Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 96 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 09:50 Mar09 2018 Post ID: 3443046
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
So basically the ball is in the Browns court and what they do with the #1 pick will determine the route the rest of the picks play out.

What's this I keep hearing about the Lions possibly trading Matthew Stafford for Tom Brady. That doesn't make sense to me, what do the Lions get out of it apart from an old quarterback with a couple of years left in his career. I hope this doesn't happen, if the Lions were to one day in the near future reach their first Super Bowl it should be Stafford leading them.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 15:07 Mar09 2018 Post ID: 3443049
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Brady will never be traded. lol
Sanzano Posted: 18:03 Mar09 2018 Post ID: 3443063
Sanzano
+
I think you are right, mind you I thought the same about San Francisco trading Joe Montana but they did it. Then again the 49rs did have Steve Young. I get the feeling Tom Brady could see the same thing happening to him as what happened to his idol Montana so he used his influence with the owner to get rid of Jimmy Garapollo before it happened. Belichick didn?t want to trade Garapollo so now there is animosity between him and Brady. As soon as Brady retires I think Belichick will hand in his resignation as well just to get his own back on the owner of the Patriots for getting rid of Garapollo.

Matt77 Posted: 20:21 Mar09 2018 Post ID: 3443067
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
*Sigh* Miami just traded Landry to Cleveland for a wondrous FOURTH round pick, and an amazing SEVENTH ROUNDER in 2019. How stupid is that organisation. Cleveland must be laughing like hell. For once they aren't the idiots.

Buffalo also traded Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland??? How stupid are Buffalo, after signing him on. Clearly Buffalo will trade up for a QB now if they don't pick one up in FA, which will make it harder for several teams. Look for Teddy Bridgewater to possibly head over there and make my prediction true. I don't understand why on Earth Cleveland took him. They will surely be drafting a QB still, and all that will happen is that Taylor will be a backup to that guy. That is, unless they think he is their franchise QB and won't draft a QB??? What the hell? I guess Barkley is heading to Cleveland then...or perhaps they have another random move to make.

...and make that another trade I didn't see. Green Bay traded away Damarious Randall, a promising young talent on defense, to Cleveland, in exchange for...DeShone Kizer... And yet again, a stupid move by another team trading with Cleveland. GB's secondary is putrid; why trade away young talent for a turnover machine in Kizer? Cleveland, yet again, will be loving this, and it makes the Taylor trade seem more logical. Poor Brett Hundley.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 00:57 Mar10 2018 Post ID: 3443075
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami got nothing, NOTHING in return for Landry. Had no choice but to trade him since we did not have the cap for him, but still, we should have gotten more than that.

Clearly, Browns will be getting Saquon at #1 and a QB at #4. That is, unless they trade up from #4 to #2 or #3. Still should be getting a QB with their second selection.

If I were the Browns, I would definitely consider signing WR Watkins in Free Agency. Gordon (if he can stay clean) + Landry + Watkins would be a killer combination. Throw Saquon into the mix, and you have a scary offense even if Taylor is your starting QB for now.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 10th 2018 »
Matt77 Posted: 02:38 Mar10 2018 Post ID: 3443076
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've only supported Miami for 3 seasons, and I'm already annoyed at how dumb the organisation of the Miami Dolphins is. If I were Miami I would've actually preferred to possibly get nothing but have Landry ruin his reputation than to essentially let him walk for a joke in return. This 4th round pick better help in a trade to move up or to pick up a player.

The thing with Taylor is that he has and likely always will be an average QB. But he's a guy who won't have amazing games, but on the other end won't throw 3 picks in a game. And that's while having a mediocre crop of WRs to work with. Landry will always provide an easy outlet, which suits Taylor's game. Gordon can be elite if he stays clean. I agree pick up Watkins. He was unlucky at LA since he would've thought they were a 4-12 team and that he'd be the #1 or #2 WR in the team. Also since he's played with Taylor before there may be some chemistry there. Meanwhile while Taylor gets some wins for Cleveland, there will be Josh Allen waiting for when Taylor slips up.

There's also the scenario that Cleveland trade Taylor much like they did with Brock Osweiler. Then they can get a draft pick back that they lost to get Landry & Taylor.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 08:10 Mar10 2018 Post ID: 3443077
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
At least you have not been a Miami fan for like two decades... XD

At least if we had let Landry walk we would have (most likely) gotten a 3rd Round Compensatory Pick next year. XD

Exactly, Taylor is just a stepping stone until Darold, Allen or Mayfield are ready to go. Browns are doing great so far, but they must draft Saquon at #1 to keep it going.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 10th 2018 »
Sanzano Posted: 12:25 Mar11 2018 Post ID: 3443121
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, I think the Browns have shown their cards and will take Josh Allen #1. Unlike Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold he is not ready to start in the NFL but has more potential than the others if he is not rushed which is why the Browns have brought in Taylor in advance so he can basically be the caretaker until Allen is ready. Taylor has NFL experience and doesn?t turn the ball over much which makes him ideal. The question now is will the Browns pick up Barkley if he is available at #4 which I don?t think he will as I think the Giants will nab him at #2 or do they trade their #4 pick to Buffalo who now don?t have a Quarterback for Buffalo?s #21 and #22 in the first round. Decent Running Backs are not as hard to come by as Quarterbacks and there should be at least a couple of options available to pick one up in the first round with either of those two picks plus another quality player maybe on defense. It?s looking like the Browns have been taking lessons from Jimmy Johnson on how to build a championship team. Is Landry going to be Cleveland?s Michael Irvin, could he be that good with Rosen throwing to him?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 12th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:44 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443140
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I hear that too, and also that they may instead take Mayfield at #4. Personally I think they should do a deal to swap with NY Giants, so that they have the #1 and #2 picks. Then they can pick up their QB of the future (whoever they want) along with Barkley. NY Giants would consider doing it since Indy won't be taking a QB, and if they were worried about teams trading up, they could then swap with Indy to get the #3. There would be no change for the Giants. They'd still be able to take the second best QB, and to be honest there's probably not much difference between Darnold & the rest. Cleveland get their guys, and Indy & NY Giants get an extra pick each.

I see no reason for Cleveland to pass on Barkley. Darnold throws picks, Allen has average completion, Rosen has attitude problems, & Mayfield isn't a safe pick. If they take a QB and he ends up being a bust, they get 0 RB and Tyrod Taylor as their franchise QB. If they mess up this draft they will never become successful again.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:41 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443142
Sanzano
+
Cleveland can get their running back later in the first round if Barkley has been taken if they do the trade I mentioned with the Bills for their #4 who now with Taylor gone need a quarterback. The quarterback position is way more important than the running back. Cleveland need to make the correct choice for their signal caller and forget about Barkley at this stage. Barkley is going to the Giants #2 now that N.Y is going with Eli Manning for the next three years. It's the most logical choice for them. Cleveland will pick up Derrius Guice or Sony Michel with the Bills picks later in the first round.

Which quarterback do you think Cleveland will take? Darnold is the favourite but I personally think it will be Allen now that the Browns have traded for Taylor.

Matt77 Posted: 09:04 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443157
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's naive to just think Cleveland will pick up a RB later. If they miss out on Barkley they will not pick a RB in the first round. There are other holes to fill with those picks. Barkley is going to be a star, while the jury is out on pretty much all other RBs. I do think NY Giants will pick Barkley if he's available, but they will be a lackluster team for as long as Eli Manning keeps playing, and even past that date. Manning has been in decline for a while now. 2016/17 was pretty horrible to be honest, and 2017/18 was only slightly better. The Giants NEED a young QB very soon, and while I think they'll skip QBs, I think they can't miss this opportunity to draft Darnold or Allen and have them learn under Manning. While his performance is declining, he has a huge knowledge of football.

Remember only a few months ago the talk was that Eli Manning was potentially going to retire. He stayed cause the team had faith in him, but he is nearing the end. I'd say this will be his last season. It will be interesting if Cleveland draft a QB and NY Giants decide to pick up one too, whether Indy take Barkley or Chubb. Or if they've given up their #3 pick, whether that team changes their mind and picks Barkley instead. If lets say Miami traded up to #3 and that scenario happened, they could backflip, creating an elite running game while keeping Ryan Tannehill on.

Personally I see Josh Allen in Cleveland, and Sam Darnold in New York (Giants). John Dorsey likes Allen and as new GM he'd want the QB he likes to be leading the team. If as you say Allen needs some grooming, he doesn't even have to play next season. NY Giants will really want Barkley, but I think they'll go towards their need for a QB first. Darnold has been called the best QB in the class, so if he slips to #2 it'd be a steal. I think Indy may trade away their pick to Buffalo, who have two 1st round picks, and that Buffalo will pick Baker Mayfield. Then Cleveland get super lucky and draft Barkley at #4.

1 - Josh Allen (Cleveland)
2 - Sam Darnold (NY Giants)
3 - Baker Mayfield (Buffalo, through trade w/Indy)
4 - Saquon Barkley (Cleveland)
5 - Josh Rosen (NY Jets, through trade w/Denver)
6 - Quenton Nelson (Denver, traded w/NY Jets)
7 - Marcus Davenport (Tampa Bay)
8 - Lamar Jackson (Arizona, through trade w/Chicago)
9 - Denzel Ward (San Francisco)
10 - Roquan Smith (Oakland)

This is hard work looking at players I don't know in positions I don't know, so I'll stop at 10. And I realised I missed out Bradley Chubb, so he'll fit in somewhere after #5. I'm assuming Denver pick up Case Keenum stupidly, so they'll be ok to move back a spot. Buffalo have Nathan Peterman and that's pretty much it, so they have to trade up, or pick someone up in FA. They have the picks to easily trade up though, and that #3 spot looks good for them. Arizona are also desperately need a revamp, and I initially had them getting #5, but NY Jets offering Denver more and thus making the trade happen. They'll have to go with the risky Lamar Jackson otherwise Miami might take him on as a test project.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 16:05 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443169
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Browns are drafting Barkley, almost a 100% sure thing at this point. After that is when things will get interesting, but Lamar Jackson WILL NOT be going in the Top 10. He will be lucky if he can even sneak into the first round.

Browns also prefer Darnold over Allen, as like most teams. Allen has serious accuracy issues, so much so that there is a chance he becomes the next JaMarcus Russell.

Miami is releasing Suh to save Cap. They also released LB Timmons after just one year. They are even shopping OL James, our best lineman over the past four years, because we cannot afford him. Shall I say DUMPSTER FIRE?
Warrior13 Posted: 19:50 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443176
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bills trade #21 + OL Glenn to the Bengals for #12. Step one for the Bills in finding a way to #2 or #3.
Matt77 Posted: 22:07 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443178
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think it's time I quickly find a 2nd team to support alongside Miami, because there is probably a 2% chance we make playoffs...

Warrior I agree that Lamar Jackson is not very good, but unless Arizona pick up a QB in free agency, they have Drew Stanton & Blaine Gabbert as their QBs; both are uncontracted. If they have no QB by draft day they will have to move up, otherwise someone else will take him as a test project (Miami, Baltimore, LA Chargers etc). Baltimore are in DESPERATE need of a new QB, and would definitely consider taking him. And with Buffalo moving up to #12, Jackson may even be available then.

If Miami are trying to save cap, I wonder who they're going to bring in through FA. Unless we release Tannehill it won't be a QB, so it's probably washed up o-line players as per usual who will be released in 1-3 seasons. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced we will finish 4-12 at best and dead last in the AFC East. I feel that we need to make a play for AJ McCarron.

Two QBs I'm keeping an eye on are Kevin Hogan and Cody Kessler from the Browns. Both of them have had limited opportunities to play, and those opportunities haven't been a number of consecutive games. If lets say after 3 games you start to feel more confident and comfortable at NFL level, but are then yanked out, you lose that continuity and the next time you go out the nerves will reappear and you'll make mistakes. Then you'll lose your place because if those mistakes. Considering Taylor & a drafted QB will be coming in, at least one of Hogan & Kessler will be released. Hogan's stats are pretty mediocre and his draft notes point out a lot of damaging weaknesses, but to me Kessler is a decent option for a team looking for a backup.

In 2016 (he didn't start a game this season) he had a 6:2 TD to INT ratio with a 65% completion rate. His draft notes are slightly on the negative side, but then again that's from college. I wonder if there's something off-field that's an issue with him, but on-field he seems good enough to be a competent backup. I'm just stunned he didn't get a start this season, even when DeShone Kizer was a turnover machine.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 12th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 23:03 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443182
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dude, no one is going to trade up for Lamar Jackson. If Arizona can't trade up to get one of the other four QBs or if one of them don't fall into their laps, as well as if they can't sign Cousins or another QB in free agency, they will most likely trade back and then draft Jackson. After Baltimore selection - which they won't be using on a QB since they still feel Flacco is sufficient - there aren't too many teams in need of a QB. If this were to happen, they could drop back to like 25th and still get Jackson. At least then they would get something back from trading down, since they are already having to make the desperate move of drafting him.
Matt77 Posted: 02:23 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443185
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Eventually Baltimore have to make a move for a QB. I can't see Ryan Mallet being a franchise QB. Flacco is nearing the end, and apart from a tiny patch of good form towards the end of the season, he was pretty bad. With a good QB they'd be in the playoffs every year and be an outside SB contender.

If Arizona feel they need a QB they may trade up to guarantee the get him. Other teams may not be interested, but they also may be. Arizona don't know. Look what Chicago did to get Trubisky even though SF didn't want a QB. Other teams may make Arizona second guess themselves, much like SF did to Chicago. If Mayfield or Rosen is available at #8 Arizona would surely trade up, so I think they'll make that trade (assuming they can't get #5 or #6) cause it gives them an outside chance to take a quality QB. Correct me if trading draft picks can happen as the draft goes on. But like Baltimore, I feel Arizona are a good QB away from returning to playoffs (David Johnson will be returning too).

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:40 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443186
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, I don't think Cleveland will take Barkley , too risky. They need to ensure they get the best quarterback in the draft, most important player on the field. This is supposed to be the best draft class for quarterbacks since 1983 so they have to get it right. Decent running backs come along all the time and there's a chance Barkley will be available at #4 anyway if the Giants don't pick him up. There's a good chance the Giants will take a quarterback to study under Eli Manning because lets be realistic they are a team rebuilding, they're not making the playoffs even if they had Barkley. Then again the Giants need a lot of help elsewhere so they may do a trade with Buffalo who now have a #12 and #20.

Looks like Case Keenum is going to Denver so there is a possibility now that the Broncos have their quarterback that they will do some kind of trade with Miami for their number #5. I think Keenum going to Denver signals that the Vikings have Cousins or are about to sign him.

#1 Cleveland - Darnold
#2 Buffalo (trade with NY Giants) - Allen
#3 Indianapolis - Chubb
#4 Cleveland - Barkley
#5 Miami (trade with Denver) - Rosen
#6 New York Jets - Mayfield

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 13th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:22 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443187
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You said:They need to ensure they get the best quarterback in the draft, most important player on the field.

Who is the best QB in the draft? Darnold? You've been critical. Allen? Warrior's been critical. Rosen? I've been critical. Mayfield? Not likely. You also say they need to pick the most important player on the field, and if they pick Barkley he will be just that. RB's can be the most important. Elliot at Dallas is an example. When he was suspended Dallas were disgraceful against all opposition except Washington.

Keenum is all but confirmed to be going. I think Denver are making a big mistake. Keenum will likely return to his pre-Vikings form now that he's lost chemistry with teammates. What a way to stab the guy in the back who saved your season and lead you to the NFC Championship game. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Brock Osweiler and Trevor Siemian.

If Rosen's attitude issues can be fixed, or managed, I'd love to see him playing for Miami, which is a decent possibility, but knowing the inept behavior of the Miami Dolphins, those issues won't be fixed. I hope all these trades and releasing of players is actually for a reason.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:39 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443188
Sanzano
+
Matt, to be honest I have absolutely no idea who the best quarterback in the draft is, I keep hearing good and bad things about each of them. For all I know it could be Rudolph Mason. From what I have seen though is none of them look as good as Elway, Kelly, or Marino did when they were in college. I think it's going to be a crapshoot as to which one will be the most successful. As for Barkley, no doubt a great running back but one bad fall like Bo Jackson and he's out the NFL.

The most important position on the field is quarterback and that's were you want your best player, I'll be amazed if the Browns take Barley with the first pick. Put it this way, the teams that win the Super Bowl nearly always have a decent quarterback leading them not a running back, when was the last time a team reached and won a Super Bowl because of a running back? I think it may have been John Riggins in 1982 who rushed for 610 yards in four playoff games.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:27 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443189
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Barkley is the opposite of a risky pick; he is the only sure thing in this whole draft. XD

With Keenum signing with the Broncos, the QB Market is quickly shrinking, and I do not mean there is a shortage. Cousins has to sign. Bradford has to sign. Bridgewater has to sign. Suddenly, there are three less QB needy teams.

Bills could literally be the only team looking to trade up to draft a QB. If Saquon goes number - WHICH WILL BE HAPPENING - Giants should get as much as they can from the Bills for #2. If it was me, I would demand #12, #22, #53, #56, #65 and #93 from them in return for #2. If they choose not to do so, I would trade with the next best team or take the best QB available.
Displaying Page 96 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close