Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 277 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:55 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453804
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
So I just did some math and Chase Daniel has made $23,600 per yard thrown lol. That's more than I made in some years.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 19:00 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453805
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I have no idea how he has lasted as long as he has. Lucky, I guess. So many better college QBs since his draft that are not even in the NFL anymore.
steelersrock01 Posted: 00:14 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453806
steelersrock01
+
Must be really good in the QB room or with the scout team or something. He seems well-liked.
Warrior13 Posted: 05:30 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453808
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
He's just so mediocre. XD
Matt77 Posted: 01:35 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453814
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Brilliant trade to begin with by Miami. Then a poor trade to give away their 2022 1st rounder. From what I've read lately, there is now no clear cut best WR between Chase, Smith, & Waddle. Staying put would've been the best option.

Unless, we continue to play 4D chess and wait for a desperate team who wants to jump ahead of Carolina.

Houston have lost big time. They had to trade Watson earlier, but didn't, and now his value has gone down because of off-field issues. He's always been a popular and well-liked member of the team, so it hurts his reputation.

I only have 1 more half-day of work experience, & the mid semester break is coming up soon, so hopefully I will be able to be more active.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 03:16 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453815
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I agree with you Matt, I didn't think the second Miami trade was good either, just gave away a future first round pick for no reason. I would have held on to that and just picked up the best player of need with this years pick. The Dolphins are obviously now giving Tua a year to prove himself and if he is not the guy at least the team will be ready for the next rookie. What worries me with Tua is at Alabama he had four round 1 draft picks to throw to. With that talent available to him it's difficult not to look good.

I still get the feeling the Deshaun Watson is the victim of a smear campaign, the timing of these allegations is too suspicious. It's almost as if the club has said ok, we can't stop you from leaving but we can ruin your marketability so it costs you money, and you will no longer be able to be the face of the franchise of whatever club you go to. You can't tell me nobody knew before these allegations surfaced that nobody knew what the guy was getting up to in his spare time.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:43 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453816
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The second Miami trade wasn't as good as the first, but let's remember a few things. First off, the 2022 Draft is looking pretty weak compared to this draft and the 2023 Draft, explaining why they wanted to keep hold of the their 2023 assets. And as Matt alluded to, there is still the chance that a team will want to jump Carolina, or that Carolina will want to jump to have the guarantee at Fields/Lance should they fall past #4 (or Jones if they panic). This would allow them to gain even more assets from a desperate team while being able to better factor what players could still be available at that later pick. And if worse comes to worse, Miami could stay pat while having the guarantee at Chase/Smith/Waddle, Pitts, or Sewell. A high cost to jump to #6, but I see it as a win regardless (just not as great as one, unless able to fall back again and gain more capital, as the 49ers Trade).
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:05 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453817
steelersrock01
+
So the report now is that the 49ers traded up to get Mac Jones because they love him. That would potentially leave Fields or Lance available at 7 for the Lions if they see Goff as a stopgap, or potentially the Panthers at 8. And the Panthers could always move up.

Idk about the Watosn thing being a smear campaign. It doesn't benefit the team at all. Why would his own team do it and tank his trade value?
Warrior13 Posted: 12:03 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453820
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I seriously doubt they traded up for Jones. If they did, they're quite dumb. They likely could've stayed put at #12 and got him. At the very most, they could've traded up to #6 with Philly and locked in getting him for half the cost of jumping to three. If both Fields and Lance fall to Miami at #6, they will easily trade down again and stock up on more picks. As you just stated, Mike, the Lions could be a sleeper team to draft a QB if some of them fall, and that would basically force the Broncos (and the Panthers to a lesser extent) to trade with Miami. Still would be a win/win for Miami as they would gain more picks while still getting aq great player.

In order for both Fields and Lance to fall to #6, things would have to fall sort of like this:
1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
3) Jones
4) Pitts
5) Sewell

If that were to happen, let's assume the Broncos trade up:
6) Lance
7) Chase
8) Fields

In this scenario, Miami would still be able to land either Smith or Waddle.

Basically the same thing if the Panthers jump to #6 with Lance and Fields on the board. Unless, of course, if the Lions go QB since one of the top four is there. If that were to happen Miami would have their pick of the WRs as it would look like this:
1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
3) Jones
4) Pitts
5) Sewell
6) Lance
7) Fields

Jones going third and the Falcons passing on a QB would be a dream scenario for Miami, all the more so if the Panthers want to jump to #6 with Miami. There's only one more scenario that would be better for the Phins, but it would be quite crazy:
1) Lawrence (Jags)
2) Wilson (Jets)
3) Jones (49ers)
4) Pitts (Falcons)
5) Sewell (Bengals)
6) Lance (Panthers)
7) Chase (Lions)

At that point, Miami would be out of Pitts, Sewell and Chase. It might seem like all is lost, but it might be a blessing in disguise. Miami could fall back one to #9 and gain an extra 3rd from the Broncos, or they could drop much further to either #17 (Raiders) or #19 (Redskins). They would likely get a 2022 1st and an extra 3rd from moving from #6 to #8 since the Panthers would be desperate in this scenario. But if they then dropped to #17 or #19, they would easy get a 2022 & 2023 1st Rounders from either the Raiders or Redskins. That would see Miami with Picks #18 & #17/#19, which they would still get value for as most of the Edge Rushers should still be available. Additionally, they would like have the following future draft capital: 2022 1st (49ers), 2022 1st (Panthers), 2022 1st (Raiders/Redskins), 2023 1st (Miami), 2023 1st (49ers), 2023 1st (Raiders/Redskins).

Crazy future amount of picks, but a crazy scenario would have to happen.
Sanzano Posted: 10:01 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453823
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
No way have the 49rs traded up for Mac Jones. They stated after they did the trade with Miami they are happy with Wilson, Fields, or Lance. They said they would take whichever one of those three is available when it was their turn to pick.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:22 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453824
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm hearing more and more that the 49ers will be selecting Jones at #3. Could be a smokescreen like most rumors around this time, but when there is this much smoke there's usually a fire. If they do, per reports, it's because they were nervous the Panthers would have taken him at #8. Sounds like they would've traded up to the #4-#7 range, but they were scared that the Panthers would just leapfrog them by trading with Miami, so they decided just to jump all the way #3 so they can get their guy. Again, it is sounding like that person is Mac Jones (especially since the 49ers will be going to his second Pro Day today and not Justin Fields').

This would be a dream scenario for Miami as I posted above, all the more so if the Falcons go with Pitts or Sewell as some are beginning to mock to them. Miami might be able to sucker another team into giving up loads of picks to draft the QB they like best. Love it.

Watch out for the Redskins and Bears if these QBs begin to fall on draft night. I'm hearing they might make a late push to nab one of them.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 30th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:52 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453826
steelersrock01
+
Justin Fields stock is falling because of concerns with his throwing motion, and I think he's drawing comparisons to Haskins as a black Ohio State QB despite not having a similar play style. Wouldn't surprise me now if he falls to the Panthers or the Bears/Washington makes a move for him.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:28 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453827
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
People think he locks in on his first option too much as well, making them fearful he will be a pick machine. Lawrence does it too, but he is far gifted elsewhere to make up for it.

I would draft Fields without the concern of what Haskins became. Haskins was a one year wonder; Fields is proven, just had a difficult year. Dude ran a 4.44 earlier, which would have been second fastest ever for a QB at the combine, and he is 6-3 225lbs. He just finished throwing, and he was on absolute fire. Has something to prove. Could be a steal.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:36 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453828
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Waddle and Smith did not work out again, but Smith ran some routes for Jones. Mac looked good, some throws better than others. Can throw 65+, but missed a few. Seems like a lot of people missed Fields putting up one of the best Pro Days to watch Jones being himself and doing what everyone expects of him.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:59 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453829
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
NFL extends schedule to 17 Games. We all saw that coming.

Interesting. Should be different. Super Bowl pushed back a week, all next year Draft functions pushed back a week, and final week not divisional rivals. I'm sure they will mix it up years from now, probably more international games. That would be nice as it should make things fair for all teams, make each extra game an international so all have to play one, and maybe rotate between Mexico, Canada and London.

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:19 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453830
steelersrock01
+
Gonna be real weird seeing teams go 10-7 and 8-9. Bleh. Within 10 years they will have the 18 game regular season the owners want.

Londom seems much less fair than Mexico or Canada but I can see it happening. Mexico especially. THe poor Jags will be happy they aren't the only team suffering in London anymore.

Currently the schedule for the 17th game is you play the opposite conference against an opponent in a predetermined division that finished in the same spot as you, much like how they do the other 2 games in your conference. So the schedule is:

6 x your division
4 x another division in your conference
4 x a division in the other conference
2 x teams in your conference in the other 2 divisions that finished in the same division spot as you
1 x division in the other conference, same spot as you

For this 17th game this year the AFC will get the home games, and alternate next year. I'd like to see them change it so that you play the same seed from the opposite conference. I feel like we don't get enough high profile regular season games and seeing the Bills play the Saints is probably more fun than seeing the Bills play Washington (no offense meant).
Warrior13 Posted: 18:42 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453831
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Packers/Chiefs and Steelers/Seahawks should be good though.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:21 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453832
steelersrock01
+
True. I just think it's gonna be lame when we get the inevitable 16-1 vs 9-8 and 15-2 vs 10-7 matchups when there's potential for those elite teams to play the true top teams in the other conference. Plus it would create all kind of additional storylines for the playoffs.

Maybe I'm making a mountain and of a mole hill. The current system is mostly fine.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:05 Mar31 2021 Post ID: 3453834
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
At least they matched up to teams with corresponding division places. Sure, Bills will probably face a eight or nine win NFC East Club in the Redskins, but Chiefs and Packers should be twelve wins plus each. Steelers and Seahawks will probably both be double digit win clubs as well by that time, unless they suddenly begin to crumble. Dolphins/Giants could be good, but only if they live up to their potential. Most of the 3vs3 and 4vs4 will be horrible to watch though.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 31st 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 13:13 Mar31 2021 Post ID: 3453835
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Jesus...

WR Chase: 41 inch vertical, ran 4.38
WR/TE Pitts: 10-9 Broad, ran 4.45
WR Toney: 11-4 Broad, ran 4.40

CB Marci Wilson (mid/late round): 43.5 vert, ran 4.37
Displaying Page 277 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close