Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 207 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 08:45 Apr08 2020 Post ID: 3450366
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
If they can sign Clowney and draft a LT @ #10 In The Draft, you'd have to think they would win the AFC North. If they could trade for Trent Williams, it would be even better sine they could use #10 (and possible some of their other picks) to jump up and get Simmons.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:08 Apr09 2020 Post ID: 3450375
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Isiah Simmons could turn out to be one of the best players in the draft. It will be interesting to see who nabs him. His 40 dash speed was in the realm of the fastest recievers, the guy is a physical freak.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:34 Apr09 2020 Post ID: 3450377
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think he will be a star or a bust. Von Miller was off the charts, and we all know how good he is. But there have been so many before him that have had incredible numbers but they simply don't equate to good performance on the field.
Matt77 Posted: 09:23 Apr09 2020 Post ID: 3450379
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I'm with Dennis. Simmons is a gem. I think I had NY Giants drafting him at #4 in my February mock (before they got LBs in free agency). Apparently LB is now a need for Carolina. Or maybe I missed it earlier. But if I have Carolina taking Simmons instead of Jacksonville, it's going to completely change the way my draft looks.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 12:37 Apr09 2020 Post ID: 3450381
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My draft looks WAY different than before. lol
Matt77 Posted: 23:15 Apr10 2020 Post ID: 3450388
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Houston have traded pick 57 (either 40 or 57) to LA Rams in exchange for Brandin Cooks and a 2021 4th rounder.

Houston's draft picks in the first 4 rounds are:

Cooks is a decent pickup, but losing another draft pick hurts. They're in win-now mode even though they may not even win their division Whistle

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 08:39 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450393
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Trade 40, 90 and 111 to the Niners for #31. Get a good player that slips rather than a bunch of backups if you are in win now mode. Gross-Matos. Epenesa. OL. SOMEONE.
Matt77 Posted: 09:23 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450395
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
40 is still an ok pick, so they would likely only need to give away one of 90 or 111 as well. If they wanted to be aggressive, they would need to trade with New England or Miami to get Epenesa or Gross-Matos, which would cost all their picks. Pick 31 is too low to be able to get one of those.

At this stage, Houston are screwed. We've just seen what happens when a franchise trades away two 1st round draft picks to try and buy success (Chicago & LA Rams). Houston are a decent team which have a good chance to win their division, but they'll have close competition in Tennessee. O'Brien's coaching generally fails in playoffs (choking a 24-0 lead and allowing your opponent to score a 50-burger), and now literally 99.5% of Houston fans want him gone. This is their last chance, but it's not really a good one.

The best thing for Houston to do is to brace for impact. Don't trade up, don't trade for players, and listen to all calls from teams who want to trade up. The problem is that they don't have a 1st round pick to bait teams with. And they can't use the pick 40 to bait teams either, because they need to draft someone good.

If they trade up (they may well do it), it will put them in an even bigger hole. Assuming they do, they will only have selected 2 players in this draft. That will be an issue when they expect their younger players to develop. And there is no 1st round pick next year either!

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:15 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450399
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
How about with Minnesota at #22? Would cost all those picks (possibly an average player as well), but the draft value chart says it's almost perfect.
Matt77 Posted: 11:33 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450401
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I can't see Minnesota wanting to. They are also in win-now mode, and just lost their #1 WR.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:56 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450404
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If they did the trade, they could get a DE at #25, like Gross-Matos or Epenesa, to replace Everson Griffen. They could then address WR & CB with their two second rounders (because of the trade), which both should be available because both are pretty deep classes. Just saying.

But yeah, probably not gonna happen.
Matt77 Posted: 12:08 Apr18 2020 Post ID: 3450454
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
A few days ago the NFL began discussions about possibly delaying the season's start, or shortening the schedule. This isn't saying these measures will take place, but if the virus doesn't settle down in time, this is what will happen. Before the season got postponed, Australia's main sport got its regular season cut from 22 games to 17, with each quarter shortening to 16 minutes rather than the usual 20. If it comes back (unlikely), these measures will stay in place.

They also discussed crowds. It seems that unless a vaccine is found, the best case scenario will be a maximum allowed capacity of 50% for games. Worst case is 0 spectators. My country's sports had no crowds too, and if the sport returns, there will be no crowds all season long, including the grand final (usual crowd of 100,000).

Honestly, I'd rather see the season delayed by 1-2 months than see a limited schedule and no crowds. I watched some of our games with no crowds, and it was so depressing. They seemed like preseason games.

If people can gain a slight immunity from the virus, and hence it can't spread as well the second time around, you'd think the NFL season will be safe. But I don't know what to believe these days. Warrior you tell me (with logic) that everything will be fine. And then the news shoves it in our faces that we're all screwed and life as we know it will change forever (over the top reaction).

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:59 Apr18 2020 Post ID: 3450462
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It won't be delayed. Trust me.
Matt77 Posted: 01:33 Apr19 2020 Post ID: 3450464
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I was optimistic that the US had just had its peak, but it's clear now from looking at the data, that you're still experiencing the peak. It looks like a similar scenario with Italy and Spain, where it looks like there will be a very slow and gradual decline. Daily cases and total active cases need to show signs of decreasing, but that isn't happening yet.

Realistically, because I think players need at least 2 preseason games to adjust to playing again, the virus needs to be settling down by end of July at the latest. The generic government policies worldwide is that lockdown measures stay in place at least 1 month after things start settling down, so improvement by July would ensure that by the end of August, restrictions are lifted.

Realistically things should get better before end of July though.

Right now the US is right in the middle (the peak). The decline won't be as harsh as Australia's, but once active cases decrease you're on the way to getting better.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:00 Apr19 2020 Post ID: 3450467
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, we're peaking. However, most states have already peaked. It's the worst states that keeping that number up.

The NFL Season will be fine.
Matt77 Posted: 09:00 Apr30 2020 Post ID: 3450595
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
And now that the draft and post-draft is over, we can move back to this thread. And in case you forgot the last few posts of the other thread, it was about the Rodgers trade rumours and Favre's comments.

We'll go back to the other one next Jan, when we make mocks again ;)

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:07 Apr30 2020 Post ID: 3450597
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I was more surprised to read that Rodgers and Favre are on speaking terms. XD
Sanzano Posted: 09:23 Apr30 2020 Post ID: 3450600
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I thought the same thing funny enough Warrior13, I can't believe they kept in contact when Favre left Green Bay. Montana though is still bitter, whenever there is any kind of convention that features former NFL players he will not turn up if he knows Steve Young is going to be present.

Matt77 Posted: 02:27 May01 2020 Post ID: 3450603
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Haha, I thought exactly the same thing when I read it too. Apparently they have a decent relationship now, and Favre admitted he didn't act as well as he could have at the time.

I hope he told Rodgers not to make the same mistake that he did. There may never be another clear-cut copy of a 'drafting a rookie QB to sit and develop' situation as we have with Favre-Rodgers becoming Rodgers-Love.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 19:08 May01 2020 Post ID: 3450606
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't really consider it a mistake. I wouldn't feel so keen if the franchise I've lead for a decade drafted my successor while I was still playing well. Favre didn't take too kindly, nor did Montana. Shoot, Brady was even upset to the point of going over Belichick's head in order to get Kraft to trade Garoppolo. It's disrespectful, especially when Rodgers is still considered a Top 5 QB.
Displaying Page 207 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close