Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 236 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:52 Oct12 2020 Post ID: 3452553
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I guess that was the smart move. Really encouraging play from Justin Herbert though. He's been really solid so far this far.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 23:13 Oct12 2020 Post ID: 3452554
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Lol Chargers.

Were up 20-3 (should've been 21-3 if not for a missed XP), and also missed the game-winning 50-yard FG.

LA Chargers have now taken Kansas City and New Orleans to overtime. In both games they should've won. They lead 17-6 over KC, and 20-3 over NO.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 13th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:45 Oct13 2020 Post ID: 3452555
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Matt, are you sure Ohio is in a strong conference, all the programs I watch on YouTube make it sound as if the team is in a weak conference which Haskins was able to take advantage of with his strong arm and seven offensive lineman protecting him. I didn't think Ohio was known for quarterbacks, I can't think of a decent one coming from there.

That'll teach Dak to be greedy, don't like seeing a player get injured but if he had of accepted the deal Dallas put on the table he'd be secure now and paid for years to come with guaranteed money. As things stand Dallas have dodged a bullet if Dak can't fully recover.

I'm surprised the 49rs got beat, I didn't see that coming and I wasn't brave enough this week to take the Raiders against the Chiefs after they let me down last week. That Raiders team is looking good.

Miami exploded, I guess Fitzpatrick wants to hang onto the starter job a little while longer. I watched highlights of the game and Miami looked decent.

Alex Smith is finished, nice end the story of how he recovered but it was plain to see he won't survive in the NFL with a poor offensive line like Wahsington protecting him. His wife was in a right state on the sidelines watching her husband being sacked every other play. Redskins need to put Kyle Allen in and just tank the rest of the season and start all over again at the quarterback position in the draft and a decent veteran.

Matt77 Posted: 05:00 Oct13 2020 Post ID: 3452556
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It was Warrior who mentioned the point about Ohio. I know almost nothing about college football.

Brian Flores is making a case of being a top 5 coach. No joke. He took one of the worst teams in NFL history to 5-4 in their last 9 games, and has got a team still with low talent to be very competitive:
11-21 loss @ New England
28-31 loss to Buffalo
31-13 win @ Jacksonville
23-31 loss to Seattle
43-17 win @ San Francisco

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 13th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 06:02 Oct13 2020 Post ID: 3452557
Sanzano
+
Sorry Matt, I didn't realise it was Warrior13.

After seeing the way the Dolphins dismantled the 49rs he's doing something right. Like most other Miami fans I'm waiting to see Tua unleashed and seeing what he can do in the NFL. Don't think it will be this year to be honest, not all the time Fitzpatrick is putting up good numbers.

Matt77 Posted: 07:52 Oct13 2020 Post ID: 3452558
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think it was telling that Flores didn't put Tua in for half a quarter when we were up by 20+ and the game was over. It seems Flores's plan is to sit Tua for the season. Hopefully we win a few more games and he isn't forced into making a change by the media.

We play NY Jets at home next week...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:40 Oct13 2020 Post ID: 3452559
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Dennis: It is Ohio State, not Ohio. Two different universities. Ohio State is in the eastern division of the Big Ten. They have to play Michigan and Penn State every year, two teams usually in the Top 15. They sometimes have to play Wisconsin and Iowa, two teams usually in the Top 25. The Big Ten is usually second to the SEC in football, the conference that contains Alabama. Haskins was a one year wonder, which made evaluation difficult. Most 1st Rounders have a 50% chance of working out, but those without much a resume usually have a lower percent. It was a risk drafting Haskins, which is why I think he fell to the Redskins.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:18 Oct13 2020 Post ID: 3452560
steelersrock01
+
Just to add on - Ohio State generally doesn't produce NFL QBs. Recently only Terrelle Pryor and Cardale Jones along with Haskins have made it to the NFL and both haven't done much, though you may know of Pryor since he changed his position to WR and had a thousand yard year on the Browns and played for Washington in 2017.

Of note, Tua's school Alabama does not generally produce NFL QB talent either, usually because they often dominate other teams so the QB is less important than it is in the NFL. College success doesn't always correlate with NFL success. It's kind of a crapshoot. Some of the best college QBs ever have been terrible/irrelevant in the NFL (Tebow, Matt Leinart, Kellen Moore, etc).

The college conference system can be kind of confusing too.
Matt77 Posted: 01:04 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452561
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Tennessee thrashed Buffalo 42-16! I didn't see such a score coming. Looks like they're done with scrapping tight wins over mediocre opposition.

I also didn't expect to see you all to tip Buffalo as the upset.

Me and Mike continue to lead together. In the 5 weeks of tipping, we have scored the same each week.

As for my Week 6 tipping, according to the website, I picked 2 upsets. But in reality they are NOT upsets.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:23 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452562
Sanzano
+
Thanks for the info Warrior13 on the college sceene, I adimit, I know absolutely nothing about it.

Starting to see some strange scores that go against the grain. I'm wondering if Covid is starting to affect certain teams.

Josh Rosen has been playing so well, how did that lopsided score come about. Ryan Tannehill must be doing something right.

Matt77 Posted: 02:07 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452563
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol you could be onto something there Dennis! Rosen keeps jumping from team to team as backup. Maybe Buffalo will be his next destination Wiseguy

Tannehill has simply been put in a team with o-line talent. At Miami he was constantly running for his life and getting hurt later in his time there. But Tennessee is a competent team.

Also you should know Dennis, Haskins will possibly be traded before the November 3 deadline. It seems that he was never really in Ron Rivera's plans. You were onto this about 12 months ago...

Edit - Oh, and I forgot to say. Le'Veon Bell has been released by NY Jets.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 14th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:01 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452564
Sanzano
+
Lol, I'm forever getting Josh Rosen and Josh Allen mixed up.

I've always felt that Ron Rivera wanted to build his own team at Washington which was the main reason he took the job as he had several better offers and people were wondering why he didn't take them. He had an opportunity to take Cam Newton when he first arrived at Washingington and he wasn't interested which raised a few eyebrows.

After how Haskins performed last season Rivera was forced to get someone on board this season as a temporary player who knew his system at Carolina but wasn't good enough to be the teams long term quarterback. Kyle Allen fit the bill. Rivera had no choice with Alex Smith, it would have cost more money to pay Smith off than it was to keep him for the final year of his contract. As for Haskins, he gave him four games and will probably tell the GM he was not their man and to trade him. I believe in the offseason Rivera will go for a top college quarterback who will be 'his' guy who he builds his team around.

Smith will retire when his contract isn't renegotiated and Kyle Allen will be the emergency number three guy on the quarterback roster. The way the Redskins are playing at the moment Trevor Lawrence is looking like a possibility. I can't see Washington winning another game this season.

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:12 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452565
steelersrock01
+
Yeah that seems spot on. Haskins isn't the guy there. Though with the Jets releasing Leveon Bell and Adam Gase somehow still having a job, they've gotta be thinking the same thing. There's also rumblings Sam Darnold will be traded. I'd love if the Steelers could grab him for a 3rd round pick at the deadline. His value's at an all time low but I think he could be really great with a competent franchise. And we're going to need a replacement for Ben sooner rather than later.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:49 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452566
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Some of the "favorites" this week seem off. Does anyone else agree? Like half of my picks right now are underdogs. Some I get, but some seem like the true favroite. Think

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 14th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:31 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452567
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, I think there are more that are up in the air this week. KC is listed wrong, it says they are underdogs but they are 4 point favorites.
Matt77 Posted: 22:35 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452568
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
NY Jets are tanking. There is no other explanation. If the NFL investigated Miami for tanking last season, they need to do the same with NY Jets.

Miami really need to put the hammer down. A 30-point win would be beautiful. But I expect it to be a close win, or a close loss.

Poor Sam Darnold. He excels when he breaks tackles and has to improvise with his throws (or runs). When playing under Gase's system (the "offensive guru"), he struggles, as most QBs would. There is a franchise QB in there.

Also it's worth noting, that Atlanta are 0-5. I know you all know, but they are firmly in the #1 pick race. If they were able to trade up, or finished with the #1 pick, that could be the start of a very talented team.

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 22:57 Oct14 2020 Post ID: 3452569
steelersrock01
+
Atlanta and Minnesota are better than their records. I don't think Atlanta has a shot at a top 3 pick, though their schedule is brutal. The only game that should be an easy win is Denver. Minnesota has some winnable games. The way I see it, NYG, NYJ, and WAS are in their own tier of bad, and the other teams will fight for the top 10 picks. I think the Chargers are easily the best of the bunch and if Herbert plays well while they continue to lose enough to get a top 5 pick, they'll be a playoff team next year.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 14th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 00:58 Oct15 2020 Post ID: 3452570
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Atlanta are far better than 0-5, but they are chokers. Chances are they'll lose 2-3 more games where they outplayed their opposition and had a double digit lead. Playoffs are gone, so at this stage winning is pointless. Just imagine Trevor Lawrence with that Atlanta offense. They won't get the #1 pick, but if they get a top 5 pick, they may be able to trade away the house to move up.

Also, keep in mind that NY Giants and Washington have to play each other twice, and NY Jets get 2 shots at Miami.

Lets say NY Jets finish with the #1 pick, and decide that Darnold is still their franchise QB. They could bait a lot of QB-needy teams to trade up. They could ask for two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders, and maybe a player or two. That would allow NY Jets to build a competent o-line, and rebuild the offense. Otherwise Lawrence is walking into an awful team where he will initially struggle.

I'd say this will probably be the top 9: (I did 9 because I really don't know who will get 10)
1 - NY Jets
2 - Washington
3 - Jacksonville
4 - NY Giants
5 - Detroit
6 - Atlanta
7 - LA Chargers
8 - Miami
9 - Cincinnati

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Oct15 2020 Post ID: 3452571
Sanzano
+
I'm with you Warrior13, some of the so called favourites are not the teams I'm picking. I thought it was me just me that felt that way.

Rumblings going about that the Steelers are thinking about trading their number one pick in the draft for Sam Darnold if he becomes available.

Everyone forgets that the Falcons are 0-5 and Matt Ryan is 35 and will need to be replaced soon so they may be interested in a top quarterback if they finish the season badly enough.

Trevor Lawrence is being advised to pull a John Elway and Eli Manning and refuse to play for the Jets who will ruin him if they select him or alternately stay in college for another year. After seeing how talent like Josh Rosen, Dwayne Haskins andn Sam Darnold has been squandered by going to bad franchises it is not bad advice.

Matt77 Posted: 04:06 Oct15 2020 Post ID: 3452572
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That is good advice for Lawrence. NY Jets is a dumpster fire of a franchise, and he'll be thrown to the wolves from day 1 in an awful team and be expected to win games. Perhaps he needs to do what Joe Burrow did to Cincy, and basically tell them to build a team around him or he will ask for a trade. That will either force NY Jets' hand, or make them think twice about drafting him.

Sam Darnold was seen as the best QB prospect possibly for the decade, and now he's destined to be traded or cut.

If Atlanta are ruthless, they should trade Matt Ryan to a QB-needy team in win-now mode. He would transform teams such as San Francisco, Minnesota, Chicago, or Dallas. The way I see it, Ryan is at minimum a top 10 QB. It would allow Atlanta to get a top 3 pick, and to get lets say a 2nd round pick for Ryan. It would be ruthless and classless, but if they manage to get Lawrence, that offense will be seriously good.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 15th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 236 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close