Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 183 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 19:50 Nov14 2019 Post ID: 3449086
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Interesting. 11 teams have said they will go to Kaepernick's private workout that the NFL have organised. Included is Miami and Washington.

Also interesting. You have both tipped Pittsburgh in a slight upset, while I went with Cleveland. Pittsburgh just missed a 44-yard FG, so it remains 7-0 Cleveland.

And finally, it's been a tough season to tip in, but we are all doing very well. The so called 'expert' on the NFL website is on a score of 90 when counting ties as correct tips, and we are all on 95, 91, and 91.

Wow. NFL punters are a disgrace. In opposition territory at PIT 43, the punter punts into the end zone. Disgraceful. At this level, that should be inside the 10.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 14th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 20:00 Nov14 2019 Post ID: 3449087
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Steelers playing sloppy. Missed Field Goal. And now can't convert on 3rd & 1.

They need this just as bad as the Browns in terms of making the playoffs. But they aren't playing like it.
Matt77 Posted: 20:14 Nov14 2019 Post ID: 3449088
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The Steelers offense has been nothing special this season. It's the defense that needs to lift. And conceding a 59-yard pass will not cut it...lol.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 20:20 Nov14 2019 Post ID: 3449089
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And now a Pass Interference in the Endzone. Congrats on gaining another game, Matt.
Matt77 Posted: 21:05 Nov14 2019 Post ID: 3449090
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol. Then it was Cleveland's turn to screw up a 45-yard FG that would've given them a 17-0 lead. AND THEN with Pittsburgh at CLE 28, they move back so much that it becomes a 3rd and 34 back in their own half.

Pittsburgh can still come back if they clean it up. Looks like no team is playing well. On the other hand, if Cleveland play to their true level, they could win 42-0.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:40 Nov14 2019 Post ID: 3449091
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Won't say it was slop, but it was definitely an ugly game. Surprised the Browns didn't win by more to be honest, especially with everything that went in their favor. Connor returns from the injury report only to injured his shoulder once again. Juju then goes down with a concussion on a late hit. Then the Steelers lose another WR to a concussion on yet another late hit. And, of course, Rudolph throws four interceptions, all of which were on him due to poor placement and not spectacular plays by the defenders.

That said, I still have a feeling the Steelers will win their next five games. Can't see the Browns beating the Steelers in two weeks in Pittsburgh, not after tonight. I can't see either of them defeating the Ravens. Maybe the Steelers, but the Ravens would already have to have a good playoffs spot.

OMG... A fight just broke out with eight seconds left... Suspensions are coming... Things might change now for these two teams...

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 14th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:55 Nov14 2019 Post ID: 3449095
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
What the hell was Garrett thinking??? Unless Rudolph said something, that's uncalled for. Taking Rudolph's helmet off and hitting him on the head with it? That's his season done, at a minimum, and any chance Cleveland had of making a miracle run to the playoffs have been crushed significantly.

I will not praise Mason Rudolph ever again, ffs. After I posted his stats and they pointed to him having a solid season (11TDs, 4INTs), that's now changed to a not so solid 12TDs and 8INTs. I saw them all too, and most if not all were horrible errors.

Geez. All of a sudden I have a 5-game lead??? I don't even know how it's happened. After 4 weeks, I was trailing by a score of 39-40-40. Now I'm leading 96-91-91, in a 6-game turnaround? Bizarre. I'm not trying to brag at all; I'm confused as to how I've turned it around (I've had some luck, but not 6 games-worth).

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 14th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 01:09 Nov15 2019 Post ID: 3449096
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I was going back through past pages here looking for something, but instead I found our predictions of who would finish 1st and 2nd in each division (this was before Luck retired).

Warrior, you went with the winners being:
New England, Pittsburgh, Indy, Kansas City, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, and LA Rams, for 3/8 correct predictions
And the runners-up being:
NY Jets, Cleveland, Jacksonville, LA Chargers, Philly, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Seattle, for 2/8 correct predictions

I went with the following winners being:
New England, Cleveland, Indy, LA Chargers, Philly, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Seattle, for 3/8 correct
And the runners-up being:
NY Jets, Pittsburgh, Houston, Kansas City, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, and LA Rams, for 1/8 correct

Dennis, I couldn't see any predictions from you, so apologies if you did make predictions somewhere.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Nov15 2019 Post ID: 3449097
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Another good call Matt, you've now forced me into picking upsets in the final weeks of the season to have any chance of catching you. Warrior13 and myself literally need to get at least one game on you for the rest of the season which is not going to be easy as most games are turning into a crap shoot.

This season is doing my head in, I had the Browns winning Monday morning when I did my selections then watched a pod cast by some chap named Colin Herd and he convinced me Pittsburgh were going to win. His reasoning seemed sound. Mayfield playing bad, too many big name characters on the squad not producing and the addition of Beckham and Hunt not helping matters. Then Matt mentions how well Rudolph is playing for the Steelers and I'm thinking them playing at home with the playoffs around the corner they should pull it off. Wake up this morning and see Rudolph has been intercepted 4 times in a sloppy game, mind you Mayfield didn't play particularly well either although he got two touchdowns.

I have a couple of big upsets this week... I'll probably be further behind on Monday morning.

Matt77 Posted: 02:13 Nov15 2019 Post ID: 3449098
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh no... Dennis, you need to take more care with which teams are home and away. Last night was a Cleveland home game.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:19 Nov15 2019 Post ID: 3449099
Sanzano
+
Ugh... That was probably what influenced me Monday morning to pick Cleveland when I initially did my tips. I don't think Cleveland would have won last night if the game was played at Pittsburgh. I'm taking Philadelphia to beat New England this weekend, if the Ravens can do it I think the Eagles at home have a good shot at it as well. Philadelphia is not the easiest place for away teams to play and I think the Patriots offense is overated.

Matt77 Posted: 06:24 Nov15 2019 Post ID: 3449102
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Good on you for being brave with that tip. It worked for me with Baltimore, so you never know. Besides, the last 2 matches between these two have finished:
New England 33 . Philly 41
New England 28 @ Philly 35

You say you think Cleveland would've lost if they were playing away. I agree, and we will find out in 17 days time when these two play each other in a grudge match. Did you see/hear about the fight with 8 seconds to go? There is going to be some feeling between these 2.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:49 Nov15 2019 Post ID: 3449105
Sanzano
+
No Matt, I haven't had a chance to see it yet because of the time difference. Later on this evening I'll sit down and watch the highlights of the game and see what the different pundits have to say about it. The ones I like listening to are Shannon Sharpe, Skip Bayless, Colin Herd, Cris Carter and Dion Sanders. I watch them on YouTube via the PS4.

That Myles Garret sounds like a moron who has done nothing but hurt his team with his actions. What was he thinking? The Cleveland Browns is starting to resemble the Oakland Raiders of the 70's with all those misfits, prima donna's and nutcases in one team. Unlike the Raiders who won three Super Bowls I doubt if the the Browns will win one with the current team. Mayfield is more concerned about his facial hair and the noise the fans made the week before than focussing on the upcoming game.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 15th 2019 »

Warrior13 Posted: 18:10 Nov16 2019 Post ID: 3449109
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I also picked the Browns initially. However, as the game got closer and closer, that win against the Rams looked better and better for the Steelers.

Miles Garrett suspended for the remainder of the year, including the playoffs. Browns are done now.
Matt77 Posted: 21:31 Nov16 2019 Post ID: 3449110
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol, I actually forgot to consider the LAR @ PIT score. I guess that was just me subconsciously not being surprised by LA Rams' awful performance.

Tua is out for the season with a dislocated hip. That's very big now. Burrow is now the undisputed #1 pick for Cincy. Will Miami draft Justin Herbert now, or stick with Tua? Or, will we draft o-line and d-line and either A) Give Rosen a chance in a good team, B) Keep FitzMagic for another season (we're known for playing veterans who will only stall team development), C) Pick up Kaepernick (would be a bad idea), or D) Something else?

Dennis, if Washington are in fact interested in Tua, this is great news for you. Washington won't have to use their pick #2 on him. And if Miami decide to go with Herbert, all Washington would need to worry about is a team like Tampa Bay, Carolina, Chicago or Tennessee moving up in the draft.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:26 Nov16 2019 Post ID: 3449111
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If I was picking a QB, it would be Herbert. Much more upside. I would never draft Tua now. Honestly, I like Chase Young and AJ Epenza more than any of the QBs. 49ers showing a great D Line can make you almost unbeatable.
Matt77 Posted: 00:49 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449115
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Matt - 107
Warrior - 102
Dennis - 100

Tough luck again Dennis. The Miami pick never took off, but Philly lost 10-17 after leading 10-0 at home.

Baltimore are scary. 41-7 against one of the better AFC Teams (was 34-0 before Houston scored).

Atlanta have revived their season at a time when they shouldn't have, in a 29-3 win away from home to Carolina. Now they'll miss out on a top 5 pick, and possibly even top 10 the way they're playing.

Dallas got lucky against the Stafford-less Lions.

Foles was mediocre on his Jacksonville debut. I always felt his Jacksonville career would be similar to Keenum's Denver one.

Winston continues to be a turnover machine, with 4 more INTs.

NY Jets improved to 3-1 against NFC East opponents, while Dwayne Haskins threw his first two career touchdowns in garbage time. Guice also scored his first.

San Fransisco overcame deficits of 0-16 and 23-26 to eventually beat Arizona, at home.

Oakland scraped past the winless Bengals.

New England overcame a deficit of 0-10 to beat Philly 17-10.

LA Rams beat Chicago 17-7 in a snooze on Sunday Night Football. Chicago missed 2FGs to start the game, and Trubisky got benched in the 4th quarter.

Buffalo comprehensively beat Miami 37-20, but it was a bright day for Miami. They made a very surprising onside kickoff in the 2nd quarter while down 7-16 (despite fumbling on the next play), and later while down 7-23, Miami scored a 101-yard TD from the kickoff.

The score was 0-20 @ Minnesota, with Denver leading. Minnesota fumbled from the kickoff return to give Denver the ball at MIN 17. They were poised to score and go up either 23-0 or 27-0. Instead, Denver throw an interception, and Minnesota come back and win 27-23! I remember critising Cousins for his lack of comeback wins. What a performance!

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 18th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:51 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449116
Sanzano
+
I hate those Patriots with a passion, them and the Cowboys are without doubt the two most annoying team in the NFL. They play each other next week. I find myself plugging for Dallas which is unheard of.

I saw the Miles Garrett incident and to be honest he was provoked by Mason Rudolph. Garrett was wrong to swing his helmet at him but he was right to show the little twerp who was boss after he tried to rip his helmet off. Not right the Rudolph got away unpunished, he should miss a game for trying to take Garrets helmet off if other players are missing games for leaving the bench. The problem with Cleveland is that the team is full of star names but it doesn't have any chemistry, I realised that the other day when I watched a rerun of othe game.

I saw Haskins in the game against the Jets, that boy has no chance, no wonder he has bad stats. Literally from the snap of the ball he had about two seconds to get the ball away before the defense was on top of him, literally. The offensive line of Washington is awful. It doesn't help Peterson or Guice either, the yardage they got was hard yardage. Guice looks like an animal when he has the ball, what I call a violent runner. Tackle him you get punished, if he has some decent blockers in front there's not many secondary defenders that will be able to take him down one on one, his stiff arm is scary.

As for the competition, both my upset picks fell through, I should have played it safe like Warrior13.

Matt77 Posted: 02:45 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449117
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Rudolph didn't just try and take the helmet off. Garrett wouldn't get off him after he tackled him, so Rudolph was kicking Garrett in a very sensitive and painful area afterwards. Then in his post-match press conference, he called Garrett a bully. I don't care what someone's done; using the word 'bully' is for high schoolers. It may sound bad, but his facial expressions also looked very, stereotypical. I'll end it there.

Washington were so stupid when they declined the offer of a 1st round pick that they received for Trent Williams. He was never going to play again, and everyone knew it. Now they will simply lose him for nothing, and have to rebuild at QB (the franchise has doomed Haskins to fail), o-line, d-line & CB, with only one 1st round pick. I'm sorry to say Dennis, but Washington are in big trouble.

I'm with you. NE and Dallas are some of my most hated teams. In order of hatred/dislike, this would be my list:

New England (constant winning)
Green Bay (Rodgers)
Dallas (Jerry Jones)
Pittsburgh (Dogs)

Oakland (decision to hire Gruden to a $100M contract)
Arizona (decision to throw Rosen to the curb after 13 games in a woeful team)
NY Jets (arrogant, delusional fans)
Buffalo (overrated divisional rival)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 18th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:32 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449118
Sanzano
+
I'm wondering if Trent Williams will actually play again. He needs to pass another team's physical which will not be easy now as he has just had a tumor removed from his head. Apparently it needed 350 stitches and 75 staples and that the incision was about the size of a softball. I knew there must have been a reason why the Redskins didn't accept the Patriots offer of a 1st round pick.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 18th 2019 »

Displaying Page 183 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close