Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 456 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:44 Mar11 2024 Post ID: 3460554
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Barkley to the Eagles. Bit of an overpay I think, but he should do pretty well there.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:58 Mar11 2024 Post ID: 3460555
steelersrock01
+
Minshew signed with the Raiders. Where is Fields going to end up? Minnesota?

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Mar 11th 2024 »
Warrior13 Posted: 17:49 Mar11 2024 Post ID: 3460556
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Fields has to end up a Raider or Viking. Only two that make sense. The other will have to get, I do not know, JJ McCarthy? Mineshew to Raiders is definitely a wild card. lol

Brian Burns traded to the Giants for a 2nd and 5th. Not too bad of a deal. His subsequent contract extension is another story. lol

Packers swapping Jacobs for Jones is another stumper.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:32 Mar11 2024 Post ID: 3460557
steelersrock01
+
Yeah Minshew to the raiders is an expensive backup. Unless they plan to use him as a bridge while Nix or whoever develops which I guess isn't the worst idea.

Tee Higgins has requested a trade. He's playing on the franchise tag this year.

Gabe Davis signed with the Jags for 3yr/39 million with incentives up to 50. Not a bad deal, but he's really just okay.

Pittman re-signs with the Colts, no brainer there.

The Eagles are signing Bryce Huff. He'll be nice for them.

Austin Ekeler has signed with Washington on a pretty cheap deal. He's a good player but noticeably lost a step last year.

Reading that Derrick Henry is visiting with the Ravens. He'd be good for them in such a run-heavy offense that seems to churn through RBs.

And of course, Russell Wilson to Pittsburgh. I haven't seen if details on money have been released, but if it's dirt cheap I'm fine with it. Tomlin is good at managing the locker room and Wilson on a bad day is a big step up over the QB play we've had the past couple years.

Feels like a ton of movement this year. Exciting stuff.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:08 Mar11 2024 Post ID: 3460558
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Wilson was veterans minimum. Basically free. Only like 1.2 million. Great deal for the Steelers, even if he does nothing for them.

Joe Mixon released by the Bengals. Man, Giants should have just waited before panicking with the Singletary signing. Jones and Mixon available. lol

I watched the start of free agency with my pops today. Called Cousins to the Falcons and Saquon to the Eagles, and yet he still dismisses my call on Henry to the Ravens or Cowboys. He says I just listen too much to the media. lol

Not too many big names left. Miami lost a lot of guys, but they manage to sign a few decent LBs for cheap. Not sure if all the guys they had to release were signed, so maybe they can get a few more guys back.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 11th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 02:20 Mar12 2024 Post ID: 3460559
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I'm getting concerned, when Ron Rivera was head coach for Washington he started trading for Panther players and now this new guy Quinn is trading for his old players. Washington traded for two Cowboys players yesterday in DE Dorance Armstrong and C Tyler Biadasz. I am already hearing jokes that Washington should be renamed the Cowmanders.

Is Armstrong any good? The Cowboys is one team I do not follow.

I can't but help notice that the Dolphins and 49rs seem to have a lot of players leaving or being poached by other teams. Wondering how much it will affect them in the coming season.

Russell Wilson to the Steelers was a bit of surprise, but then again it doesn't break the bank like it did to Denver.

I was right about Cousins going to Atlanta, he must have known several weeks beforehand that was happening because he was in the process of moving his family there. No way would you do that otherwise.

Fields value is falling by the day, like you guys say not many openings now for him. Chicago should have shopped him last month, everyone knows they are going quarterback in the draft.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:22 Mar12 2024 Post ID: 3460560
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Washington has signed Marcus Mariota. This will probably mean Sam Howell will be traded.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:38 Mar12 2024 Post ID: 3460561
steelersrock01
+
Mixon ended up getting traded to the Texans. Henry signed with the Ravens, so good call there. Jameis Winston signed with the Browns for 8M, which seems a little pricey for me when they're paying Watson a ton of money.

I'm not sure the Mariota signing means anything for Howell. I don't really think Mariota is any better.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:13 Mar12 2024 Post ID: 3460562
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Since most teams only carry two QBs and Washington is likely go draft Daniels or Maye at #2 (plus considering the amount they gave Mariota), I think there is a very good chance Howell is traded. His value will probably never be higher than right now, so why not get something in return for him.

Fields to Rams? Just a thought of mine.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 12th 2024 »
Warrior13 Posted: 08:41 Mar13 2024 Post ID: 3460563
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Probably gonna be a rough day for the number of teams still over the cap. Chargers are one of them, being like 25 million over the cap. Saw somewhere that they have four of the top twelve cap hits this upcoming year, and none of them are Justin Herbert.
Sanzano Posted: 17:48 Mar13 2024 Post ID: 3460564
Sanzano
+
I'm hearing Sam Howell may be traded to Denver. Poor guy wasn't given much of a chance with the offensive line Washington put in front of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he did well wherever he ends up. Like I have said before, Howell was better than Drake Maye at Carolina.

I keep hearing that Joey Bosa and Mike Williams may get traded by the Chargers, getting rid of one of those two players would get them under the cap but also set the team back considerably.

steelersrock01 Posted: 20:51 Mar13 2024 Post ID: 3460565
steelersrock01
+
The Chargers released Mike Williams. Wouldn't be surprised if Bosa got traded though.
Sanzano Posted: 09:43 Mar14 2024 Post ID: 3460566
Sanzano
+
I'm now wondering how many of the dynasty's old timers keep going on about would have had success with the salary cap. I know Dallas and the 49rs of the 80's and 90' would have been screwed. No way Pittsburgh of the 70s would have held on to all that talent they drafted and the Packers of the 60s would have been in a similar position.

Cousins has asked Kyle Pitts for the number 8 jersey and he would write him a check to his favorite charity in compensation. Pitts told him he can have the jersey providing he throws him the ball.

Cousins has the perfect opportunity to make a run for a Super Bowl at Atlanta, he is surrounded by talent at the skill positions - Running back Bijan Robinson, wide receiver Drake London and tight end Kyle Pitts are great targets for any quarterback to have.

I had to laugh though, the Vikings have been caught red-handed tapping Cousins before free-agency had begun. Cousins can't deny it because the guy was already in the process of moving his family to Atlanta before free-agency began. You could say it's just a coincidence but nobody believes that. I wonder what the Vikings punishment will be?

Have you seen the squad Washington are buildiing? They could turn things around and end up being NFC champions the way things are going. Just need to slot Jayden Daniels in at quarterback and pick up a couple of offensive linemen and a safety and the team is ready. I can't wait for the draft to see what three players in the top 100 Washington pick up. I wouldn't be surprised if Washington package their 2nd and and 2 3rd round picks to move back into the first round to pick up a top offensive lineman.

Sam Howell has just been traded to the Seahawks for a third and fifth round pick. It's looking to me I hate to say that Washington are putting together a package to go up and get Caleb Williams. I hope it doesn't happen but I can see 2024 first round pick, 2025 first round pick, and 2 2024 third round picks to move up one spot. This Jayden Daniels talk is a smokescreen, Washington want Williams.

Washington currently has:
1 - 2
2 - 36
2 - 40
3 - 67
3 - 78
3 - 99
5 - 139
5 - 152
7 - 222

Can't wait for this draft, the team is already looking great and they haven't even drafted yet.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 14th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 23:09 Mar14 2024 Post ID: 3460567
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Keenan Allen was traded to the Bears. Not sure if the Bears go WR at #9 now. This might have opened them back up to a DE at #9. As for the Chargers, well, I would have to figure it will now come down to Bowers, Nabers or Alt if they are stuck picking at #5.

Honestly, Dennis, I would not be surprised if the Bears trade back one slot, especially if they like Daniels or Maye. I still do not think it will happen, but it would make sense since the Bears are now pretty much depleted on draft capital.

Chiefs also signed Hollywood Brown. He should be an upgrade over MVS.

Atlanta also traded Desmond Ridder to the Cardinals for Rondale Moore. Nice group of weapons Cousins will now have in Atlanta. Pretty much solidifies them going with Dallas Turner at #8, unless the Titans seal him from them at #7.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 14th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 11:30 Mar15 2024 Post ID: 3460568
Sanzano
+
I get the feeling Justin Herberts numbers are going to decline, the Chargers have traded nearly all of his weapons. Chargers fans must be concerned the way things are going.

The Bears are putting together a decent team by all accounts, what happens now in the draft is even more intriguing. It's looking like Caleb Williams will be the pick for sure unless Washington or the Patriots offer a substantial package which I don't think will happen.

I remember all the fuss about Trevor Lawrence a few years back which was similar to what the Caleb Williams hype is like now Lawrence has turned out to be nothing special. There's talk that he is on the hotseat this season with CJ Beatheard breathing down his neck wanting to start for the Jaguars.

Warrior13 Posted: 12:02 Mar15 2024 Post ID: 3460569
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Vikings traded two 2nds to Houston for their 1st. Vikings now own picks #11 and #23. Looks very likely that they will be packaging those picks and trading up with the Chargers to draft JJ McCarthy.

Aaron Donald has also decided to retire. Huge loss for the Rams. Definitely a HOFer.
Sanzano Posted: 03:47 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460570
Sanzano
+
Do you think the Chargers will give up their spot? They are in need of a top wide reciever after releasing Mike Williams and Keenan Allen and also an offensive lineman to protect Herbert.

Aaron Donald will have a bust in Canton soon without doubt, first round balot without doubt.

Where is Brock Bowers going to end up if the Chargers don't take him?

Below is a list of the best players still available, nobody there really aside from maybe Xavien Howard I'd want playing for Washington.

Quarterback
Ryan Tannehill
Joshua Dobbs
Carson Wentz

Running back
J.K. Dobbins
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alexander Mattison
Ezekiel Elliott
Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Wide receiver
Mike Williams
Michael Thomas
Odell Beckham Jr.
Hunter Renfrow
Tyler Boyd
K.J. Osborn
Michael Gallup
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Tight end
Logan Thomas
Adam Trautman

Offensive line
Trent Brown (T)
DJ Humphries (T)
Donovan Smith (T)
Connor Williams (C/G)
Kevin Zeitler (G)
Dalton Risner (G)

Defensive line
Chase Young (DE)
Calais Campbell (DE)
Jadeveon Clowney (EDGE)
Tyus Bowser (EDGE)
Emmanuel Ogbah (EDGE)
Teair Tart (DT)

Linebacker
Tyrel Dodson
Jerome Baker
Oren Burks

Safety
Kyle Dugger (transition-tagged)
Justin Simmons
Julian Blackmon
Jamal Adams
Quandre Diggs
Micah Hyde
Eddie Jackson

Cornerback
Stephon Gilmore
Xavien Howard
Adoree' Jackson
Tre'Davious White
Kristian Fulton
Steven Nelson
Avonte Maddox
Ahkello Witherspoon

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 16th 2024 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:48 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460571
steelersrock01
+
Have to imagine most of those receivers and safeties will get picked up eventually. I think Young will get a 1 year prove it deal somewhere. I think the Vikings are preparing to make a move to jump up, maybe to 5? with the Chargers (thinking they'll want to leap the Giants), to take JJ McCarthy. Not sure why he's suddenly getting lumped in with the top 3, but their moves make sense in that context.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:44 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460572
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am probably going to predict that same trade in my next mock Mike. I hate predicting trades, but when there are two 1sts involved, you kind of have to do so. Hard part then becomes who to put to the Chargers at #11 and #23. Bowers would definitely make sense at #11, but the Jets could easily snag him at #10 since they have added a few lineman in free agency.

It certainly has gotten a little more complicated to mock with the Bears having two legit WRs, the Chargers suddenly needing weapons, and the Vikings clearly looking to trade up.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:37 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460573
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, and if you assume Minnesota trades with the Chargers and the Chargers suddenly have #11, do you have to look at the possibility of the Chargers leapfrogging the Jets and trading with the Bears to take Bowers at #9? Since a WR at #9 for the Bears doesn't seem so set in stone anymore.
Displaying Page 456 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close