Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 108 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 10:02 Aug10 2018 Post ID: 3445456
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
To be fair Washington players are always injured, so it's nothing new...

Yes Mayfield's numbers looked good despite 11/20. 212 yards & 2TDs is very good, and no INTs. Josh Allen was 9/19 for 116 yards and a TD. Lamar Jackson meanwhile, was 7/18 for 119 yards. I know it's early, but the numbers are pointing towards him being a bust.

I still can't believe Miami signed Brock Osweiler and Bryce Petty. The sooner they are cut, the better.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 02:08 Aug13 2018 Post ID: 3445482
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Derrius Guice has a torn ACL and is out for the entire season!!! How unlucky is that kid? First he gets overlooked in the draft because of some unsubstantiated rumours which cost him millions of dollars as he ended up being drafted into the middle of the second round and now after six carries in preseason he won't touch the ball until the 2019 season. Mind you in those six carries he looked like a beast, that wasn't easy to bring down, reminded me of Marshawn Lynch.

There was then rumours flying around that the Redskins would pick up either Adrian Peterson or Alfred Morris but thankfully Gruden but those rumours to bed by annoucing that Washington would go with their current crop of backs and would not be bringing anyone else in.

Would Derrius Guice be able to make a full recovery from an ACL or is it one of those injuries that has a lasting effect, I did some research and got the answer...

'20% of running backs and wide receivers never return to the NFL and for those that do return, performance drops by a third.'

Matt77 Posted: 03:46 Aug13 2018 Post ID: 3445483
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Wow, that's horrible news. In the AFL down here a player tore his 6th ACL on the weekend...

In terms of him coming back, I would ignore that stat. That's just an average figure. ACLs are nasty but if a player can properly recover there's no reason why they can't return to their original form. Yes things will be different, but it may be that Guice has to change his running style slightly. I'd also say the chances are better for players who aren't racing the clock. No-one's going to be asking him "Are you going to be back for Week x or Week y or maybe Week z. It won't matter if his rehab is slightly longer than the 12 months. He can get a proper rehab and he'll be ready to start running by the off-season, meaning he'll have an entire off-season and pre-season to get it right.

And I know that stat was for running backs and wide receivers, but if you look at how QBs recover several struggle too. However, some also thrive and it doesn't affect them at all. I mean, Tom Brady tore his ACL in 2008, and he's still playing 10 years later at age 40!

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Aug15 2018 Post ID: 3445489
Sanzano
+
Looks like Miami have been hit with a bit of bad luck. They got rid of Jarvis Landry because they felt DeVante Parker their former first-round draft pick could step up and fill the wide reciever position. Not only did he not catch any of the ten passes thrown his way during the preseason opener but he has now broken his finger.

I wonder if the Dolphins will start panicking with less than a month to go before the season starts and sign Dez Bryant? Apparently he me with the team last Thursday and Friday.

Matt77 Posted: 02:51 Aug15 2018 Post ID: 3445490
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Miami don't need another veteran WR. They're in a mini-rebuild, so they need to focus on youth. I'd be disappointed if Dez came to Miami.

You're absolutely right about Parker being a dud so far. I think they got rid of Landry cause he wanted more money & wanted to leave Miami, but still Parker needs to step up with him gone. Parker has a lot of talent, but is way too inconsistent.

Miami's running game however, is looking very, very good. Rookie Kalen Ballage looked impressive from what I read, and we know that the stand-out rookie RBs usually come from later rounds (I can't find his draft pick but it wasn't very early on).

Also, off-topic-ish, but did you get tagged into the tipping thread & see what I posted? If you did & want to pass it's all good, but I'm just checking incase you didn't see it & still want to participate with us.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:39 Aug15 2018 Post ID: 3445491
Sanzano
+
No Matt, I didn't see it. I'll look at it now. Count me in though.

Matt77 Posted: 04:20 Aug15 2018 Post ID: 3445494
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Cheers. I replied in the specific thread.

Once everyone who wants to join the competition joins, NFL discussion & tipping discussion will all be done here.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 19:21 Aug20 2018 Post ID: 3445522
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh dear. Washington have signed Adrian Peterson.

I don't see much good coming out of this. Yes he will give you 2-4 100+ yard games, but the other 12-14 will be very, very average.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Aug21 2018 Post ID: 3445524
Sanzano
+
I don't like this move but with injuries to Guice, Marshall, and Perine at the running back position the Redskins need help and Washington feel signing him is their best option. Peterson has the last two games of preseason to prove himself and there is no guaranteed money so no risk for Washington really but if Peterson slots into the offense and he clicks unlike New Orleans it could work out. If he can regain the form he had with the Vikings a few years back he will a dangerous addition to the offense. I agree with you though, this just feels like when Emmitt Smith left the Cowboys and joined the Cardinals for his final two years in the league and was just a shadow of his former self.

Matt77 Posted: 08:32 Aug23 2018 Post ID: 3445539
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
[Post transferred to newly-merged thread]

I think he's going to do it anyway, but his royal highness would prefer just regular season since he knows we will destroy him

Warrior, if you prefer just the regular season, we'll put it down to a result deciding it. By that, I mean since me & Dennis outvote you 2-1, if Miami win their season opener against Tennessee by MORE THAN 3 points, we will cut postseason. If Miami only win by 3 or less, or if Tennessee win, we'll be doing postseason.

ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 17:50 Aug24 2018 Post ID: 3445552
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Week 1 Picks are gonna be tough...
Matt77 Posted: 22:42 Aug24 2018 Post ID: 3445553
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Hehehe...

But anyways, you're right. There's already a few upset picks I've had a look at. I haven't done my tips though.

And a reminder, if you miss tips one week, you receive the lowest score of the other players. Eg:

You forget
I get 11/16
Dennis gets 10/16

You will get 10/16. So if lets say you realise on sunday night that you missed the afternoon games, do not tip any more that week, cause you'll get that exact score. Eg:

You miss the first 12 games
You tip the final 4 and get 3 correct
You get 3/16, rather than the 10/16.

tl;dr - Don't forget your tips, cause you may get in a pickle.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 27th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Aug27 2018 Post ID: 3445555
Sanzano
+
Matt, how comes if Warrior13 forgets to tip one week you get 11/16 and I only get 10/16, how does that work?

Also, 11/16 is a good score, I'd be happy to get that in a week, especially in the early weeks before everything settles down and you get an idea who the contentders and pretenders are.

Basically I'm a bit confused as to how the scoring system works.

Sanzano Posted: 01:33 Aug27 2018 Post ID: 3445556
Sanzano
+
Matt, I know it's only preseason but I'm already concerned about Alex Smith, he looked below average against the Broncos last night while Kevin Hogan the Quarterback Washington picked up from Cleveland threw for two touchdowns. Adrian Peterson getting over 5 yards a carry was a good sign though. How did the Dolphins get on?

Matt77 Posted: 08:57 Aug27 2018 Post ID: 3445557
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Ignore that example I put. I just wrote too much and ended up confusing you. Basically I had hypothetical scores to demonstrate how a scenario would work. If someone forgets their tips, only their score is affected.

Every week you simply make your tips and decide a margin for the Thursday game.

And hold your horses on Alex Smith. He has attempted 14 passes this pre-season. Miami have had a mediocre pre-season, although Tannehill has thrown no INTs despite moderate game time. The consensus however seems to be that Miami will be playing their boring conservative style offense that they did last season.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 27th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 02:42 Sep01 2018 Post ID: 3445574
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Not long now until the season starts. Don't forget to do your tips if you haven't already!

Washington @ Arizona is gonna be such a hard one to tip. The website lists both teams at $1.90, meaning it is literally 50/50 who the betting companies think will win.

3 upset picks for me this week. They could come back to bite me.

Spoiler:
click to reveal

If you did choose to see them, it's your own risk if they influence your tips.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 1st 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:09 Sep01 2018 Post ID: 3445575
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I'm pretty sure I'm going with Atlanta and Miami as well. The Eagles first team looked horrible in the preseason, while the Falcon's first teamers seemed to score a touchdown on almost every series they were on the field. If Miami can't defeat Tennessee at home, then this will be a horrible year for them. I have to believe they can get this one win.

The Giants are another upset I'm considering. Bortles was terrible this preseason, and he could really have been a one year wonder last year for Jacksonville. I don't think Seattle can pull out a W, not with Denver's defense looking really good these past couple of weeks.

I agree, Washington vs Arizona is a tough pick. Dallas and Carolina as well. Oh, Bengals and Colts too, depending on what version of each team we will see.
Matt77 Posted: 22:46 Sep01 2018 Post ID: 3445576
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yes yes, those are all tough, except I think Carolina will easily handle Dallas. Bortles is looking very hot and cold, and since Jacksonville now have a quality backup in Kessler, don't be surprised if mid-season they send him in. I was very tempted to go for the 'upset' and pick Cincy, but I just went with the "when in doubt pick the home team" theory.

Yeah, Seattle is a big risk, but I just don't think we can write off Seattle just yet. Never ever write off a champion/champion team. Case Keenum is not the same QB as he was at Minnesota. If the Denver of 2 years ago comes along they will dominate; if it's last year's, it may be a 43-8 Seattle repeat.

Atlanta was originally an upset, but now I think it's expected they will win despite the tipping website increasing Atlanta's odds (???). Nick Foles is a certain starter in week 1 as I thought may happen, and his preseason play has been woeful. I've jumped on the Atlanta bandwagon with you, and I think they'll be back for vengeance this season especially since Philly beat them in the playoffs.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Sep03 2018 Post ID: 3445579
Sanzano
+
I have a feeling Adrian Peterson is going to have a big year at Washington, the Redskins didn't even give him a carry in their last preseason game, management had seen enough the previous week. That left the other four running backs that were not injured to fight it out to make the squad. Peterson is the starting running back and he'll be running behind a decent offensive line. This should take the pressure off of Smith who so far has looked average passing the ball. The other thing you have to remember is although he is old by running back standards, athletes know how to look after their bodies these days so there is no reason he can't play at the top level until he is 35. Besides he still runs a 4.4 40.

Washington vs Arizona is a tough one to call, especially with the Cardinals playing at home. All I know is Washington always loee the first game of the new season and they are playing away which doesn't help. I'm tempted to pick the skins but I just know they'll find a way to lose.

Matt77 Posted: 02:23 Sep03 2018 Post ID: 3445580
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I completely forgot about Washington's awful week 1 record. That's a certain Arizona win now.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 108 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close