Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 15 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 13:23 Apr08 2020 Post ID: 3450372
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I've completed the first ten picks in my final mock draft. I'm also including other trade possibilities with each pick. Going with my gut.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 23:28 Apr08 2020 Post ID: 3450374
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I'm being influenced by reading a lot of mocks. I'm not sure whether I would go with these particular picks, but they seem to be locks among most mock writers:

Tampa Bay #14 - Andrew Thomas
Atlanta #16 - CJ Henderson
Dallas #17 - K'Lavon Chaisson

I'd probably go with Thomas, but I'm not sure about the others. Why have the 'experts' suddenly gone from Atlanta desperately needing edge rusher help, to not needing it at all? And why have they suddenly neglected Dallas's secondary worries in order to double up on edge rushers?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 08:41 Apr09 2020 Post ID: 3450378
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Funny how two of those were in my last real mock draft... Whistle

I don't see Henderson making it to #16. He's soaring up the board, and he might even be Top 10. He'll have to make it by Arizona, Jacksonville and San Francisco, which could all use him. I don't see that happening when CB is like the third most important on a team.

Atlanta added Fowler Jr to their D-Line in free agency, thus why they really don't need an edge rusher anymore. They could use another DT to pair with Jarrett and complete their D-Line Rebuild, which is why most see them getting Kinlaw at #16. They also need a RB and CB, but those needs will likely have to wait until Day 2.

Dallas is in a weird spot. They could definitely use another edge rusher to pair with Lawrence. They also desperately need a CB and another Safety. Unfortunately, where they are selecting makes it hard. I really think it's down to DE Chaisson or S McKinney for them, as Henderson will be off the board by #17. Even if Henderson starts to slip, like you pointed out, he ain't getting past Atlanta at #16.
Matt77 Posted: 09:32 Apr09 2020 Post ID: 3450380
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think the only teams that may take Henderson earlier are Jacksonville at #9 (slight reach) or San Francisco at #13 (if they can't get Lamb or Jeudy). But there's a chance it may happen. It will be interesting when I do my April mock.

Atlanta may be a candidate for trading down. Lets say someone like Indy decide to trade up into the 1st. Atlanta may get that team's early 2nd rounder and could draft CB Fulton/Gladney/Igbinoghene, or RB Talyor.

McKinney would be a good pick. I'm hoping we take him at #18 and that Dallas pass on him. He reminds me of Minkah Fitzpatrick, how he could play in multiple positions. Replacing Fitzpatrick with Fitzpatrick 2.0 who wants to play for us, would be perfect.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 12:47 Apr09 2020 Post ID: 3450382
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Oddly enough, I have one of those two picking Henderson in my final mock draft (which I have halfway complete). ;)

If Atlanta is trading, they are trading up. I've heard rumors of them in talks with the Jets. It doesn't make sense since Kinlaw will likely make it to #16 if he gets past the Jags, until you realize they could be attempting to do a double trade up. I've heard they WANT Derrick Brown. If he makes it past the Panthers (50/50 shot if Simmons is there at #7 as well), the Falcons might pounce. They aren't scared to leapfrog to get their guy; look no further than jump 20+ spots to nab Julio Jones.

I'm right there with you. My dream is that the Dolphins can stay put with all of their picks and still get their guy (very low chance of happening though). If we can get QB Tua @ #5, S McKinney @ #18, RB Swift @ #26, OT Jones @ #39, and then WR Claypool/Higgins/Mims/Reagor/Aiyuk/Shenault @ #56, we could easily be a playoff contender next year.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 9th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:22 Apr10 2020 Post ID: 3450386
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Final Mock Draft

Subject to change if Clowney signs or a Major Trade happens prior to Draft Night.

Per usual, I don't care if people view ahead of posting theirs.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 10th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:43 Apr10 2020 Post ID: 3450389
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I will break my usual rule, since it will be a while before I do my mock:

- Excellent write-ups Lonely God. Apply for a part-time job as a NFL writer for a small sports website!!! And I am not joking!
- I see you changed your mind and went with Wills as the #1 OT after all ;)
- I can understand going with Brown at #7. After all I have done that in mocks Jan-March. But at this stage LB has become a need for Carolina, and Simmons imo is the better player.
- Wirfs as the #3 OT? Bold prediction.
- Every mock I've read that has Las Vegas drafting a WR has them drafting Jeudy. From all accounts he's who LV like the most.
- You already know my Dallas edge rusher thoughts.
- Arnette is a reach at #19, but you may be onto something. Las Vegas will let their egos get the better of them and they will take a risk, since they think they are in contention for a SB (lol).
- Blacklock is a reach at #20. Delpit, Murray & Queen are better options.
- If Miami take Swift as #26, Jackson and Jones won't be available at #39. We would have to trade up slightly to get one of them.
- Your write-up on Seattle needing Jackson was spot on, and made logical sense. So why did you have them drafting Delpit?
- Lol, I see my Fulton post has made you more aware of him ;)

I've made a lot more comments than usual, but that's not to say this isn't a good mock. It is, and is better than most official writers. But I think our mocks will differ by quite a large amount.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:18 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450391
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
1) Yeah, I?ve been reading more and more about the connection between the Giants new coach and Nick Saban. Plus, Wills played RT for Alabama, and the Giants might want to keep Solder at LT for at least another year.

2) #7 is either Brown or Simmons (or trade down). It all depends who the Panthers like more. If they take Brown, LB Zack Baun should be there in Round 2.

3) I hate having Wirfs slide. But if the Panthers, Cards, and Jags all go defense, I really think the Browns would take Becton over Wirfs since he is a true LT and that is all they need now.

4) Like I said in my mock, I cannot see the Raiders drafting another Cooper when they got rid of the original. lol

5) As we discussed, unless Henderson slides, I really think the Cowboys options are Edge Rush or Safety.

6) CB is a huge need for the Raiders. If the Broncos get Ruggs, they will need all the help they can get with Mahomes, Lock, and Tua/Herbert. Arnette is not far off Okudahs talent, but he has character issues.

7) I?ve seen Blacklock as high as #20, but I would tend to agree. Which is why I put trade down and get him as an option. Remember, a point for current pick number or picking team. ;)

8) I?m all for Miami jumping back into the first to get Jackson or Jones, especially if they can get the three I have them already getting. lol

9) Much like the Chiefs with CB, the Seahawks refuse to address their biggest needs. Thus why I have them going with a Safety, which others do as well.

10) Yeah, I?ve been reading some GMs like Fulton over Terrell and others.
Matt77 Posted: 09:31 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450396
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
4 - From what I understood, they didn't really 'get rid' of Cooper. I thought it was either his character issues or his desire not to play for Las Vegas anymore. Or am I getting confused with Crabtree?

6 - I agree that they need a CB, but it should be Diggs. Arnette has 1st round talent, but character issues are a risk. To me he should be drafted by a team in win-now mode, not a team who is rebuilding. Even though they think they are contenders, in reality Las Vegas are in a rebuild like Miami, and should draft good characters.

9 - So you've picked how you think Seattle will pick rather than how you would pick if you were Seattle? If that's true, that's a good pick.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:12 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450397
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The got rid of him. Gruden and him didn't vibe, sort of like O'Brien and Hopkins. The only difference is Gruden got more than Cooper was worth at the time. XD

I agree, but Gruden probably thinks they could be contenders. XD

I try to consider the needs of a team, their roster habits, and the value of a picking a player at a certain spot. It's always a crapshoot, thus why I threw in some other possibilities.

If need was the only thing teams based off of, Seattle and Miami would both get some OL help before anything else. XD
Matt77 Posted: 11:39 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450402
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
So if that's the case, you can't make comparisons between Cooper and Jeudy's game styles if Cooper was traded due to a relationship breakdown with Gruden.

Good to see that you can recognise Gruden's delusion as well Cool

Sometimes with my picks I go with what I think they should do, rather than what they may actually do. I probably should mix it up a bit more, but I find that it's simpler for me to do it that way. If I start thinking about what the team may actually do, there's a chance I'll come up with wild predictions and have teams reach for prospects. If I did it more your way, I'd definitely have Arizona NOT taking an OT, since they LOVE ignoring their most glaring need.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:57 Apr11 2020 Post ID: 3450405
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I just can't see Gruden drafting what he already had. XD

Hey, at least the Cards did something about finally adding a WR to Fitzgerald. lol
Sanzano Posted: 03:29 Apr12 2020 Post ID: 3450408
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Have you seen that breaking report that has leaked that Tua has failed medicals with two different NFL teams. Nobody wants to disclose the source but all the anylists on ESPN know about it and won't say who told them which makes me think it is someone pretty well known in the NFL.

Looks like there is a possibiliy of Burrow pulling an Eli Mannning after all. He was quoted as saying he wants to go to a 'good' team and that he has never played in a losing team in his life.

Everyone has suddenly cooled on Justin Herbert for some reason, all of a sudden he has drifted into the second round of mock drafts.

Jordan Love has disappeared completely.

Matt77 Posted: 03:42 Apr12 2020 Post ID: 3450409
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I tried searching for that story, but it seems it doesn't exist anymore. All ESPN have on Tua is that he spoke in an interview a few days ago after having a livestreamed practice session for scouts to see. In reality it's impossible that he has failed medicals for 2 teams. He can't have any medicals with any team due to the virus. If he failed a medical a few weeks ago perhaps, it doesn't mean much since his injury is improving each day.

Burrow has been constantly making comments like that, but he's also said he's happy to play for Cincy. Basically he's letting Cincy know that if they don't build a team around him, then he will leave in a few years.

Herbert just isn't getting media attention because it's all about the Burrow-Cincy-#1 pick drama, and Tua's injury drama. Herbert is a solid, humble QB who has spent 1 year longer in college than the other QBs, and is an absolute lock as the 3rd best QB. Any mock that has Herbert outside the top 10, let alone the 1st round, is absolute trash. I FULLY expect him to be drafted at pick 6 by LA Chargers.

There's still a bit of talk about Love, but it's cooled off a bit, again because of Burrow and Tua. There are several teams interested in him. I may not have Love in my mock, because I don't know who would pick him, but I am expecting to see him drafted in the 1st round (somewhere between picks 19 and 32).

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:03 Apr12 2020 Post ID: 3450410
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, Dennis, don't believe it. Herbert is Top 10 99%. If he slips, he isn't getting past New England at #23.

Teams are looking extensively into Jordan Love, but he'll probably slip due to teams not being able to see him throw in person because of the virus outbreak. I agree with Matt that he will likely go between #19-#32. I can't see him falling to the second round, especially since a team will easily be able to trade with the Niners at #31 if push comes to shove. The Chargers, Colts, Dolphins and Raiders all have had multiple meetings with Love, whether in person at the combine or a virtual visit.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 12th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:37 Apr12 2020 Post ID: 3450411
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'd say the top 7 QBs will be drafted by these teams:

Burrow - Cincy
Tua - Miami (trade up to pick 3)
Herbert - LA Chargers
Love - Indy (trade up to pick 27)
Eason - Green Bay (pick 62, 2nd round)
Fromm - New Orleans (pick 170, 5th round)
Hurts - Detroit (trade up to pick 72, 3rd round)

Indy have pick 34 but will want to make sure a team doesn't jump them, so they can easily make a trade work. Green Bay missed out on boom or bust Love, so they grab boom or bust Eason at the end of the 2nd round. Detroit don't need to use pick 67 on Hurts, but they trade up to pick 72 (JAX are pick 73) to take Hurts before Jacksonville can. Fromm falls a long way, and between Atlanta and New Orleans, NO take him in the 5th due to Atlanta not wanting to use a 4th round pick on a backup QB.

New England are starting Stidham, so drafting another QB isn't the best for his confidence. Plus there are rumours they're Losing for Lawrence. Pittsburgh are probably going to sign Winston soon, and they'll have Big Ben for 1-3 seasons depending on how stubborn he is. Plus their first 2 picks are 49 and 102. Las Vegas have too many QBs on their roster to draft one in the 2nd-4th. Atlanta I mentioned already. Cleveland may draft one of the third tier QBs.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:32 Apr13 2020 Post ID: 3450413
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Love to Indy seems the most likely. I have a weird feeling about the Chargers, but that's only if they can get Cam Newton (or if they are really willing to start Tyrod Taylor for this year).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 13th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 09:21 Apr13 2020 Post ID: 3450414
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Matt, you're right, I can't find those shows now. One of them was definately a guy named Colin Cowherd, he had a smug grin on his face when he said he has a very reliable friend who has told him personally that Tua has failed two medicals with two different NFL teams. I'm wondering if one of those teams is Miami, that deal with Cincinnatti for the first round pick is looking like a possibility, crazy as it sounds. I've heard several top NFL coaches in the last week say it is better to get one game changing superstar than three good solid players in the first round.

Burrows senses it too and is dropping hints about not being happy playing for the Bengals. I think Burrows would rather play for Miami regardless of whether it's his hometown or not. At the end of the day it's about staying healthy and making money and he favours his odds in Miami.

Matt77 Posted: 10:19 Apr13 2020 Post ID: 3450415
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've heard several top NFL coaches in the last week say it is better to get one game changing superstar than three good solid players in the first round.

Those coaches should be fired. Have they heard of rookie QBs being thrown under the bus and into an awful team? Rosen had no chance behind that awful Arizona o-line. Cleveland was known as the QB Graveyard because their team was so awful that no QB ever had a chance to succeed there. Goff as well in his rookie season at LA Rams.

Rebuilding a team should go in the following stages if the rookie QB starts from day 1:
1. New head coach
2. Offensive linemen
3. Running back
4. Wide receivers
5. Quarterback
6. Defensive linemen
7. Cornerbacks
8. Edge rushers
9. Safeties
10. Linebackers

Miami have a few holes in the team that need to be strengthened. If Miami trade away picks 5, 18, 26, & a 2021 1st rounder, Burrow will have a miserable rookie season. Taking Tua and letting him sit in his rookie season would be PERFECT. That's my #1 rule for a rebuilding team. The rookie MUST sit that rookie season, like Mahomes did. The offensive line needs to be addressed, and ideally we take Austin Jackson/Josh Jones with pick 18. Miami have a good WR group, so that isn't a glaring need. Most mocks have Miami drafting Swift at pick 26, which takes some pressure off Tua when he eventually starts.

In Year 2, Tua would make his debut under a strong offensive line, would have good targets to throw to, and would have a solid running back to split some of the plays. The defense would be pretty bad, but Tua would have all resources at his disposal, and defense could be improved in the 2021 and 2022 drafts.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:46 Apr13 2020 Post ID: 3450416
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
10 Days Away!!!
Displaying Page 15 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close