Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 168 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:47 Sep12 2019 Post ID: 3448619
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I did mine first thing Tuesday morning after doing a bit of studying and everything was fresh in my mind.

I've got four games that I don't agree with the vast majority. I think Minnesota will roll into Lambeau and beat the Packers, the Vikings have not yet used Cousins this season for some reason. The 49rs vs Bengals is a tough one to pick as is the Rams vs Saints. I think the Rams are not going to be as good this year where Brees and the Saints will be itching for redemption. Not sure if I'm brave enough to take the Saints though as the Rams play at home.

Washington vs Dallas will be a close game, especially if Peterson plays and Case Keenum has another good game. I don't think Prescott will be as effective against the Redskins as he was against the Giants, he will be faced with more pressure and no Elliot to help him out.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 09:14 Sep12 2019 Post ID: 3448620
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I always force myself to pick at least ten home teams. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen last week, but it's usually around that split week by week.

I'm not really sure which games are upsets or not this year. From Betting Spreads to Power Index to Fan Favorite Picks, I really don't know anymore. XD
Matt77 Posted: 10:18 Sep12 2019 Post ID: 3448621
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
My motto is when in doubt tip the home team. Chances are in close games, the crowd will be a factor. It's the safe way to go.

Darnold is out for their home game against Cleveland. Trevor Seimiem will start for at least one game, possibly 2 (New England). NY Jets could be 0-3 heading into their bye (yes, they have a bye after 3 weeks...).

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 13:56 Sep12 2019 Post ID: 3448622
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Glad I picked the Browns. XD
Matt77 Posted: 23:12 Sep12 2019 Post ID: 3448623
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Tampa Bay doing their best at choking in primetime. Firstly, a missed FG when 17-12 up (would've put them up 20-12). Then conceding a safety. Then when 20-14 up and defending, they concede a delay of game penalty on 4th and 2 deep in their own territory.

And bizarrely, the penalty was only 1 yard, when it is usually 5 yards. Tampa Bay hold on. They should just run, run, run, and then concede a safety.

And they kneel and take enough time off the clock. What a win for Tampa Bay away from home! Carolina are in big trouble. That's a 0-2 record, and they've played both games at home. They scored no TDs tonight.

EDIT - Miami are allowing Minkah Fitzpatrick to seek a trade. They want a 1st round pick, to replace a 1st round pick player... That's now 2 critical players gone.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 13th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:43 Sep13 2019 Post ID: 3448624
Sanzano
+
Miami won't want to see Minkah Fitzpatrick go, he's one of their best players. I doubt the Dolphins will get a first round pick for him though. I hear the Redskins are interested in him, possibly offer the Dolphins their second round pick for 2020. He's Washington's type of player, Fitzpatrick went to Alabama.

Matt77 Posted: 04:13 Sep13 2019 Post ID: 3448625
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
From what I can tell it wasn't Fitzpatrick that made a trade request, it was Miami actively shopping him. Therefore if Miami don't get that 1st round pick, they hopefully won't trade him. Still, it means that at some point he will ask for a trade. It doesn't inspire confidence to have your own team want you to leave.

If Washington get him for a 2nd round pick, it would be a steal.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 06:01 Sep13 2019 Post ID: 3448626
Sanzano
+
It will probably have to be a second and fifth round pick thinking about it as he's a decent player. It could happen as Washington need help in the secondary.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:07 Sep13 2019 Post ID: 3448627
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
What alternate universe are we living in where the Panthers don't win on a short week at home over the Bucs? XD XD XD

Now, Matt, why in the world did you copy my spread? lol
Matt77 Posted: 22:14 Sep13 2019 Post ID: 3448630
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - If I copy you, we'll have the same number of points in week 17, and thus playoffs will count. Then because of your historically average form at tipping playoffs, I will beat you Cool

Dennis - Now it's been revealed that Fitzpatrick is interested in leaving. And Dallas are the front-runners... Bad news for both of our teams.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:19 Sep15 2019 Post ID: 3448631
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And Matt copied all my morning games. Cheater. jk :P
Warrior13 Posted: 15:28 Sep15 2019 Post ID: 3448640
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
5-6 through the early games. Dang. I'm gonna need some late game magic two weeks in a row.

What the heck is up with the Giants? They can score within two minutes on their first drive two weeks in a row, and then they can't do anything. -_-

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 15th 2019 »
Warrior13 Posted: 15:28 Sep15 2019 Post ID: 3448641
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
You copied all my late games too, Matt? Geez, do your own homework for once. jk XD

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 15th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 19:10 Sep15 2019 Post ID: 3448644
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Unlucky Dennis. You went bold quite a few times. Denver scored a 2-point conversion to go ahead 14-13, only for Chicago to kick a 53-yard winner. Very unlucky.

Washington went ok again, despite losing 21-31. Keenum played well again, but the running game was non-existent.

Miami were slaughtered 0-43. Fitz threw 3INTs, and Rosen threw 1 when he came on for the 2nd week in a row. NE @ Miami curse over. Minkah is surely gone. Rosen is a dud. 0-16 incoming.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 15th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 19:57 Sep15 2019 Post ID: 3448646
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We'll win two... At least one... Maybe... XD
Sanzano Posted: 01:58 Sep16 2019 Post ID: 3448648
Sanzano
+

What a disaster week 2 was for me... Horrified to see I had the Broncos over the Bears, I'm sure I choose Chicago on the strength of their defense as opposed to Denver being at home. After leading by two in week 1 I'm now 2 behind after week 2. Well done you guys for picking up four games from me. Still trying to figure out what went wrong, Brees not playing for the Saints hurt their chances big time, Bridgewater did nothing. Steelers look terrible, I thought they'd at least beat the Seahawks. After being exposed by Washington last week I should have taken the Falcons, just wasn't brave enough I guess as Atlanta didn't look great last week.

I see Cousins is living up to exectations and choking on criticle plays when the pressure is on, the Redskins made the right decision letting him go. Ironic that his replacement is the guy that got to within a game of taking Minnesota to the Super Bowl. Case Keenum has had a decent start at washington. The Redskins though must be the most unlucky team in the league, found this stat about them:

'The Redskins are the first team in the Super Bowl era to score 40+ points, throw for 500+ pass yards, have zero turnovers and start 0-2.'

Washington need to get Trent Williams back as soon as possible, I did't realise how important he ws to the team, the Redskins can't run the ball without him. Peterson didn't do much better than Guice last week. Guice had 1 yard a carry while Peterson 2.5, Elliott for the Cowboys on the other hand had 4.8.

Miami look dreadful... I hope they remember the Patriots running up the score when the tables eventually turn in a few season time.
The Packers and Cowboys look like half decent teams even though I am a fan of neither. Now that the Saints have 0% chance of making the playoffs I'm looking at one of those two to take their place in the NFC Championship game.

Matt77 Posted: 04:57 Sep16 2019 Post ID: 3448650
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Congrats Warrior on winning tipping once again. While down 17-20, with just over 2 minutes remaining, Atlanta faced a 4th and 3 at ATL 46. Luck is on your side.

Dennis, this is why your good week 1 was so important. Despite having a poor week 2, you're still within touching distance.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:08 Sep16 2019 Post ID: 3448652
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The best I can do this week is 10-6. I don't feel like luck is on my side. XD
Warrior13 Posted: 21:34 Sep16 2019 Post ID: 3448654
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
OMG! Steelers giving Miami 2020 1st Rounder for Minkah Fitzpatrick! That pick could be so high with Ben out for the year!
Matt77 Posted: 21:49 Sep16 2019 Post ID: 3448656
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Like you say, that's a great result for Miami, despite Fitzpatrick being a talented player. I was sure it would be a 3rd rounder. And yep, Big Ben is gone. Now will be the moment of truth. Were my praises about Mason Rudolph 18 months ago accurate, or will he be a bust? By the sounds of it, he played well when he came in against Seattle.

Jalen Ramsey wants a trade out of Jacksonville. Despite his talent, this is a huge win for Jacksonville. The guy is a locker room cancer, and the sooner he leaves the better. Even better if they can get a 1st round pick for him (at least a second).

Brees is also out for 6-8 weeks. Having Teddy Bridgewater looks a masterstroke now. You'd think the 1st-week bye is gone now, but they can still at least make playoffs. New Orleans' next 8 weeks are:
@ Seattle
Dallas
Tampa Bay
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Arizona
Bye
Atlanta

I already hate Pittsburgh so I just continue, but we also need Houston to lose. Three 1st-round picks this draft is exactly what we need. We also happen to play Pittsburgh (away), so we need to put in some effort for that game.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 16th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 168 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close