Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 457 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 17:52 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460576
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
That makes sense to me steelersrock01, Chargers will still want Bowers but they probably think they can still get him and some extra draft capital by trading down. I think the Jets will probably go Taliese Fuaga as their main priority is protecting Aaron Rogers but if Bowers is available it could be too tempting to give Rogers an elite weapon.

The next mock draft we do will look considerably different from the last two after the signings of free agency. Why has J.J. McCarthy's stock risen so suddenly, what has he done to cause this. I-ve heard several teams are now after him including the Raiders, Giants, and Vikings.

I've also read in several places that Michael Penix Jr could end up being the best quarterback in the draft and not Caleb Williams who a lot of people are already calling a bust.

After seeing how Washington have conducted themselves building the new squad I am happy to go with whatever quarterback they feel is best for the team, even if it means giving up draft capital. Adam Peters knows what he is doing, he has done more in a couple of months than Ron Rivera did in four years. This is the first time in many years I feel Washington is going in the right direction in regards to building a team.

The only thing I can't figure out is why they got rid of Sam Howell and brought in Mariota? Howell showed promise at the start of the season, its not his fault he didn't have an offensive line capable of blocking for him. The guy was on a rookie contract so the issue wasn't money.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 16th 2024 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:00 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460577
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
They probably want the new guy to feel like his job is 100% safe. Everyone knows Mariota isn't going to be starting for more than a few games to start the season (if he even starts at all), but I can definitely see people crying for Howell to start if the rookie has a rough few games, after a not terrible season last year. Doesn't really help the new guy's confidence.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:13 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460578
steelersrock01
+
Lol, the Steelers have traded for Justin Fields, giving up only a 2025 6th round pick that can turn into a 4th round pick depending on how much he plays. Less than what they got Pickett. I can't complain at all, we've upgraded the QB room a good deal and it actually comes in about 6M cheaper than what we were paying QBs last season.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:49 Mar16 2024 Post ID: 3460579
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Too funny. I was just telling my bud yesterday that the Steelers should just trade for Fields and have the cheapest QB Room ever. lol
Sanzano Posted: 08:38 Mar17 2024 Post ID: 3460580
Sanzano
+
The Jets have just picked up left tackle Tyron Smith from the Cowboys so it is unlikely they draft Taliese Fuaga. The way I look at it this means their pick if either is still on the board is going to be Brock Bowers or Rome Odunze.

Talking about Brock Bowers, I have seen several updated mock drafts that have him going to the Dolphins with pick 21.

What are the Steelers up to, why have they picked up Fields? They picked up Wilson a couple of weeks ago. They have moved on from Mason Rudolph and Kenny Pickett. Is Fields just at Pittsburgh to back up Wilson? I must admit I'd rather have Wilson and Fields then Rudolph and Pickett so I guess its an upgrade and they got both proven guys cheap.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:21 Mar17 2024 Post ID: 3460581
steelersrock01
+
Fields is 100% better than Pickett and Rudolph, yeah. And cheaper.
Sanzano Posted: 09:30 Mar17 2024 Post ID: 3460582
Sanzano
+
It's looking like the Vikings may do a deal with New England now that it is obvious that Chicago will draft Caleb Williams and Washington will pick up Jayden Daniels. That leaves Drake Maye and New England have stated that they do not like Maye but Minnesota do.

Mariota has the same playing style as Jayden Daniels which is why he was picked up and Howell was traded. Kingsbury also coaches quarterbacks that can run so it is obvious now that Daniels is the pick at 2. I'm still concerned about the arm strength and size of Daniels but now with Fields gone the option to trade up to pick 1 is gone unless the Bears are happy to go with Daniels or Maye.

Warrior13 Posted: 15:37 Mar17 2024 Post ID: 3460583
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If New England trades out, I will laugh so hard. There is a clear dropoff between Williams/Daniels/Maye and the rest the QB field.

Chargers are the only trade partner that makes sense, as the Top 3 need to be all QB and the Cardinals would be crazy to pass on Marvin Harrison.
Sanzano Posted: 04:21 Mar18 2024 Post ID: 3460584
Sanzano
+
Minnesota are trying to do a deal with Washington, I think they have left it too late. Sam Howell has left the building.
It would have been interesting though, 2 first round draft picks in 2024, a second round pick in 2025, and Christian Darrisaw the offensive lineman.

I have a feeling Washington are not sold on Daniels, he lacks arm strength and Maye is not versatile enough for Cliff Kingsbury's system.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:46 Mar18 2024 Post ID: 3460585
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chicago and Washington are 100% staying put. New England and Arizona are 99% staying put; it would have to be a huge offer to get them to trade out. Los Angeles is really the only team that seems 50-50 at this point, which makes them the most likely trade partner.
Sanzano Posted: 16:28 Mar18 2024 Post ID: 3460586
Sanzano
+
Surely the Chargers now have to take the best reciever on the board, or at least Bowers. Herbert has no elite weapons at the moment. No point having the most expensive player in the NFL and not having anyone decent he can throw to.

You are probably right about the top four staying put at this point. As soon as Howell was traded Washington showed their hand. Chicago I feel are forced to take Caleb Williams now like it or not with the first pick, if they don't and he becomes an NFL legend the franchise will forever more be mocked about it.

If I was Caleb Williams I would feel a bit uneasy about going to the Bears seeing how they just used and dumped Justin Fields who was also a top prospect when he was drafted.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:49 Mar18 2024 Post ID: 3460587
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Got the Top 14 in my next mock completed. And yes, predicted the Vikings trading up with the Chargers. You kind of have to at this point. lol
Sanzano Posted: 02:56 Mar19 2024 Post ID: 3460588
Sanzano
+
I'm still trying to figure out why J.J. McCarthy has suddenly shot up the draft board. It reminds me of Zach Wilson and we all saw what happened with him.

Why do the Giants persist in persevering with Daniel Jones when it is obvious to all he aint the guy?

Just read a report that the Giants plan to shock everyone and choose a quarterback with their pick in the first round. At the moment they have Daniel Jones and Drew Lock battling it out for the starting position and team management are not sold on either player. I thought the Giants gave Jones a huge contract last year? Apparently Russell Wilson before he was traded to Pittsburgh visited the Giants so they are clearly not happy with Jones.

I guess this means the Giants are interested in J.J. McCarthy? The Cardinals have committed to Kyler Murray so Harrison is definately going there.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 19th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 14:25 Mar19 2024 Post ID: 3460589
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think McCarthy is rising because there is a clear dropoff from him and Nix/Penix.

Giants will not be drafting a QB, as they have other, more pressing needs. They have to draft either Nabers or Odunze at #6.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:02 Mar19 2024 Post ID: 3460590
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Jets signed Mike Williams to pair with Garrett Wilson.

Bengals inked Trent Brown to be their new RT.

Williams signing will not affect my mock, but the Brown deal will. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:09 Mar19 2024 Post ID: 3460591
steelersrock01
+
When is our next mock due? right before the draft? or do we have this one and then another pre-draft one
Warrior13 Posted: 00:25 Mar20 2024 Post ID: 3460592
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
This one is by end of March, and final one is before draft.
Warrior13 Posted: 09:05 Mar20 2024 Post ID: 3460593
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Steelers inquiring about Brandon Aiyuk. Might take a 1st to get him, but he and Pickens would be a crazy duo.
Sanzano Posted: 14:56 Mar21 2024 Post ID: 3460594
Sanzano
+
I thought that too Warrior13, the Steelers are having a great off season with the moves they are putting together. Not sure how being the backup to Wilson will go down with Fields, he will see that as a step back.

I read somewhere that the Steelers have the best linebacking corp in the NFL, it that correct?

Chase Young has a neck injury and requires surgery, apparently the Saints knew this and still picked him up. Young is going down as one of the biggest waste of talents in the NFL, Washington are saying he peaked in his rookie year. The guy was a beast in his first year, he was exactly as advertised.

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:10 Mar21 2024 Post ID: 3460595
steelersrock01
+
I'd rather not get Aiyuk if it takes a first. They need to take Oline in the first, and they've proven they can draft receivers really well in the middle rounds.

If you count TJ Watt as a linebacker, they're pretty up there with the addition of Patrick Queen. Alex Highsmith is a really nice player and Holcomb is good too, and I'm hoping Nick Herbig can turn into a nice piece. They're a little thin depth-wise though.
Displaying Page 457 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 455 | 456 | 457 | 458 | 459 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close