Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 181 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 20:17 Nov08 2019 Post ID: 3449015
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Warrior, ignore my gibberish post in the other thread that says you know what the issue was.

It was bad timing lol. We just assumed you got frustrated, since it was just after the NE @ BAL game, and both me & Dennis disagreed with certain points in your recent posts. Add in the fact you were posting, but not in the NFL thread (now we know it was because you were busy), and there were only 2 possibilities left. Thankfully it was the latter.

You're right about LA Chargers. I actually thought they would win the AFC West remember, but pretty quickly I figured out that they were back to pre-2018 form. That's also why I tipped Tennessee to beat them a few weeks ago. And vola, they choke at minimum a game-tying FG. There's no team like them.

Bad news for Miami. It will help the tank, but next season we're screwed. WR Preston Williams is out for 12 months with a torn ACL.

Also Warrior, can you remember what the password was? I'm sure I could manually find it like you did, but for future reference I may post it in the thread's beginning post in case anyone has the same issue as you did.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 9th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 20:44 Nov08 2019 Post ID: 3449016
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Password: kevin

The Jets & Giants play in the same stadium, so Dennis was technically right. lol
Matt77 Posted: 01:04 Nov09 2019 Post ID: 3449017
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Ah, that's right. Remember sir_Kevin? The guy who trolled himself with his own fake accounts?

Oh shoot. That makes it a harder tip. I'll probably just stick with NY Jets based on the logic that they can't play any worse than they did last week. As much as Barkley is a beast, I still don't trust NY Giants.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:14 Nov09 2019 Post ID: 3449018
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I wish I could remember that. lol
Warrior13 Posted: 11:31 Nov09 2019 Post ID: 3449022
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Hoyer to start at QB for the Colts against Miami. Could the Phins have another upset in them? Think
Matt77 Posted: 20:41 Nov09 2019 Post ID: 3449033
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
With Preston Williams out for a year, and Mark Walton suspended for 4 games, I doubt it very much.

Plus, Hoyer should have won Indy the game last week, if not for a missed kick.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:01 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449035
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Hoyer looked quite good last week, he was a backup quarterback for Washington last year. He was actually a good top quarterback in college, if I remember correctly he played for Stanford.

I think the Giants vs. Jets game will come down who can take advantage of the other teams weakness. If Darnold gets off to a quick start and the Giants have to play catchup because they are running out of time then Barkley becomes less of a factor as it will force the Giants to go to the air and the Jets secondary is decent and will give Jones problems. I'm sticking with the Giants but am not overly confident about the pick. Like I said before it's basically on the strength of Barkley that I'm picking them. I think he can run through that Jet's defense without too many problems. This is a big game for the New York teams as both will not want to lose this one.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:53 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449037
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have a feeling the Giants/Jets Game will be a blowout one way or another. Not sure why, but I just have the feeling. Hopefully I picked the right choice.

Too many 50/50 Games this year, but ones that aren't equally matched. Like Chargers/Raiders, for example. Chargers better team, but because they're up and down week to week, it made that game a toss up.

I have a few upsets this week, but I get the feeling Matt picked the same. I taught him too much. XD XD XD
Matt77 Posted: 10:39 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449038
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've read a lot of similar comments about the NY game. Two rivals playing for the first time in 4 years, with a combined 3-14 record. Like Dennis says, if one team falls behind, they may be forced to abandon the rushing game, leading to their offensive limitations being exposed.

Matt Stafford is OUT vs Chicago. That makes my Chicago 'upset' pick the logical choice now, with Jeff Driskel starting. Looking back at my tips, Chicago must've started as an upset in the betting odds, because I have tipped only one more upset (and you all know which that is).

Lonely God, it's the classic master vs apprentice situation. It's time to relinquish your throne ViolinViolinViolin (I'll be sure to look back at this post after you overtake me within 3 weeks lol)

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:17 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449039
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bears were an underdog? Sorry, but I go by the Las Vegas Betting Spread when I consider which team is the Favorite/Underdog. The site we use just shows the picks of other users as the percents, right?

I also don't consider the Jets an upset. As you just said, Matt, the two are 3-14 combined, with the Giants a half game ahead of the Jets. They're both horrible, but I personally feel the Jets have the better roster at this given point in time. That said, the Giants will probably win now that I've pointed that out. XD

Take my throne, please. Ever since my brother did a few years back, I've won ever other year. I won last year, so we all know what that means. And the world isn't proving otherwise. XD
Matt77 Posted: 12:35 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449040
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The website uses Australian betting companies' odds. So they are fairly accurate. The lower the price, the more likely that team is to win. The website only did the percentages thing in the first few weeks for some reason.

NY Jets up 14-0. It had gone Jets TD, Giants punt, Jets TD. Dennis tipped NY Giants.

Cleveland also up 6-0, but they missed the XP and just got stopped 1 yard away from the end zone. Dennis tipped Buffalo, as expected.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:42 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449041
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Ugly week. But I ain't complaining.

As expected, Matt and I picked all the same games today. Looks like I'll be four back (probably Dennis too) going into Week 11.

Of course, Hoyer throws a pick on Indy's first drive. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 10th 2019 »
Warrior13 Posted: 19:14 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449042
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And Miami wins... Great job, Brian Hoyer...

Does anyone else think if Miami wins four games this year, considering how horrible the roster is and how they traded away their best players and how the rest of their good players have gone down with injuries, that Brian Flores should win coach of the year? lol

Jeez... Kansas City went down. They're my dad's team, and I was telling him all week they better beat the Titans. Or should I say Tannessee? lol

Horrible week. Horrible week. And next week is another tough one. Starts with the rolling Steelers against the desperate Browns. My oh my.
Matt77 Posted: 22:36 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449045
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Poor Dennis. NY Giants and Buffalo lead late on. Also Buffalo lost by 3, after missing all 2 FGs. And he may've not realised Detroit were starting the backup QB, since the news came out only a few hours before kickoff.

Baltimore scored 7 touchdowns from 7 drives when Lamar Jackson was on the field. This MVP talk isn't warranted imo, but still, I'm amazed at how well he's doing.

Yes Warrior, Tannessee continues. I'm glad you picked up on the nickname too ;)

New Orleans are a disgrace. How can they lose, at home, to the 1-7 Falcons, by a scoreline of 9-26?!?!?! They may've just blown a 1st-week bye for the playoffs.

Speaking of disgraces, LA Rams lost 12-17 to Pittsburgh after leading 7-0. I predicted a slight slump for LA Rams, but not a full-on collapse. They're looking like going down the path of Jacksonville.

Minnesota just survived a huge scare, for a very impressive 28-24 win @ Dallas, in primetime. Dennis, Kirk Cousins went 23/32 (72%) for 220 yards, 2TDs & 0INTs.

Very ugly, but brilliant win for Miami. Indy should've won it. They scored a TD on the opening drive, only for it to be ruled an INT, despite the Indy WR catching the ball and landing on the ground. Nevertheless, Indy lead 12-10 in the last quarter, before Miami lifted and scored 2FGs. It hurts the tank, but NY Jets and Atlanta also won today. All this means is that Tua will be a Bengal next year. Flores has got an awful roster that's supposed to be tanking, to be playing for each other and for the coach himself. One win this season was going to be impressive. But two wins, consecutive, including an away win to a playoff team, is outstanding.

Matt - 95
Dennis, & Warrior - 91

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:43 Nov10 2019 Post ID: 3449046
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dallas is pathetic. They were shredding the Vikings through the air on that final drive, and yet, they run it win Zeke on 2nd & 3rd down when in the Red Zone. The first run got nothing, so why try it again and end up getting nothing twice? Then on 4th you throw it to Zeke when Cooper had been catching basically everything thrown his way. Those decisions will come back to haunt them since their remaining schedule is far more difficult than the Eagles.
Matt77 Posted: 01:34 Nov11 2019 Post ID: 3449050
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I couldn't watch the game obviously, but I followed the last few drives on the NFL.com match centre. You're right, they were waltzing down the field, and were sure to score the winning TD. I was so relieved that they started running the ball for little gain.

On the other hand, Minnesota got out of jail despite playing well for the majority of the game. That's a 7-3 record now, which is crucial given the wildcard battle in the NFC (Seattle, Minnesota, Carolina, Philly, LA Rams).

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:05 Nov11 2019 Post ID: 3449051
Sanzano
+
Oh dear, what the hell happened this week? I didn't know about Stafford not playing otherwise I would have taken the Bears at home.

I actually listened to the Jets and Giants game and it was a painful experience as the lead changed numerous times before the Jets pulled out in front in the fourth quarter. What is up with Barkley? 13 attempts for 1 yard!! The Jets defense against the run is one of the worst in the NFL this year, he should have had over 100 yards easily. I'm actually quite pleased the Jets won though to be honest as I'm hoping Washington select Chase Young with the number two pick of the draft. Cincinnati will pick Joe Burrow with the first pick and the Dolphins will get Tua with pick five or six which is probably why they are now starting to play knwoing he will still be around then.

Atlanta beating New Orleans, really, what happened there. Kansas lost it in the last few minutes against the Titans and Buffalo got beat by the Dolphins who all of a sudden are putting wins together, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Buffalo next week as well. I'm surprised Cleveland beat Buffalo this week to be honest, the Browns have done nothing this season and the Bills have a decent defense. Looks like I have gone from first and gour games ahead to last. A dreadful two week run... The strange thing is though if you presented me those games again I'd probably stil pick 80% of the same again.

Matt77 Posted: 02:33 Nov11 2019 Post ID: 3449052
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The combined W-L record of Buffalo's opponents is 28-55. And they play the 2-7 Dolphins next week...

They are horribly overrated:

- Week 1 @ NY Jets (2-7), they were trailing 0-16 in the 4th quarter before they pulled a rabbit out of the hat and won 17-16.
- Week 2, @ NY Giants (2-8), they won 28-14
- Week 3 vs Cincy (0-9), they were TRAILING 14-17 against the winless Bungles, AT HOME, in the last quarter before pulling out the 21-17 win
- Week 4 vs New England (8-1), they competed well even with Josh Allen injured, in a 10-16 loss
- Week 5 @ Tennessee (5-5), Tennessee missed all 3 FG attempts, as Buffalo won 14-7. Had those kicks been made, it would have been a 14-16 loss
- Week 7 vs Miami (2-7), were trailing the tanking, and at the time winless Dolphins, at home, 9-14 with Miami ready to score again. They got lucky once again in the 4th quarter, scoring 22 points for a 31-21 win
- Week 8 vs Philly (5-4), got thrashed at home by the mediocre Eagles (lost 10-37 the previous week) by a score of 13-31.
- Week 9 vs Washington (1-8), a 24-9 home win against an awful team
- Week 10 @ Cleveland (3-6), let a 16-12 lead slip to lose to the woeful Browns 16-19.

If they had failed to get out of trouble in all games they faced pressure in, they could've been 2-7 right now, including a loss to Cincinnati. They have been extremely lucky, and 6-3 flatters them.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 11th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:46 Nov11 2019 Post ID: 3449053
Sanzano
+
Things are going from bad to worse, I now hear the Washington Redskins are interested in Cam Newton. Sounds like they have already given up on Haskins. Cam Newton I don't think is the way forward, it's another Alex Smith disaster. Haskins obviously has talent, at least give the kid a decent chance by nurturing it and giving him the support a young quarterback needs.

Miami will beat the Bills next week through the air, the way this season is going I wouldn't be surprised if they win their next six and reach the playoffs. Warrior13 is right, this year is an ugly season filled with mediocrity and teams not playing to their full potential while others blow hot and cold from week to week.

I have to laugh at the Cowboys, they are stalling with the Dak Prescott contract, there is talk that they will franchise tag him at the end of the season. Sounds familiar, it's the Kirk Cousins scenario all over again. A quarterback who the club are not totally convinced is the guy who is going to win a Super Bowl for them and so are reluctant to splash the cash. Amari Cooper says he is will wait until the end of the season before he negotiates. He means he'll first see how Prescott is handled by the Cowboy's front office. I wouldn't be surprised if Elliott is shown the door, he hasn't done much this sesaon and is always after more money, he'll be another Levaron Bell who'll end up and on a rubbish team and not be heard of again.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 11th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 05:31 Nov11 2019 Post ID: 3449054
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Cam Newton's career may be over. If Washington trade for him, they deserve to go 0-16 for the next 5 years. It would be a horrific decision. And even if he gets fit again, he's very inconsistent.

I think Dallas are also stalling, because they have no room in the salary cap and need to figure out a plan. On paper they have a good team who should be making playoffs every season. But something isn't right. They're not playing to their potential. And oddly, Dak isn't the problem. He passed for 397 yards and 3TDs last night.

I wasn't convinced with Dak, but this season he has shown that he is Dallas's franchise QB. He's not going to be a top 5 QB, or possibly even top 10, but he will provide Dallas with enough of a attacking threat.

I'm tempted to tip Miami like you are. In divisional games, W-L records mean very little. I mean, Atlanta (1-7 before the game) just traveled on the road to face the 7-1 Saints, and crushed them 26-9. Even though Buffalo have won 4 more games, Miami easily could've had a 5-4 record, no joke, which would've also brought Buffalo down to 5-4. There was the Washington game where they tanked the 2XP, then the Pittsburgh game where they had a 14-0 lead and had Pittsburgh throwing on 3rd down, and then Buffalo when they lead 14-9 and were in the red zone. The big factor in this game will be whether Miami can pick off the overrated Josh Allen. They've done well against him in the past, and are coming off a game where they picked off Hoyer 3 times.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 181 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close