Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 223 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:20 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452143
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah. It's still hard for me to believe they're actually gonna play. I think we're gonna see a lot more rust and soft tissue injuries as the year gets going.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 14:34 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452146
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
They really have no choice but to play. Too much money at stake, and you don't want to screw up next year's schedule like we're gonna see in other sports. Accept the difficulties and pull through at this point. If people get injured, they get injured. If people have to sit for a week or two after getting the virus, then so be it. Obviously the most disciplined teams will prevail.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:58 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452148
steelersrock01
+
True. I'm really interested to see what happens with all the rookies and free agents that haven't had a chance to see live action yet.
Warrior13 Posted: 08:57 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452151
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
More opportunities for them, I think, especially if starters go down to injury or the virus.

Definitely going with Chiefs vs Bucs for Super Bowl at this point.

Did a little betting this year. Here?s my take home if any of the following teams win it all:

Chiefs: $250
Bucs: $1150
Giants: $15000 (long shot)

Only $220 invested, so if any of these three win it all, I will make my money back. Fingers crossed on Giants. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:29 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452153
steelersrock01
+
I think you'll be disappointed by the Giants lol. Ya never know though. Chiefs are for sure the favorite, the Ravens are up there but can't seem to put it together. I think the Steelers have an outside shot if Ben is somewhat normal.

With the Bucs picking up Fournette they have to be a favorite in the NFC south, if not the entire NFC. This is by far the best group of talent Brady has had around him.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:14 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452154
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Some people are high on the Giants; I guess they think they could skyrocket if Daniel Jones has a Mahomes/Jackson sophomore campaign. I cant see it happening, but you never know in the NFC East. lol

Yeah, Chiefs and Bucs have to be the favorite now. I would put Ravens third and the Saints fourth. Colts could be good if Rivers protects the ball. Cowboys are loaded, but they always seem to go 8-8. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:33 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452157
steelersrock01
+
This is definitely the Saints last hurrah. I think Brees is gonna be done and they are massively over the cap for next season. It's now or never for them.

The cowboys are incredibly talented. I think Dak is just as good if not better than Wentz, especially when you account for their draft positions and what they've been paid so far. And Dak isn't injury prone. I'd be surprised if they don't make the playoffs. The Eagles seem to be the NFCE favorites but I'm counting on Wentz to miss some games and they're depending on some very old and very young receivers. Jeffrey and Jackson are injury prone, and the rookies are unproven.
Matt77 Posted: 23:29 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452159
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Mike, are you interested in joining us (me, Dennis & Warrior) for our tipping competition? We've done it for the last 2 seasons, and have had 2 different winners. I understand if you'll be busy or aren't interested, but if you are let us know & I'll give you the details on the website, password, and how it works.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 11:06 Sep04 2020 Post ID: 3452162
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: I agree. Brees' arm has started to go, so I think this is there last chance. He couldn't ever lead them past the Vikings last year, which says a lot. The Cowboys are the worst underachievers I've ever seen, which is why I can see the Giants sneaking up if Jones can make a leap this year. All you have to do is make the playoffs - seven teams from each conference this year - and anything can happen.

Matt: We've technically (unofficially) have actually been doing it for four years with two different winners, but who's counting. :P XD
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:26 Sep04 2020 Post ID: 3452165
steelersrock01
+
Matt77 said:Mike, are you interested in joining us (me, Dennis & Warrior) for our tipping competition? We've done it for the last 2 seasons, and have had 2 different winners. I understand if you'll be busy or aren't interested, but if you are let us know & I'll give you the details on the website, password, and how it works.

Sure. Is it just a pick'em league? I'm already in one with a friend so another is no problem.
Warrior13 said:Mike: I agree. Brees' arm has started to go, so I think this is there last chance. He couldn't ever lead them past the Vikings last year, which says a lot. The Cowboys are the worst underachievers I've ever seen, which is why I can see the Giants sneaking up if Jones can make a leap this year. All you have to do is make the playoffs - seven teams from each conference this year - and anything can happen.

Matt: We've technically (unofficially) have actually been doing it for four years with two different winners, but who's counting. :P XD

I think even with the expanded playoffs it will be tough to make it in in the NFC. I don't think there's a clear cut elite team, but there are several very good ones. For division winners, I think you have to assume that:

Cowboys/Eagles in East
Vikings/Packers in North
Saints/Bucs in South
49ers/Hawks in West

Then if you assume the second place finishers have similar records to the winners that's all your wildcard spots right there with one team missing out. The west will be a bloodbath, as I think the Rams underperformed last year and the Cards are due for a jump. The Saints are a sure thing, and the Bucs should get in too. I don't think the Giants have much of a chance unless they can squeeze out a division win at 9-7 or 10-6 which seems unlikely considering they've got the AFC North and NFC West this year.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:38 Sep04 2020 Post ID: 3452167
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yes, it's just a picks league.

I think there are few sleepers in the NFC: Giants, Falcons, Lions and Cards. Giants have seriously improved their OL; if they can somehow convince Clowney to sign with them, they will be a serious threat in the NFC East. The Falcons have loads of talent. Ryan is getting older, but if Gurley can show signs of his former self, that's going to be one heck of an offense with Jones and Ridley on the outside. Lions are more of a gamble with Stafford's back issues, but they were like 3-1 to start last year - defeating the Chiefs in the process - before his back got jacked. And the Cards won a number of games last year without an OL. Now with a few additions, as well as getting Hopkins to pair with Fitz, they could see a bump.

The AFC is more cut and dry than the NFC imo. Bills are the current favorite in the East, but you can never count out that Pats (especially since they now have Cam). The Jets might be a sleeper after ending last year 7-5; they might be able to sneak the final Wild Card. AFC North has the easiest schedules, so one would have to imagine the Ravens, Steelers and Browns will be able to make the playoffs (most likely with the Ravens winning that division. I presently have the Colts coming out of the South; Houston lost so much during the offseason and I don't trust Tannehill after getting loads of cash. Chiefs clearly will in the West. Broncos are sleepers after adding so many weapons on offense, all will depend on if their OL can step up. Lock will have Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay as a one-two punch in the backfield, Sutton & Jeudy (along with Hamler and Hamilton) out wide, and the freak athletes of Fant and Albert O at TE. How do you hang with the Chiefs? Broncos clearly believe by scoring as much as they.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:55 Sep04 2020 Post ID: 3452168
steelersrock01
+
I'd definitely be interested in joining then.

I completely forgot the Falcons have Gurley. They could be sneaky if he can hold up. I always count out the Lions. I think Stafford is fantastic, but I don't think the talent around him is strong enough to compete in the division, especially with the conference being so strong. I think the Cards have a shot at the division with the addition of Hopkins as long as Murray keeps improving.

I'm not sure the Browns make the playoffs. They have loads of talent but can never seem to put it together. I'm pretty low on Mayfield. I actually think the Bengals may be able to squeeze out 6 or 7 wins, too. They were very, very unlucky in close games last year and weren't nearly as bad as their record.

I think the Colts the favorites in the South. River is definitely on the downswing, but he still has enough left in the tank for one more year, especially with that O Line and defense and with Marlon Mack behind him. I think the Titans were an anomaly, Tannehill will regress a bit and I doubt Henry will put up those numbers again. The Texans are a mess with BoB as GM and coach. The only real piece there is Watson. I do think they will inflate their records with some easy wins against the Jags, who seem to be tanking for Lawrence? Not sure what the plan there is, Minshew seems perfectly fine for a second year guy.

I'm not sure the Broncos have quite the firepower to match up with KC. You've gotta hope Lock takes another step up. Should be a good team though. You can never count out the Raiders, I think they have a shot to sneak in as well. And the Chargers are always loaded with talent but never quite put it together. Though the loss of Derwin James and starting Tyrod Taylor at QB will hurt them.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:12 Sep04 2020 Post ID: 3452169
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
League: https://www.footytips.com.a...d=499508
Password: kevin

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 4th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:44 Sep04 2020 Post ID: 3452170
steelersrock01
+
Thanks, I'm in. The strange Aussie language threw me off a bit. I guess they haven't updated for 2020 yet?
Warrior13 Posted: 20:36 Sep04 2020 Post ID: 3452171
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not yet it seems. Hopefully by next week. lol
Matt77 Posted: 03:46 Sep05 2020 Post ID: 3452172
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Warrior - Good old Kevin Whistle And I saw it btw.

I had another look and we still can't tip... Last year I did the week 1 tips about a month in advance. I hope the site is still continuing with NFL...

Mike - But I see you joined! Glad to have you on board! Basically every week you do the tips, and for the first game of each week, you have to also include a margin. This is so that at the end of the comp if 2 people are tied, margin is the tiebreaker.

EDIT - According to the site, competitions roll over every year. So I'll keep an eye out.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 5th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:48 Sep05 2020 Post ID: 3452175
steelersrock01
+
Makes sense. Good to go then. The first game is Thursday the 10th so they should be updating soon
Warrior13 Posted: 20:09 Sep05 2020 Post ID: 3452176
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Clowney to the Titans. About time. I seriously doubt he's in good enough shape though for Week 1.

With that said, I have my picks ready for Week 1. Going with my gut.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:21 Sep05 2020 Post ID: 3452177
steelersrock01
+
Clowney is not as good as he thinks he is. He's a good but not great pass rusher who has benefited from having JJ Watt on the line his entire career
Sanzano Posted: 02:55 Sep06 2020 Post ID: 3452178
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I see Fournette has gone to the Buccaneers, that suddenly makes them very dangerous. I can see why Warrior13 has taken them although I'm scratching my head with the Giants, I can't see them winning the NFC East let alone the Super Bowl. I'd feel pretty happy with the Chiefs as my cover bet though. The Buccaneers have gone all in to win this year and they have a great shot at it with the personnel they�ve added. My only concern with them is without a pre-season will they need a season to gel.

Just found out about the problems Derrius Guice had at college and am annoyed Washington wasted a pick on him. Although Guice was initially touted as being as good as Barkley with some putting him above the Giants star. The guy has two accusiations of rape against him at LSU, no wonder the rest of the league avoided him and he dropped into the second round.

Displaying Page 223 of 465
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | ... | 463 | 464 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close