Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 50 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:32 Apr05 2017 Post ID: 3431438
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I see that on March 10, 2017, Griffin was released by the Cleveland Browns and is now a free agent. It's quite shocking how he went from hero to zero in such a short space of time. It annoys me when I think what Washington gave up in the draft to get him in 2012 as the overal number 2 pick (Redskins acquired the pick by giving the Rams four high-value draft picks over three years: their first-round picks in 2012 (No.6 overall), 2013 (No.22 overall), and 2014 (No.2 overall), as well as their second-round pick (No.39 overall) in 2012. Just think of the players Washington could have gained if they hadn't of traded. Even more annoying is they picked up Kirk Cousins in the same draft in the 4th round so there was no need to have traded anyway except nobody knew how good Cousins was going to be at the time.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 03:11 Apr13 2017 Post ID: 3431778
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Just read a Trades NFL Mock Draft, including ten possible trades. The first trade was Cousins to the 49ers for #2 overall and another future first round pick. Redskins then drafted Fornette, and then QB Tribisky in the middle of the round.
Sanzano Posted: 03:41 Apr13 2017 Post ID: 3431780
Sanzano
+
I like the sound of that mock draft, that solves all the Redskins problems regarding Kirk Cousins in one fell swoop. I doubt it will happen though, the Redskins have a history of screwing things up. Having those two rookies would be like the second coming of Theismnan and Riggins and would be a great starting block for building a dynasty.

Matt77 Posted: 21:26 Apr13 2017 Post ID: 3431790
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It seems that he will stay in Washington from what I've read, but could leave at the end of next season. San Francisco should probably keep their #2 pick, especially since they have some quarterbacks.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 21:43 Apr13 2017 Post ID: 3431791
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I doubt it will happen too, but you never know on deaft day.
Sanzano Posted: 01:46 Apr18 2017 Post ID: 3431907
Sanzano
+
I can't believe Washington are going to keep Cousins in the hope he'll change his mind and stay next year when he can go for nothing. The guy has clearly stated he does not want to remain a Redskin and wants to join the SF 49rs, what's the point of having a player on your team who's only thinking of staying healthy so he can get a guaranteed lucrative move the following season and you receive nothing for him. I'll be upset if Washington don't get rid of him draft day.

Matt77 Posted: 06:54 Apr18 2017 Post ID: 3431909
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It all depends on whether the club thinks there can be instant success. If they believe that they'll keep him around to try have one last shot. However if they are smart and realise they are not making the playoffs even with Cousins they'll do a trade.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 07:53 Apr18 2017 Post ID: 3431910
Sanzano
+
No running game and no top flight recievers along with a pourous defense. I think you may be right and they probably won't make the playoffs. One thing people are not factoring into the equasion is how committed the offensive line will be to protecting Cousins if they know he is not going to be their Quarterback the following season. I bet that is a divided dressing room with resentful players, it certainly won't be a team unit that comes out for 2017. I'd gladly see Cousins go for that No 2 in the 1st round, if it happens it will be just before the SF 49rs pick.

Matt77 Posted: 09:01 Apr18 2017 Post ID: 3431923
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
In terms of playing as a team the players will be professional about it. In Australia's Rugby League competition players often sign contracts with other clubs at the start of the previous season or inbetween, and sometimes switch clubs half-way through the season. Despite all this they still play as a team; it doesn't get in the way. What the problem will be is the draft pick(s) or player(s) that they wont get in a trade.

Unfortunately Washington need to take two steps back to take one forward. The offense (wide receivers) is still very serviceable. Like you say the defense needs to be improved and a running back needs to be added. Oh, and get rid of that kicker that cost them a spot in playoffs.

I think if Washington do a trade they won't get the #2 pick. Instead they'll get either Brian Hoyer or Matt Barkley along with a draft pick or two. Obviously they want the #2 but SF will want to desperately keep it. However I'd like to see Washington play hard ball and ask for a #2 pick for Cousins swap.

Of course though, if Cousins stays and Hoyer or Barkley are given the top job while they finish 4-12 and Washington finish 8-8 it could be a whole different story. Personally I wouldn't want to go play for a club that always loses. NFL players already earn 10 times more than they deserve; they shouldn't get any greedier.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:59 Apr18 2017 Post ID: 3431927
Sanzano
+
Washington won't take anything less than the number 2 pick in the draft. Cousins has proven himself to be an elite Quarterback who is capable of throwing for 5,000 yards in a season and making the Pro Bowl as a starter. We're not talking about a journey man we're talking about a player that is good enough for a team to be built around. I can see why the Redskins don't want to let him go but if the guy doesn't want to play in Washington the the team have no choice but to try and get the best deal possible for him. Anything less than a top half first round draft selection is an insult.

Matt77 Posted: 20:56 Apr18 2017 Post ID: 3431935
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yes but if you put him with the 2-14 49ers I doubt he's gonna throw even 4,000 yards. San Francisco have a very tough choice to make; keep the #2 pick and draft a key player for the next decade or take a very capable quarterback and hope he can transform the team.

If Washington do trade Cousins, what are they going to do with a quarterback? Should they use pick 2 for one?

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:28 Apr19 2017 Post ID: 3431939
Sanzano
+
No, there are no decent Quarterbacks in this years draft, next years draft is a different story though. If the Redskins get that number 2 pick in this years draft they need to get rid of it for a high first round pick in next years draft where there will be five Quarterbacks who have potential to be NFL superstars and hopefully grab one of them. The 2017 draft is loaded with defensive players so there might be a team that will trade with Washington to get the number 2 pick if they have it, especially if Myles Garrett is still there.

Matt77 Posted: 02:21 Apr20 2017 Post ID: 3431958
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Where are you getting your info on Cousins? What I've been reading lately on the NFL.com website is saying that Cousins is unlikely to leave this year, and is happy with being at Washington.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 20th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:28 Apr20 2017 Post ID: 3431960
Sanzano
+
Cousins has to say he is happy with the Redskins, they've just signed him for another year but everyone knows he is not happy because he wants a long term deal which the Redskins are not offering. Cousins has repeatedly said he wants to play where he is wanteed which basically means San Francisco because in his mind he is not wanted at Washington because they won't give him that long term deal.

Matt77 Posted: 06:29 Apr20 2017 Post ID: 3431961
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Why wouldn't Washington sign him for something like 5 years? Cousins is an above average quarterback with potential to become elite one day, compared to whatever backup they have or whatever draft pick they gamble on. After hearing that I'm completely on his side and he should leave and show them what they will be missing out on.

Washington have two other quarterbacks; Nate Sudfeld (drafted last draft, 0 games) and Colt McCoy (came to club 2014, 4/7 games started, 5 games 2014, 2 games 2015, 0 games 2016, 4:3 TD:I ratio in 2014 with 96.4 passer rating).

With Cousins next season Washington will probably finish somewhere between 6-10 and 10-6, being more likely to be closer to 6-10. That should get them worse than a top 10 pick, so I don't know if it will be good enough to draft one of those star quarterbacks that are coming. If it isn't they may be stuck with McCoy unless they do other trades.

It amazes me how dumb clubs can be. In 2018 they will not have Cousins, have received no compensation for his departure, and not have a top 5 draft pick as Cousins would've carried Washington through for a decent number of wins in 2017. If they had been smart, or even sensible, they could've either had Cousins signed on a 4-6 year deal, or had access to the #2 draft pick which they could've used on a key defensive player for the next decade. They NEED to do something soon, or I'm sorry to say they will be anchored on the bottom of the NFC East for the next 3 years minimum with records ranging from 2-14 to 6-10.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:57 Apr20 2017 Post ID: 3431962
Sanzano
+
Exactly Matt77, the Redskins now have a quarterback who regardless of what he says now to the media does not want to be in Washington next year. I'm still trying to figure out why the Redskins didn't give him the long term deal they promised him if he performed well in 2016, there must be a reason why that the team is not disclosing because the stats Cousins put up in 2016 were impressive breaking all sorts of Redskins records.

I see Christian McCaffrey is visiting Washington this week, I hope the Redskins take either him, Cook or Fournette if by some reason he is still available in the 17th round.

What's happening with the Dolphins, are they going to stick with Ryan Tannehill long term or are they going to enter the Quarterback sweepstakes in next years NFL draft?

Matt77 Posted: 11:16 Apr20 2017 Post ID: 3431964
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think they have to stick with him, at least for next season. His form during Miami's period of success was very solid (passing yards and touchdowns remained similar but intercepts reduced dramatically minus the Baltimore game) and Adam Gase is the first coach who seems to have found Tannehill's best form. A full season should give a fair indication to whether he will take the next step similar to how Kirk Cousins' form got better.

I compared his stats to other seasons (specifically the 2014 season) and they aren't a massive improvement, but it's the things in-game he did. His play during the Los Angeles Chargers game (70% completion rate, 2TDs, 0INTs) compared to the veteran Rivers (52% completion rate, 3TDs, 4INTs (all in Q4) in a match decided by a touchdown was the difference. Also in the Los Angeles Rams game one week later, after completing no third downs and making barely any yards (while trailing 0-10) he rallied, completing several and scoring touchdowns on the last 2 plays for Miami. He has the right attitude for this job, and seeing as I and many Phin fans were gutted when we heard the news of his likely ACL tear, it goes to show he is the logical answer. If he hadn't rallied in that LA Rams game, Miami would've missed out on playoffs.

Matt Moore is one of the best backup QBs in the business, but I think he is just that, a backup.

It's also benefited significantly having Jay Ajayi (even if he is below average in most games) running the ball more often as it takes the pressure off Tannehill. You'll notice he had very few if any 300+ yard games, and he was passing less, whereas in losses it wasn't always the case:
16/29 for 186yds, 0:0 ratio
32/45 for 387yds, 2:2 ratio

25/39 for 319rds, 3:2 ratio
15/25 for 189yds, 1:1 ratio
12/18 for 191yds, 0:2 ratio

24/32 for 252yds, 0:0 ratio
17/24 for 240yds, 2:0 ratio
17/28 for 149yds, 1:0 ratio
15/25 for 204yds, 1:0 ratio
24/34 for 172rds, 2:1 ratio
20/30 for 285yds, 3:0 ratio
29/40 for 226yds, 1:3 ratio
15/20 for 195yds, 3:1 ratio*

You can see the clear change in performance, and the fact he had no 300+ yard games in wins (excluding the Cleveland game because Miami should've lost that). At the moment he's not going to be a 400+ yard quarterback who blows games apart, but will be one who manages to get wins on the board.

In terms of drafting a quarterback in that super draft it seems unlikely. Miami should have around an 8-8 season giving them a mediocre draft pick. All the good quarterbacks would be taken by then.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 22:26 Apr20 2017 Post ID: 3431975
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The NFL schedule has been released.

Washington get:
Bye in week 5
2 Thursday Night games (Thanksgiving v New York Giants, @ Dallas)
1 Sunday Night game (Oakland)
2 Monday Night games (@ Kansas City, @ Philadelphia)

Miami get:
Bye in week 11
7 home games
1 Thursday Night game (@ Baltimore)
1 Sunday Night game (Oakland)
2 Monday Night games (@ Carolina, New England)

Both teams have done pretty well this schedule in terms of primetime games. Washington will be pleased to play in the Thanksgiving night game for the second year in a row. Miami will be pleased to increase from the 1 primetime game they had last season to the 4 they have this season. However they will be disappointed to be given a London game, taking away a home game from them. Both teams have difficult schedules unfortunately (Washington have their own division and the AFC West, but luckily have the NFC West, along with New Orleans & Minnesota) (Miami have New England twice, the AFC West, the NFC South, along with Baltimore & Tennessee).

Predicted finish for Washington: 8-8 (WWLLBWLLLWWLLWWWL)
50/50 games: 5
While Washington has some tough matches if they can capture their best form they can definitely push for playoffs.

Predicted finish for Miami: 9-7 (WWWWWLWLLLBLWLWLW)
50/50 games: 7
A tough schedule makes it hard for Miami to make playoffs again. Those 50/50 matches are crucial; about 5 need to be won. The positive is a predicted 5-0 start would give the team massive confidence.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:41 Apr23 2017 Post ID: 3432060
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami will be lucky to go 9-7 this upcoming year. I don't care if the computers say we have the 18th toughest schedule because the Jets and Bills were so lousy last year, we have one of the most difficult schedules this upcoming year! Patriots twice in two weeks, same for Bills directly after, making FOUR divisional games in six weeks to end the season?!? Throw that in with the best division last year in the AFC West, along with AT (NFC Champions) Atlanta, AT (Always Good) Baltimore, AT (Streaky) Carolina & (Offensive Nightmare) Saints in UK being counted as a home game?!? WTH NFL?!?

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 23rd 2017 »
Matt77 Posted: 01:29 Apr24 2017 Post ID: 3432062
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I totally agree. The only easy games we have are two New York Jets matches. The hard games we have are New England x2, Oakland, Kansas City, Atlanta, and Baltimore (we always lose to them, especially away from home). That's an instant 2-6 record, meaning in the remaining games (Buffalo x2, Tennessee, Denver, Los Angeles Chargers, Tampa Bay, Carolina, New Orleans) we realistically need to go 8-0 unless we somehow pull off an upset. I had us going 7-1 in that stretch with a loss to Carolina, but anything could happen. 9-7 is unlikely to get us playoffs, especially with all the teams who will be competitive in the AFC.

The season we will be given the AFC South (Houston have a good defense and may have a good QB by then, Tennessee will be dangerous by then, the same with Indy, and Jacksonville could be anything) and the NFC North (Green Bay are Green Bay, Detroit could improve, Minnesota have the ability to do well, and Chicago could very well improve by then), along with two New England games and a team from the AFC West.

If Miami was a part of the AFC South we would've had a home playoff game (we were 6-2 at home so that could've very well been a win) and this season would be primed to go back to back. But instead we're trapped in a division that is almost impossible to win if you don't have the GOAT in your team. #fair

Oh and I forgot we get 7 home games. #fair

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 24th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 50 of 463
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | ... | 461 | 462 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close