Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 16 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 23:11 Apr13 2020 Post ID: 3450419
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I know, it's snuck up on me. I'll have to do my mock soon. Warrior, how would I save my mock without publishing it? I want to do it in parts, but I don't want to accidentally publish an incomplete mock. Writing it in advance in Word isn't possible, because when you copy and paste text, it doesn't register until it is edited a second time (ie it is very annoying).

And remember Dennis, the deadline is April 21st.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 13th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 06:32 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450420
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
On the site we use, just click Keep This. After that, it will auto save after each pick and write up. (Once done with right up, click outside text box to see save logo appear.)
Matt77 Posted: 07:59 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450421
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thanks. I tested by doing Burrow at #1 and the write-up, and it saved.

I've also decided that I'll do what you did and will list other possible options for each team. Since I don't have to do it in one go anymore, I have way more time. And don't worry, I credited you for the idea in my intro ;)

I also thought now would be a good time to check back at all of our January mocks and see how similar/different they are from now.

Mine - https://walterfootball.com/...ck/69937

Yours - https://walterfootball.com/...ck/69923

Dennis's:
1) Cincinatti - Joe Burrow - QB
2) Washington - Chase Young - DE
3) Detroit - Isaiah Simmons- LB
4) N.Y. Giants - Andrew Thomas - OT
5) Miami - Tua Tagovailoa - QB
6) L.A. Chargers - Justin Herbert - QB
7) Carolina - Derrick Brown - DT
8) Cardinals - Jerry Jeudy - WR
9) Jacksonville - A.J. Epenesa - DE
10) Cleveland - Javon Kinlaw DT
11) N.Y. Jets - Jedrick Wills OT
12 Raiders - Ceedee Lamb WR
I3) Indianapolis - Henry Ruggs III
14) Tampa Bay- Jeff Okudah DB
15) Denver - Laviska Shenault Jr. WR
16) Atlanta - CJ Henderson DB
17) Cowboys - Grant Delpit S
18) Miami - Josh Jones
19) Raiders - Jordan Love
20) Jacksonville - Trevon Diggs LB
21) Philadelphia - Tee Higgins WR
22) Buffalo - Curtis Weaver DE
23) New England - Jake Fromm QB
24) New Orleans - KJ Kamler WR
25) Vikings - Mekhi Becton OL
26) Miami - Kenneth Murray LB
27) Seattle - Xavier McKinney S
28) Ravens - Yetur Grass-Motens
29) Titans - Bryce Hall
30) Pacers- Jalon Reagor
31) Chiefs- Patrick Queen LB
32) 49rs - Kristian Fulton

My thoughts on our Jan mocks:

Mine:
- My bold decision to have Wills at #4 so early in the year may have paid off
- Kinlaw to Tampa Bay seemed like a good pick, but now their need of an OT is greater with Brady in town
- Higgins is way too high (this was before his combine flop)
- Oh my goodness, what the heck was I thinking putting Fulton to Miami at #18?!?!
- I didn't fully realise Philly's WR issues back then
- No idea what Biadasz is doing at pick 23 lol
- Becton at #24 '-'
- Wow what a pick with Austin Jackson at #26 to Miami!
- Weaver in the 1st ffs

Yours:
- Jeudy at #4 was ambitious, but I can understand your reasoning
- Simmons at #7 to Carolina, well done Lonely God!
- I do think Jackson is underrated, but oh boy, pick 11?!?!
- Oh the days of Epenesa being a top 15 prospect...
- With Brown, again I understand your reasoning at the time
- Kinlaw at #16 to Atlanta - well done Lonely God x2!
- Shenault at #18 was obviously since it was pre-combine?
- Well done, you picked Jefferson to be a draft bolter very early!
- Again, awesome pick having Diggs at #20 so early!
- Wills at #23 is carnage. Sorry...
- You've always known of the Miami-Swift link huh
- Who is Lemieux? And who is Kindley?
- Good stuff predicting Igbinoghene to be a late-1st prospect

Dennis:
- Good stuff rating Simmons so high so early. #3 is possibly too high, but you recognised his talent
- Okudah was way too low. I'm guessing you didn't know much about him back then
- Jones is picked by Miami at #18 in a few mocks today, so that was a good pick!
- You recognised Love as a 1st rounder way before me and Warrior, good job!
- Like Warrior, that was a good pick with Diggs so high
- Fromm in the 1st round lol
- Who is Kamler?

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 14th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 08:23 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450422
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mine wasn't too out there. lol

Igbonhene was to the Chiefs. It was so early in the progress that the program didn't even have him as a choice and I had to put it in the write up. XD

It's cool to see the progression of each Mock. I feel good just having Becton Top 15. XD XD XD
Matt77 Posted: 08:30 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450424
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Who did the worst:

Me - Fulton at #18
You - Wills at #23
Dennis - Fromm at #23

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:01 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450426
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Matt, anything can happen in the draft. We'll be looking at out April mocks in a couple of weeks time scratching our heads at what actually happens. There's bound to be some surprises in the first round. When teams are on the clock the pressure gets to them and they make stupid decisions especially when things are not going to their finely laid out plans. Look at the Vikings a few year back, two years running they got themselves in such a state they couldn't get their first round picks in on the alloted time and it caused pandemonium.

Aside from Washington picking Chase Young at pick 2 the other thing I can't wait to find out what happens is what the Dolphins do, to me they control the draft. Do they try and nab Burrow and give up all those picks, sit tight and take Tua or Herbert, or wait until next year to get a quarterback.

I think Belichick is up to something, no way are the Patriots going into the season with those unproven quarterbacks in New England. Bill Belichick is 67 years old, if the Patriots tank this year and get Trevor Lawrence and groom him to be the successor to Tom Brady that is still going to take 3-4 years making Belichick 70 plus. Belichick was talking about retiring a couple of years ago so I don't think his heart is in football like it once was. Now with Brady gone his reputation is on the line, if the Patriots become the AFC Easts celler dwellers people are going to start saying it was Brady that elevated the Patriots, especially if he does well at Tampa Bay. Belichick should have walked away after his Super Bowl win against the 49rs, he's under pressure now.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:49 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450427
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Fromm at #23. He'll be lucky to go in the 2nd (most likely 3rd). Wills second worst probably, but only if he does go to the Giants. If he slips to Top 11, him and Fulton will be about the same margin of error.

Dennis: I'm hearing more and more that the Phins want Herbert. Probably just a smokescreen so the Chargers stay put, but it might happen if the Bolts leapfrog to grab Tua.
Matt77 Posted: 12:12 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450429
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol, I have Fromm being drafted in the 5th round (pick 170, New Orleans).

And here's good old Bucky's latest 'mock' - http://www.nfl.com/news/sto...lls-to-9
- Brown at #3
- Herbert at #5
- Simmons at #6
- Tua at #9
- Terrel at #16
- Fulton at #22
- Diggs at #31

Dennis - Yes I'm sure there'll be some big trade either on draft night or beforehand that will shake everything up. At the moment I'm confident that I'll get at least 7 picks correct, yet I highly doubt that I will actually do that well.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 14th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:47 Apr14 2020 Post ID: 3450430
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mel Kiper (ESPN's #1 Draft Guy) has Burrow #1 (Bengals), Herbert #5 (Dolphins), Tua #6 (Chargers), Love #19 (Raiders). He has Epenesa falling to the 2nd Round. He has Jefferson going before Ruggs. He has Aiyuk going #22. He has Braun going before Queen. He has Giants going Simmons #4. Craziness.
Sanzano Posted: 01:15 Apr15 2020 Post ID: 3450431
Sanzano
+
'Who the hell is Mel Kiper anyway' That quote made NFL's Films Top 10 Draft moments. That guy has been around forever with his mock NFL drafts, he's never played in an NFL team or been associated with a team and usually predicts things wrong. As you can see from the quote by an NFL coach he rubs people up the wrong way. Simmons to the Giants though is a possibility, the G-Men need help badly at linebacker but with Wirfs still there we'll have to wait and see, they could do with both players, Lol.

I can't see Jefferson going before Ruggs III. It will be interesting to see if he does make it to the second round and Cincinnati have an opportunity to draft him. He was Burrow's clutch reciever.

Tua at pick 9, I'm beginning to wonder if there is substance to the rumour circulating that Tua has failed two medicals with NFL teams. No way does he fall to pick 9, if he falls any further than that he will be in the Patriots radar to trade up. This has happened before with Aaron Rogers, he was projected to go pick 1 by everyone to the SF49rs and he plummetted to pick 22 and the Packers. Alex Smith went pick 1 that year if you are wondering.

Matt77 Posted: 03:14 Apr15 2020 Post ID: 3450432
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - What a joke of a mock. These 'experts' usually do awful mocks, mainly due to their 'sources' telling them that player A is good, player B is bad, and player C is a draft bolter. I don't listen to these kind of rumours unless several writers make those changes in their mocks, or if it becomes public knowledge through a confirmed source. Or like Bucky, they do it because they need clicks (his clickbait title of Tua slips to #9).

I much prefer reading fan-made mocks. There's no bias there. Having you and Dennis speaking sense here has made it far easier to predict how the draft will go. You both get information from quite different places.

Dennis - That's very interesting. I bet you Burrow wants Cincy to trade up and draft him. I'm not sure it will be possible though, unless they are willing to move up to #20 and go ahead of Philly.

Cincy need to get this draft right, including who or whether they draft at pick 33. I think they should listen to trade calls. I just read yesterday, but there was a famous incident in the 1999 draft. Cincy had the #3 pick and New Orleans I think had #12. New Orleans offered Cincy NINE DRAFT PICKS to move up!!! NINE! They were:
- All of New Orleans' 1999 picks
- 2000 1st round pick
- 2001 1st round pick
Cincy declined this offer (INSANE) and went on to draft a QB with pick 3. New Orleans then traded up to pick 5 and also selected a QB. 4 years later Cincy drafted Carson Parmer Brick Wall

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 15th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:39 Apr15 2020 Post ID: 3450433
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: I swear. If the Bengals get Burrow at #1 and Epenesa at #33, I will freak out. lol

Matt: I have a good sense about who will go in the 1st, but, then again, there are like 40-50 players that could possibly go in the 1st Round this year. It will be interesting.

I'm hearing more and more that Herbert is #2 on most boards after Burrow. Don't know if it's just the Dolphins and Chargers trying to play chess with each other to see who jumps to #5 or not. I've even seen some having the Chargers jump to #3 to nab Herbert instead of Tua. If the Bolts truly want Herbert, why don't they and the Phins just remain put? The Phins could get Tua at #5 and the Chargers could get Herbert at #6, with both not having to give up anything.

I would find it hilarious if the Chargers jump to #3 and then draft Herbert. Miami could stay and get Tua at #5 and laugh at the Bolts all day long.
Sanzano Posted: 10:00 Apr15 2020 Post ID: 3450435
Sanzano
+
This all comes down to the extent of Tua's injuries. Who knows what and who is prepared to gamble what. Nobody knowing exactly what the truth is makes it difficult to figure who is going to do what.

Basically if Tua is healthy he goes pick 1 or 3, no question about it. A damaged Tua all depends on how much the team interested are prepared to gamble. I personally after following what has been happening closely for the last few months would avoid picking him unless he falls to pick 5. To me it's like buying a sports car that has been in a bad smash and been repaired. I can tell you from experience, it's never the same. You somehow lose confidence in it even though the mechanic tells you its as good as new. The way I look at it, Herbert is an undamaged sports car that may not be as good as the damaged one if both were new. No way would I overspend using draft capital on damaged goods.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:45 Apr15 2020 Post ID: 3450436
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I agree. Which is why the perfect landing spot for him is the Phins. He can take next year off since we have both Fitzpatrick and Rosen (much like Mahomes did his first year with the Chiefs). The Chargers need a guy now, especially if Lynn wants to continue being the head coach for them. Sorry, but Tyrod Taylor isn't going to take you anywhere. Herbert would at least see their talented roster compete for the Wild Card, especially since he has been in the Northwest/West his entire life.
Matt77 Posted: 11:32 Apr15 2020 Post ID: 3450437
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
What the...are you psychic Warrior?!?! I literally came here at 12:05am in the morning, with 7 tabs open, just to say that I've noticed Herbert ahead of Tua in a lot of recent mocks.

Miami have successfully ruined Detroit's chances of getting pick 26 from us. I don't know how we did it or whether it was intentional, but it is done.

Peter Schranger mock (NFL.com) - Herbert #5, Tua #6
Buck Brooks mock (NFL.com) - Herbert #5, Tua #9
Jenny Vrentas mock (Sports Illustrated) - Herbert #4 (LAC), Tua #5
Tom Fornelli mock (CBS Sports) - Herbert #2 (MIA), Tua #3 (JAX)
Brad Biggs mock (Chicago Tribune) - Herbert #6, Tua #18 Eh

Another CBS writer Chris Trapasso had Tua ahead of Herbert, but mentioned in his write-up that the talk seems to be Herbert over Tua. What is going on?!?!

Other noticeable picks:
- Ezra Cleveland (OT) is a draft bolter it seems. He is in the 1st round in 4 official mocks I've read
- Kenneth Murray to Philly is the pick in most mocks I've read. What are people thinking?

Miami and LA Chargers can't mess around. One of them have to trade up to pick 3, otherwise Las Vegas (12 & 19) or Jacksonville (9 & 20) will pounce on Tua.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 15th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:06 Apr15 2020 Post ID: 3450439
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It's probably just the Dolphins and Chargers trying not to show their cards, hoping the other will jump and draft Herbert instead of Tua. That, or both have decided together to put these reports out hoping it will cause the Lions and Giants to be stuck at #3 and #4.

Seriously, if the Phins and Chargers have been in talks and one wants Tua and the other Herbert, they might have a backdoor agreement to stay put so they both can keep their picks. The Jaguars have already said they aren't going to trade up for a QB, that they want Lawrence next year to give Minshew a real shot at starting. The Raiders aren't going to trade up either; if they are drafting a QB, it's going to be Love.
Matt77 Posted: 00:39 Apr16 2020 Post ID: 3450440
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm not so sure. I've heard that Las Vegas are interested in both Tua and Herbert as well. If neither Miami or LA Chargers trade up to pick 3, Detroit don't get the opportunity to increase their draft capital. If Las Vegas come calling and offer picks 12 and 19, Detroit will happily oblige.

I have a feeling a big trade that we aren't really expecting will happen either on draft night or before it. Washington could easily drop back to pick 5/6 and get Okudah, Simmons, Brown, or Wirfs/Wills, while getting an extra pick(s). Or Las Vegas could get aggressive and give Washington picks 12, 19, and a 2021 2nd rounder, leaving Washington with Lamb/Jeudy at #12, and Diggs at #19.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 16th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:31 Apr16 2020 Post ID: 3450441
Sanzano
+
Yes, I'm hearing the same thing, the Chargers want Herbert because he can start straight away and he has no injury issues. The Chargers now have the decision to make, do they guarantee getting him by trading up with Detroit or sit tight and risk the Raiders jumping in there. I personally think the Raiders spend their draft capital elsewhere, last year it was offense, this year it will be defense. Okudah will be gone but Henderson at cornerback should still be there.

I didn't realise the Dolphins were in the exact same position when Drew Brees was in the 2001 draft. They had a chance to draft him but passed because he had injury issues. San Diego drafted him and he played one game in his first season but from 2002-2018 he hardly missed a game through injury. Talk about great draft picks, check out the following:

'Brees was the second quarterback, behind Michael Vick of Virginia Tech, selected in the 2001 Draft, chosen by the San Diego Chargers as the first pick of the second round and 32nd overall. San Diego originally had the first pick in that draft , but traded it to Atlanta (who drafted Vick) in return for the fifth pick of the first round; which San Diego drafted LaDainian Tomlinson.'

Wow, Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson, two hall of famers picks 1 and 2.

I see that Beckham Jr is going to be a Viking, talks are well underway. Apparently Beckham Jr and Mayfield didn't gel last year and the Browns want to part company with the former Giant because he is upsetting Mayfield who was throwing him ridiculous balls last year and expecting a 'superstar' like Beckham to catch them.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Apr 16th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:57 Apr16 2020 Post ID: 3450442
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Good catch finding that MIN-CLE story. It took me a while to find it myself. The talk is that he will be traded to Minnesota, and they will give back a 2nd rounder and 5th rounder. That will be a massive win for Minnesota. They will get to keep picks 22 and 25, and don't have to draft a WR.

LA Chargers shouldn't give up on Tua. They could do what Miami will do if they draft him. Tyrod Taylor is a below average starter and elite backup, and could start while Tua rests his hip and adjusts to NFL life.

Wow, that is ridiculous. LA Chargers hit the jackpot. Yet they offloaded Brees shortly after and drafted Eli Manning with pick 1, before trading him away for Philip Rivers. That's bizarre. Miami didn't draft Brees because of his injury history and LA Chargers did, but then they got rid of him.

I also found some strange trivia:
- Arizona coach Kliff Kingsbury was drafted by New England in the 6th round in 2003, and was Brady's backup.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick was drafted in the 7th round in 2005 by LA Rams
- Tyrod Taylor was drafted in the 6th round in 2011 by Baltimore

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 16th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:42 Apr16 2020 Post ID: 3450443
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Those reports are conflicting. Some say they are discussing the trade, some say those reports are false. I can't see the Browns getting rid of him after one year, especially since they are good with cap right now. I also can't see them taking anything less than a 1st Rounder. Like the Packers are in the same division and need a WR. If Beckham was up for trade and I was the Packers, I would gladly send #30 for him.

We'll have to wait until the Draft, as I don't see any big trade happening until then. But I don't see a trade like that happening.
Displaying Page 16 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close