Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 347 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 00:54 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456781
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I have according to the site 10 upset wins next week. I may have to gamble on a couple of games to prevent picking the same as Matt who has a two game lead over me.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 10:08 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456784
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Hmm, seems my bad internet didn't save the post I made earlier. Basically it was about Antonio Brown getting sacked, and walking off the field in a tantrum when Tampa Buy trailed 14-28 to NY Jets.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:03 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456785
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, AB needs some help.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:35 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456789
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I have no idea how many upsets I will have this week, but I pretty much have my road map laid out.
Sanzano Posted: 14:56 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456790
Sanzano
+
I have no idea what Antonio Brown was thinking, I've never seen that kind of behaviour before from a top professional athlete, the guy literally took his shirt off and went home. I think he needs help, he has lost touch with reality.

Matt77 Posted: 04:22 Jan04 2022 Post ID: 3456794
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Wow, you all took the Pittsburgh 'upset' win. That now brings Dennis to within 1 game of tieing me, and 2 games of winning in the regular season. I didn't trust either team. Looking back, I'm not sure why I didn't do the 'when in doubt tip the home team' logic. It also brings Warrior back to within 3 of tieing.

Game on Anxious

Half the Miami fanbase has now given up on Tua and suddenly want us to trade for Watson again. Just crazy behaviour. Firstly, Watson will cost us 2-3 first round picks. Secondly, he may not even play in the NFL again. Thirdly, he hasn't played an NFL game in over a year and may not regain his old form. Fourthly, it is likely that he did sexually assault those women, and why would you want someone like that in your organisation?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 05:04 Jan04 2022 Post ID: 3456795
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I had the Browns originally, but after they were eliminated from the playoffs, I switched.

Last time I checked, the Miami Defense surrendered 34 points to the Titans. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:35 Jan04 2022 Post ID: 3456796
steelersrock01
+
Well, it is harder to stop an offense when you lose a fumble and throw an interception in your own territory, have to punt from deep in your own territory, and fail to convert it on 4th down twice. All of those drives lead to points, and 3 of them basically started the Titans in field goal position. Let's not pretend the offense and Tua are entirely blameless.
Sanzano Posted: 17:02 Jan04 2022 Post ID: 3456797
Sanzano
+
I only picked Pittsburgh because it was Ben Rothesburger's last game at home and I figured the Steelers would play hard for him so he didn't leave there on a loss. Mayfield was hopeless, I lost count the number of times he got sacked. Not surprised the Browns don't know what to do with him.

The Washington Football Team gets it's new name 2/2/22. I've seen a leak, it's going to be the Washington Commanders. I don't like it, it looks corny, reminds me of the USFL teams of the early 80s.

Warrior13 Posted: 18:56 Jan04 2022 Post ID: 3456798
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: Statistically a bottom five OL and Rush Game. No QB is going to fare well with that. Even Russell Wilson is struggling under the same problems with the Seahawks. Tua is not the issue.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 4th 2022 »
Sanzano Posted: 19:20 Jan04 2022 Post ID: 3456799
Sanzano
+
Tua �s putting up good stats, problem is he is not willing to take risks and it is making him look mediocre. Colin Cowherd says he has a very low ceiling and will never be a top quarterback, I personally disagree, I think he can be better than the likes of Stafford, Gof, Mayfield, Jones, Prescott, and Cousins.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:37 Jan05 2022 Post ID: 3456800
steelersrock01
+
Warrior: Agreed, Tua is not the problem or even a problem. The team has much bigger concerns on offense than him.

Commanders would be really lame, considering it's a lower rank than Admiral and General and also sounds dumb. Although the Washington Generals are the team that loses to the Harlem Globetrotters, so they'll avoid that. I've seen some rumors it'll be Red Tails, a reference to a squad of Black fighter pilots in WW2 - which to me is pandering but is a potentially cool name with nice options for theming. I've also heard of Warthogs, but I hope it's not that, seems more like a minor league baseball team name.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:55 Jan05 2022 Post ID: 3456801
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: I completely agree with you. Tua can't really take the big throws because most defenses are blitzing that weak O-Line to death, and that makes the yard-per-average extremely low. The Phins have to do a better job drafting O-Lineman, or no QB will ever be the answer for them.

Mike: I'm hoping for anything but Football Team. It's not the worst thing ever, but they need a nickname/mascot. I liked RedWolves or Wolves, but they passed on it because of legality issues. Redtails would be fine for me too. But I really think they are going to keep it what it is since they said their new uniforms will be pretty basic.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:41 Jan05 2022 Post ID: 3456802
steelersrock01
+
I heard some news that it a was going to Admirals. Meh. That would be fine I guess. I saw they teased new uniforms on Twitter, still keeping the burgundy and gold, but one image showed a black helmet. Maybe they'll have some sort of new scheme for an alternate or color rush.
Matt77 Posted: 08:14 Jan06 2022 Post ID: 3456803
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The story now is that Tampa Buy forced Antonio Brown to play while heavily injured, and even with strong pain killers he was still in pain on the field. When he said he physically couldn't play any more, he was threatened with being sacked. So he had enough.

Not sure whether to believe him or not. It actually sounds sort of believable, but he has also acted out many times in the past. We will wait and see.

Things aren't looking the best for Miami right now. TE Mike Gesicki openly criticised the OC's gameplan (or lack of gameplan), and Tua seems disinterested when asked what he thought of the upcoming free agency period. Meanwhile there are several reports stating that we are going to try trade for Watson again in the offseason. Please no. I'm not sure I can support Watson unless we get clarity on what he has or hasn't done.

The thing with Tua was that before his hip injury, he was one of the best prospects seen in years. People (including Warrior) were talking about Tua for years before the draft. Given that he successfully recovered from his hip injury and has never re-injured it, we should be looking at Tua as that same huge prospect. At the time Miami were right to draft Tua, as he was a better prospect than Herbert.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 6th 2022 »

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:11 Jan06 2022 Post ID: 3456805
steelersrock01
+
AB is mess. He's trying to spin it so he looks good and the team look like monsters, but he's got no credibility. Then he posts a tweet calling out Tom Brady and Brady's trainer guy for "stealing his 100k" when the image in the tweet shows the guy offering him his money back. And he posts his own routing and banking info. I don't know how you can try dragging Tom through the mud when he let you live in his house and gave you this shot and you won a SB with him.

AB has no credibility, but I wouldn't be surprised if him being encouraged to play hurt and given painkillers was broadly true for a lot of the guys in the league. It's not exactly a secret that they get shot up with all kinds of stuff, and there's a difference between being "injured" and being "hurt" for these teams.
Sanzano Posted: 11:28 Jan06 2022 Post ID: 3456808
Sanzano
+
I heard the reason Antonio Brown had a meltdown was because Brady wasn't throwing the ball to him like he did the previous week where he had 15 catches.

If the Dolphins get Watson then I think Washington will offer a second round pick and Daron Payne for Tua.I hope that happens, Tua behind the Washington Offensive line and McLarin as a target he could suddenly flourish. I know for a fact Rivera likes Tua.

Oh no, I'm seeing Admirals now too. Three stars and an anchor for a logo. I didn't know Washington was known for it's navy. I don't like this at all.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 6th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:09 Jan06 2022 Post ID: 3456809
steelersrock01
+
I don't think it is known for the navy especially. There is a big Navy museum there, but I think it's more to do with the capital's teams always being something vaguely military or patriotic - Nationals, Capitals, I guess the Wizards doesn't fit, they used to be the Bullets which fits DC lol. There was also the Senators in baseball historically. I guess Admirals kind of fits but it is pretty boring and generic.
Sanzano Posted: 16:02 Jan06 2022 Post ID: 3456810
Sanzano
+
When you look at the 7 final names it becomes pretty obvious it's going to be the Admirals. It's not going to be the Washington Football team or anything to do with wolves because off copyright issues. That leaves Redhogs, Commanders, Admirals, and Redwings.

After Ron Rivera said he loved the New name it pretty much gave it away. Ron Rivera's father was in the navy and riverboat Ron was brought up on navy bases so I guess the name appeals to him. I personally don't like none of the names, none of them conjures up heroic images when you say them like Raiders, Cowboys, and Buccaneers. Admirals does nothing for me.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:04 Jan06 2022 Post ID: 3456811
steelersrock01
+
I'd bet money on it not being Redwings either, considering the hockey team
Displaying Page 347 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close