Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 169 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 11:16 Sep17 2019 Post ID: 3448657
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Eli benched for Jones. Seems premature to me.

If this sticks, where do you think Eli will go? I like the Colts, but I think they love Brissett. Jets seems like a good spot as well, but Darnold will be back soon enough. Saints already have Bridgewater. Maybe Panthers if Cam is really as messed up as he seems. Because of all of this, and because Foles could be out for the whole season, Jacksonville has to be the best landing spot if he is traded.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 17:09 Sep17 2019 Post ID: 3448658
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Submitted my picks. For now, at least, I have 12 home and 4 away. That could change though.
Matt77 Posted: 19:08 Sep17 2019 Post ID: 3448660
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I can't see Eli leaving. Plus, there aren't really any starter jobs available. Gardner Minshew had another good game for Jacksonville, and rallied them for a late TD to set up the game-winning 2PT attempt. He'll probably spend his last season mentoring Jones and then will retire.

Oh well, I'll have to ask the Daniel Jones lookalike that's in my class today Rock

Interesting. I see Matt Moore has come out of retirement and is the backup at Kansas City. Why didn't Miami get in touch with him? He's a far better choice than Fitzpatrick...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:41 Sep18 2019 Post ID: 3448661
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I bet you can't wait for the 2020 draft Matt, three first round picks, lets just hope the Dolphins don't squander them as it is a great opportunity to get some quality players to build the team around.

I don't understand why Miami got rid of Minkah Fitzpatrick though, it must of been the player that demanded the trade as I remember when the Dolphins drafted him he was being compared to Ronnie Lott, safeties don't come any better than that Hall of Famer. Strange decision by the Steelers as well to give up their first rounder as they could have used if for a quarterback as I don't see them doing anything this year all the time Rothesburger is out and like Matt says that is starting to look like a top 10 first round pick.

Matt77 Posted: 03:35 Sep18 2019 Post ID: 3448662
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
This is simply going to be a miserable season. I'm ready for it, and know it will happen. I will be stunned if we win more than 3 games. Like I said before, Miami have played 6 of their 24 preseason games for the 2020/21 season.

Minkah didn't like playing as a safety. He prefered playing as a defensive back. Miami had to put him there because it was a big hole, but he (and his mother) wasn't too pleased. It seemed like he was a bit annoyed, so Miami looked at it and thought they should let him seek a trade so they can get a good pick, in case the relationship turned sour. He was pick 11 in the draft, so if we get a top-10 pick from Pittsburgh, the trade will be worth it.

What's happening right now is exactly what happened for Oakland last season. They were tanking, and had three 1st round picks. But Dallas and Chicago ended up making the playoffs, and Oakland won some games to slip down the order. Miami need to keep tanking (but play hard against Pittsburgh when they meet), and hope that Houston & Pittsburgh have miserable seasons.

My guess is that we will end up having picks 1, 13, and 22. At least something like that. And, imagine if Rosen (once Flores pulls his finger out) finds form and we don't have to draft Tua.

Miami's possible draft picks:
2020:
1st round pick
1st round pick
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
3rd round compensatory pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
5th round compensatory pick
6th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick
7th round pick

2021:
1st round pick
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 18th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 04:21 Sep18 2019 Post ID: 3448663
Sanzano
+
If Miami don't suddenly become a mediocre team in a couple of years time with those nine first and second round picks they are getting in the next two years it will be a travesty. Cleveland have managed to do it and it looks like Oakland are heading in the right direction so there is no reason to think the Dolphins can't follow suit.

Matt77 Posted: 05:02 Sep18 2019 Post ID: 3448664
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
This is essentially Miami's last shot at being relevant. Like you say, if they screw it up it would be a travesty. Our draft capital is far better than what Cleveland and Oakland had to work with.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:38 Sep18 2019 Post ID: 3448665
Sanzano
+
Hope it works out for you and Matt, nothing more miserable than supporting a team that has no chance of winning any silver ware. I'm still waiting for the Redskins to reach the pinacle again, it seems like a lifetime ago Joe Gibbs Redskins were the NFL's best team. Thinking about it the wait is even longer for Miami fans, the Dolphins were the kings during the early 70's when the 'Zonk' was running over everybody and Mercury Morris was running around everyone, and the 'no name defense' was stuffing everybody.

Matt77 Posted: 07:50 Sep18 2019 Post ID: 3448666
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Worry not Dennis. One day Miami and Washington will play against each other in another Superbowl (expect we will beat you next time!) Thumbs Up

I'm a bit worried about Washington though. Dwayne Haskins needs to become the franchise QB that Washington have needed for decades, but at the moment he looks like a complete bust. It will be crucial how long Washington keep Haskins on the sidelines for. The longer the better I say. He still needs to get used to NFL life. If he can make it in this league, THEN I can see good signs for the future at Washington. The good thing about Washington's start is that they've scored 27 and 21 points against divisional rivals, and the offense was supposedly their weakness.

It's supporting your team through the hard times that is most important. I say that, because one day Miami will make the playoffs again and finally win one, and when they are good again I'll think back to the dreaded 2019/20 season. In English football I know my club Swansea will never win the Premier League title (and may never make it back to the Premier League full stop), but I'll still support them through thick and thin.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:09 Sep18 2019 Post ID: 3448667
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Keeping my picks. 12 home, 4 away. Here we go.
Sanzano Posted: 01:53 Sep19 2019 Post ID: 3448668
Sanzano
+
Sounds like you got the same selections as me Warrior13. The one I struggled with is Washington at home to Chicago, I've just changed my original selection of Washington to Chicago. It all comes down to how well Keenum plays as there is no way the Redskins will be running against the Bears defense and being ranked 30th in defense tells me Washington can't stop anyone this season, even Mitch Trubisky who only plays bad when he is pressured which is something the Redskins are not doing this season. The game will probably be close, something like 21-17 Bears with Chicago scoring 10 unanswered points in the 4th quarter. For some reason the Redskins go to pieces in the second half of the game after leading. Is Gruden being out-coached or is it a team mental problem?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 19th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:44 Sep19 2019 Post ID: 3448669
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
My tips are in. I went with 13 home teams and 3 road teams, with 1 upset pick according to the website.

I was torn with 4 games. Carolina @ Arizona, Houston & LA Chargers, LA Rams @ Cleveland, and Chicago @ Washington. I'm not saying which, but I tipped an upset in one of these.

Washington have played two Superbowl contenders (don't laugh. With Brees out for 6-8 weeks, the NFC is open), and lost by 5 and 10 points. And this week they play another SB contender. They're playing well, but their opposition are quality teams and managed to wrestle back control of the games. Tippers on the website believe in Washington; 24% have tipped them to pull off the upset.

I read a mock draft today, and I noticed something very important. It seems Tua's favourite college WR will be in the draft coming up, and is projected to be a 1st-rounder. That mock draft had Miami drafting him alongside Tua, in a similar way that McLaurin and Haskins were.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:52 Sep19 2019 Post ID: 3448670
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
13 homes teams, Matt? Dang! Let me guess... Browns?
Warrior13 Posted: 19:56 Sep19 2019 Post ID: 3448671
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Titans down early. I might be in trouble with this one. XD
Matt77 Posted: 22:39 Sep19 2019 Post ID: 3448672
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Damn, I made a post but forgot to post it...

The gist was that I was worried with tipping JAX, that Fournette was horrific before a 69-yard run, and that Gardner Minshew is looking good for a 6th-round pick.

It's all square in the tipping competition again (because remember, margin is irrelevant unless scores are tied at the end of week 17).

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:42 Sep20 2019 Post ID: 3448673
Sanzano
+
I think Matt and me were lucky to get the win in that one. All neck and neck.

I'm going to decide who to go for on the Washington game after I see how I get on with the earlier games. If I haven't fallen behind I may take the Redskins at home, I'll have a look at the injury lists on Tuesday morning before I finally decide. That is the game I'm struggling with.

Matt77 Posted: 02:36 Sep20 2019 Post ID: 3448674
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yeah, that game was tough to pick. My heart said Washington, and my head said Chicago. I don't always tip with my head though...

Josh Rosen has been named Miami's starting QB. Apparently the NFL were about to investigate Miami for tanking, so it looks like this is a move to make the NFL happy. But poor Josh Rosen. He's gone from Arizona (the worst o-line in the NFL) to Miami (a tanking team with now the worst o-line in the NFL). His career has been ruined by 2 inept organisations. I hope Arizona finish 3-12-1 and that Murray is a bust.

There's a hashtag going around, ChosenRosen. Perhaps me being the Chosen One and a supporter of Miami means he will be successful Cool

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 20th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 03:03 Sep20 2019 Post ID: 3448675
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My gut said to go with the Jags, but my head told me the Titans had to win to stay alive in the division (since they still have Houston twice and the Colts in Indy). They?re in trouble now. lol

How the Titans were within the Jags? thirty six different times and only made out with seven points is beyond me. That?s how you lose a game.

It might be time for them to go with Tannehill over Mariota.
Matt77 Posted: 06:09 Sep20 2019 Post ID: 3448676
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Certainly if Tennessee don't have a winning record this season, Mariota is gone. I don't think they'll bring in Tannehill until at least the halfway point of the season.

And your question about not coming away with points, Mariota was sacked 9 times, while Gardner Minshew was sacked 0 times. I mean, at one point Tennessee had 4th and 31.

EDIT - I originally accidently typed Tannessee. That's it. He's the answer. Tannehill / Tennessee = Tannessee.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 20th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:19 Sep20 2019 Post ID: 3448677
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Goes on coaching. If you can't stop the pass rush, then you rush more to open it up. If they had run more when within the Jags' thirty those six different occasions, they easily could've won. At the very least, it would've been far more competitive. They scored a TD on one of those six trips, and if they had made 5/5 FGs on the other five (hypothetically speaking), they would've won 22-20.

Tennessee is in trouble. They have AT Atlanta next week. That will probably be 1-3 for them. Then they have VS Bills. Even if they win that, that's still 2-3 before AT Denver and VS Chargers. They could easily be 2-5 or 3-4, and that's before factoring in that they still have to face Houston twice and the Colts back in Indy. At best, that would make them 4-6 before keeping in mind that they play the Chiefs and the Saints. If they don't get their heads on straight, they will be 8-8 or worse.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 20th 2019 »
Displaying Page 169 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close