Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 455 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 14:26 Mar06 2024 Post ID: 3460534
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Lol, Warrior13 that's a pretty accurate assessment of the three quarterbacks, that's exactly how I feel about them.

Washington announcing they are not interested in trading out of pick 2 has put pressure on Chicago and what they do with Justin Fields. It's clear now Washington will take Daniels and are not interested in Fields or trading up a spot. That means one less place Fields can be shipped to and the options are starting to dwindle, especially if Atlanta announce they want Cousins. Chicago need to get rid of Fields now before his stock falls even more and he ends up a back-up quarterback somewhere.

I wonder if Denver are interested in Fields now that they have got rid of Russell Wilson? Then again they could be strapped for cash and not afford him.

A lot of interest in Nix, Pennix, and McCarthy, I can't see none of these quarterbacks starting but I can see them playing behind a veteran and taking their place either halfway during the season or the following year. The likes of Aaron Rogers, Jared Goff, Derek Carr, Geno Smith, Daniel Jones, and Matthew Stafford coming to the end of their careers.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 17:28 Mar06 2024 Post ID: 3460535
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I like Washington staying put. Worst case, they land Daniels. Best case, the Bears pick Daniels or Maye and Washington gets the hometown boy in Williams. Win/win and they sacrifice no future draft capital.

I seriously wonder where Fields will end up. Atlanta and Pittsburgh made the most sense, but they seem to be going with Cousins and Wilson, respectively. I doubt the Raiders go after him, as they seem to be going after JJ McCarthy by most accounts. Maybe Seattle?
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:03 Mar06 2024 Post ID: 3460536
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Nice mocks guys. I really hope the Steelers don't end up with fields. I'm so low on him. Wilson would be okay, for a year, I guess, on a vet min. QB situation is kind of dire cause they're always too good to get a high pick.

I should have my mock this weekend I hope. work has been crazy.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:29 Mar06 2024 Post ID: 3460537
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I do not think Fields would be that bad of an option for the Steelers. Even if they just use him for one year and decline his option, I think he would be as good as a Russell Wilson. Hell, even if he was horrible, would that be such of a bad thing? Like you said, the Steelers are in that three or four team purgatory of keep winning just enough games to be out of reach for a legit QB Prospect.

No rush on the mock. As long as before free agency, you good. Completely understand with work.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:39 Mar06 2024 Post ID: 3460538
steelersrock01
+
I just know the Steelers wouldn't give Fields just one year, they'd pick up his option (in fact they'd have to make the decision before this season) and then that'd be two years down the drain cause they aren't winning anything with him. They aren't winning anything with Wilson either, but that would hopefully just be a one year thing.
Warrior13 Posted: 09:06 Mar07 2024 Post ID: 3460539
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I doubt any team will give Fields, who will now likely only garner a 3rd in return, his fifth year option. This will probably be a prove it, one year deal for him.

A lot of smoke around Bowers to the Jets at #10. Sounds like the Jets are going to try to get Tyron Smith.
Sanzano Posted: 14:37 Mar07 2024 Post ID: 3460540
Sanzano
+
Looks like Fields is going to the Falcons, a trade is nearing completion apparently. That leaves the question, where is Cousins going? He is in the process of moving his family to Atlanta...

Yes, I agree with you Warrior13, I can see the Raiders going after J.J. McCarthy, I don't think they'll get him though unless they trade up above the Giants. The only other top ranked quarterback the Raiders could grab is Penix but the first round might be too high for him. I think the Broncos will grab Bo Nix and sit him behind Cousins who must now be on the Broncos rader.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 7th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 19:09 Mar07 2024 Post ID: 3460541
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Fields likely will not be traded until after the Cousins and Wilson dominoes fall, or at least that is what Chicago has come out and said.

Here is where I am predicting the QBs land:

Caleb Williams - Bears
Jayden Daniels - Commanders
Drake Maye - Patriots
Bo Nix - Broncos
JJ McCarthy - Raiders
Michael Penix - Giants/Seahawks
Justin Fields - Giants/Seahawks
Kirk Cousins - Falcons
Russell Wilson - Steelers
Ryan Tannehill - Jets
Joe Flacco - Browns
Gardner Minshew - Colts
Tyler Heinecke - Bears/Patriots/Broncos
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:14 Mar07 2024 Post ID: 3460542
steelersrock01
+
That all seems plausible. I have no idea what to think about Wilson. One minute I see reports that several teams have expressed 0 interested, next I'm seeing multiple teams want him. The Giants are in a rough situation after giving Danny Jones that big contract.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:33 Mar07 2024 Post ID: 3460543
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
All I am seeing is Wilson to the Steelers. Not hearing anything else, but still time to change. I really do not see him fitting anywhere else, unless he plans on being a backup.

Giants are in bigtime trouble, and they know it. They have been heavily involved in the QB Market, especially this draft class. They have to keep Jones for at least one more year, but after that, they could manage to get rid of him.
Sanzano Posted: 09:12 Mar08 2024 Post ID: 3460544
Sanzano
+
Not sure if Russell Wilson to the Steelers works, Picket is in the process of developing and they also have Rudolph Mason in the wings. It is not out of the question as the Steelers have just sent Mitchell Trubishky to the Bills.

To me Russell Wilson has had his day, he is this years Cam Newton. Could end up unsigned. I have heard talk of him going to Washington which I hope is not true as I don't like the guy.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:27 Mar08 2024 Post ID: 3460545
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It has been confirmed that Wilson is currently speaking with at least the Steelers and Giants.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:12 Mar09 2024 Post ID: 3460546
steelersrock01
+
I feel like Pickett has had enough time to develop. He's not the guy.

Mock coming up...
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:31 Mar09 2024 Post ID: 3460547
steelersrock01
+
Pre-Free agency mock:

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - QB Jaylen Daniels
3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye
4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison Jr
5. Chargers - OL Joe Alt
6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers
7. Titans - OL Olumuyiwa Fashanu
8. Falcons - Edge Dallas Turner
9. Bears - WR Rome Odunze
10. Jets - OL Taliese Fuaga
11. Vikings - Edge Jared Verse
12. Broncos - QB Bo Nix
13. Raiders - QB JJ McCarthy
14. Saints - OL JC Latham
15. Colts - CB Nate Wiggins
16. Seahawks - DT Byron Murphy Jr
17. Jaguars - CB Quinyon Mitchell
18. Bengals - TE Brock Bowers
19. Rams - DE Laiatu Latu
20. Steelers - OL Jackson Powers-Johnson
21. Dolphins - CB Cooper DeJean
22. Eagles - Edge Chop Robinson
23. Texans - WR Brian Thomas Jr
24. Cowboys - OL Tyler Guyton
25. Packers - OL Troy Fautanu
26. Buccaneers - WR Adonai Mitchell
27. Cardinals - DL Johnny Newton
28. Bills - WR Xavier Worthy
29. Lions - OL Jordan Morgan
30. Ravens - WR Xavier Legette
31. 49ers - OL Aquarius Mims
32. Chiefs - WR Ladd McConkey
Warrior13 Posted: 21:57 Mar09 2024 Post ID: 3460548
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Oh, man, that is a nice mock, Mike. You two definitely got me worried about my stranglehold on this competition.

Just a few comments/critiques:

1) I almost went Fuaga to the Jets as well, but I like Latham a little bit better. The media, though, really is pumping up Fuaga.

2) I would probably switch Verse and Latu, as I read most executives have Latu as DE2.

3) I like that you have Powers-Johnson. I could not find a good place for him. Pitt and Philly make sense, but I just do not know how much teams like using a 1st on a center.

4) Chop is a little high based on what I have seen.

5) I would swap Mitchell for Coleman, but that is just me. I see Mitchell as a Day 2 guy.

That is about it. Really nice mock dude. I am sweating. lol
Sanzano Posted: 13:46 Mar10 2024 Post ID: 3460549
Sanzano
+
Great mock draft steelers01, I think all three of our mock drafts are about to change drastically in the next week with free agency.

Mac Jones has been traded to the Jaguars for a late round pick. Looks like the Patriots gave this once higly touted prospect away. If I remember correctly he was a mid first round pick in 2021. Basically thrown to the wolves from day one, same as Kenny Picket, another first round pick, I think he went 17 or around there in 2022. Quarterbacks these days are discarded if they don't hit the ground running. Makes you wonder what would have happened to John Elway, Brett Favre, Peyon Manning, and Drew Brees if they were drafted today. All of those quarterbacks struggled in their first couple of seasons before things clicked into place and they hit their groove all the way to Canton.

Am I seeing a pattern? To me it looks like mid round quarterbacks in the first round of the draft tend to be busts. Is Bo Nix, and JJ McCarthy going to suffer a similar fate.

Quarterbacks taken in the later rounds who sit behind a pro seem to fair better in the long run when given their opportunity. Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, and Aaron Rogers come straight to mind learning from Drew Bledsoe, Alex Smith, and Brett Favre for a couple of seasons. I understand that the way the game is now teams don't have the luxury of holding a players hand while he develops but it is still sad the way potential Hall of Fame talent can be ruined in the first season of a quarterbacks NFL career.

I'm hearing Chase Young may be picked up by the Baltimore Ravens and Patrick Queen could be heading to Washington.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 10th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 18:49 Mar10 2024 Post ID: 3460550
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have no idea why the Jags traded for Mac Jones. Correct me if I am wrong, but did not CJ Beathard have the Jags only win down the stretch? I do not see Mac Jones as an upgrade over Beathard. Watch Beathard beat him for the backup job in the preseason. lol

Jesus, the Chiefs gave Chris Jones a 5yr/160mil contract? I get he is a freak and all, but man, that seems like a huge overpay.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:05 Mar10 2024 Post ID: 3460551
steelersrock01
+
I don't really get the trade either, but whatever. Doesn't bode well for the return the Bears will get for Fields.

Jones is getting a lot of money for sure, I think I read 95M guaranteed too. Had to pay him, I guess. He's the anchor.

Man, the 2021 QB class has not turned out great. You've got Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Fields, and Jones, and only Lawrence will be on their original team.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:08 Mar11 2024 Post ID: 3460552
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And Lawrence is a bit in the hot seat as well. I know I would not give him a bit contract at this point.

Free Agency has begun!

QB Wilson to the Steelers.
RB Swift to the Bears.
RB Pollard to the Titans.
DE Greenard to the Vikings.

Colts resign Pittman.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 11th 2024 »
Warrior13 Posted: 13:35 Mar11 2024 Post ID: 3460553
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Kirk Cousins to the Falcons. Expected as much.

Christian Wilkins to the Raiders. Had a feeling Miami would lose him.
Displaying Page 455 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 453 | 454 | 455 | 456 | 457 | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close