Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 52 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 08:10 Apr29 2017 Post ID: 3432201
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Why did they even sign Mike Glennon on a $45 million contract? Looks like Chicago have taken the title of stupidest club from Cleveland.

Also, why on Earth did Los Angeles Rams give Tennessee their #5 pick??? If that was involved in trades to move LA Rams up to #1 last draft then what an awful decision. Surely they realised that first round pick would be inside the top 15 at least.

So actually, I think two teams hold that title.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 22:12 Apr29 2017 Post ID: 3432210
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington drafted a running back in Samaje Perine at pick 114, however an NFL.com article had him as the 2nd most likely pick from day 3 to make an impact next season.

Miami's guard Isaac Asiata also featured at #10 on the list and was taken at pick 164. He's a whopping 6-3, 323 pounds!

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 22:37 Apr29 2017 Post ID: 3432211
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
They signed Glennon because Tribusky needs to be groomed.

Rams though Golf was the man, and it costs multiple first round picks to jump over 15 slots.

Perine is a big back, but uber slow. He can be a good 1-2 punch if Washington has a speedster.

Asiata is a big boy, and he did the most bench reps at the scouting combine. But he needs some coaching before he'll be able to start, as he struggled in college against top talent.
Matt77 Posted: 23:47 Apr29 2017 Post ID: 3432212
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Someone's been up late. "Rams though Golf"

Forgot that they finished 7-9 in that season. If his form doesn't improve this season LA Rams will be in serious trouble unless they get one of those star quarterbacks in the next draft.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:02 May01 2017 Post ID: 3432256
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Typo. :p
Matt77 Posted: 09:45 May01 2017 Post ID: 3432262
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Now that the draft is done and pretty much all traded are done, if not all, who do you think will be the best and worst teams of next season?

Obviously New England will feature in minimum the AFC Championship game, but Oakland, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh should all be up there too. In the NFC Atlanta, Green Bay, and Dallas will be right up there, with Seattle, Tampa Bay, and New York Giants potentially close to breaking through.

New York Jets are in serious trouble. That's a tough division to be in; they'll be lucky to go 1-5 in it. Cleveland may be able to get out of their hole, but should still struggle. Minnesota and Chicago could rise up, but look destined to be stuck at the bottom of a division featuring two solid teams. San Francisco could also have a mini-revival, but Los Angeles Rams are screwed unless Goff shows why he was the #1 pick.

Don't ask why I bolded the teams. I'm strange.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:26 May01 2017 Post ID: 3432273
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
New England will win the Super Bowl. Anything short if that, with their improved roster, would be an epic fail.

Only Steelers will be able to challenge them in the AFC. Chiefs can't win in the playoffs with Smith at the helm. Oakland has too many holes on Defense to go too far.

NFC is up for grabs.
Matt77 Posted: 19:06 May01 2017 Post ID: 3432292
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Never assume the assumable. No-one thought Atlanta would start out of the blocks with a 21-0 lead and then 28-3 one in the Superbowl did they? Most believed it would be close, but NE would do enough the entire game. Let's face it, that was a surprise, even if they eventually lose it through one bad quarter of football.

Who would've thought Denver would've beaten NE two seasons ago in the conference game? Denver had scraped into playoffs and luckily got the #1 seed out of all of it (were on the ropes against LA Chargers, Cincinnati, & Pittsburgh in playoffs). Then they somehow do it and go on to the unlikely SB victory.

Who would've thought, despite eventually losing due to two awful penalties, that Cincinnati, with a backup QB would recover from a 15-0 Q4 to grab the lead 16-15 IN A PLAYOFF.

Who would've thought Atlanta would go on to a Superbowl? I was one of few, but only because of a statistic, and they aren't always reliable. They were an 8-8 (2-7 in last 9 games) the season before.

While New England wont crumble, other teams could come out of no-where and have 12-4 seasons.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 1st 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:34 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432301
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Apart from a couple of exceptions Super Bowl winners don't normally repeat, they always start of as the favourites but for whatever reason they have a slump the following year. I'm going with the Raiders in the AFC, now they have Marshaun Lynch in the backfield they are going to be a handful and if Carr hadn't of got injured last season there is no telling what might have happened. As for the NFC, that's Dallas all day long.

Samaje Perine the running back Washington drafted may be slow but he was the strongest back in the draft by a mile, there were only four players, all offensive lineman who bench pressed more than Perines 31 reps, he also had the best shuttle run time out of all the backs in the draft. I watched highlights of his college games and although he is slow he dishes out punishment when tackled and drags players for extra yardage on contact he is so strong. I'm liking the look of this kid, he holds the college record of 425 rushing yards in one game so although he is not a burner he has enough speed. He is ideal for short yardage situations which Washington struggled with last season.

Matt77 Posted: 03:05 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432304
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think New England and Oakland will play in the NFC Championship game along with Green Bay and Dallas. Pittsburgh and Kansas City just aren't good enough, and Miami and Tennessee aren't gonna take the next step that soon. Atlanta will definitely contend, but I have them just missing put. Remember, they did finish 11-5 and have lost their offensive coodinator.

I'd then have Oakland in a massive upset and Green Bay in another close one. Then Green Bay winning the Superbowl purely on past experience.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:11 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432308
Sanzano
+
I see things the same way as you Matt77 except I see Dallas as the winner of the Super Bowl.

Matt77 Posted: 05:22 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432315
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Psychologically that divisional round loss that Dallas had to Green Bay will hurt if they play again. To be down and out, then rally back and somehow tie the game and remove an 18-point deficit, only to lose from a 53-yard field goal after one 36-yard pass with under 10 seconds on the clock. Imagine if Atlanta had won the toss in the Superbowl overtime and Matt Ryan rallied them to a win. The New England players would be heartbroken. I also think the experience that Rodgers has would be enough.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:00 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432317
Sanzano
+
So psychologically the Atlanta Falcons must be devestated and scarred by that loss in the Super Bowl, I don't think their current team will ever win the big one because of it. Even now when I think about it I find it hard to imagine that ever happening again in a Super Bowl, the whole thing was just bizarre. I've never seen a team unravel like that in a Super Bowl in nearly 40 years of watching them.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 2nd 2017 »

Warrior13 Posted: 09:12 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432319
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No way Dallas wins the Super Bowl. Mark it down now.

Dallas will be lucky to win their division this year. Every team in the NFC East has gotten better, while Dallas has HUGE holes on Defense after losing 3/4 start Defensive Backs. Sure, they drafted a few, but Rookie DBs have an adjustment period in the NFL compared to other positions. Plus, I'm pretty confident that both Prescott and Elliott will have a bit of Sophomore Slumps this year. More teams are prepared for them, and they have one of the tougher schedules this year.

Way-To-Early AFC Championship Prediction:
New England 31, Pittsburgh 23

Way-To-Early NFC Championship Prediction:
Atlanta 35, Seattle 31 OR
Atlanta 38, Green Bay 35

Way-To-Early Super Bowl Prediction:
New England 34, Atlanta 31
Matt77 Posted: 09:43 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432320
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Seattle? They are a joke. Finished 10-5-1 in the worst division in football, beating a Detroit team lucky to be in playoffs (with awful luck instead of great luck they could've finished 1-15 no joke because of all their comebacks) 26-6 at home where they were 7-1. Then traveled to Atlanta and got thumped. The only thing to note with Seattle is that they were the only team to successfully beat the real NE Patriots. Seattle's losses were Los Angeles Rams (wow), Tampa Bay (no playoffs), Arizona (no playoffs), Green Bay (thrashed 38-10), and New Orleans (no playoffs and defense) while tieing 3-3 with Arizona also. Notable wins were New England and Atlanta (lost to Atlanta later though). Three times they scored no touchdowns in games.

I will be shocked if Seattle make the conference game. Playoffs should be manageable but they may even lose the division to Arizona. Will be lucky to make it past wildcard weekend imo.

About Dallas, I agree that their form will drop but not to the extent you're arguing. New York Giants have an old pick-machine quarterback, Washington have an unstable position at quarterback and weren't amazing last season either and Philadelphia aren't there yet. Dallas should be able to snag the division easily.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 16:01 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432338
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Seattle was beat up from the ground up, like Pittsburgh has been the last few years, especially Russell Wilson. Sure, they had an up and down year, but injuries will do that to the best programs. And getting thrashed by Atlanta doesn't really make much for a counter to this because EVERYONE was getting wreck by them at the end if the year, including New England for three quarters. Seattle will bounce back this year, probably going 11-5 or 12-4. Just watch.

And yes, Dallas will have a drop off from last year, finishing anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. As I said, teams will be well more prepared for them after last year. New York has one of the most Elite Offenses after all the moves they made this offseason, right up there with Atlanta. I don't know what you're talking about Cousins being unstable; outside of the final game last year, he was a Top 10 QB. As for Philly, all the experts know they are on the rise with Wentz. Ontop of all of that, outside of last year, the NFC East has been decided in Week 17 for the last decade or so. Dallas will not dominate.
Matt77 Posted: 19:07 May02 2017 Post ID: 3432354
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
With Cousins I mean no-one knows whether he will be there next year; the club culture will just be weird.

11-5 seems about right for Seattle. They aren't bad, but I just don't think they are at the level required to make it to the SB.

I probably made my comment on Dallas a bit wrong. I didn't mean they'd dominate, I meant they'd win the division comfortably; by perhaps one game only, but never really troubled. I just can't trust New York Giants, Washington need to find the next level and get over the Cousins talk, and Philadelphia could be anything ranging from 5-11 to 12-4. To me Dallas seem like the sensible option.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:35 May03 2017 Post ID: 3432387
Sanzano
+
Seattle are a team in decline, they're doing nothing this year, probably win the division again with a 10-6 record and maybe beat a wildcard but that's about it. I can't see them getting past Dallas or Green Bay. If Dallas suffer a slump because of their defense and if Aaron Rogers hits form like he did towards the end of last season then I have to go with Green Bay for the Super Bowl. It's going to be interesting to see if any of the rookies make an impact. Washington for example all of a sudden have an improved defense to go along with their offense that has also had its weak area improved and they didn't get blown out of any games last year.

Matt77 Posted: 02:17 May03 2017 Post ID: 3432388
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yes but Washington have lost an elite wide receiver.

Their results to playoff teams were a 16-38 loss to Pittsburgh, 23-27 and 26-31 losses to Dallas, a 29-27 win against New York Giants, a 17-20 loss to Detroit, a 42-24 win against Green Bay, and finishing with a 10-19 loss in a pre-playoff game to New York Giants. This gave them a 2-4 record against playoff teams but an average 6-3-1 against non-playoff teams. Losses to Arizona, Carolina, and a tie against Cincinnati seriously hurt. Switch them and they finish 11-5 and easily make playoffs. And that's excluding the Detroit game too.

This team has the ability to do well and should manage to avoid a losing season, but if they can cover for Jackson there's upside. Like you (almost) said, Washington didn't get blown out of any games after week 1.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:37 May03 2017 Post ID: 3432391
Sanzano
+
So basically what we're saying is if Cousins can maintain the form he had last year, Josh Doctson steps up to the plate at wide reciever and the rookie running back Perine becomes such a handful that opposing defensese have no option but to put their safties on the line to help the linebackers then there is the possibility the Redskins could do well. And don't forget Jonathan Allen on defense, he's going to upset a few opposing Quarterbacks.

Displaying Page 52 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close