Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 125 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 01:54 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446369
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Bad luck Dennis. I was sure you were going to get it this time.

To be honest, tipping Seattle wasn't that brave. In fact, Green Bay were listed as underdogs. I was actually initially going to tip Green Bay, but all these 50/50 games made me go with the home team when in doubt. As I said before the game, Green Bay are winless away from home too. Either team was a risky pick. As for Seattle not doing much recently, what? Last week they traveled and lost 31-36 to the 9-1 Rams. A month before that, they lost 31-33 to the Rams. If you doubt my opinion, look at the teams they've lost to.

Seattle is still a hard place to play at. Look at the fate Green Bay suffered. Their 2 home losses were both LA teams by a combined 10 points. Remember early in the season when I tipped Seattle 3 weeks in a row, and they finally beat Dallas in an upset? That was IN Seattle after they lost 2 away games.

Everyone bought into the storyline that Seattle were absolutely done and doomed for a 6-10 season, but they forgot that Russel Wilson is still a top 8 QB. Seattle at the time had 0 running game, but now they are the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. They also had a bad o-line, but now it's serviceable. Just like how people said Oakland would be playoff contenders, don't buy what the 'experts' say without having a think about it yourself.

And haha, I have heard of Murphey's Law. I knew if I wasn't brave, I would regret it, and as we've seen I would've seriously regretted missing out on 3 games. My plan to catch Warrior is off to a great start. I used to be 10 behind but it's now just 7, and my margin is very close to his. If I keep doing this for the rest of the season, I have a chance.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 02:36 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446370
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
That would be an amazing feat Matt if you could catch him as the guy doesn't make many mistakes. The games he does tend to get wrong are upsets all three of lose on. This week is a good one to gain a couple of games on him due to the matchups that could go either way.

As for Aaron Rogers, I'm beginning to think this guy is overated. He's lost me about four games this season which I picked Green Bay on the strength of his reputation the game yesterday night against Seattle was one of them.

Matt77 Posted: 03:51 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446371
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Rodgers is surrounded by mediocre coaching in a mediocre squad. And while having that cloud over him, he has passed for 19 touchdowns and 1 interception all season. No way is he overrated. If DeShone Kizer was the QB, Green Bay would be 1-9 right now and they would've lost that game 10-34. I mean, a month ago you were explaining how Rodgers is a HOF lock and Brees is unlikely to get in. There's a reason you had that opinion.

I feel quietly confident this week despite so many 50/50s. We both have nothing to lose really. If Warrior does well then he'll still have the lead, but we can gain serious ground if he falters.

Are you going to tip Tampa Bay again? Because I am not, and in games where I haven't and you both have, I am 2-1.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 06:13 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446372
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
A tough week like this could be all it takes for y'all to get back into this. ;)

I'm going with Cincinnati at the moment, to tell of one of my picks, but that's only because both Flacco and Lamar Jackson might not play on Sunday. Flacco is nursing his bruised hip and Lamar Jackson has come down with the stomach flu. If Flacco doesn't play, I'll stick with Bengals. I don't think Jackson is ready for the NFL this year, nor do I think RGIII can get a mediocre Ravens team a win. If Flacco plays, I will probably change.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 16th 2018 »
Matt77 Posted: 06:58 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446373
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
My post got wiped before I could post it cause I pressed backspace when the cursor wasn't inside the text box -_-

Basically the jist was that I heard rumours a few days ago RG3 would start, and if he does, he'll have the perfect opportunity to play well versus a 32nd ranked Cincy D. If he fails though, that's his starter chances gone for the near future. It is possible though; look what Mullens did at home versus an awful D.

I don't think Flacco playing or not makes much difference. Maybe he'll throw 1 less INT, but he has about two 300+ yard games a season. He's not a gamechanger. I actually think RG3 can match Flacco's output. He's had basically 3 full years being injury-free. Why can't he get back to somewhere near his best?
* Remember, his most recent season was at the QB Graveyard.

I will say that I worry about that pick because Cincy are away from home. In a tough week like this, the more home tips the better. Look at Seattle. They arguably should've lost, but homeground advantage meant they didn't get overwhelmed when facing deficits.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 16th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:29 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446374
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think Flacco makes a huge difference in this game. It's gut check time for Cincinnati after being blown out by New Orleans. Washington recovered nicely after the Saints whooped them, and Cincinnati will have to do the same if they have any shot of getting a Wild Card. No offense to RGIII, but his skill set is limited compared to both Flacco and Jackson. Both of them have a better arm than RGIII, and Flacco feels the pressure way better than both. We'll see. Like I said, might still change.
Matt77 Posted: 10:46 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446375
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The difference with Washington's recovery and Cincy's, is that Washington have a defense. Cincy do not. Also Cincy were thrashed AT HOME; Washington were @ NO. I just don't see them doing anything meaningful. Remember too, AJ Green is injured (I don't think he'll be back this week).

That said, it's horrible Baltimore O vs horrible Cincy D.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:12 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446376
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Totally forgot about Green. Just heard Mixon might be out for the Bengals as well. Seriously debating.
Matt77 Posted: 22:30 Nov16 2018 Post ID: 3446377
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Flacco is now listed as doubtful, and the team is staying quiet about who will start. I seriously hope that Baltimore do not start Jackson. He needs more time. Look at the disaster with Darnold starting too soon. I still think it'll be RG3 starting.

You're in a difficult situation, because my advice would be go with the home team when in doubt, but also NEVER change your tips.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 03:50 Nov17 2018 Post ID: 3446378
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I changed to Baltimore even though Flacco most likely isn't playing. The Bengals are just so beat up, so much more than I knew (don't really follow them though). Green is Doubtful. Mixon is playing, but is playing on a tweeked knee. Andy Dalton is, well, Andy Dalton. Their defense is in the toilet this year, and they just lost their fourth (yes, fourth) tight end. Praying home field advantage, no matter who the starting qb is for Baltimore, can get the job done. Doesn't have to be pretty.
Matt77 Posted: 08:03 Nov17 2018 Post ID: 3446379
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
C'mon Cincy! Get the upset now!

I'm cruel I know.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:03 Nov17 2018 Post ID: 3446380
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It's fine if they win. No looking back now. lol

This week is gonna be ugly. XD
Matt77 Posted: 20:55 Nov17 2018 Post ID: 3446382
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I just read, Cincy are 8-2 in the last 10 games against Baltimore... Their last 2 victories were a last-play TD to eliminate Baltimore from the playoffs, and a 34-23 win in primetime.

Ugh, I know. Houston @ Washington will be my ugliest tip.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:33 Nov17 2018 Post ID: 3446385
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Too many toss ups this week. We all just need to survive. XD
Matt77 Posted: 01:15 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446396
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
My strategy is cling onto the home teams for dear life :p

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 13:30 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446398
Sanzano
+
Looks like Washington are going to struggle, Adrian Peterson has rushed for 27 yards in 10 attempts for a whopping 2.7 average. Smith is being chased all over the place, just a matter of time before he get knocked out of the game. It?s the defense and in particular the new tackling machine Ha Ha Clinton Dix that is keeping the game close. I want Washington to win but I won?t be too disappointed if they lose as I tipped the Texans.

I?ve gone for Cincinnati, I thought they were the home team for some reason. This game is up for grabs at the moment, it?s 7-7 in the second quarter. Minnesota vs Chicago should be an interesting game.

Alex Smith has thrown 2 Interceptions and is having a terrible day completing 12 of 27 passes and no Touchdowns. He?s been benched in favour of Colt McCoy who has just thrown a Touchdown pass to give the Redskins the lead. This is a strange game.. Ha Ha Clinton Dix is everywhere, he?s now made 9 tackles and 2 assists, why on earth didn?t the Packers keep him, he?s a quality player.

My luck is terrible, the Bengals have now let the Ravens back in the game. Bengals and Texans both looked like winners 5 minutes ago, you sure that?s not Roger Vick in disguise, the guy?s just run for over 100 yards, first Raven player to do so this season.

Looks like Mayfield and Jackson are going to be the two NFL superstar quarterbacks from the 2018 draft. The others have been disappointing to be honest.

As for your question on Aaron Rogers, he?ll make the Hall of Fame on what he has achieved already. At the moment he doesn?t have the support around him which is doing him no favours and making him overrated in my opinion.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 18th 2018 »

Warrior13 Posted: 16:14 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446399
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Alex Smith was not benched. Looked like he broke his ankle.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:44 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446400
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
News just broke: Alex Smith broke his tibia and fibula.
Sanzano Posted: 16:59 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446401
Sanzano
+
I had a feeling something bad was going to happen when I heard he was scrambling almost every play because he didn?t have his pro bowl guard in front of him. It was a matter of time before they got to him.

Matt77 Posted: 19:37 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446402
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington have the worst injury luck in recent years. But this injury isn't as bad (in terms of Washington's playoff chances) as you'd think. Colt McCoy has been a backup at Washington for 5 years and knows the system as well as anyone. They nearly won the game actually; they scored to go ahead 21-20, and then after Houston kicked the FG they missed a miracle 63-yard one themselves. Next week @ Dallas is literally the division. If Washington win they get a 2-game lead + the tiebreaker, and if Dallas win they will be level and won't be stopped.

Atlanta...again?! First a horrible loss to Cleveland, now an even worse one (considering they were at home) to Dallas?! I hate to say it, but Dallas are clear favourites for the NFC East now...
Cincy did a nice choke of a 21-13 lead, while also missing a game-tying FG. Lamar Jackson rushed for 117 yards!!!
Carolina...oh boy. That is a disgusting loss. And why go for the 2-point conversion? Surely you take an out of form Lions team to overtime? We may actually see Chicago or Seattle in playoffs after all...
Luck has now passed for 3TDs in 7 consecutive games! They destroyed Tennessee 38-10, after Tennessee destroyed NE 34-10 the week before?! And now Indy have taken the spot for predicted #6 seed.
Fitzpatrick got benched after 3 consecutive plays ending in an INT. They nearly won, but ultimately it was too deep a hole to get out of. Eli passed at a 94% completion rate.
Jacksonville did a HUGE choke of their own, letting a 16-0 home lead slip and losing 16-20. The Pittsburgh Dogs are back in full force.
Oakland won a game. Jon Gruden is not going to be happy. This gives Arizona the #1 pick unless they get a win later in the season.
LA Chargers had a classic LA Chargers day, losing AT HOME to Denver by a FG with 3 seconds left... That kills their division chances.
Philly's season is 98% over. They just lost 7-48 to New Orleans... New Orleans have scored 45, 51, and 48 in their last 3 games...

Dennis, unlucky tipping Cincy. You need to stop reading the home/away teams wrong. On the tipping website the team on the left is the home team. On the NFL website the home team is the team on bottom. I lost out with Washington, and we'll see who wins, but Warrior went with Chicago and us Minnesota. Well done both of you for finally listening to me and tipping against Tampa Bay.

Warrior, why did you tip Chicago? Remember your quote? Just take a peek at my signature if ever in doubt.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 18th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 125 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close