Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

What starter pokemon seems the strongest?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 12 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
nyeem78 Posted at: 13:20 Feb22 2007 Post ID: 1388643
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Venasaur and all the other pokemon are original. He was a good starter too, but I still think Blastoise isn't as bad as Volke says it is.

Blastoise looks cool too.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Chaos™ Posted at: 15:41 Feb22 2007 Post ID: 1389097
Chaos™
+
+
I like the looks of Blastoise and thats wut keeps me going, for using him all the time, but mine is a female thats shiny.
[center]
Volke Posted at: 05:12 Feb23 2007 Post ID: 1390608
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Blastoise is meant to Rapid Spin and stay in the battle as long as he can with his defences. Nothing else. The other starters have more than one purpose.
Fwank Posted at: 10:02 Feb23 2007 Post ID: 1390808
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
not that blastoise is really "bad" or what ever you think volke's trying to say, but basically, overshadowed... HEAVILY, overshadowed, by a many number of other water types, wouldn't be an understatement...

(where as venus/mega/zard/sceptile have unique roles that others cannot achieve... blaze has unique typing and decent unique moves only availuable to it... feral isn't mentioned since feraligator is basically a physical sweeper, everything can do that)

i'd say feral is tied with blastoise as "not very good starters", they're not too flexible if you seek utility
Chaos™ Posted at: 17:33 Feb23 2007 Post ID: 1391856
Chaos™
+
+
On 23-Feb-2007 Fwank said:not that blastoise is really "bad" or what ever you think volke's trying to say, but basically, overshadowed... HEAVILY, overshadowed, by a many number of other water types, wouldn't be an understatement...

(where as venus/mega/zard/sceptile have unique roles that others cannot achieve... blaze has unique typing and decent unique moves only availuable to it... feral isn't mentioned since feraligator is basically a physical sweeper, everything can do that)

i'd say feral is tied with blastoise as "not very good starters", they're not too flexible if you seek utility
I know what you pokemon raters believe and all that, and not to sound mean or cruel, or even cocky, but my EV trained Blastoise is NO rapid spin or defence only pokemon, or some pokemon thats just made to by-pass time in a battle, "MY" Blastoise (EV Trained) can take down my friends Mewtwo (EV Trained to the best my friend can do) by my Blastoise hiting Mewtwo with only 2-3 Hydro Cannons, while my friends Mewtwo knew "Volt Tackle" by "AR", and struck my Blastoise only 2-4 times, and Blastoise was still living, to dish out the final blow, and my Blastoise still proves to be strong in attacking and special attacking, my Blastoise can take down legendaries and norms, so why is it such a BIG problem for everyone to see Blastoise as a good attacker and tank at times, insted of just, "Blastoise the Tank only" meaning, he's just out for defence, but Im not saying all this to make a believer out of yall, but when it comes to me and Blastoise, nothing can change us, all of yall's Blastoise may be viewed as a tank only pokemon, but mine is viewed as a good attacker.

« Last edited by Chaos? on Feb 23rd 2007 »
[center]
Fwank Posted at: 00:08 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1393216
Fwank
+
+
i think you need to drop the "me v.s. pokemon raters" thing, coz it makes you sound incredibly lacking... this isn't "theory v.s. practicality", i don't say things without testing them out: i know what blastoise is capable of, and he IS a good tank, but he ISN'T a good offensive pokemon as long as my opponents knows wat they're doing (unlike you and your friend)

you're a big fish in a small pond, don't deny that... you can like blastoise, and no one's trying to convert you to dislike it, but i'm meerly stating a fact when i say "blastoise is overshadowed by other bulky waters"

it has lower stats

it has worse movepool

and despite what you like to think, or your past experience with it, when you pit those numbers up against the numbers of other similar pokemon (namely water types) it just doesn't measure up

oh, and if you compare blastoise to "offensive" water pokes, it falls wayyy shorter, so don't bother arguing about that

you might want to download net battle and play some players online just to see what i mean, it's alot easier for you to get slaughtered than me telling you how you would get slaughtered with your teams and your (lack of) skills

if you can't stand me talking like this, get net battle, until then, honestli, you're "just another noob"

last mention: drop the "raters" crap, we're just better at pokemon than you
Volke Posted at: 03:30 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1393317
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 23-Feb-2007 Chaos? said:I know what you pokemon raters believe and all that, and not to sound mean or cruel, or even cocky, but my EV trained Blastoise is NO rapid spin or defence only pokemon, or some pokemon thats just made to by-pass time in a battle, "MY" Blastoise (EV Trained) can take down my friends Mewtwo (EV Trained to the best my friend can do) by my Blastoise hiting Mewtwo with only 2-3 Hydro Cannons, while my friends Mewtwo knew "Volt Tackle" by "AR", and struck my Blastoise only 2-4 times, and Blastoise was still living, to dish out the final blow, and my Blastoise still proves to be strong in attacking and special attacking, my Blastoise can take down legendaries and norms, so why is it such a BIG problem for everyone to see Blastoise as a good attacker and tank at times, insted of just, "Blastoise the Tank only" meaning, he's just out for defence, but Im not saying all this to make a believer out of yall, but when it comes to me and Blastoise, nothing can change us, all of yall's Blastoise may be viewed as a tank only pokemon, but mine is viewed as a good attacker.
So you EV trained Blastoise. Big deal. If you EV trained better Water pok�mon you'd find out that they're far better than EV trained Blastoise. Like Fwank said, download Netbattle and come at us "raters" with your offensive EV teained Blastoise. That's an invitation. There's a reason why Blastoise is in UU on Netbattle, and the only other two starters in there are Feraligatr and Meganium (Typhlosion was Borderline last I looked, but he might have dropped down into UU in recent times).

EDIT: Fwank got everything correct.

« Last edited by Volke on Feb 24th 2007 »
Fwank Posted at: 04:48 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1393393
Fwank
+
+
i think i went a little too harsh there but basicali (being careful not to produce blazeblitz2):

since this IS a game afterall, it's just a bunch of numbers, and when you compared different numbers theres bound to be higher ones (if that's the desired result...) all blastoise on all games are the same, it won't suddenli gain another 100 base stats just because you caught him differently/spent more time with it than we did/rubbed it before you goto bed, the numbers are the same on all games, this isn't a "raters" thing, this is an "absolute" thing

i have no problem with people believing that gravity doesn't exsist, but until you can prove it to me by ignoring the laws of physics and prevent yourself from landing once you jump, THEN i'll believe you

likewise, i haven't been shown that blastoise is any more capable than walling, hence the conclusion
nyeem78 Posted at: 10:28 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1393899
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Ok, I don't know much about Net Battle and really don't care too much for it. I think Fwank, Volke and Choas...should stop bashing one another. The real test to prove who is the better player will have to be on Wifi.

You guys battle each other out and Choas will prove his Blastoise is the bomb or you guys will prove him wrong.

I personally think Blastoise is good all around period, but not gonna get into the heavy bashing and insulting. Prove your points on Wifi...Net battle may be another region of the game but according to news sources....Nintendo and Gamefreak do not recognize it as an official game of battle. Settle all your scores on Wifi.

At the point to being more on topic...Blastoise is the best Water Starter, because the other's are Dual in their final evo. This is the forum for the best starter not the best bashing or proving points.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Volke Posted at: 13:26 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1394595
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 24-Feb-2007 nyeem78 said:Ok, I don't know much about Net Battle and really don't care too much for it. I think Fwank, Volke and Choas...should stop bashing one another. The real test to prove who is the better player will have to be on Wifi.

You guys battle each other out and Choas will prove his Blastoise is the bomb or you guys will prove him wrong.

I personally think Blastoise is good all around period, but not gonna get into the heavy bashing and insulting. Prove your points on Wifi...Net battle may be another region of the game but according to news sources....Nintendo and Gamefreak do not recognize it as an official game of battle. Settle all your scores on Wifi.

At the point to being more on topic...Blastoise is the best Water Starter, because the other's are Dual in their final evo. This is the forum for the best starter not the best bashing or proving points.
Netbattle is an online pok�mon battle simulator, except you don't have to train pok�mon up and stuff to use them on there. You just select your pok�mon, their nature, their moves, their EVs etc. The reason it was made was so that players from around the world can battle each other to determine who's better. There's a lot more to it than bashing each other's pok�mon's brains out you know.

No he isn't. How many time do I have to say that. Swampert's dual type makes him even better because it increases his movepool, gives him STAB Earthquake (dream come true). Oh, and his stats are all better than Blastoise's too, except his Speed, which doesn't matter because Swampert doesn't need it. But if you insist on believing Blastoise is the best, go ahead, just stop saying he is the best and say he's the best in your opinion.
Chaos™ Posted at: 19:56 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1396219
Chaos™
+
+
On 24-Feb-2007 Fwank said:i think you need to drop the "me v.s. pokemon raters" thing, coz it makes you sound incredibly lacking... this isn't "theory v.s. practicality", i don't say things without testing them out: i know what blastoise is capable of, and he IS a good tank, but he ISN'T a good offensive pokemon as long as my opponents knows wat they're doing (unlike you and your friend)

you're a big fish in a small pond, don't deny that... you can like blastoise, and no one's trying to convert you to dislike it, but i'm meerly stating a fact when i say "blastoise is overshadowed by other bulky waters"

it has lower stats

it has worse movepool

and despite what you like to think, or your past experience with it, when you pit those numbers up against the numbers of other similar pokemon (namely water types) it just doesn't measure up

oh, and if you compare blastoise to "offensive" water pokes, it falls wayyy shorter, so don't bother arguing about that

you might want to download net battle and play some players online just to see what i mean, it's alot easier for you to get slaughtered than me telling you how you would get slaughtered with your teams and your (lack of) skills

if you can't stand me talking like this, get net battle, until then, honestli, you're "just another noob"

last mention: drop the "raters" crap, we're just better at pokemon than you
[b][[Im not here to bash anyone by the way but still "No Offence"]][/b]

I know you just didnt call me a noob, and saying that you think you are better at pokemon than I am, now Im getin ticked off, dont ever in your life underestimate my pokemon team, even though it really is just a game, but I hate pokemon raters and people who diss my team, so before I say something that can get me baned, Im takin a break from your disses.

[[Blastoise can own you by the way, and I cant w8 till pokemon pearl/diamond comes out so I can own all yall pokemon raters]]
[center]
nyeem78 Posted at: 21:13 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1396459
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 24-Feb-2007 Volke said:Netbattle is an online pok�mon battle simulator, except you don't have to train pok�mon up and stuff to use them on there. You just select your pok�mon, their nature, their moves, their EVs etc. The reason it was made was so that players from around the world can battle each other to determine who's better. There's a lot more to it than bashing each other's pok�mon's brains out you know.

No he isn't. How many time do I have to say that. Swampert's dual type makes him even better because it increases his movepool, gives him STAB Earthquake (dream come true). Oh, and his stats are all better than Blastoise's too, except his Speed, which doesn't matter because Swampert doesn't need it. But if you insist on believing Blastoise is the best, go ahead, just stop saying he is the best and say he's the best in your opinion.
In my opinion Blastoise is a better water starter, because the rest do not stay water, they all become dual types.

Oh well this is my last post on Blastoise.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Fwank Posted at: 23:07 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1396651
Fwank
+
+
was feraligator a dual type? dual what? water/normal? and unless the dual type game him more weaknesses (like venusaur) i'd say dual types are usually better... you should be arguing how swampert is given 4X weakness to grass by gettin ground type, that's the onli downside i see (ignoring all the other upsides and how he can learn alot of things blast can't)

blast aint bad, but sadly swampert is in the same catergory as blastoise, and swampert can take on more of the 386 than blast can at the moment... blastoise IS better at taking special hits and throwing it back at them with mirror coat, and there's no denying that's invaluable, but you guys seem to think "if a pokemon can't destroy another pokemon with hyper beam, it's not good" or "if a pokemon is good, it needs to know an uber attack like hydro cannon", all misconceptions for the non-competitive battler

and chaos: i'm meerly trying to provide a different perspective than your one-sided/irrational blastoise love, and i don't wish that to be imposed upon everybody... i've said it before already, but if blastoise in general isn't good, your blastoise isn't any better

i'm not gona be bothered to battle you online -_-" you proved yourself to be extremely inadequate in your post regarding blast/mewtwo... if you actualy care, get NB like i've told you to earlier, i'm not gona taunt you about it... but just drop the blastoise thing since the way you're going about it is all wrong
Volke Posted at: 03:44 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1396844
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Chaos, just get Netbattle, it's not like we're all definately getting Wi-Fi and all that. Get Netbattle and prepare to get your team (and your confidence in pok�mon) ripped up, torn apart and completely and utterly destroyed. I'm getting quite annoyed now that someone like you is acting like you know it all when you clearly know nothing. So, in Netbattle, why is Blastoise in the UU environment and Swampert in OU? And tell me why people trust us with rating their teams? It's because we know exactly, or almost exactly, what we're doing.
Chaos™ Posted at: 10:02 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1397470
Chaos™
+
+
On 25-Feb-2007 Volke said:Chaos, just get Netbattle, it's not like we're all definately getting Wi-Fi and all that. Get Netbattle and prepare to get your team (and your confidence in pok�mon) ripped up, torn apart and completely and utterly destroyed. I'm getting quite annoyed now that someone like you is acting like you know it all when you clearly know nothing. So, in Netbattle, why is Blastoise in the UU environment and Swampert in OU? And tell me why people trust us with rating their teams? It's because we know exactly, or almost exactly, what we're doing.
To Fwank and Volke: I dont wanna play some fake pokemon battle crap, got that? Thats for pokemon raters who rigg tha god damn game, got it? Now you can blab all the crap about my team, but I hear nothing, and will never hear from a pokemon rater, so all this talkin and flamming is for nothing, so calm down, or get baned by the mods, cuz now both yall is flaming = startin arguements, when I been calmed down and left yall to your own lil worlds of pokerate, and as I aspected, Fwank chickend out of the wi-fi battle against me (when the game comes out) so he's no longer a threat, no one in the world strong or weak declines a battle, if you believe your that good, then prove it to me, if not, then you can save all that trash talkin for someone who cares and fears you, and Volke, stop repeatin Fwank like your his lil dog on a chain that barks when the master tells him to, cuz that gets really anoying, and thats the reason why I dont see yall as threats in a wi-fi battle, cuz yall wanna chicken out of that, so you make up an excuse to use some rigged pokemon crap on net, that impresses only geeked minded people, which is why Im not into that stuff, so this is my last post, and last time coming here to check on how much bull crap yall posted towards me, so have fun reading this, cuz its the only response that ur gonna get from me. Final words: "Get wi-fi, get pokemon diamond/pearl, then "PROVE" you can rip me up and destroy me, other than that, you guys are the noobs and no nothing, cuz I been in pokemon every since red and blue, and I know my sh**"
[center]
Volke Posted at: 10:45 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1397629
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Please excuse me while I try to stop laughing at that post and how absolutely ridiculous it is.

Okay, well, you can believe whatever you like. But the fact that you're chickening out of our invitation to battle us on Netbattle kinda puts you at a lower level because you can access Netbattle with a simple download and battle us now, instead of waiting for months and months trying to perfect your crappy team. By then we might not even be here, or you might not. We've scared you off this topic anyway.

By the way, Moderators don't ban, Administrators take care of that.
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 20:05 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1399832
EspeonDude_
+
+
@ Chaos?: Fwank flammed you with noob, so he's at falt with that. But you get the idea of flamming wrong(again.) Volke was not flamming, merely, it WOULD seem he's flambaiting, if that's what you mean insted of flamming. Just drop it with them. They CAN beat you, Volke can beat me, accounting for a top postition on the "SuperCheats NetBattle" Chart(fake.)

@ Fwank: We cand rop it, enough with the noob calling >_>

(Why is it that Volke is the only mature one here ><.)

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
Fwank Posted at: 04:09 Feb26 2007 Post ID: 1400447
Fwank
+
+
why make me cry for =(

back on topic: i noticed super fire monkey can be bred to learn helping hand and fake out (and encore and feint) ... it looks quite capable in double battles, but i've yet to see anything useful on ground turtle's side or steel penguin ... hmmm... now they're all even for me =S can't decide, since there's going to be so much double battles... (but then that's after breeding...)

*edit: the mods kinda didn't do anything to stop chaos from flaming behind his "no offense" shield, so i didn't see a problem with a noob, soz ED_

« Last edited by Fwank on Feb 26th 2007 »
Volke Posted at: 13:12 Feb26 2007 Post ID: 1400939
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 25-Feb-2007 EspeonDude_ said:@ Chaos?: Fwank flammed you with noob, so he's at falt with that. But you get the idea of flamming wrong(again.) Volke was not flamming, merely, it WOULD seem he's flambaiting, if that's what you mean insted of flamming. Just drop it with them. They CAN beat you, Volke can beat me, accounting for a top postition on the "SuperCheats NetBattle" Chart(fake.)

You battled me with a test team though.

Oh well, if Chaos doesn't want to get Netbattle, it's his loss. Whatever happens, he loses, since we could all beat him. Anyway, I suppose it would be best to drop the whole thing from here.
Chaos™ Posted at: 14:30 Feb26 2007 Post ID: 1401064
Chaos™
+
+
On 25-Feb-2007 EspeonDude_ said:@ Chaos?: Fwank flammed you with noob, so he's at falt with that. But you get the idea of flamming wrong(again.) Volke was not flamming, merely, it WOULD seem he's flambaiting, if that's what you mean insted of flamming. Just drop it with them. They CAN beat you, Volke can beat me, accounting for a top postition on the "SuperCheats NetBattle" Chart(fake.)

[[They may have proved to be a great pokemon battler on net and all, but if I havnt seen it for myself, then you cant tell me they can beat me, I will only challenge them on wi-fi, and if they beat me, then hey, they beat me, end of story, but you cant automatically say they "CAN" beat me, when you have never seen me battle, you have only read me talk about pokemon and show a part of my team in my sig, but is that enough proof to say Im a loser? No, its really not, because each pokemon was made to have a chance in pokemon battles, they all have roles, but yall can go head and call me a loser/noob/stupid/or w/e, but yall wont truly know that till you battle me in my arena... "Wi-Fi Battle Tower" (pokemon diamond/pearl) and the reason why I choose not to get that net battle stuff is not because Im scared, its because they do not have the pokemon I trained and truly have, so to me, net battles to prove your worth is not even worth my time if it doesnt have my "REAL" pokemon, so my point is, that I like to stick to the real life battles, and there should be nothing wrong with that, because I have done real battles every since red and blue, and as far as Volke being "The only mature one" thats great that you think that about him...but saying they "CAN" beat me, still ticks me off, and Im not going to repeat myself why, so drop it with the whole opinions, because that truly is not a fact, if its 90% true, thats not a fact, because 10% is opinion, which facts are suppose to be 100% true, so if you wanted to shut me up by saying they "CAN" beat me, then you have only made me start talking even more about this situation, now Im done, unless you/yall want to continue laughing at me by thinking Im such a loser, but I have the right to defend my self in this case.]]
[center]
Displaying Page 12 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close