Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 11 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 04:15 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450111
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Tua's not falling that far. Since there can be no pro days anymore, there's no possible way for Tua's stocks to fall. Miami will trade up to pick 3 and take Tua. Interestingly, if the season is postponed, Tua's hip will heal even better and Miami may be tempted to start him from day 1. They shouldn't, but teams get reckless with rookie QBs and throw them to the wolves more often than not.

A few days ago, I said:It still remains to be seen what will happen with the following QBs:
Rosen
Dalton
Foles
Brisset
Carr
Flacco
Haskins
Newton
Winston
Trubisky

Rosen will stay at Miami as the 3rd-string QB. There are limited options for him.
Dalton to Jacksonville - Stab in the dark. He'd be one of the best backup QBs in the league, and is more than capable of starting.
Brisset will stay at Indy - He's proved that he's also one of the best backup QBs.
Carr to New England - NE can identify talent, and they'll get Carr for a bargain. The dynasty may continue.
Haskins will stay as the starter and Washington will not draft a QB.
Newton to Washington - With limited options left, I can see Newton reunited with Rivera for some stability.
Winston to Pittsburgh - Also stab in the dark. Big Ben will start next season, but you'd think he'll retire after. Tomlin isn't a fan of Rudolph, and Pittsburgh can evaluate Winston for a season and decide whether he can tone his turnovers down.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 22nd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:34 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450114
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Dennis: Like Matt said, there is NO WAY Tua isn't drafted in the TOP (most likely Top 3). It simply won't happen any other way.

Matt:
1) I think the Pats might want Rosen, but do you really give him to an divisional rival? You only do that if you now believe that Rosen won't amount to much, or at least you don't hope he will. It's a risk when the Pats still have McDaniels as their OC. They'd have to give us at least a 3rd Rounder for Rosen, which I don't see happening. Perhaps the Bucs to groom behind Brady?

2) I don't see Dalton going to the Jags. I think the most likely place for him will be the Pats. If he's willing to be a backup -- not likely -- more teams will be interested. Maybe the Broncos to backup Lock, or even the Titans to sit behind Tannehill.

3) Brissett will likely remain with the Colts, especially with Rivers only signing through next year. Of course, the Pats might trade back for him to give a Veteran to go alongside Stidham.

4) I don't see the Raiders giving up on Carr this year unless they shock us all by trading up for Tua or Herbert. If they don't, I think they will stick with Carr through next year, hoping to somehow get Lawrence by trading up.

5) Haskins will remain with the Redskins. If they draft Tua, perhaps the Bucs might want to groom him behind Brady with Arians as his coach.

6) Cam is in a difficult spot. No team can give him a physical to see where his health is currently at because of the flu hysteria. He'll most likely be released because of this same reason. I could see the Chargers signing him if they do trade up for Tua. I can also see him going to the Skins if they don't believe in Haskins or the Pats as the Veteran option.

7) Winston will have no choice but to be a backup. Of course, the Pats are in play with him as well for a Veteran Option. You're thoughts about him going to the Steelers is interesting. He would definitely be better than any of their other options at Backup QB.

8) Are the 49ers just gonna keep Mullins and Beathard on their roster for two straight years? I'm sure a number of teams would be interested in each of those two. Just saying.
Matt77 Posted: 09:34 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450115
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh man, I forgot about those two. It seems implausible given the number of rants I've posted about Mullens being a possible starter, but there you go. Both can play to a similar level but Mullens is a proven winner, even against quality opposition, whereas Beathard fell just short in those type of games. I'd say they'll keep Mullens as a reliable backup who knows the SF system well and let CJ go for a 6th rounder.

Dalton keeps popping up as an option in New England, but if Carr is available surely they have to pounce. If he isn't, then Dalton probably goes there. Dennis has a point about the marketing for the new team. Las Vegas need to create a buzz around the team, since they will have lost an entire fanbase geographically. As good as I think Carr is, he's not that marketable. I don't think they should draft Love, but I think it will happen.

Winston to New England was my initial prediction before I remembered Carr. If anyone can save Winston's career, it's Belichick. Plus there's that lazer eye surgery he finally had. Everyone talks about the 30INTs, but there was also 33TDs and 5000 yards. There is a player in there.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:01 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450118
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think both Mullins and Beathard can be quality starters if they have a good team around them. I personally like Beathard a little more simply because he has more potential with his arm. Mullins has won a little more, but Beathard was a proven winner in college. Don't think a lot of his teammates really cared for him either and thus effected how well they played around him, especially after Garappollo came to town.

Could you imagine if either were on the Cowboys with that OL & Zeke + Cooper? I'm sure they would put up similar numbers to Dak. lol
Matt77 Posted: 10:15 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450119
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well in a not-so talented team Mullens beat Seattle in overtime and Beathard so nearly beat Green Bay (away) and LA Chargers. Dak NEEDS above average players around him so that he can do well. So absolutely.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:58 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450121
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I guess we'll find out soon enough if the Niners roll with three QBs once again. They tendered Mullins like a week ago, so Beathard will be the odd man out if they do decide to only go with two this year.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:15 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450124
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Penultimate Mock Draft

Not gonna keeping waiting to post for Clowney. Looks like he's going back to the Seahawks at this point anyway; they've offered him 18.5 million a year.

Let me know what you two think. I'll stay on the lookout for your guys' next mock drafts. Please no trade predictions. If you need to view mine to get a sense of who's going in the 1st Round, please feel free to do so. But I'm sure you each have an idea of the Top 32 Selections by now. If not, I added a list of all the prospects that I know that COULD possibly go in the 1st Round. I also have added the new Draft Order. ;)

New Draft Order (FYI)
Cincinnati
Washington
Detroit
New York Giants
Miami
Los Angeles Chargers
Carolina
Arizona
Jacksonville
Cleveland
New York Jets
Las Vegas
San Francisco
Tampa Bay
Denver
Atlanta
Dallas
Miami
Las Vegas
Jacksonville
Philadelphia
Minnesota
New England
New Orleans
Minnesota
Miami
Seattle
Baltimore
Tennessee
Green Bay
San Francisco
Kansas City

1st Round Possible Prospects
Quarterbacks:
Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love

Running Backs:
D'Andre Swift
Jonathan Taylor

Wide Receivers:
Jerry Jeudy
CeeDee Lamb
Henry Ruggs
Justin Jefferson
Laviska Shenault
Jalen Reagor
Tee Higgins
Brandon Aiyuk
Chase Claypool

Tight Ends:
Albert Okwuegbunam

Offensive Tackles:
Jedrick Wills
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
Andrew Thomas
Austin Jackson
Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Isaiah Wilson

Interior Offensive Linemen:
Shane Lemieux (Guard)
Solomon Kindley (Guard)
Tyler Biadasz (Center)
Lloyd Cushenberry (Center)

Defensive Edge Rushers:
Chase Young
AJ Epenesa
Yetur Gross-Matos
K'Lavon Chaisson
Jon Greenard
Bradley Anae

Defensive Tackles:
Derrick Brown
Javon Kinlaw
Ross Blacklock
Justin Madubuike
Raekwon Davis

Linebackers:
Isaiah Simmons
Kenneth Murray
Patrick Queen
Zack Baun

Cornerbacks:
Jeff Okudah
CJ Henderson
Damon Arnette
Trevon Diggs
Cameron Dantzler
AJ Terrell
Noah Igbinoghene

Safety:
Xavier McKinney
Grant Delpit
Antoine Winfield

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 22nd 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 08:06 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450132
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Looks like I made it to the Big Time! jk XD

Matt77

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 23rd 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 12:09 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450135
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well they don't just list the new mocks automatically. They obviously like your work Cool

Here we are - https://walterfootball.com/...ck/70225. Keep in mind that I know Grant Delpit deserves to be in the 1st round and that Jeff Gladney is a reach. But I had very little choices when it came to those issues.

And as usual I published mine before reading yours. So here it your feedback Lonely God:

- A mainly sensible mock as usual, however you have gone out on a limb at times
- Chaisson to Dallas is strange. In fact, it's basically what I did in Feb when I sent him to CB-needy Jacksonville. And at the time we both agreed that it was a rash decision Whistle
- Philly really need a WR. Wentz can't play hero for another season with 0 WRs reaching 400 yards
- I see you copied my Epenesa pick from Feb Dancing
- I haven't heard much about Arnette, Greenard, & Dantzier apart from seeing their names in your prospect list you posted. Not saying they're bad picks (they're probably smart ones), I just don't know anything about them

Interestingly enough, we had the following picks identical: 1, 2, 3*, 5*, 7, 9, 15, 18, 20, & 27.

I also posted a comment on your mock, so hopefully it gains more attention...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 23rd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:57 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450136
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt77

You forgot to Publish your Mock Draft. Can't see. :(

My thoughts on your feedback:

1) Chassion going to Dallas is actually gaining traction. Your last NFL.com Mocker had him going there. The Senior Analyst on Walterfootball.com also has Chassion going to Dallas now (and he posted his mock after mine). Dallas really wanted Clowney to go with Lawrence, but they simply couldn't pay him anywhere near what he wanted.

2) I know Philly really needs a WR, but I went Safety because Delpit seemed of better value. Perhaps my final Mock will have the Eagles getting a WR. lol

3) Yeah, really had no choice but to. He fits the Pats so perfectly, and I really think they are going to go with Stidham this year.

4) I didn't know anything about them until the combine. Most people seem to have Arnette as the third best CB now. Dantzler looks to be either a late 1st Rounder or high 2nd Rounder from most reports. Greenard is the fourth best Edge Rusher, and the need for most teams will likely see him go at the end of the 1st Round or high in the 2nd Round.
Matt77 Posted: 23:54 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450143
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I did publish the mock a few times last night, but try this one now - https://walterfootball.com/...k/70225/. I also updated it by removing Love and instead LV drafting Diggs, allowing Delpit to go to Jacksonville.

EDIT - I just noticed my NE and Miami write-ups are a bit inaccurate after I edited my mock, but I don't want to go back and change it in case it doesn't publish again.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 24th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:36 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450147
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here Are My Thoughts:

1) Again, we don't need to predict trades when we are giving a point for correct team or pick number. XD

2) I'm surprised you're sticking with Wills to the Giants at #4. Everyone has them going either with Becton or Wirfs as far as I know. You've got guts.

3) I really can't see the Jets drafting an OL in the 1st after they signed/resigned like four different OL in Free Agency. I get the guys they signed aren't that great, but I think they think they filled the need. lol

4) If Lamb or Jeudy are available at #13, I do believe the Niners will draft them. It all depends what the Jets ultimately do.

5) I'm surprised you went defense for the Buccaneers. Even if all the OL are off the board, I would've thought you would've went with RB Swift (like many are doing).

6) I can't see the Falcons drafting an Edge Rusher at #16. They just signed Donta Fowler, and they still have Tak McKinley. Not sure how many Edger Rushers they need. lol

7) Henderson makes sense to the Cowboys if he is still available. Especially since we stole Jones form them. Wiseguy

8) I'm okay with Terrell going in the 1st since CB is a key position these days, but definitely not before Arnette (which was missed). Also, Gladney shouldn't be in the 1st whatsoever. Igboghene and Dantzler are rated much higher than him. I see the TOP CB Rankings: Okudah, Henderson, Arnette, Diggs, Dantzler, Terrell, Igboghene. But that's just me.

9) Higgins isn't really considered a 1st Round now by most. He didn't perform at the combine, and he didn't put up good numbers at his Pro Day. Most likely 2nd Rounder now, perhaps LATE 1st Round. Definitely not before Justin Jefferson.

10) Austin Jackson is rated higher than Josh Jones. I would HOPE the Dolphins take the better of the two. ;)

Everything else looks pretty good.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 24th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 09:21 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450148
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
1) I know, but I include the Miami trade because it's likely to happen, and it doesn't affect who both teams will draft.

2) Not entirely sure why I went with Wills again. I originally had him as the #1 OT, but then had Wirfs and Becton overtake him. I think it was just based on the fact he has been linked with NY Giants for a while. I also looked at draft grades on the NFL website, and Wills was graded higher than the others.

3) Had no idea. I couldn't care less about a joke of a franchise like NY Jets lol. Had I known I would've had then taking Lamb. But I'm not readjusting my mock again. It took SO long to write.

5) Swift at pick 14 is a reach. I did have him in mind, but Kinlaw is a far safer pick.

6) See point 3, minus the joke of a franchise part.

8) In reality it's guaranteed SF are trading down. I spent about 10 minutes trying to decide between Gladney and Igboghene. I looked at various aspects (rank on the prospect tracker, grade on NFL.com, weaknesses in their games). Igboghene sounded like the better player, but an underdeveloped one, so I went with the more consistent Gladney given the fact their CBs regularly choke against good teams.

9) All aspects I looked at still had Higgins ranked and rated highly. I'm aware of his combine, but Philly need a WR and had to reach for one. Jefferson would also be a reach imo.

10) I had Jones and Jackson fairly even (hence being #26 and #27). I simply went Jones because he was ranked just higher, and I've seen him on more mocks than Jackson.

Once again I struggled with picks 21-32. How do I rely on the various points of call, given there's a chance they could be biased towards certain prospects. You may not realise, but you definitely are Lonely God. CBS also have rated some players higher than they need to. NFL.com is done by one analyst. I try to look at as many as I can and then pick the best prospect. I'm going to make questionable picks in that range in my final April mock too.

It also doesn't help that I do my mock in one sitting, because I'm paranoid that I'll write half of it, leave the page, and it will have erased itself or published an incomplete mock. I know you'll reply telling me that it autosaves, but I'll ignore you and will still be paranoid '-'

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 24th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:42 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450149
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It always gets more and more difficult the further you get in the 1st Round, no matter who is making the Mock Draft. I try my best not to stay too locked in on certain prospects. Like you, I read multiple mocks from a variety of different experts. Of course, not really any on NFL.com because some of those guys are just crazy.

Next time out, try simply building the Mock without Write ups on one day. The next day do half of the write ups, and the third day finish it off. Don't publish immediately, but make sure it saved all of your progress. Come back to it over the next day or two and decide if you like it the way it is before publishing. That's what I do, and what I will also be doing for my Final Mock.

Like I said a few weeks back: If any of us can just get eight or so picks correctly, that alone would be an achievement.
Matt77 Posted: 12:21 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450150
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
BREAKING NEWS: NFL.com have made a mock draft which is actually very good (imo)!!! - http://www.nfl.com/news/sto...-wr-lamb. 12* of his picks are identical to mine, and 9 identical to you (although he has a lot of like-for-like positions for other picks).

Yeah that's a good idea. I tend to start my mock at night, so once I get into the 20s I'm just thinking about sleeping lol, so I sometimes rush.

Next year I am NOT doing write-ups Brick Wall Only for a final mock, potentially.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:15 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450152
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Casserly is actually really smart. Didn't know he even still did Mock Drafts. lol

His Mock looks pretty good. I completely disagree with his Cardinals pick, but a lot of the other stuff looks dead on when it comes to positions. He obviously likes a few prospects more than we do (Kristian Fulton, Curtis Weaver, Raekwon Davis).

I hope that Epenesa doesn't go to the Cowboys. That would be worse than the Pats in my opinion. XD

Also, it won't let me comment on your draft. It keeps saying sign up to post, even though I'm signed in. XD :(

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 24th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 02:36 Mar25 2020 Post ID: 3450163
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Charlie Casserly was once the Washington Redskins drafting scout he along with coach Joe Gibbs were the guys responsible for turning the Redskins into multiple Super Bowl winners during a decade that started in 1982 by putting together a group of unwanted free agents and draft picks.

Anybody got any ideas who is playing CB for the Redskins this year, the players below are all gone. Rivera's had a clear out, I don't hink he was happy with the players he inherited.

CB Josh Norman
CB Quinton Dunbar
CB Breon Borders
CB Dee Delaney
CB Coty Sensabaugh
CB Kayvon Webster
S Montae Nicholson

Matt77 Posted: 05:26 Mar25 2020 Post ID: 3450164
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Kendal Fuller coming back becomes very significant now, considering Washington threw away Dunbar for a woeful 5th round pick. Washington's CBs are Kendal Fuller, Greg Stroman, Fabian Moreau, and Jimmy Moreland. I have never heard of the last 3. Washington are almost guaranteed to draft a CB.

By the way, if you didn't realise, this is the new LA Rams logo. And no, this is not a joke unfortunately...
Spoiler:
click to reveal

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:47 Mar25 2020 Post ID: 3450166
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't mind it. Could be way worse.

Oh, you forgot the new helmet logo...

mrgrtt123 Posted: 19:15 Mar25 2020 Post ID: 3450171
mrgrtt123
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 3
+
I thought that it was canceled the same thing goes to the Olympics that was supposed to take place in Tokyo, Japan.
Displaying Page 11 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close