Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 320 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 09:32 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455626
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Quarterbacks these days are lightwieghts, they wouldn't have survived long in the 70s and 80s when defenders were able to hit them as hard as they wanted to when they tackled them. When I see all-time passing records being broke now they to me aren't the record, if the likes of Montana, Fouts, Stabauch, Bradshaw, and Stabler were playing under the same rules as today they would wreck havok.

Raiders are looking decent, I can't see Miami bouncing back by beating them, especially if Tua isn't playing. Andy Dalton injury is a bit suspect, he was probably told to stay down so Justin Fields could start in Chicago. Dalton is officially listed as going down to 'a non-contact injury', what the hell is that supposed to mean???

Big Ben already looking for excuses, its only week 3.

Antonio Brown I feel confident will be on the field Sunday, its probably the Bucs playing mind games with the Rams.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:49 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455627
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Dalton did something to his knee scrambling out of bounds. Reports say the MRI shows a bone bruise.

Big Ben always does this song and dance. Gets "hurt" at some point during the previous game, then dances around whether or not he's playing the next game until the last possible moment. He always plays unless it's something requiring surgery. At this point I'm convinced they do it to try and throw off the other teams.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:52 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455628
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Daltons injury looked like an achilles injury at first, but they said knee. I cannot see how it is just a bruise since he was not hit on the play. You have to think ligament damage.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:40 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455629
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Jets have highest odds to earn #1 Pick. Hilarious.
Sanzano Posted: 17:00 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455630
Sanzano
+
Yes, I find that funny as well, are they going to select another quarterback to ruin or do they trade back. It will get to a point where quarterbacks coming out of college will refuse to play for them. It almost happened with Trevor Lawrence last year. If I was putting together an NFL team the last piece of the puzzle would be the quarterback not the first. What?s the point of having the best quarterback in college and you can?t protect him.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:49 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455631
steelersrock01
+
You need to build the trenches first. All the successful teams have strong offensive lines and pass rushers.

A player refusing to play for his drafted team isn't unheard of. Elway, Eli Manning, and Bo Jackson did it. You kind of need to have a name, or be a generational talent, or have a story, for it to work in the court of public opinion, but it can be done.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:55 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455632
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would assume the Jets would draft OT Neal (Alabama) or DE Thibadeaux (Oregon) if they end up with the #1 Overall Pick. That or trade out with a tram that wants QB Rattler (Oklahoma).

Panthers winning but had many losses thus far. McCaffery went down to with hamstring injury, and 1st Round Pick Horn seems to have ruptured his achilles or jacked his ankle severely.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:26 Sep23 2021 Post ID: 3455633
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Panthers win as expected. McCaffery went down to Hamstring, Horn to Broken Foot. That could hurt them.
Sanzano Posted: 01:09 Sep24 2021 Post ID: 3455634
Sanzano
+
Darnold is looking good, I wish Washington had of traded for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Washington traded with the Jets in order to get Rattler, they'd be going from probably pick 11-19 up to 1. But saying that there is now a belief that Hienecke is the man, I don't see it myself, I think he will just be another Gardner Minshew and get traded when Washington get their prized rookie quarterback.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:02 Sep24 2021 Post ID: 3455635
steelersrock01
+
Heinecke is alright, but he's clearly just a bridge QB. Plus he's already 28.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:07 Sep24 2021 Post ID: 3455636
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm not sure if the Redskins would jump from the teens to #1. They have been gun shy ever since RGIII fell apart. Luckily, there are a few QBs that could go in the first. After the first couple of weeks of College Football, it sounds like Rattler, Howell, Corral, and Willis are favored to go in the 1st.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:51 Sep24 2021 Post ID: 3455637
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Josh Gordon reinstated again.

Who do you think, if any, will roll the dice on him?

I would have to think Bucs, but only if Brady wants him. Other than that, I am drawing a blank. Packers, maybe? They could use a #2.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 24th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:48 Sep25 2021 Post ID: 3455638
Sanzano
+
Bucs are looking like the best team in the league after two games. Kansas have looked a bit shaky on defense and I?m not convinced the Rams are legit just yet, have to wait until I see how the do against the Bucs before I decide. Makes you wonder what Stanford could have achieved if he had of been drafted by a decent team.

There?s talk of the Jaguars going 0-17, they are that bad. I didn?t realise Lawrence runs a 4.4 40.

Is Tua playing against the Raiders? I expect Washington to lose against the Bills, just wondering by how much, the defense hasn?t shown up this season for some reason.

So it?s looking like another four quarterbacks will be going in the first round in 2022, Washington will definitely grab one I would have thought, Kyle Allen is history, he can?t even beat out Heinecke who is one of these guys who is terrible during practice but plays out of his skin on gameday.

Matt77 Posted: 03:27 Sep25 2021 Post ID: 3455640
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Josh Gordon has burned too many chances. From memory, he's screwed up twice when he was supposedly back and ready to start fresh. Maybe a team in win-now mode can sign him up, but he's likely to be suspended this season or next season.

I don't understand why the o-line is so neglected in the draft and free agency. So many of the poor teams have had o-lines, and it translates to poor play and poor QB play. If you have an above average o-line, your RBs have more time and space to make breaks, and your QB has more time to throw the ball more accurately and make the right decision. That should be the VERY FIRST position that gets improved by a poor team.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:23 Sep25 2021 Post ID: 3455641
steelersrock01
+
This is actually like the 4th time this happened for Gordon, and he's been suspended like 6 times overall. I can see the Jets, Lions, Dolphins, Packers, and Bears taking a flyer on him. In years past he was talented enough to be a top WR, I'm not sure how much he has left now. It's incredible to me how many chances this guy has been given. It seems like the only time he can stay clean is when he's not playing football.

Tua is not playing this week. No way the Jags go 0-17, they are not that bad.

O-Line gets neglected in the NFL because it gets neglected at the lower levels of play too. Warrior is probably a better source than me, but I've heard that coaches at the college and lower level aren't teaching NFL-style blocking technique and instead are focusing on developing pass rushers. If you look at guys coming out of the most recent drafts, very few are NFL starting caliber. It's not that they aren't drafted, they just don't come out of college good enough to block these monster hyper-athletic pass rushers that have become super prominent. Plus, blocking is hard and not sexy and premium NFL lineman are very expensive.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:39 Sep25 2021 Post ID: 3455642
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Tua to IR. Out at least three games. Likely three loses against the Raiders, Colts and Bucs.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:19 Sep25 2021 Post ID: 3455644
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I saw one of the craziest plays in college football today, and I have a feeling the NFL will be stealing it soon enough. Formation sees a WR outside of each hash marks with another in the slot on the left side. QB is in the shotgun with, yes, a FB to his left. RB is lined up directly behind QB, and the QB sends him in motion to the left. Ball is snapped while RB is still moving into the flat, both WRs out wide run go routes. QB RPOs the FB, but keeps the ball. QB then fakes throw to RB in the flat as Slot WR is sweeping back, doing a Statue of Liberty handoff around his back to Slot WR. Slot WR than ran behind the FB blocking the way, ultimately scoring a TD. It was insane. I can see the Chiefs easily doing this with Kelce, Edwards-Elaire and Hill.
Sanzano Posted: 03:43 Sep26 2021 Post ID: 3455645
Sanzano
+
Sounds like a complicated flea-flicker that relies on misdirection. I think you will be seeing more plays like this implemented into team's game plans. The quarterbacks in the modern game are a lot more mobile than in previous decades, and multitasking them opens up other opportunities in the game.

At the moment a DE end is deemed more valuable than an offensive lineman, I bet you this changes in the years to come when plays like the one Warrior13 described become frequently used in an NFL game. Protecting the quarterback, especially an elite one, becomes the number one priority.

Looks like Miami are losing their next three games, they are average with Tua and hopless with their backup. Raiders and Bucs are playing well and the Colts are tough to beat anyway.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 26th 2021 »

Matt77 Posted: 07:31 Sep26 2021 Post ID: 3455646
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
We'll be 1-4 very soon, and given how competitive the AFC is, playoffs will be gone. You never want your team to lose games (unless you're the 2019/20 Jaguars or Jets), but it would benefit us if we could get a top 10 pick for the draft.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:14 Sep26 2021 Post ID: 3455647
steelersrock01
+
The Eagles will be running that play very soon...
Displaying Page 320 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close