season, so I'm sure he would be a big fan of this mocked selection.

1) Byron Murphy / Jer'Zhan Newton - Outside of WR, DT might just be the Chargers weakest unit. It wouldn't surprise me if they went offense/defense with the two picks they would get in a trade with the Vikings.

2) Jackson Powers-Johnson - Center is another position the Chargers will likely be addressing at some point in the draft.

24) Dallas Cowboys: OT Amarius Mims - Georgia
The Tyron Smith Era has ended in Dallas, leaving a void on their O-Lineman. Mims is one of those boom/bust prospects, but he is an enormous dude who just so happens to also be a freak athlete. Even if he ultimately can't handle Dak's blindslide, the Cowboys could always slide him to RT, bump Tyler Smith out to LT, and move Steele inside to Guard.

1) Troy Fautanu - If the Cowboys plan to move Tyler Smith out to LT like they would when Tyson Smith would become injured, then they could draft a guy like Fautanu to take the LG role.

2) Jer'Zhan Newton / Kris Jenkins - A lot of Cowboys fans wanted them to go after Christian Wilkins in free agency. Maybe they would settle for Newton or Jenkins instead.

3) Brian Thomas - The Cowboys could use a real WR2 across from Lamb.

4) Nate Wiggins / Cooper DeJean - Gilmore is starting to get up there in age; the Cowboys would be wise to find his eventual replacement.

25) Green Bay Packers: OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona
Even if the Packers had decided to keep the oft-injured Bahtiari, they could've still used some upgrades along their O-Line. Morgan, similar to Mims, is another prospect with a very high ceiling and a very low floor, but Green Bay has a proven track record of developing exceptional blockers. The streak of Defensive 1st Rounder ends for the Packers; may Jordan Love rejoice.

1) Amarius Mims / Tyler Guyton / Kingsley Suamataia - All of these OT are ultra talented, but each come with some baggage and concerns.

2) Nate Wiggins / Cooper DeJean - DeJean has been a popular pick for the Packers, and I think Wiggins would also be in contention here if he fell this far.

26) Tampa Bay: CB Kool-Aid McKinstry - Alabama
OT and DE have been dire needs for the Buccaneers ever since the season ended, and now after shipping Carlton Davis to Detriot, so is CB. Kool-Aid was once regarded as a Top 10 talent, but he's been falling down draft boards for months now. It's nothing against him, though, as teams just choice not to throw to his side of the field this past season. Tampa Bay would be getting an younger, cheaper and more talented upgrade at CB.

1) Amarius Mims / Tyler Guyton / Kingsley Suamataia - The Buccaneers had one of the worst O-Lines last year, so much so that they could spend multiple draft picks trying to improve it.

2) Laiatu Latu / Chop Robinson - Latu could easily fall tthis far due to some medical flags, and Robinson's stellar performance at the combine could see him sneak into the 1st. Both would be upgrades for the Bucs.

3) Nate Wiggins / Cooper DeJean - Not sure either of these guys will fall this far, but eaach of them would probably be selected over McKinstry if they were.

27) Arizona Cardinals: DE Chop Robinson - Penn State
Arizona will be getting a stud WR at #4, so, much the trend of NFL Teams these days, I could see them going defense at #27. DT and CB also make sense for the Cardinals, but DE is so much more of a premier position in today's NFL. Even though Chop is a little undersized as an Edge Rusher, his freakish athletism gives him the nod over Darius Robinson here.

1) Laiatu Latu / Darius Robinson - Latu would have to be taking a slide for this to happen, but Darius Robinson should be available. Cardinals will likely have their choice among a few DE at #27.

2) Kool-Aid McKinstry / Kamari Lassiter - The Cardinals have be missing great CB play ever since Patrick Peterson departed from Arizona.

3) Jer'Zhan Newton / Kris Jenkins - Similar to their CB woes, the Cardinals have lack a bigtime DT ever since Watt retired.

28) Buffalo Bills: WR Brian Thomas - LSU
Even if Gabe Davis didn't leave Buffalo during free agency, I still believe they would be looking to add another weapon to Josh Allen' aresenal. Brian Thomas is well over six feel tall and weighs over two hundred pounds, and yet he ran in 4.3s. He would've be the talk of the combine if not for Worthy breaking the all-time 40 yard dash record. I think that alone deserves him being picked here.

1) Kool-Aid McKinstry / Kamari Lassiter - The Bills lost a lot of players, primarily of defense, during free agency. They could use another CB.

2) Jer'Zhan Newton / Kris Jenkins - The Bills are starting to get pretty old at DT. It might be wise to start planning for the future.

29) Detroit Lions: DT Jer'Zhan Newton - Illinois
The Lions made some nice moves improving their D-Line during free agency, adding the likes of Davenport and Reeder. However, they could still use a pass rushing threat in their interior, which is why I decided to go with Newton. His size might make his bust potential higher than other prospects, but Newton reminds me a lot of Aaron Donald.

1) Kris Jenkins - I don't like his as much as Newton, but Jenkins does have the pedigree that I think Campbell looks for in players.

2) Cooper DeJean - This would probably require the Lions to trade up, but DeJean is another blue collar guy that Campbell tends to favor.

3) Xavier Worthy - This is more of a luxury pick, but you have to admit Worthy's speed would add another mismatch nightmare to the Lions' offense.

30) Baltimore Ravens: WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina
The Ravens lost Hollywood Brown to the rival Chiefs in free agency, and it doesn't appear as though they will be able to resign Odell Beckham. That being said, Legette would be a nice replacement for the two of him. Much like Brian Thomas, Legette is a towering receiver who ran in the 4.3s. He has even been compared to DK Metcalf, and I'd to imagine Lamar Jackson who love to throw to one of those.

1) Xavier Worthy - If the Ravens would prefer more of a WR that can take the top off of defenses, then there is no better option than Worthy.

2) Tyler Guyton / Kingsley Suamataia - The Ravens needed some O-Line upgrades even before trading away Morgan Moses.

31) San Francisco 49ers: OT Tyler Guyton - Oklahoma
I almost switched this pick from a OT to a DT after the Niners released Armstead, but I'm going to stay pat for at least this final practice mock. San Francisco has needed a better RT ever since they lost McGlinchey a few years back, plus Trent Williams at LT is getting up there in age. Guyton is raw but a workout warrior, and the Niners could groom him at RT before ultimately taking over at LT when Williams retires.

1) Kingsley Suamataia - Suamataia is a lot like Guyton in that he's a freak athlete with baggage. He would be in the discussion if the Niners go OT at #31.

2) Xavier Worthy - If the Niners trade Aiyuk, they will be in the market for a new WR.

3) Jer'Zhan Newton / Kris Jenkins - With Armstead gone, the Niners have a big hole to fill at DT.

32) Kansas City Chiefs: WR Xavier Worthy - Texas
What the Chiefs have missed these past couple of years is a real downfield threat, and there is no better of that type of receiver than the record breaking burner Worthy. Yes, I really like the thought of Ladd McConkey in the Chiefs' offensive scheme, but I think Hollywood Brown is going to occupy a similar role for Kansas City.

1) Ladd McConkey - The dude is always open with his route runner. Need I say more?

2) Tyler Guyton / Kingsley Suamataia - The Chiefs O-Line was far from acceptable in Andy Reid's standard.

3) Cooper DeJean - If the Chiefs trade Sneed, they will need a new CB. DeJean would give the Chiefs a second McDuffie in their secondary, but he would likely require them to trade up for him.
Sanzano Posted: 02:15 Mar22 2024 Post ID: 3460598
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Superb mock Warrior13, I always love reading through them.

I'm hearing the Cardinals have let it be known they want to trade out of pick 4. I guess that means they know there are several teams out there who want to draft J.J. McCarthy and they can get a decent haul for the pick.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:01 Mar22 2024 Post ID: 3460600
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am also hearing the Patriots might be open to trading down, as they prefer Daniels and not Maye. Conversely, Vikings QB Coach Josh McCown coached Maye in high school, and it is be reported that they are trying to trade up for him.

Things are definitely heating up!
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:21 Mar23 2024 Post ID: 3460601
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Man, great mock. I don't see a single pick I can really argue with. I also read somewhere that the Vikings like Maye.

My next mock will either be sometime this weekend or next weekend.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:34 Mar23 2024 Post ID: 3460602
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Thanks.

If the Patriots trade out, Imma die. Maye is arguably not only the best but safest QB prospect in the draft. Smh.

However, having said as much, what if the Patriots trade out and then trade back up for McCarthy. #3 would cost more for the Vikings, probably both of their 1sts this year and next years 1st. Patriots could then trade the two Vikings picks for this year to the Chargers for #5. Patriots would effectively get McCarthy and an additional 1st next year.

Still, not sure if that is worth it. Clear dropoff between the Top 3 QBs and McCarthy, so much so where I just cannot see the Patriots passing on either Maye or Daniels. I will only be predicting the Vikings trading up to #5. How about you guys?
Sanzano Posted: 05:42 Mar24 2024 Post ID: 3460603
Sanzano
+
I'm hearing a couple of interesting rumors.

Minnesota is interested in trading for Tua and the Raiders want Prescott from the Cowboys as they feel they are a decent quarterback away from competing.

I think reading between the lines Washington are interested in J.J. McCarthy but are reluctant to trade out of the 2nd pick of the draft because they don't know who the Patriots will take and they don't want to risk losing their man. I hope this is not true as J.J. McCarthy has Zack Wilson written all over him.

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:40 Mar24 2024 Post ID: 3460604
steelersrock01
+
Next mock, with a Vikings move-up predicted:

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - QB Jaylen Daniels
3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye
4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison
5. Vikings (trade with Chargers) - QB JJ McCarthy
6. Giants - WR Rome Odunze
7. Titans - OT Joe Alt
8. Falcons - EDGE Dallas Turner
9. Bears - DE Jared Verse
10. Jets - TE Brock Bowers
11. Chargers (Trade with Vikings) - WR Malik Nabers
12. Broncos - QB Bo Nix
13. Raiders - OL Taliese Fuaga
14. Saints - OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
15. Colts - CB Terrion Arnold
16. Seahawks - OL Troy Fautanu
17. Jaguars - CB Nate Wiggins
18. Bengals - Wr Brian Thomas Jr.
19. Rams - DE Laiatu Latu
20. Steelers - C Jackson Powers-Johnson
21. Dolphins - DT Bryon Murphy II
22. Eagles - CB Quinyon Mitchell
23. Chargers (from Vikings) - OL Amarius Mims
24. Cowboys - OL Tyler Guyton
25. Packers - CB Cooper DeJean
26. Buccaneers - CB Kool-Aid McKinstry
27. Cardinals - DE Chop Robinson
28. Bills - EDGE Darius Robinson
29. Lions - DT Jer'Zhan Newton
30. Ravens - WR Xavier Legette
31. 49ers - WR Xavier Worthy
32. Chiefs - OL Kingsley Suamataia

Some notes:

Pretty similar to yours, Warrior. I think the top 3 are going to stand pat, and the Vikings will move up. Not a ton else to say, maybe a little heavy on WR at the top and CB in the later half, but it all makes sense to me.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:04 Mar24 2024 Post ID: 3460605
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Very nice mock, Mike. Yeah, I have a feeling this will be the year all of our mocks are pretty similar, especially at the top.

My thoughts:

1) I would swap Nabers with Odunze. From what I have read, Nabers has received the blue label (ie elite prospect tag) by most executives.

2) You missed JC Latham. He seems like a 1st Round lock.

Everything else I could definitely see. Glad to see you did the trade with the Chargers and not the Patriots. Whatever happens with trades, I believe the safe call is to have Maye at #3 and McCarthy at #5.
Sanzano Posted: 15:13 Mar24 2024 Post ID: 3460606
Sanzano
+
You've done another great mock steelers01, I can't argue with any of your selections.

I've added a couple of long shot trades to spice things up a bit in my draft. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys somehow get rid of Prescott during the draft as it is obvious the guy is not going to win them a Super Bowl, he has a long history of choking as soon as he reaches the playoffs.

The Vikings trade I think is more likely to happen, Minnesota no longer has Kirk Cousins so will be lookking for his long term replacement.

Quarterbacks are going 1, 2, and 3 in this draft, I'll be surprised if that is not the case. I feel Marvin Harrison's stock has dropped slightly and he is no longer the clear reciever to go first.

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - QB Jayden Daniels
3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye
4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison Jr
5. Vikings- QB J.J. McCarthy
6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers
7. Titans - OL Joe Alt
8. Falcons - OLB Dallas Turner
9. Bears - WR Rome Odunze
10. Jets - OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
11. Chargers - TE Brock Bowers
12. Broncos - QB - Bo Nix
13. Cowboys (Trade with Raiders for Dak Prescott) - QB Michael Penix Jr.
14. Saints - DT Byron Murphy
15. Colts - CB Quinyon Mitchell
16. Seahawks - DT Kris Jenkins
17. Jaguars - DT Michael Hall Jr.
18. Bengals - CB Nate Wiggins
19. Rams - DE Laiatu Latu
20. Steelers - OT Amarius Mims
21. Dolphins - CB Cooper DeJean
22. Eagles - CB Terrion Arnold
23. Chargers - OT JC Latham
24. Cowboys - WR Brian Thomas Jr
25. Packers - CB Kool-Aid McKinstry
26. Buccaneers - C Jackson Powers-Johnson
27. Cardinals - E Darius Robinson
28. Bills - WR Troy Franklin
29. Lions - WR Keon Coleman
30. Ravens - OT Jordan Morgan
31. 49ers - DE Chop Robinson
32. Chiefs - WR Xavier Worthy

These mock drafts take me ages to figure out, I keep changing my mind or end up putting the same player down twice and have to have a rethink.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 24th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 18:28 Mar24 2024 Post ID: 3460607
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Great job, Dennis! This year is definitely anyones game.

Here are my thoughts:

1) In your final mock next month, you might want to drop Michael Hall, Keon Coleman, and Troy Franklin. It sounds like they will Day 2 Guys.

2) Kris Jenkins will probably be in the late 1st, like 20s-30s.

3) I like your gutsiness, but Dallas will not be trading Dak Prescott. They are trying to resign him to a longterm contract. Might be best in your final mock to leave Raiders at #13.

Thats it though. Very nice job.
Sanzano Posted: 15:52 Mar25 2024 Post ID: 3460608
Sanzano
+
Thanks Warrior13, I will take your tips into account when I do my next mock.

As for the Minnesota trade, there is now a lot of rumbling that the Vikings will trade with the Dolphins for Tua. Miami are interested in Michael Penix Jr who just so happens to be a left handed quarterback with a similar style to Tua. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens as the Dolphins haven't exactly been supportive of Tua in the past.

Warrior13 Posted: 16:00 Mar25 2024 Post ID: 3460609
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I doubt that happened. Miami Coach and GM both wanna keep Tua.
Warrior13 Posted: 09:00 Mar26 2024 Post ID: 3460610
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
NFL Network Tom Pelissero said the majority of NFL executives he has spoken with think the Commanders will take JJ McCarthy with the No. 2 pick.

Oh my gawd. Please no.

However, if true, the draft would go something like this:
1) Bears - Caleb Williams
2) Commanders - JJ McCarthy
3) Patriots - Jayden Daniels
4) Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr
5) Vikings (via trade) - Drake Maye

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 26th 2024 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:06 Mar26 2024 Post ID: 3460611
steelersrock01
+
Some interesting new rules coming into effect:

1. Hip-drop tackles are now banned. I think tight ends are about to get much harder to bring down.
2. The trade deadline will be after week 9 instead of 8. (Future 18th game incoming?)
3. Kickoffs will now use the format the XFL came up with. See pic:

Essentially the two teams start much closer together, reducing momentum and injuries and encouraging returners to actually return the ball. I like the change, and I like that the Steelers signed Cordarelle Patterson even more.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:19 Mar26 2024 Post ID: 3460612
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Pooch kick or bomb it and let the other team start from the 30. Not sure about it, but I will wait and see how it does.

Hip drop rule is ridiculous. Try bringing down Derrick Henry when you cannot hit low or wrap up by the hips. The NFL is killing defense.
Sanzano Posted: 17:28 Mar27 2024 Post ID: 3460613
Sanzano
+
Cornerbacks are now taking their lives into their own hands trying to take down Derrick Henry. How are they supposed to tackle the guy now if they weigh considerably less than him. It's getting to the point that all that's left they can do is to jump on his back and hope help arrives quickly.

I hope all these rumors of J.J. Mcarthy going to Washington are false, there is only one guy worth grabbing with the second pick if Williams is not available and that's Daniels.

Warrior13 Posted: 18:33 Mar27 2024 Post ID: 3460614
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I hope the Commanders are just talking up a smokescreen. Daniels or Maye needs to be the pick. Do not believe the hype Harbough is spewing forth; McCarthy is QB4 of this draft.
Warrior13 Posted: 09:21 Mar28 2024 Post ID: 3460615
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Malik Nabers blew up his pro day. 4.35 forty, 42 inch vert. Crazy numbers.

Some think he could go ahead of Marvin Harrison, who decided not to work out at the combine or his pro day.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:39 Mar28 2024 Post ID: 3460616
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Penix had a very nice pro day. His forty, vert, and broad jump would have bested all other QBs at the combine.

Dude might be the best outside the numbers thrower in the draft, but he should have shown more between the numbers and under center during workout.

That said, he might have a shot of going in the 1st. Could the Seahawks panic at #16 and draft Penix if Nix goes #12 to the Broncos? Million dollar question.
Displaying Page 458 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close