Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 164 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 02:08 Aug20 2019 Post ID: 3448480
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
It looks like Haskins is not a good quarterback under pressure, at college he had a 90.4 passer rating with a clean pocket that dropped to 56.7 when pressured, and the primary reason for this is that he is not able to adjust his body to make throws under pressure. Basically, the guy can't throw the ball on the run but with no pressure he will kill you. This doesn't bode well for the NFL where he will be going up against monsters wanting to rip his head off every play. I'm beginning to think the Giants knew what they where doing when they selected Jones. Now with McCoy injured it looks like a certain 0-5 start for Washington with Keenum starting.

I read an article on the internet that stated the Redskins are the worst put together team in the NFL, scratched my head a bit. I know they are not great but there are some decent players on defense so not sure what the guy was going on about, I can only assume he was a Dallas fan.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 06:52 Aug20 2019 Post ID: 3448481
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I hear what you say about Haskins and being under pressure. That was the big problem that teams had with him leading up to the draft. Washington's o-line needs to be a priority in terms of strengthening it and/or keeping it healthy. When Dak Prescott started in his rookie season he was a top 10 QB and threw 4INTs only in the regular season, but he had the #1 o-line in the NFL. The next season when it had injuries, he fell off a cliff and Dallas went from losing a divisional playoff game by a FG, to missing playoffs altogether.

Washington are no-where near being one of the worst teams. To be the worst team in the comp you generally need to be weak in most areas. But Washington have an above average rushing game and D-line. These 2 strengths surely will keep Washington in enough games so that they can get at least 5 wins.

And funnily enough...
On August 14th (6 days ago), I said:Antonio Brown is back at training. For now. Who knows when his next dummy spit will be.
...Brown has filed a second helmet grievance vs the NFL.

Also to end. We've been talking a lot about our respective teams' QB battles, but San Francisco may have one very soon. Jimmy Garoppolo went 1/6 for 6 yards and 1INT yesterday. A week or so ago in practice, he threw 5INTs on 5 consecutive plays. For now he's the clear starter, but if he is mediocre in the regular season he has Beathard and Mullens in line to take the job.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 02:03 Aug21 2019 Post ID: 3448484
Sanzano
+
I never rated that Jimmy Garoppolo anyway, as far as I am concerned he is where he is because he was Tom Brady's backup for years at New England. If I was the head coach of the 49rs I would take a chance with Nick Mullens and trade Garappolo back to the Patriots for a 1st round draft pick.

Adrian Peterson looks like he wants to keep his starting job, he looked good against the Bungles, especially his 26 yard run. Guice though who is now healthy will want his share of the carries and who is this Reynolds player I keep hearing about?

Matt77 Posted: 04:03 Aug21 2019 Post ID: 3448485
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Miami have given up-and-coming WR Jakeem Grant a 4-year extension on his current contract. He's definitely one to watch this season. I didn't realise he was a 6th-round pick from a few years ago...

I don't think New England will need Garoppolo. Their rookie QB Jared Stidham has looked impressive in preseason. I remember back at the 2017/18 draft, you were telling me who the best-looking QBs for next draft were. You gave 5 names; one was Drew Lock, 3 were no-names who never panned out, and one was Jared Stidham.

As for that RB you're talking about...
Pick Analysis:
Reynolds was an honorable mention Division II All-American in 2018, a two-time team captain, and a three-time All-Region selection for the Bears. The three-time first-team all-conference pick proved himself an all-purpose threat as a redshirt freshman, starting five of 11 games played in 2015. He caught 12 passes for 115 yards in his first game against Assumption and continued to contribute in the passing game (59-494-8.4, one TD) as well as the team's rushing attack (30-182-6.1, two TDs) and on some punt returns (5-69-13.8). Reynolds became a breakout performer in 2016, leading the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference in rushing (185-1,189-6.4, 14 TDs) while still catching passes (19-163-8.6) and returning kickoffs (17-342-20.1) and punts (7-36-5.1). He was limited to eight games as a junior due to an injury (109-456-4.2, four TDs rushing; 29-410-3.6, five TDs receiving; 4-108-27.0 kick returns; 9-153-17.0, one TD punt return). He played in all 11 games in 2018, once again leading the way with 15 touchdowns on the ground (172-823-4.8) and three through the air (40-472-11.8). Reynolds continued to be a weapon on special teams (11-241-21.9 kickoff returns, 15-139-9.3 punt returns).

Strengths
Looks the part with broad chest, muscular arms and proportional frame. Versatility of skills is above average. Uses as both punt and kick returner. Finished with 46 career touchdowns. Smooth hips with fluid change of direction Runs with adequate pad level of thump into contact. Above-average tackle breaker. Proven talent out of backfield with three seasons over 400 yards receiving.

Weaknesses
Played lower level of competition. Never hit 100-plus yards over last six games. Average suddenness. Will need to play faster and make quicker reads as a pro. Best rushing season was as a sophomore. Can improve physicality and consistency as pass protector.

Preseason Week 1 - 9 carries for 21 yards (2.3 ave) & 1 catch for 5 yards
Preseason Week 2 - 5 carries for 25 yards (5 ave)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:48 Aug22 2019 Post ID: 3448487
Sanzano
+
I don't think Reynolds will about for long, I have a feeling he's only on the team at the moment because the Redskins have 2 elite runners with injuries which nobody at tha moment knows if they will fully recover from them. If anyone is in danger of losing their job to Reynolds it is probably Samaje Perine. At the moment Perine is on the rooster because Jay Gruden loves him for some reason, from what I have seen the guy is an average 4th round running back.

Jared Stidham, yes, you are right he was more highly touted then his name just fizzled out. Looking at his stats now it looks like he passed on his final year of eligibility and declared for the 2019 NFL Draft which may be why he was only a 4th round pick and didn't go higher as he basically gave up a year of football experience. He played at a decent college in Auburn and his 151 quarterback rating is good so Belichick may have seen something in him.

Matt77 Posted: 23:00 Aug22 2019 Post ID: 3448491
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Takeaways from last night's preseason games:

It was certainly a night for rookie QBs

- Green Bay and Oakland played on an 80-yard field
- Dwayne Haskins went 7/13 for 74 yards
- Josh Rosen went 5/7 for 59 yards
- Daniel Jones went 9/11 for 141 yards
- Bengals rookie QB Ryan Finley went 14/20 for 155 yards
- Bengals rookie QB (another one) Jake Dolegala went 10/12 for 94 yards & 2TDs
- Ravens rookie QB Trace McSorly went 19/28 for 203 yards & 2TDs
- Unretired journeyman Josh McCown went 17/24 for 192 yards & 2TDs
- Cam Newton injured his foot after no Panthers QB exceeded 45 yards passing
- Patriots rookie QB Jarrett Stidham went 15/19 for 134 yards

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 22nd 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:36 Aug23 2019 Post ID: 3448492
Sanzano
+
Daniel Jones is starting to put up some decent numbers, 9 out of 11 pass completions is outstanding by anyone's standards. I wonder if he can do it in the regular season. I see public opinion of the the Giants picking Jones is starting to shift from mockery to good pick pick. Haskins on the other hand is still looking mediocre, I'm starting to worry he will be a bust and the Giants will have the last laugh. This is eerily beginning to look like when the Giants drafted Phil Simms in the 1979 draft with the 7th overal pick and the N.Y. fans were very vocal about their discontent for the pick of the unknown quarterback from Moorhead State. Simms rode the negative publicity and would go on to get two Super Bowl rings and be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Jarrett Stidham is quietly putting up good numbers as well, I wonder if Belichick will get him more involved this season once the Patriots have the game won under Brady.

To be honest, I would have expected better numbers from Josh Rosen as he has a year's NFL experience behind him.

Looks like Derius Guice is now healthy for the Redskins but there is now a question mark with Chris Thompson who was knocked out the game with a concussion. The season hasn't even started and the Redskins are picking up injuries to key players.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 23rd 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:11 Aug23 2019 Post ID: 3448493
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The media were very harsh on NY Giants and Jones because they knew he wasn't the best QB in the draft. I agree, but he is probably the least likely to be a bust. NY Giants know they've got someone who will have at minimum an average NFL career as a starter, and at best be a multiple Pro Bowl player with a ring or two.

While I'm happy for the guy potentially proving the doubters wrong to win a backup job, this is terrible news for the NFL. Belichick & NE had one go at grooming a young QB but let him leave, and surely if they do it again they wont make the same mistake. This could keep Belichick at NE after Brady retires, and the dynasty could go on for another decade...

Rosen only threw for 59 yards because he was on the field for one drive only. 5/7 for 59 yards is roughly 12 yards per pass. What I read though was that he lead from from MIA 1 to a touchdown 99 yards up the field.

I heard that Guice did well. They gave him 11 carries in his first game back as well. I don't think Washington will miss Thompson too much if he misses week 1.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:08 Aug23 2019 Post ID: 3448496
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Rosen has to be our starter week one. He is just so much better than Fitzpatrick. Stronger Arm. More Accurate. Not as quick, but can still move. Just as smart.

Rosen threw a forty yard pass right on the money while scrambling. It was beautiful, in perfect stride and in such a tight window.
Matt77 Posted: 23:18 Aug23 2019 Post ID: 3448499
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Are you concerned with the way Flores is bashing Rosen at every opportunity, but saying Fitz is amazing? It seems to me like Flores has made his mind up with who will be starting Week 1.

Takeaway from last night's preseason games:

- Mayfield went 10/26 for 72 yards & 1INT

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 22:58 Aug24 2019 Post ID: 3448500
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The following sentence is NOT a joke, a lie, or a rumour. It is confirmed:

Colts QB Andrew Luck has announced his immediate retirement from the NFL.

Apparently the mental and physical toll has become too much. He was dealing with a calf injury which turned into an ankle injury.

"This is not an easy decision. Honestly, it's the hardest decision of my life. But it is the right decision for me," Luck told reporters after Indianapolis' preseason game Saturday night. "For the last four years or so, I've been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab, and it's been unceasing, unrelenting, both in-season and offseason, and I felt stuck in it. The only way I see out is to no longer play football."

Indy are screwed.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 24th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:30 Aug25 2019 Post ID: 3448501
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Indy is in a whole lot of trouble. Even with their current QB Situation, they will still win enough games that will take them out of the Tua, Fromm and Herbert Sweepstakes (unless they trade up and give away loads of assets). I think they should trade for Manning or Bridgewater, as both have enough in the tank to take that awesome roster to the playoffs. Trading for Beathard or Mullens could also produce the same results, but the 49ers have said they would like to keep both.
Sanzano Posted: 01:47 Aug26 2019 Post ID: 3448503
Sanzano
+
must be stressing big time in Indianapolis, last thing you want to hear a couple of season before the season starts. It will be interesting to see who the Colts go after to replace Luck (unfortunate name). You might as well chuck in Case Keenum into the mixer as he will probably be dropped by Washington just before the season starts. As Indianapolis have a good team in place I wouldn't be surprised if they do what Warrior thinks and aggressively try to pick up Manning and go for it this year and think about rebuilding during the offseason. Tua, Fromm and Herbert will probably be gone when it gets to their turn in next years draft anyway unless they give up assets so they might as well roll the dice and try and win it all this year.

Matt77 Posted: 05:15 Aug26 2019 Post ID: 3448504
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Jacoby Brisset (the Indy backup QB) is no slouch, but it looks like they'll need to bring another QB in. Keenum & Bridgewater are candidates, but don't rule out Sam Bradford to come out of the woodwork and steal some more money sitting on the bench injured.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:44 Aug27 2019 Post ID: 3448505
Sanzano
+
Whoever the Colts put in as their signal caller there is going to be a transition period for the team to get used to the new quarterback which will mean be a few losses along the way. The colts will probaly make a wild card spot and then get eliminated from the competition, with Luck leading the team they had the potential to go further.

Trent Williams saga still continues, Gruden says he will play for the Redskins. I'm not so sure after all that has been said, I think he will get traded which is a major blow as he's Washington's best player regardless of position.

Matt77 Posted: 03:39 Aug27 2019 Post ID: 3448506
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Without Luck, Indy have next to no chance of making the playoffs. Sure, they have some good players, but the downgrade in the passing game will hurt. I can see one of Jacksonville or Houston winning the NFC South now, so Indy would need a wildcard spot (only one would be available since LA Chargers or Kansas City will earn the 5th seed).

Washington can play hardball if they want, but there's no way Williams will put even 90% effort into games he plays at the moment. Either he needs to stop crying, or he will get his wish to be traded.

The Tennessee QB situation gets even more fascinating. Mariota only threw 3 passes (0/3) in the 3rd preseason game, and the head coach said that he was taken out of the game "to protect him". That's not a great vote of confidence from the coach about his most important player. Tannehill posted good numbers again.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 27th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:54 Aug27 2019 Post ID: 3448508
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think the Redskins should trade Williams for Clowney. That, or the Chargers should try to trade Melvin Gordon for Clowney now that Lamar Miller is done for the year. Could you imagine the Chargers or Redskins adding Clowney to what they already have on defense? Insane.
Matt77 Posted: 18:40 Aug27 2019 Post ID: 3448510
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nevermind Warrior. Clowney just held talks with Miami and specifically Flores. Basically if he signs the franchise tag, Miami will probably get him (!!!) and if he doesn't Houston will keep him.

Also surprise surprise, Antonio Brown is still a crying whinger.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 27th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Aug28 2019 Post ID: 3448511
Sanzano
+
Clowney will probably stay with the Texans, I can't see them wanting to loose one of their best players, I see them giving him the money he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if Clowney is just using the Dolphins to get leverage with Houston. Players don't want to play for teams that are referred to as 'graveyard' teams, franchises that have next to no chance of winning the Super Bowl unless they at the end of their career and just want the money.

I can't see Clowney going to the Redskins, that just has to be a rumour. The wage bill on the defensive side of the team would be too much if they added Clowney. If Alex Smith was off the books it may have been a possibility.

Antonio Brown is just an idiot seeking attention.

Matt77 Posted: 04:24 Aug28 2019 Post ID: 3448512
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You mention the term 'graveyard franchise'. Isn't that what Houston are? Their last 2 playoff games were a 0-30 home loss to Kansas City (who hadn't won a playoff game for decades), and a 7-24 home loss to Indy. They also have zero running game thanks to Lamar Miller's ACL injury that will keep him out for the entire season. Warrior has rightly been critical of Houston's recruiting recently and failure to fix the o-line properly as well.

I genuinely think Miami are closer to winning a Superbowl than Houston. Yes Houston were a playoff team last season and are closer currently, but Miami have a rich history and is situated in a more attractive city. There is a strong platform for a rebuild to be successful in Miami.

Off-topic, but I found this article very interesting. Women's soccer champion Carli Lloyd went to visit Philly in a training session and had a few goes at kicking field goals, and she made several from over 50 yards (longest of 55). Apparently an unknown NFL team has offered her a contract and the chance to be the kicker in the final week of preseason. That is bizarre. Surely a women can't play in the NFL where men only play? It would be the same if a man went into a team of women. Surely there would just be a women's NFL competition. In Australia we have AFLW and women's rugby league.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 164 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close