Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 106 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Jun07 2018 Post ID: 3444644
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I'm reading a lot of pre season predictions and plenty of them have listed the Redskins as the dark outsider that is going to win the NFC East. I can't see it myself, I know Washington is basically a new team with the acquisitions made during the offseason at key positions and the return of injured players but I personally think it will take a season for them to gel plus Philadelphia and Dallas look strong and the NY Giants are on the rise again. Reports out of training camp say that Alex Smith is a better quarterback than Cousins and he is on a mission to prove his doubters in SF and Kansas wrong. You have to remember this guy was a former no 1 pick in the entire draft so he must have some talent whereas Cousins was a fifth round selection.

What's happening with the Dolphins, how are they shaping up Matt?

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 03:48 Jun07 2018 Post ID: 3444645
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Nothing much with Miami. I rarely check the NFL website these days since it's all just desperation click bait while the off-season is going. Plus I have the 2 main Australian sports to follow at the moment. Anything major would've probably been seen by you.

In terms of their chances, I'm slightly more optimistic about it. Particularly Tannehill's recovery. We have to remember he had the main injury probably about 14 months ago. These days in all sports ACLs can be recovered from usually between 10 and 12 months. I mean look at Wentz. He says he's on track to return in week 1, about 9 months after his injury. The worry was always going to be how the tear would affect Tannehill's athleticism. If he's had a long time to recover, there's no reason why he should be hindered at all.

Washington definitely can win it. But I doubt they will. Heaps of teams have potential, but inconsistency and under performing hurts them. You have to remember they had some really good performances against top-quality teams. That regulation win against LA Rams. That close loss to the red-hot Chiefs. That clutch escape @ Seattle. That oh-so-close victory against New Orleans. Alex Smith wont choke in those type of games, since they will be in the regular season. Come postseason it's a different story, but Washington can get close to playoffs.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:53 Jun08 2018 Post ID: 3444651
Sanzano
+
I think I'd be happy with an 8-8 season and the opportunity next year to pick up a decent young quarterback in the 2019 draft which Smith can help groom before he retires.

I see everyone is tipping the Rams to do well this season, they don't look anything special to me. I'd rather have my money on Green Bay with a healthy Aaron Rogers, you also can't discount the Eagles repeating if Wentz comes back fit and healthy.

I see Edelman the Patriots reciever has been done for PED's, you can't tell me he's the only one on that team taking them. Why is it whenever there is a cheating controversy in the NFL the New England Patriots seem to be in the middle of it? At least with those badass 70 and 80's Raiders teams they admitted it, their motto was 'If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough'.

Javis Landry the ex Miami player now with Cleveland has been insinuating in the press that Tyrod Taylor is a lot better quarterback than Ryan Tannenhill, one of his comments was 'It's a lot better than what I had in Miami'.

Matt77 Posted: 04:41 Jun08 2018 Post ID: 3444661
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington wouldn't like finishing 8-8 if they're going to pick a QB. It's a tough situation, because the best thing for the long-term is to finish poorly and get one of the top picks, but they want every chance to win and have success. Teams can come from no-where and have success. Atlanta finished the previous season 2-7 before making the SB that they should've won. Philly finished the previous season last in the NFC East before winning the SB. In short, no matter how teams are going, every team has a chance to win the SB.

I'm not totally convinced about the Rams either, but based on the sheer number of quality players they've recruited, they would go #1 in my power rankings. They have a young QB with a 28:7 ratio, arguably the best RB in the game who can become a quality WR as well, some beasts on defense, and young talent all over the park. It also helps being in a division with Arizona, a declining Seattle, and an overrated San Francisco.

That cheating stuff is just fans who are jealous and trying to get NE to lose credibility. Mark Ingram was recently caught too, and remember that player you posted the pic of? I'm sure at least 10% of players are on them.

Gee, that comment from Landry is reassuring. Before I was sad he left since he's a quality WR. Now I'm glad a smart-ass is off my team. Ryan Tannehill's form from week 6 onwards in his last season was about B Grade stuff. Tyrod Taylor is nowhere near a B Grade QB. He's just too conservative. He's a C+ type QB. I mean, this is a guy Buffalo thought was worse than Nathan Peterman.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:09 Jun19 2018 Post ID: 3444775
Sanzano
+
Reports based on six practices of OTAs and minicamp that were open to the media say that Baker Mayfield does not look anywhere near ready to compete with Tyrod Taylor for the No. 1 quarterback job. I bet the Browns are wishing they had of picked up Sam Darnold, this is the first time I've heard negative reports about someone as highly touted as Mayfield at this stage of pre season, you normally hear stories of them possibly starting after a few games, looks like you won't see Mayfield at all this season.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jun 19th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:58 Jun19 2018 Post ID: 3444778
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
We were never going to see Mayfield regardless, but these findings don't surprise me. Cleveland flopped big time in that underwhelming draft, and also recruited a locker room cancer in Landry. What he said about his former teammate Tannehill is beyond disrespectful. It's fine to say that Taylor is a good QB; that's the sportsmanlike thing to do. But you don't say he's far better than what he got in Miami.

If you see three notes of money on the ground, which do you pick? $5, $10, $20, $50, or $100? Jackson is 5, Allen 10, Mayfield 20, Rosen 50, & Darnold 100. Cleveland picked up the $20 note for some reason. NY Jets may make them pay.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:45 Jun19 2018 Post ID: 3444779
Sanzano
+
I hear what you're saying Matt, if Mayfield ends up being another quarterback flop in Cleveland and Darnold becomes a legend in New York there's going to some very upset Cleveland fans, even more so when you think they gave away Wentz. You can almost see the top of the Quarterback rankings in a couple of years time with Wentz and Darnold firmly at the top with all pro statuses.

Matt77 Posted: 04:14 Jun19 2018 Post ID: 3444782
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I really hope I'm wrong and Cleveland have made the right decision. If Mayfield becomes a bust they Mayaswell pack their bags and close the Cleveland Browns organisation. Last draft was the absolute golden draft, and Cleveland were given two picks inside the top 4 including #1. They had the ability to dictate that entire draft. Can you imagine what an established team like Dallas or Pittsburgh could've done with picks 1 & 4?

Still, we don't know yet whether Darnold will go well. For all we know Cleveland avoided Darnold simply because he was the best QB. In past drafts they've picked duds early due to a combo of bad drafting and horrific luck, and maybe they figured #1 picks are cursed in Cleveland, so instead chose the projected pick 3-5. Cause if Darnold ends up being a bust & Mayfield a HOFer, Cleveland will look like Gods for doing what they did.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:58 Jun21 2018 Post ID: 3444805
Sanzano
+
I hope whoever has the final decision at the Cleveland Browns knows what they were doing with those two first round draft picks this year. To me just being the average fan the logical picks were Sam Darnold number 1 and Bradley Chubb number 2 taking into account Saquon Barkley had already gone.

It's just been announced that Saquon Barkley has easily the best selling jersey in the NFL, the guy hasn't touched the ball yet in a competitive game and already he's making money for the club. I wonder what the Cleveland Browns are thinking about that missed opportunity taking into account nobody is going to want a Mayfield jersey as it's unlikely he'll be playing this season.

I think the Falcons are going to ge a handful this year, reports out of training camp says their number one draft pick Calvin Ridley is the real deal. Ridley on one side and Jones on the other and an in form Matt Ryan throwing to them and you have the recipe for big numbers as the defense can't double team everyone.

Matt77 Posted: 09:44 Jun21 2018 Post ID: 3444807
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It depends if that 'in form' Ryan appears. He had some shocking games last season, and was way off his best. He and they have lots of potential, but the question is will they live up to it?

About Barkley, that is why I was a big fan of Cleveland taking him at #1. He would've changed the culture of the organisation, and would've been instrumental in their revival. Along with Chubb he was the best player in the draft (possibly the sole best), and sometimes you just need to pick the best and logical pick. I mean, they could've gone Barkley #1, & Mayfield #4. John Dorsey is too stubborn with his 'no picking RBs in the 1st round' ways.

A few days ago I read up on the Miami practices, and everything I read says Tannehill is back to 100% fitness with no restrictions. This is great news for him and Miami, as it means he's capable of recapturing his 2016 form when his last 8 games resulted in a 7-1 record. Danny Amendola also looks to be a great recruit, even for his age. I'd much rather have an older player from the NE system than a punk like Jarvis Landry. Miami could realistically make playoffs in the weak AFC, and also realistically be the worst team in the NFL.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 21st 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Jun22 2018 Post ID: 3444814
Sanzano
+
Sometimes when a succesful veteran player like Danny Amendola goes to a new team they can instill a winning attitude in the locker room. The only thing that worries me about Amendola is the reason why he is at Miami, does he truly believe he can help turn the franchise around or is he there just for the money because Belichick and the Patriots won't pay him what he believes he is worth.

As for Cleveland, I would have gone Darnold 1 and Chubb 4 and picked up Guice in round 2. I don't know anything about Denzel Ward apart from he only wieghs 83K which is very light by NFL standards. A guy that size runs the risk of injury every play. Everytime he tackles a 100K plus running back Cleveland fans are going to be holding their breath as that's a lot of weight he's giving away.

Matt77 Posted: 04:42 Jun22 2018 Post ID: 3444817
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Money could definitely be a factor, but it may not be the bad side. He may be getting paid less because of the way NE pay their players, not because they think he's an average player. WR spots at NE change wildly every season though, so it's no surprise he got out. More than anything, he gives Tannehill an outlet that he lost when Landry left. If he's under pressure, he'll know Amendola has the experience to catch the ball.

Yeah, Ward may struggle early. He'll have to face LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, AJ Green twice a season, every season. Not that they're heavy, but they're elite when firing.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:59 Jun25 2018 Post ID: 3444853
Sanzano
+
I'll reserve judgement on Ward until I've seen him play in the NFL a few times, for all I know he could be as advertised and be the next Ronnie Lott in which case he's an excellent pick. As thing stands I've got a question mark beside the selection when I think of all the players that Cleveland could have taken with that pick.

Baker Mayfield in my opinion is a gamble, I just have a feeling Cleveland are hoping he is going to become a media darling and put the Browns under the spotlight because without a doubt Baker is the most likeable of the quarterbacks that were on offer in this years draft even if he was not the most NFL ready.

Matt77 Posted: 22:34 Jun25 2018 Post ID: 3444867
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol last time Cleveland went down that media path they created Johnny Football. And now he's languishing in the CFL.

Cleveland will show us what they're capable of in week 1 when they host Pittsburgh. If it's carnage we know that it'll be the same old Browns, but Pittsburgh are beatable in soft games.

Washington get a very winnable game @ Arizona. Keep in mind that there's a 6.25% chance Bradford will get injured & Mike Glennon will take over, and if that happens all Washington have to do is stop David Johnson. Miami also host Tennessee, which will give a good indication of how they'll go.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:46 Jun26 2018 Post ID: 3444869
Sanzano
+
On paper Washington should beat Arizona, I don't fancy being David Johnson going up against a healthy Redskin front four as it is starting to look nasty with Allen and the aptly named Payne waiting for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland somehow beat Pittsburgh in the first week, I don't think it's beyond the realms of impossibility. The cleveland team coming out in 2018 has so many changes in the starting lineup from the 2017 team the Steelers could be in for a surprise as they have no game film to study. The Steelers last year didn't look all that and like you rightly pointed out they were sneaking a lot of their games.

Miami have a tough opening game against the Tennessee Titans. I'm not sure they will be able to stop Mariota and Murray to be honest. I take the Titans winning that one 21-17.

Below is the latest odds, I'm surpised to see the Steelers at 7/1 and the Los Angeles Rams at 20/1, I would have had those two reversed. Looks like the Redskins and Dolphins are no hopers at 80/1.

New England Patriots: 5/1
Pittsburgh Steelers: 7/1
Philadelphia Eagles: 7/1
Green Bay Packers: 12/1
Minnesota Vikings: 14/1
New Orleans Saints: 16/1
Atlanta Falcons: 18/1
Houston Texans: 18/1
Dallas Cowboys: 20/1
Jacksonville Jaguars: 20/1
Oakland Raiders: 20/1
Los Angeles Rams: 20/1
Seattle Seahawks: 25/1
San Francisco 49ers: 25/1
Los Angeles Chargers: 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs: 25/1
Carolina Panthers: 30/1
Denver Broncos: 30/1
Baltimore Ravens: 40/1
Tennessee Titans: 40/1
Indianapolis Colts: 40/1
Detroit Lions: 50/1
New York Giants: 60/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 60/1
Arizona Cardinals: 80/1
Washington Redskins: 80/1
Miami Dolphins: 80/1
Buffalo Bills: 80/1
Cincinnati Bengals: 100/1
Cleveland Browns: 100/1
Chicago Bears: 100/1
New York Jets: 100/1

Matt77 Posted: 03:18 Jun26 2018 Post ID: 3444874
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Those odds can't be right. Literally every article I've read about Chicago has them jumping straight on the bandwagon because of their recruiting, on and off-field. And Oakland & Dallas CANNOT have the same chance as LA Rams to win the Superbowl. Maybe I should put $50 on them to win. I could win $950.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:46 Jun26 2018 Post ID: 3444876
Sanzano
+
Lol, that's what I thought. Below are some other odds, I'm not too sure how these ones work but Washington and Miami are still at the bottom although the LA Rams are slighly higer. Based on these odds how much do I get back if I put $10 on the LA Rams to win the tournament? I have a feeling they are going to go close this year. Especially after poaching Miami's talisman on defense. Ndamukong Suh may be the missing piece that helps them go all the way.

New England Patriots +350
Green Bay Packers +800
Philadelphia Eagles +850
Pittsburgh Steelers +1000
Minnesota Vikings +1200
Los Angeles Rams +1750
San Francisco 49ers +1800
Houston Texans +1850
New Orleans Saints +1850
Jacksonville Jaguars +2000
Atlanta Falcons +2000
Dallas Cowboys +2000
Oakland Raiders +2100
Carolina Panthers +2500
Seattle Seahawks +2500
Kansas City Chiefs +3000
Los Angeles Chargers +3000
Denver Broncos +3500
Indianapolis Colts +4000
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +4000
Baltimore Ravens +5000
Arizona Cardinals +5000
Tennessee Titans +5000
Detroit Lions +5000
Miami Dolphins +7000
Washington Redskins +7000
New York Giants +5500
New York Jets +10000
Chicago Bears +10000
Cincinnati Bengals +10000
Buffalo Bills +10000
Cleveland Browns +10000

Matt77 Posted: 07:08 Jun26 2018 Post ID: 3444883
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I have no idea what the +800 etc means in terms of money won. In Australia for all our sports they use a different system, where for example Tennessee are $1.70 to beat Miami and Miami are $2.10 to beat Tennessee. It would mean if I placed $11 on Tennessee winning, I'd get 11 lots of $1.70 back ($18.70). I really wish more competitions used this method and not 50/1 or 4/9 or 2/5 or 5/3 etc. God knows how understanding the +800 works though if I can't understand 4/9.

Based on the first odds, Detroit at 50/1 is really harsh. They were close to making playoffs in the NFC and have a top 10 QB (while he had the worst running game in the league for the past few years). Now Detroit have LeGarette Blount, and while he's getting old, he's still workman-like and will do well. Just remember too, in 2016/17 New England won the SB when he was on the team. In 2017/18 Philly won the SB when he was on the team. In 2018/19 Detroit may win the SB when he is on the team. If you put $50 on them and they won you'd get $2,450 back!

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:31 Jun26 2018 Post ID: 3444885
Sanzano
+
I'm familiar with these odds 50/1, 4/9 , 2/5, and 5/3. Basically you have to gamble 50 dollars to win 1. Gamble 4 dollars to win 9. 2 dollars to win 5 and 5 dollars to win 3.

I can't see Detroit making a serious run for the Super Bowl, too many other teams with better talent in key positions in their way. I still think Matthew Stafford is underated, I think he could do really well in another team like the New England Patriots for example.

Matt77 Posted: 08:55 Jun30 2018 Post ID: 3444937
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Tampa Bay's season is over before it started, yet again. Last season they were given a week 1 bye and 16 consecutive matches. Now Jameis Winston has been suspended by the NFL for an external incident involving a woman and an Uber driver. He misses New Orleans, Philly, & Pittsburgh, meaning 3 difficult games are now instant losses. A 0-3 start to the season will be extremely difficult to come back from, especially since they're in such a tough division.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 106 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close