Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Abortion

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 21:49 Jul28 2007 Post ID: 1785308
Flareon Dude_
Post Likes: 0
+
well, you would feel guilty because you just let a killer (who will kill again) live. a traumatic experince as such would cause your mind to go into a state of a weak shock, which would cause you to think irrationally. thus, it would probably take someone to tell you what i said to make you come to realization and become guilt free.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Naraku Posted: 22:18 Jul29 2007 Post ID: 1788973
Naraku
+
I'm all for it, if someone made a mistake they shouldn't have to deal with it for the rest of their life. If you are against abortion, just don't have one. Simple.
Fwank Posted: 07:44 Jul30 2007 Post ID: 1789673
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
It isn't simple as that... I supposed you're a boy?

I was just about to list why it isn't that simple, but then I realized I could just ask you to read what's been said thus far: read it.
Naraku Posted: 15:43 Jul30 2007 Post ID: 1791224
Naraku
+
I'm all man baby.

But seriously, I'll explain that I suppose. I was never really a big fan of people who just say "HEY, you disagree with my opinion, AGREE WITH ME, you are wrong!" like most pro-lifers do. So I like to keep comments on the issue very dumbed down so to speak.
Fwank Posted: 10:10 Jul31 2007 Post ID: 1793370
Fwank
+
That wasn't necessary ST, and I already brought the issue up in staff yonks ago, trust me and don't worry about it.

And bonk me on the head if you want, but I'm deleting it for a good reason D=.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 12:46 Jul31 2007 Post ID: 1793885
Flareon Dude_
+
After recent personal events I have a semi-new opinion on abortion:

If a woman becomes pregnant due to rape or incest, then it should be aborted, no questions asked.

now, the backup-

Incest is just wrong and should just not happen. It's just gross to think about and just sick. i mean seriously, would you really want to have sex with your sister? i idn't think so. Why people do it is just beyond my train of thought, but when it does happen, and you made your sister pregnant with your new baby brother an son, than that just screams out WRONG WRONG WORNG!

As for a rape issue, it's all been said before and I feel there is no need to bump up a topic about 2 pages ago.
I'm gone...
Simple Theory Posted: 15:34 Jul31 2007 Post ID: 1794395
Simple Theory
Forum GuestBanned
+
On 31-Jul-2007 Fwank said:That wasn't necessary ST, and I already brought the issue up in staff yonks ago, trust me and don't worry about it.

And bonk me on the head if you want, but I'm deleting it for a good reason D=.
As long as it's been taken care of- Fine.
Fwank Posted: 04:12 Aug01 2007 Post ID: 1796216
Fwank
+
On 31-Jul-2007 Flareon Dude_ said:After recent personal events I have a semi-new opinion on abortion:

If a woman becomes pregnant due to rape or incest, then it should be aborted, no questions asked.

now, the backup-

Incest is just wrong and should just not happen. It's just gross to think about and just sick. i mean seriously, would you really want to have sex with your sister? i idn't think so. Why people do it is just beyond my train of thought, but when it does happen, and you made your sister pregnant with your new baby brother an son, than that just screams out WRONG WRONG WORNG!

As for a rape issue, it's all been said before and I feel there is no need to bump up a topic about 2 pages ago.
I don't know dude, where is the wrong thing coming from aside from people such as yourself just shoving it down other people's throats that it's wrong?

I see one acceptable and logical reason to rule our incest; because their children end up somewhat retarded... other than that though, I find it hard to argue logically against incest.

It's pretty hard to say that without being seen to have an incest fetish too... hopefully no one got the wrong idea @_@
Devonthepokemaster Posted: 13:47 Aug04 2007 Post ID: 1806442
Devonthepokema
ster
+
On 31-Jul-2007 Flareon Dude_ said:After recent personal events I have a semi-new opinion on abortion:

now, the backup-

Rape: Some women don't want to abort if they are raped, have you ever thought about that?

Incest or inbreeding: They are usually mentally retarded people. If they are your half sister it is still bad but if they are your step sister there is no blood line so it may seem morally wrong, but there is nothing wrong with it in nature. Some people don't know it's their sister or brother. Sometimes they may just be attracted to them, even though it is odd and sounds gross to many it still happens.
Kongboy Posted: 22:40 Aug04 2007 Post ID: 1808185
Kongboy
Post Likes: 1
+
All I Know is that Abortion is wrong because you never know what that child may grow up to be. Maybe that child who was aborted could of found the cure for a dealy disease. Never know what could happen.

Thanks To Vault For The Cool Sig
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 09:27 Aug05 2007 Post ID: 1809028
Flareon Dude_
+
wel, thats just the thing, knogboy. you never really do know who will pop out and do what. they could be a murderer, they could cure cancer. they could find out whatever happened to Amelia Airheart, they could be raped by Michael Jackson.

it's all just a little complicated, but that's just the thing. you never will know, but there are other instances where abortion would be in the best interest.
I'm gone...
supersmash-man! Posted: 22:09 Aug09 2007 Post ID: 1825777
supersmash-man
!
+
well what i think is that , women have the right to do what they want when it comes to this topic , its not that they want to kill the baby , its just it wasn't planned and they might not be ready to have a baby , so i say if they want an abortion , more pwer to them
want some gfx ...come to me
Cross Stinger Posted: 15:18 Aug10 2007 Post ID: 1827560
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
You know, I'm starting to love this forum. It shows me people who are definitely mature and who actually have ideas that make sense when it comes to topics like these.

On the subject of abortion, I'm pro-choice. It doesn't necessarily mean that I'm pro-abortion ? I don't really condone sex outside marriage myself ? but in the cases of those who see sex as a token of trust or entertainment, you still need to have some sort of safety net ready.

Regarding the argument that 'life begins at conception', I find this to be derived from religious or spiritual viewpoint, rather that an economical viewpoint. Some are even wily enough to suggest that each egg borne by the woman is a life ? which would essentially allow menstruation to be construed as murder, and menstruation is bound to happen at least once a month with varying regularity. Also, there is no way someone is going to tot up the number of eggs a woman has at any given time ? which varies ? and add that to population records. A foetus does not officially add to the population until it is born, named, and the birth certificate issued. So when I hear legislation such as the doubling of penalties for slaying a pregnant woman or hitting a pregnant pedestrian, I have to shake my head in disbelief, not just because of the aforementioned population policy but also because the merit of such penalties are also determined by whether that child was actually wanted in the first place.

Another problem with banning abortion or other forms of contraception lies, as has been stated in this thread, with rape or incest. I read an article today about a girl, now going to college, who had fallen pregnant thrice while being raped by her father. I think it wouldn't be fair to any woman in that position (although she eventually kept the third child) to be denied the right to live her life normally in spite of previous abuses. The same applies for someone who was dragged off the street and taken into a dark alley, or someone who (I don't condone this, but it happens) attends a party and falls drunk or passes out.

Most importantly, if a woman is forced to give birth, the chances of that baby growing up to be successful or at least decent are not very good, even if they are put up for adoption. An unwanted child is bound to feel the resent of his or her mother and is likely to turn to crime as an outlet for his stress and misgivings. A baby who is adopted not only tests poorly compared to students who were brought up by their biological parents but also is equally likely to turn to crime to convey his or her misgivings, which for one could be derived from physical differences from the people he or she has grown up with. (This part was taken from Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner, but it's a point I can agree with.)
hunter17ope Posted: 12:20 Aug11 2007 Post ID: 1829894
hunter17ope
+
k
Im neutral on this topic because there are 2 scenario's

1. teen pregency- you get those teens that are gettin that early hormone boost and just want it and they get it. Then they find out there was no protection what should she do? she already knows it comes with 3 huge punishments her parents reaction ,the child and early adulthood (which she has no idea because she is not 21 yet). She has choices get rid of the child before it is born and go back to where she left off as a child but also have a kill in her head and it might crush her and she will have to endure it for the rest of her life ,she can have the child and suffer the changes in her life (drop out of school and get a weak job at minimum wage and try to support her child). if she would heek the child her parents have 2 choices leave the parent to live on her own (rarely see that), or they will help out the parent all they can.

2. rape- being forced into sexual relations. It can happen to all ages and when it happens and there is no protection the outcome is obivious a child. Depending on the attitude of the parent she might have it aborted and have that guilt in her head, or keep it and have the child questioning "who's my dad" in the future. < this only depends on the "father" who raped her a stranger abortion possible, boyfriend or someone she knows, she might keep it.

i think there is more scenarios i havent covered im just thinking about them right now

right now i still neutral i want nothing to do with it unless it becomes my problem and im in the middle of it

its me hunter15shadow but new look and name anyone interested in looking at my WOW account check out my tauren Druid Taurenope
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 00:27 Aug12 2007 Post ID: 1831735
Flareon Dude_
+
well if it ever is your problem, you should at least consider other senarios before you make your decision of your side ofthe topic at hand.
I'm gone...
Devonthepokemaster Posted: 13:50 Aug12 2007 Post ID: 1832809
Devonthepokema
ster
+
I dislike teen pregnancy, because they had the opportunity to not have sex, but they chose to because they're idiots. They just thought it would be "fun", or something like that.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 19:29 Aug12 2007 Post ID: 1833738
Flareon Dude_
+
well no one's an idiot, devon. pregnant teens are most of the time ignorant and believe that they love their partner to have sex with them. then they just say 'screw protection, what's the worst that'll happen?' and then they ruin part of their lives
I'm gone...
Devonthepokemaster Posted: 21:08 Aug12 2007 Post ID: 1833962
Devonthepokema
ster
+
People who have sex at twelve or thirteen years old are idiots, ignorant or not. I have completely changed my mind on this, you should not be able to have an abortion unless you are eighteen years or older, why? This is why:

A lot of teens are going to have sex, it's just the way it is, they think it will be fun or feel really good. While this is true, there is a sex age limit (in most countries) for a reason, and they are supposed to follow that law! You go to jail for statutory rape if you are the older one (usually the guy). Ten years in jail if they convict you! (I heard about this on the news, it apparently happened it the U.S.A., correct me if I am wrong) They think they are in love, but a lot of people think that the true feeling of "love" cannot be felt by people who are under fifteen, while this is just an opinion, it could be true.

Some kids have sex just to "rebel" against "the man" (:p). I don't really have much more to say about that...

Many teenagers have chances to have sex, not all of them (while I shall never get that opportunity, I do not want it, either), but a lot. Most of them choose to take the opportunity, and don't use a condom. They are fools for not using a condom. Either they use a condom, or they don't have sex at all! It's honestly not that worth it to screw up your life!
Cross Stinger Posted: 14:49 Aug13 2007 Post ID: 1836082
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
On 12-Aug-2007 Devonthepokemaster said:People who have sex at twelve or thirteen years old are idiots, ignorant or not. I have completely changed my mind on this, you should not be able to have an abortion unless you are eighteen years or older, why? This is why:

A lot of teens are going to have sex, it's just the way it is, they think it will be fun or feel really good. While this is true, there is a sex age limit (in most countries) for a reason, and they are supposed to follow that law! You go to jail for statutory rape if you are the older one (usually the guy). Ten years in jail if they convict you! (I heard about this on the news, it apparently happened it the U.S.A., correct me if I am wrong) They think they are in love, but a lot of people think that the true feeling of "love" cannot be felt by people who are under fifteen, while this is just an opinion, it could be true.

Some kids have sex just to "rebel" against "the man" (:p). I don't really have much more to say about that...

Many teenagers have chances to have sex, not all of them (while I shall never get that opportunity, I do not want it, either), but a lot. Most of them choose to take the opportunity, and don't use a condom. They are fools for not using a condom. Either they use a condom, or they don't have sex at all! It's honestly not that worth it to screw up your life!
What if the sex wasn't consensual?
Catharsis Posted: 16:28 Aug14 2007 Post ID: 1839201
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
A point I'd like to raise for those who believe abortion should be made illegal: If abortion was to be banned, wouldn't that mean that women who were desperate not to have a baby would attempt it illegally, deliberately causing a miscarriage and potentially causing some serious harm to themselves in the process?

People seem to be under the impression that abortion is some new form of contraception, and women only choose to have an abortion because it's "easy". It's not. From all the accounts I've heard, having an abortion is an incredibly stressful experience for the woman and a difficult decision to make. If they're so determined not to have a child, then doesn't that make it likely that they'll resort to desperate measures if abortion is made illegal?

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Displaying Page 8 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close