Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 206 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 18:29 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450236
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Miami's head coach is the ex Patriots Defensive Coordinator. The Phins and the Lions (whose Head Coach is also a past Patriots Coach) have been stocking up on Patriots players in Free Agency. lol
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 03:47 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450250
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I guess they want players that know the system they are going to run and have NFL experience with it. Makes sense I suppose as long as they are not too old which brings me onto Thomas Davis. The Redskins have just signed him from the Panthers. Like Miami it looks like Washington are picking up Carolina players who played under Rivera when he coached there. There's no disputing how good Thomas Davis was a few years back but he is now 37.

No need to postpone the draft, there's enough game film out there of the players to study. Sounds to me like the owners of the teams want the extra revenue generated from the live event that is broadcast.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450256
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
You can't argue with the idea, especially since Vrabel (a past Pats Player) has done wonders for the Titans (even defeating the Pats both times they've played them, once even in the Playoffs).
Matt77 Posted: 10:58 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450258
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Vrabel 2-0 vs Belichick
Patricia 1-0 vs Belichick (LOL)
Flores 1-1 vs Belichick

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 12:48 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450261
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Looks like the plan to steal Pats players is working in recent years. XD
Sanzano Posted: 01:24 Mar31 2020 Post ID: 3450272
Sanzano
+
It's going to be strange seeing Brady in a Buccaneer uniform and the Patriots struggling in the AFC East. Looks like Buffalo will be the new division champions.

Matt77 Posted: 02:04 Mar31 2020 Post ID: 3450277
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I can't see any team other than New England as the AFC East winners. Buffalo always choke when they have a chance to either make playoffs or win a playoff game. The prime example was them choking a 16-0 lead over Houston late in their playoff game. NY Jets are just a joke of a franchise, and they have Adam Gase as head coach. Miami may get close, but I think we'll be too inexperienced. New England still have Belichick and an elite defense, and sadly I think Stidham will do well for NE.

New England
Bufalo
Miami
NY Jets

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 31st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 09:08 Apr01 2020 Post ID: 3450282
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami is a dark horse. Jets are too inconsistent. Really down to the Bills & Pats at this point.
Matt77 Posted: 10:16 Apr01 2020 Post ID: 3450284
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It doesn't feel right looking ahead to next season and considering the division title. In my time following the NFL, winning the division to make playoffs has never been an option. Who knows how you've made it through 10+ years of this.

If the NFL season gets postponed by a few months as I expect it will, would you be in favour of Tua starting? It would give his hip even more time to heal. Personally I want him to sit the entire season anyway, but with him as the starter I can see us as a big chance to win the division. And taking away possible postponement, if the season starts in Sept, would you start him (if we draft him)?

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 1st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:57 Apr01 2020 Post ID: 3450285
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It's not being postponed at all. Regardless, however, I think we should sit Tua if we can nab him, whether at #3 or #5.

Did y'all see ESPN's Todd McShay's Mock Draft? Dude has Jordan Love going #6 to the Chargers BEFORE Herbert. Crazy.
Matt77 Posted: 22:48 Apr01 2020 Post ID: 3450288
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
No I didn't, but that Love > Herbert scenario is popping up on quite a few mocks. Crazy stuff, because Herbert is rock solid as the 3rd best QB. I've even seen a mock which had us drafting Love at pick 5 Brick Wall

(I can't find the mock anyway, but it would be behind a paywall if I could. His 2.0 mock is)

The problem with many NFL/CBS/ESPN/etc writers is that the success of their mocks are based on article views. Hence they have to put click bait titles in, like 'Skins take Tua with no.2' etc. Bucky Brooks is the ultimate click bait writer (Mason Rudolph at pick 12 LOL). Mocks from places like walterfootball, SB Nation etc are far better.

Also before I forget, I'd like your opinion on Kristian Fulton (CB). The CBS prospect tracker has consistently had Fulton as being well inside the top 30 ever since we've been doing our mocks, yet you don't consider him a 1st round prospect. Several mocks I've read have Fulton in the 1st round, but his appearances in the 1st have been getting fewer and fewer as time passes.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 1st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:02 Apr02 2020 Post ID: 3450289
Sanzano
+
I think the AFC East will end up:

Buffalo
Miami
New Engalnd

I can't for the life of me see New England doing well, their talisman and leader is gone and has been replaced with a bunch of inexperienced and cast off quarterbacks. Their solid defense of last season has been picked apart. There is no offensive weapons and they have the toughest schedule in the NFL. If Belichick wins the division I'll be amazed. All I see is them tanking for Trevor Lawrence.

Miami won't start Tua straight away but I expect him to get game time towards the end of the season in games the Dolphins are comfortably winning. If Miami are out of the playoff race at the end of the season they will probably start him in preparation for next season were he'll start for sure.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:40 Apr04 2020 Post ID: 3450325
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Most likely a 2nd Rounder. I have him in the 2nd Tier Pack of CBs. It goes Okudah then Henderson, and then everyone else. lol It's just up to the person, I guess.

Dennis: Don't sleep on the Pats. Remember when Brady went down and Matt Cassel won them 10+ Games? If Stidham can just be a game manager and not turn the ball over, they could easily win 10+ Games with their defense in our crummy division.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 4th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:09 Apr07 2020 Post ID: 3450349
Sanzano
+
It's because of the division Miami are in and the management they have in place there that it would not shock me if Burrow pulled an Eli Manning. If Burrow goes to Cincinnati he is finished, he becomes another Carson Palmer. Former first round number one pick who could have put up some great numbers if he hadn't of ended up in Cincinnati. Do you think Burrow wants to play for a flea pit organisation where he has to face the Steelers and Browns four times a year. I will lay money Burrow secretly wants to be a Dolphin living in the sunshine state of Florida. I bet Tua is secretly happy he is not projected as the number one pick, I bet he doesn't want to go to the Bengals either.

Matt77 Posted: 01:35 Apr07 2020 Post ID: 3450351
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
When you look at how rich each team is (in the other thread) you'll see Cincy at 30th. They have some of the worst facilities in the NFL, and as you say aren't the best at managing their QBs. Also remember the 'primetime chokers' and 'playoff chokers' tags that Cincy have had to live with for years? To use a term from another sport, they are a tinpot franchise.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:03 Apr07 2020 Post ID: 3450356
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Burrow is going to Cincy. Unless something crazy happens in the next two weeks, it's basically set in stone.

In other news, Clowney is still unsigned. There has been buzz about the Browns possibly being interested, and they still have 43 million in cap space to spend. If they can get Clowney to pair with Garrett and then nab an OT in the 1st, they will be in business.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 7th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:15 Apr07 2020 Post ID: 3450359
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I can't see anyone signing Clowney other than Seattle. He's out of options. If teams that he is willing to play for were interested they would've already traded for him.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:07 Apr08 2020 Post ID: 3450361
Sanzano
+
Clowney and Garrett in the same defense, that's pretty scary for opposing offenses to handle, which one do you double-team. A tight end or running back is not going to get the job done, one of those monsters is going to be rushing from the edge every play. Is Baker Mayfield still the starter in Cleveland, I heard rumblings that the Browns management are not happy with his attitude and poor play last season after so much was expected from him after his rookie season.

Is Beckham Jnr staying at Cleveland? I heard him and Mayfield don't see eye to eye and he is unhappy there. There was talk of him being traded to Washington for Trent Williams and returning to the Giants. I haven't heard anything about his situation in a few weeks now.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:35 Apr08 2020 Post ID: 3450363
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mayfield still the starter. Beckham still there. They're gonna give things another go with an actual OL. XD
Sanzano Posted: 08:29 Apr08 2020 Post ID: 3450365
Sanzano
+
I'd like to see Cleveland do well, they are one of a handful of teams that have never reached a Super Bowl. I think the others are Lions, Jaguars, and Texans. It must be frustrating being a Cleveland fan as their pre Super Bowl era history is filled with more championships and star names than any other team. Jim Brown, Marion Motley, and Otto Graham come straight to mind.

On paper the Cleveland Browns should be a dominant force challenging for a Super Bowl, they've got more star names currently playing than any other team. Myles Garrett is back for week 1 after talk of him being banned until Week 6 so they will be at full strength. With Clowney and Nick Chubb running behind Trent Williams they will be tough to beat. They look strong everywhere.

Displaying Page 206 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close