Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 112 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 11:34 Sep19 2018 Post ID: 3445696
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It might be a delay since it still thinks it's week 2. For a few days the BAL v CIN game didn't show up as completed, so they may delay it since it's primarily an AFL tipping website. Since DAL @ SEA is a Sunday game, hopefully it gives the website time to fix the issue.

I had a look at week 4 and the website correctly says Washington & Carolina have a bye, so it looks to be a one-off issue. If you both want we can separately tip DAL @ SEA on here & add it onto the total at the end of the season, or just leave it be.

I tipped Cleveland in a game...am I stupid? Last time I tipped them (once in the past 2 seasons) they choked a 14-point Q4 lead... They've choked 2 wins so far, it may be a 3rd...

'Very few' upsets for me this week. Was very tempted to pick Tampa Bay, but you can never write off the Pittsburgh Dogs. They got super lucky against Cleveland after having a 21-7 lead and the Cleveland kicker miss a game-winning kick. Then they nearly beat KC. I hope Antonio Brown doesn't play (he too was absent from practice).

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 19:15 Sep19 2018 Post ID: 3445700
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
It's fixed now. ^_^

Probably just a glitched, as you referenced to. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 23:15 Sep19 2018 Post ID: 3445703
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yep, I saw too ^_^

As Dennis says, Seattle are somehow favourites ($1.78) so that doesn't count as an upset pick for me.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Sep20 2018 Post ID: 3445704
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Just added my tip for Seattle vs Dallas. Not changing my mind, I still think Dallas will win behind the running of Elliot.

Like you Matt I felt inclined to pick Cleveland for a win against the Jets. If any team is due a win its the Browns and I feel the Jets don't bring enough to Cleveland to walk away with the win. There's always the chance Darnold will have a great day but I personally think Clevelands defense isn't that bad and although they are 0-2 they have been relatively close games. I think the key will be Myles Garrett and can he disrupt Darnold enough for him to make mistakes. If Cleveland lose this they join the 76/77 Yucks, I mean Buccanners who were awful as losing 20 straight games, a record Cleveland will be desperate to avoid.

Matt77 Posted: 02:25 Sep20 2018 Post ID: 3445705
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Technically they are safe from that losing record since they are 0-1-1 and tied against Pittsburgh, but it still applies if you count winless games. Cleveland should be 2-0 right now, but shocking play from their kicker (has now been cut) cost them wins. Who would've thought Cleveland would nearly be 2-0 against Pittsburgh & @ New Orleans (both playoff teams)? If NY Jets could only score 1TD at home against Miami, they have little chance @ Cleveland (Cleveland D > Miami D).

How do you think Washington will go hosting Green Bay? GB blew a 20-9 home lead last week, and this is GB's first away game of the season. 2 seasons ago at the same venue, Washington thrashed GB 42-24.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:38 Sep20 2018 Post ID: 3445706
Sanzano
+
I have to go Green Bay. You have to discount Washington's week one win against Arizona as St. Louis showed the following week that the team is hopless and will end up with the worst record in the NFL at the end of the season.

I think Rogers does enough to get past Washington in a 21-10 kind of game. I followed the Redskin game last week and they literally cannot run the ball and have no decent wide recievers. Like I told you previously, if you can stop Chris Thompson and Jordan Reid you stop the Redskins. The Redskins own crowd booed them out of their stadium last week their performance was that bad.

Matt77 Posted: 07:40 Sep20 2018 Post ID: 3445707
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I see what you mean, but this is the perfect time for Washington to have a shock win, followed by an awful loss the next week. It's their usual pattern. I did tip GB though, but there is a slight chance Washington can spring the upset.

Yuck. I just looked at the Washington running game last week. Their top rusher (29 yards off 2 carries) was a wide receiver... Then Peterson with 20 yards, then Alex Smith (QB) with 14. The crazy thing in that game was that Smith passed for nearly 300 yards and WAS only lost 1 fumble, compared to intercepting Luck twice, and still lost scoring 0TDs. They were 0/2 in the red-zone compared to Indy at 3/3. That hurt. They also had 7 minutes more possession than Indy and still lost. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:21 Sep20 2018 Post ID: 3445708
Sanzano
+
Lol, and you're thinking of backing Washington against Green Bay. I can't see how Washington can suddenly sort things out. Peterson's stats since 2016 are dreadful, looking a them now I'm amazed Washington took a chance on him.

Washington are desperate for a deep threat wide reciever to spread the field and make space for their running game. This short passing game they are currently playing will get closed down in a few weeks when teams cotton onto the fact they don't have any recievers that can get deep and catch the ball. That guy Richardson from Seattle they signed in the offseason doesn't cut it in my opinion, he's just average at best. The Redskins need someone who will scare the life out of the defense like Randy Moss and Jerry Rice used to do when they played.

There's the possbility that Rogers may not play against Washington as he has got a sore knee, if that happens the game in my opinion becomes a coin toss with a slight advantage going to Washington being the home team. As things stand I'm going Green Bay.

Matt77 Posted: 11:22 Sep20 2018 Post ID: 3445714
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Imo there is about a 5% chance Rodgers doesn't play. It's just the media hyping up his injury so that when he wins games and the MVP, they can call his efforts superhuman and god-like (they said similar things after he went off 'injured' against Chicago and then came back and won). If he was injured in the slightest there's no way he could've overcame a 20-point deficit against Chicago's elite D. He's carrying a niggle, but it cannot be a serious injury. If you were a QB and had a full-on injury, you wouldn't choose to face Chicago (Mack & co) and Minnesota (killed him last year).

I hate to say it, but Washington need a complete rebuild. Having Alex Smith as the caretaker QB is good cause it means Washington won't have 3-13 seasons, but they need to draft a QB asap. Guice will be back next season so there's hope at RB, but they may consider getting another kid. They also need new WRs in the draft. From what I know the defense isn't bad so that can stay put. How is the o-line? I thought I'd heard good things about it, but you'd think a good o-line would help the RBs gain yards.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 20th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445715
Sanzano
+
I think we're seeing that start of a legend in Cleveland, it's almost as if the plot has been scripted. Cleveland are losing to N.Y. Jets and the Browns quarterback Tyrod Taylor leaves the field because of a concussion and Baker Mayfield enters the game and wins it for Cleveland giving them their first win in a couple of years. Unbelievable stuff, the exact same thing happened in New England almost twenty yeasrs ago when Tom Brady came on and replaced Drew Bledsoe and like they say the rest is history. I don't think Cleveland will make the playoffs but they'll get three or four wins this year, they are definately improving.

Anyway, I'm off to a winning start, I picked Cleveland this week. I just had a hunch they would win.

Matt77 Posted: 03:34 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445717
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
We all picked Cleveland. We both were 1 off the correct margin, and Warrior got it spot on.

I was following the score for most of the match, and at one stage Tyrod Taylor was 2/11 for 7 yards. I think the concussion was just an excuse so that Taylor won't think he got benched. Just before the game one of the commentators made a wild prediction that Mayfield would play.

You say Cleveland won't make playoffs, but who knows. They were 0-14 with Taylor and 21-3 with Mayfield. It took Mayfield 2 passes to beat Taylor's passing numbers. It seems to me that Cleveland's shocking draft will actually pay off, since every time they choose the best QB, they become a flop. They instead passed on Darnold, who they arguably should've picked. Speaking of Darnold, it's early days but already he's thrown 5INTs in 3 games. One of the worries with him in college was his turnovers. I worry that NY Jets rushed him in instead of starting Josh McCown, who had a career-best season last year.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:40 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445718
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Pure luck on my part. lol

Glad to see Cleveland win. I was tired of losing the Thursday Games.
Sanzano Posted: 07:42 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445719
Sanzano
+
I was actually pleased to see Cleveland win. It's a good time to be a Cleveland fan, I think that team is going places in the next two or three years. It reminds me what happened at Dallas when Jimmy Johnson took over a 1-15 team and brought in great draft picks who instantly gelled and a dynasty was born. Back then it was Troy Aikmen, Michael Irvin, and Emmit Smith. I wonder if we will be talking about Baker Mayfield, Myles Garret, and Denzel Ward in the same breath when their careers are over.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:41 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445720
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Garrett looked off last night. I don't know if he just got frustrated from being double teamed on more than half of the plays, but he didn't show his potential on the ones where he had a single lineman on him. I don't know though.

Did you guys pick Cleveland by three because that was the line / spread / Vegas Betting Margin? Wiseguy

Just wondering. lol
Matt77 Posted: 10:35 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445721
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nope. I don't look at that type of odds. Just an educated guess to choose 3.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:59 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445724
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think I've picked three or four with all the Thursday Games thus far. XD
Matt77 Posted: 11:37 Sep21 2018 Post ID: 3445725
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've gone 1, 7, & now 3. In my AFL tipping I often set a margin of 1, because it factors in an upset (meaning you will be closer to the correct margin if you tip incorrectly). In fact, tonight it helped me greatly.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:39 Sep23 2018 Post ID: 3445752
Sanzano
+
I think it?s pretty safe to say Green Bay will beat Washington tonight, three key players for the Redskins are injured or ill and unlikely to play. Josh Norman, who runs the secondary, Paul Richardson, the supposedly deep threat, and Zach Brown, the linebacker. What is interesting though is that Colt McCoy the second string quarterback is also injured and the Redskins only have two quarterbacks on the roster. What happens if Alex Smith goes down?

Matt77 Posted: 04:59 Sep23 2018 Post ID: 3445754
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Gee. They must have a player on their team who plays in a different position, but who can also play QB.

I just checked and you're definitely correct. That could be a disaster waiting to happen, especially if Washington are leading at the time of an injury.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 10:46 Sep23 2018 Post ID: 3445755
Sanzano
+
Not that I know of Matt, they got rid of their third string quarterback Kevin Hogan last week. He now plays for Denver. Like you say if Green Bay where to start losing the game there would be a temptation to knock the quarterback out the game knowing full well the Redskins don?t have a replacement. Anyway, even as it stands Gruden has probably told Alex Smith to down the ball and not scramble out the pocket if it becomes a broken play. This takes away one of the Redskins biggest strengths on offense. I see Washington getting convincingly beat 27-10.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 23rd 2018 »

Displaying Page 112 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close