Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Lock Down

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Next
mrgrtt123 Posted: 01:33 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450125
mrgrtt123
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 3
+
I hope that you guys are having a good time with your family or friends while at home. Please stay, and listen to the government as this is the only that we can do to prevent the virus from spreading.

Any ways, how do you keep yourself busy?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 02:51 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450127
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
My state in Australia has today decided to close all non-essentials. Thank goodness I got a haircut a few days ago. Everyone's hair is going to look feral unless they get a shaver and shave it very short. We're not yet in lockdown (ie we can still go outside), but that will happen imminently.

I still have to do my uni course though. That will keep me busy. 1 of my classes is still offline, 1 is half online half offline, and the 3rd is entirely online. We can't do our mid semester test for the class that is online, on-campus, because the 2 metre rule would mean we would be spread out in about 10 separate rooms. It's going to have to be done online which complicates things.

Exams will also be an issue. With all units having their exams in a 2-week period, the uni would be packed and it would be impossible to fit all exams in the time limit.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 06:36 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450130
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I live life, I do not let life live me.

It. Is. A. Flu.

Smile
Matt77 Posted: 08:43 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450133
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Now all my classes will be converted to online starting next week :(

Call it what you will Warrior. You may be right and this all may be an overreaction. But these measures are happening regardless of how much of a threat the virus is.

I think some of the measures are fair, but some are over the top. Consider this. In Australia all sports have been cancelled, schools will soon be cancelled, universities are entirely online, and non-essentials are closing. State borders are also closed. We will be in lockdown within 2 weeks guaranteed. All because we have had SEVEN deaths.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 23rd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

michaelivan Posted: 21:42 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450153
michaelivan
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
I keep myself busy by playing my favorite game called QUIZKINGZ Thumbs Up
My friends play the Quizkingz at the same time, it can host 16 players.

You can get it free in Apple and Google Play Store.
michaelivan Posted: 21:46 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450154
michaelivan
Forum GuestMember
+
I keep myself busy by playing my favorite game called QUIZKINGZ Thumbs Up
My friends play the Quizkingz at the same time, it can host 16 players.
Kaniank Posted: 00:49 Mar25 2020 Post ID: 3450160
Kaniank
+
better obey the government by being at home
and it could be if you were bored to switch to online games
at unipin also supports this by giving a 20% discount to 50% cashback
Warrior13 Posted: 08:48 Mar25 2020 Post ID: 3450167
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Can we please get rid of these bots? lol
Matt77 Posted: 20:32 Mar25 2020 Post ID: 3450173
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I used to report them, but these days I can't be bothered. Plus I'm not sure if Rich even comes on here anymore. Poor Dennis will be quite busy xD

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:58 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450180
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
First death in my state. Of course, a 70+ year old. Craziness increasing. So stupid.
Matt77 Posted: 09:31 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450186
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
70+ year old with pre-existing health condition* you mean.

Craziness increasing? Aren't you lot in lockdown? I would've thought it's reached the worst craziness levels it could possibly reach.

I believe it's a real threat, but I just want to stop hearing about it on the news. Every news headline apart from the last of the day is about coronavirus. And there's no sport section anymore so it gives them more time to recycle the stories. One channel even cancelled their soap opera and are now running two 1-hour news programs, one after the other, with the 2nd one solely designed for coronavirus 'updates' (even though the 1st news is exactly the same). And to think it's going to be like this for a minimum of 12-18 months, ffs...

It's tough for couples too. My best friend proposed to his fiance about 2 weeks ago, but they don't live together yet. They're either going to have to find a place and money asap, or when we eventually go into lockdown they'll only be able to meet up at the supermarket Brick Wall

Thank f*** we have NFL draft stuff to talk about... I'd be going insane without it.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:32 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450187
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not on lock down technically. Like 90% of businesses are open. Yesterday's death might change that, but most people here think it's stupid since 95+% are fine after a few days.
Matt77 Posted: 10:10 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450190
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Really? You're behind us, lucky for you. All non-essential businesses are either closed permanently, or will close permanently very soon. We also have all sorts of limits to our free will. No international travel. No inter-state travel without self-isolating for 2 weeks. No holidays allowed, even within a state. No barbecues. No parties. No pubs. No gyms. No cinemas. No churches. No amusement parks. No catching up with friends. No eating out. No weddings with more than 5 people. No boot camps with more than 10 people (lol). No funerals with more than 10 people. No home opens in real-estate. No shopping centres open unless they are the small local ones. No cash payment at many shops. 2 metre 'social distancing (I HATE this term) rule everywhere you go. $50,000 fines if you violate these laws.

Be prepared Warrior. I saw these things happening in other countries and braced for them to reach us. They now have, and we're close to full lockdown. They'll reach you soon too. Don't listen to Trump when he says the US will be fine by Easter. And the 'experts' say we will stay in lockdown for a minimum of 12-18 months. Minimum.

Brick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick Wall

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:15 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450192
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's so stupid. Definitely not gonna happen where I'm at when we only have 25 cases for the entire state. Other states, like New York, are different. Over populated. Regardless, Trump wants to reopen the economy before Easter. Just passed a stimulus to help get us through the stupidity. Sounds like the spread of the virus is starting to slow pretty much everywhere now anyway.
Matt77 Posted: 11:27 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450194
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The peak of the virus worldwide will be in May/June apparently. It's going to get worse for a few months. The hope is that it dies down quickly after the peak. Best-case scenario is probably for things to go back to normal in July. Worst-case (unrealistic I hope) is that it takes until early 2022.

If your particular state only has 25 cases you're doing very well. I hope for all your sakes that your state stays lockdown-free.

2 of my uni exams have been "delayed". Meaning they'll either be held in July at the earliest, or will be cancelled. My other subject has cancelled its exam. Really not sure what's going to happen with my subjects. We're 5 weeks into our 13 week semester.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 26th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:42 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450196
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't even think it will peak then. I read somewhere that China finally has no new cases, so it should start to slow down. I have a feeling the worst is behind us, especially as it gets warmer and warmer in the northern hemisphere (since heat will ultimately help to stop the spreading).
Matt77 Posted: 21:58 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450203
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I read that the temperature won't help like it does with a flu. I guess the warm temperatures will at least prevent it from getting worse, even if it doesn't decrease cases.

China's cases are slowing, but there are still multiple deaths daily. China is improving because they were exposed to the virus in December. December to Feb is 2 months. The rest of the world was exposed in March. March + 2 months is May, however that will likely be longer because China went into lockdown extremely early. It's more likely March + 4 months is July hopefully. Hopefully the NFL season won't be cancelled (I expect the season to be postponed by 1-2 months).

This website gives a good overview. Scroll down to see cases & deaths in every country. And you can click on each country to get a cases graph.

Also remember, Australia is in the southern hemisphere. It's only going to get colder and wetter as time goes. The expected peak of May/June is Winter.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 26th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:03 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450215
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
So us in the north with be fine in a week or two but you in the south will be screwed for at least another six months? jk XD Wiseguy Cool
Matt77 Posted: 11:54 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450226
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Quite possibly :( (but the northern hemisphere will NOT be fine in 2 weeks, I can assure you)

We are also now in full and complete lockdown. Zero unnecessary car travel is allowed. Police will stop you and fine you if you try and leave the city.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:20 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450232
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sounds horrible. Prison.
Displaying Page 1 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close