Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 172 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 02:19 Sep30 2019 Post ID: 3448727
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Maybe Washington are just tired mentally. They've had countless injury and free agency problems in past years, including losing Cousins for nothing in return, losing Smith to a career-ending injury, losing McCoy to a season-ending injury and again to an injury this season, losing talented players to free agency/about to lose players to free agency, losing Guice for a season, and on and on.

That would be hilarious if they beat New England.

We've all rode out luck at various times this season. Already I feel this tipping season will be more competitive. You are of course the favourite, but Dennis is continuing to lead the way with savvy picks.

Washington 7
Miami 9
FINAL (OT)

Dwayne Haskins throws a pick-6 on the opening drive of the game inside the red-zone, to give Miami a confidence-building 7-0 lead. There are then 11 consecutive punts, until Kenyan Drake concedes a fumble-6 and Washington tie the game. Then in overtime, Dustin Hopkins misses a game-winning FG, only for Miami to have to punt. With under 2 minutes left, Haskins is tackled in the end-zone, and Miami win their second overtime game through a safety, 9-7.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 07:52 Sep30 2019 Post ID: 3448728
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
lol

I'm just glad to only be a game behind at this point. I think I've lost more than 50% of my early games each week thus far. lol

If just one of us can have a breakout week, that might be enough to take the lead and never look back.
Matt77 Posted: 09:04 Sep30 2019 Post ID: 3448729
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
One of us has either got to be very brave, or has got to be very conservative and wait for the others to make mistakes. At this stage Dennis is in with a good shot. If he had a fantastic week and, lets say, gets +4 on us, that would give him a lead of 5/6 games. But if lets say I did that, I would only have a lead of 2/3.

I am amazed at how well Jaguars rookie QB Gardner Minshew is doing. His stats are as:
7 touchdowns
1 interception
69.4% completion rate
106.9 QB Rating
7.5 yards ave. passing distance
1 lost fumble
10 sacks taken
The last three stats aren't the best, but for a 6th round pick, his TD:INT ratio is extremely positive. Let's also consider that he has got Jacksonville to a respectable 2-2 record, and has rallied the team from 6-13 down to 12-13 down @ Houston with a 2PT conversion attempt to come, and from 3-17 down to a 26-24 win @ Denver.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 13:38 Sep30 2019 Post ID: 3448730
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
He has a tough matchup next week. Panthers are going to be the toughest test for him thus far, and in Carolina no less. I'm split on that game.
Matt77 Posted: 23:23 Sep30 2019 Post ID: 3448731
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It will be tough, but those examples in my above post were all when Jacksonville were playing away.

Bradley Chubb is out for the season with an ACL. Cruel for Denver.

Former Washington player DJ Swearinger got cut by Arizona after just 4 games.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:41 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448732
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
DJ Swearinger was the best safety man in the NFL last year statistics wise, how comes he got cut, by Arizona of all clubs.

Matt77 Posted: 04:01 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448733
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I may be wrong, but wasn't he the guy who blindsided Washington by asking for a trade, because apparently they didn't manage his injury properly? Sounds to be that it was his attitude that got him cut.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:12 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448734
Sanzano
+
You're thinking of Trent Williams. DJ Swearinger got cut last year during the season of all times a couple of days after he made critical comments about defensive coordinator Greg Manusky's play-calling. Why didn't they just pull him to one side and tell him to keep his mouth shut. Tom Brady never gets cut when he criticises something he doesn't like at New England. Mind you DJ Swearinger doesn't have any Super Bowl rings. Apparently the Dolphins are favourites to beat the Redskins when they meet, I have to agree. I watched game film of the Giants game yesterday evening and there is something wrong with the whole team, I can't put my finger on it. Individually there are some great players there but as a team they stink.

I didn't think that Haskins played that bad, his stats look terrible but after watching the game lots of those mistakes where not his fault. He could have easily had two touchdowns with only two interceptions if he wasn't let down by his team mates. The Giants Jones looks like a plodder to me, nothing spectacular.

I was impressed with Teddy Bridgewater however, I don't know why the Dolphins didn't enquire about him when he was available. The Saints look just as competant with him as they do with Brees. They beat the Cowboys and the announcer said it was an upset - I never saw it that way. I expected the Saints to win, the Cowboys have beaten nobody of note so far this season.

Matt77 Posted: 08:55 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448736
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis, I know Washington are struggling at the moment, but surely they wont lose to Miami. We are tanking, and everyone knows it. The players want to win and will try, but the coaching and behind the scenes efforts are all toward making sure we get the #1 draft pick.

Keep this in mind Dennis. It is our bye week, so we have no chance to change this stat. After 4 games, in second halves of games, Miami have scored 0 points. Zero. If Washington lead at HT, they have won the game. We can stay competitive to begin games (we should've lead 13-10 at HT @ Dallas, and we lead 7-0 to begin proceedings vs LA Chargers), but as it goes on, we fade.

If I were Washington, I would start Colt McCoy against New England, and play him for the entire game. If he does well, give him the start against Miami. If not, announce immediately that Haskins will start against Miami, so that he has plenty of time to prepare physically and mentally.

The media are in love with Dallas because they are the 'big team' of the NFL. It's the same as in all sports. The big teams get more media coverage, and are quite often overrated by the media. I agree with your view. Dallas are 3-1, but the teams they have beaten were NY Giants (0-2 with Eli playing), Washington (0-4), & Miami (0-4).

Bridgewater is a decent QB, but if Miami picked him up, he would've earned us 3-6 wins, and taken us out of #1 pick calculations. No pun intended, he would be a good bridge QB for a team who wants to wait for the 2021 draft to get Trevor Lawrence. That is, if New Orleans don't plan for him to be their own bridge QB after Brees retires.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:22 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448737
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If we lose to Washington, we're definitely tanking. XD

There are a lot of tough games this week. This is like three weeks in a row were someone could break away if they knock it out of the park. Will one of us finally do it? lol
Warrior13 Posted: 09:50 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448738
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Just submitted my picks. Literally wrestled with five games. However, it said only two weren't fan favorites, which doesn't make much sense to me. This week gonna be crazy.
Matt77 Posted: 10:00 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448739
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Ouch. Ouch, ouch, ouch. You're right Warrior. Tough week. 11 home teams and 4 road teams for me.

According to the percentages (I don't know why they're back. Last week it was betting odds), I picked 2 upsets, and apparently one was a big one, even though it was a 50/50 matchup in my eyes. In reality, I feel that I picked 4 upsets.

This is the week that will make or break me.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:02 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448740
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I went with nine homes teams and six road teams. Out of the seventeen (yes, you heard that right) family members joining in the picks this year, two others have made their Week 5 Picks. Both of them went nine home teams and six road teams as well (but a different mix than mine). Oddly enough, I'm one game back in my family's picks as well. Not because of my bad upset picks, but because I didn't pick the Eagles to be upset by the Lions two weeks ago OR the Browns over the Ravens last week.

Come to think of it, the only thing separating the three of us is Dennis' two Bills Upset Picks over the Jets and Giants to start the year. Outside of that, we are basically all the same this year.

If you're referring to the Browns/49ers Game where Browns are a huge underdog, I get you. That's a toss up for me as well. Rams/Seahawks was difficult. Vikings/Giants to a lesser extent. Ravens/Steelers too. Cardinals/Bengals as well. Jaguars/Panthers included. Falcons/Texans on top of that. Basically half of the entire games. XD

Can't we get an easy week already where everyone that's suppose to wins do so? lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 1st 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 12:15 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448741
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol, you mentioned 7 games, but not the matchup I was talking about ;)

The website said Tennessee (at home) 28% and Buffalo 72%. And that's with Matt Barkley starting.

My second 'official' upset was one of the 7 you listed. Can you guess which? A clue: if you go by past history with me and tipping this team, you may be able to work it out.

Sounds like your family tipping is pretty competitive. I find it hard enough competing against one hardcore NFL follower, let alone 17!

But be warned Lonely God. I thrashed my opponents this year in my AFL tipping to eventually win by a 6-game margin. I'm in good tipping form this year Cool

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 1st 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:40 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448742
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Tennessee should win. Will they? I just don't know.

Jacksonville? You seem to like them. lol

I'm the best in my family. I won for roughly ten straight years when I was younger. My brother defeated me four years ago, then I won the following year, then he again, then I again last year. He was my Brock Lesnar and then my Roman Reigns (if you're up to date on the wrestler known as the Undertaker). lol

I would welcome being defeated, in both our circle and my family's picks. Keeps it fun and makes it seem not like a duty to always need to win. ;)

So you or Dennis please win. XD

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 1st 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:55 Oct01 2019 Post ID: 3448743
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nah. Jacksonville are alright, but Carolina's defense has been playing well recently, along with Kyle Allen looking competent.

Sounds like your form in NFL tipping is similar to mine in AFL tipping. With a group of people who I went to school with, I've done tipping for 4 years now. The first year I won fairly comfortably. The second year I was winning up until the finals (playoffs), and came 2nd. The third year I was either 1st or 2nd throughout the year and got into 1st near the end, but we agreed to tip differently for the grand final (superbowl) and he ended up winning. This year I lead from about week 5, and never surrendered it.

I don't mind losing to you, as long as it stays competitive. That way we all realistically have a chance of winning, but it just turns out that you do better in a particular season. This season looks like it will be a competitive one, tipping-wise

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Oct02 2019 Post ID: 3448744
Sanzano
+
A couple of tricky games that are making me think. Green Bay at Dallas is one of them, both teams have identicle records and both need to win this week otherwise they lose two straight which niether team will want. The other strangely enough is Minnesota at the Giants, I immediately said the Vikings but looking at it more closely I'm not so sure that is the formality it looks.

Washington are going to get battered badly by New England who have one of the best defenses in the league, I can't see the Redskins scoring more than 6 points in that one and giving away over 40.

Matt77 Posted: 05:31 Oct02 2019 Post ID: 3448745
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I was torn with those 2 games. I picked 1 home team and 1 road team.

If Washington beat New England, you should promote me & Warrior to Admin ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:58 Oct02 2019 Post ID: 3448746
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I changed one of my picks this morning due to an injury report I saw. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

I'm now at 8-6-1 picking home teams to road teams this week (the final is the neutral site game in London, which doesn't really count as either a home or away).

I really don't like that spread. XD
Warrior13 Posted: 08:57 Oct02 2019 Post ID: 3448747
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Know Matt, I'm guessing these are his four road picks: Vikings, Bears (though on neutral site), Pats, and Ravens.
Displaying Page 172 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close