Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 19 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 23:37 Apr22 2020 Post ID: 3450506
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
If that rumour is true, the only teams which have the draft capital to do so are Miami, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, and Minnesota. Minnesota aren't going to trade that far to get Chase Young, since it would cost at least three 1st round picks. Jacksonville have too many holes to give away picks 9 and 20 (plus more), so it wouldn't be them either. And I'm not sure Las Vegas would take that gamble on Tua anymore, given that his stocks have plummeted. The only option is Miami, but that would be a pointless trade since LA Chargers won't be trading up to pick 2. Nice try Washington Whistle

The other rumour I have heard is that Miami want to trade up to pick 3 to select an OT... It would be an awful trade, given that they WILL have access to one (or both) of Wills and Wirfs with pick 5. Perhaps this is a smokescreen by Miami to try and force NY Giants to stay put and not accept a trade offer from LA Chargers.

There is also talk that Carolina and Arizona are open to trading down is an offer is good enough.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450507
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I'm hearing talk that if Miami haven't got an OT in the first round they are going to give Washington their second round pick for Trent Williams. I'm also hearing that the Redskins are trying to do a deal with Tampa Bay, exchanging OJ Howard the TE for Trent Williams. Apparently now that the Gronk is in Tampa the Buccaneers need to offload one of their two quality TE's. The sticking point though is the Bucs have not got enough money to pay for Williams contract. What I'm hoping will happen is that the Miami trade happens and the Redskins use the pick to get OJ Howard from the Bucs.

It's looking like the Cowboys are serious about getting a quarterback in the draft in one falls to them with pick 17, Jerry Jones stated yesterday he wants to groom a young quarterback. Dak Prescott is an idiot, he should have accepted the cowboys last offer. What team would be in the market for Prescott if he left the Cowboys. Cam Newton can't even find a team. Dak Prescott runs the risk of becoming a back-up quarterback on back-up money somewhere in the league because he was a greedy bugger.

Redskins are taking Chase Young. I saw the interview with Ron Rivera and he clearly stated he would rather have one exceptional player than a bunch of picks for players not so good. He said the only time trading down makes sense is if you get additional picks but still get an exceptional player.

The team that made the call to Washington was Atlanta. I know, I was surprised too.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Apr 23rd 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:01 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450508
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Atlanta! Gee, that is bizarre. Good catch. I guess Atlanta feel that Young could be the missing link that could make the defense above-average. Where do you find all this information? You have a knack for finding stuff out that I can't find anywhere.

I was about to post about the Washington-OJ Howard-Tampa Bay trade too. It looks like a big possibility, since Washington got rid of Jordan Reed in the offseason. However what I read suggested that it could be a straight swap + some other pick(s). I'd guess that it would be:
Washington give Trent Williams
Tampa Bay give OJ Howard and a 4th round pick

The Miami point you make is interesting. I have seen that rumour of Miami trading up to pick 3 for an OT in another article, which tells me it's not fake. I've also read that Miami want to trade for New England's Joe Thuney (G). This all tells me that Miami desperately want to fix their o-line. Williams is 31 so he probably has 2-3 years of playing time left. Therefore if Miami do trade, I can only see it being a 3rd rounder at best (pick 70) due to the fact Miami aren't in win-now mode. Williams doesn't help Miami in the long-term, but Miami have a long history of trading for veteran players.

Dallas may be in play for one of the 2nd-tier QBs (Eason, Fromm, Hurts). They have picks 51 (2R) and 82 (3R) which they could use. In fact, I just had a look at Dallas's roster and these are their QBs:
Dak Prescott
Cooper Rush
Clayton Thorson
In other words, Dallas WILL either draft or trade for a QB. Those two no-names are not viable backup options if Dak gets injured.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 04:34 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450509
Sanzano
+
I just think the whole Dak Prescott contract negotiation has soured Gerry Jones who probably views Dak Prescott as ungrateful and greedy and after the Covid-19 fiasco last week where he held a party at his home and suddenly become one of the most unpopular athletes in the US he probaly wants to distance himself from him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys signed Cam Newton and picked up Jacob Eason in the draft for Newton to groom. I hear the Cowboys are interested in Jacob Eason as the former Washington Husky has a cannon for an arm. Looking at the Cowboy quarterback situation you pointed out I didn't realise it was that bad. At the moment the Cowboys don't have anyone of note if Prescott continues to hold out.

Watching highlight reel of OJ Howard, I'll be pleased if the Redskins get him, he was the 19th overal pick in the 2017 draft and he played at Alabama. Signing Howard would be another Crimson Tide member from their championship winning team on the Washington Roster.

I get my information from the internet, what I do is I think of scenario I think could be a possibility and tap it in Google. More often than not there will be an article on it somewhere which I can read. For example, when I heard that the Gronk was going to the Bucs I knew they already had two decent TE's and Washington need one and have an all pro OT they want to trade...

Matt77 Posted: 05:04 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450510
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I did what you said, and vola I found several articles confirming 100% that Atlanta tried to make the trade.

That's interesting about the Alabama link again. It makes Washington's QB situation even more intriguing. Remember, Tua played for Alabama...

I think Newton and Winston are interesting possibilities for Dallas. They'd have to be the backup though. Dallas franchise tagged Dak, so they won't want to waste that money.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:25 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450511
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I can see Atlanta jumping to #2 if they are willing to give up a whole ton. They love Okudah and Brown, but Young and Simmons would also be in the mix if they could jump that high.

Sounds like the Raiders might be sending the #19 Pick to the Jags for that Edge Rusher they Franchise Tagged. That would effectively blow up my mock if it happened before the draft.

Why not just sign Clowney and keep #19? lol
Sanzano Posted: 07:40 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450512
Sanzano
+
Things are getting interesting.

Matt, I honestly believe if Tua was 100% and had no injury history the Redskins would take him with pick 2. With the injuries doubts and a potential hall of famer sitting at pick 2 in Chase Young they have to take the safe bet and take the guy who they could get 10 years service from and be an instant game changer.

It's the same dilema the Dolphins are faced with except there is no game changing talent at another position to sweeten their loss, they have to either take another quarterback who is not as good or possibly trade down and have three or four picks in the bottom half of the draft which they can use to solidyfy other areas and of their offense in preparation for when they get their quarterback the following year.

Warrior, do you mean Yannick Ngakoue? Makes me wonder why the Raiders got rid of Khali Mack, he's currently the best in the game. Below is the deal Gruden did a couple of years ago with the Bears:

The Raiders sent Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick to the Bears for a 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, and 2019 sixth-round pick.

Yes Matt, it was the Alabama link that initially worried me about the Redskins taking Tua over Young. For some reason the Redskins love Crimson Tide players. As does a certain Bill Belichick who must be praying that Tua falls ot around the pick 14 mark where he has a reasonable chance of trading up for him.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:46 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450513
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yes, Yannick. The Jags want #12, but it sounds like the Raiders are only willing to give up #19.
Matt77 Posted: 11:34 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450514
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Wow, Jacksonville are stacked if they get pick 19. To me that is way too much. He's worth a 2nd rounder to me, especially since everyone knows he wants out. Imagine if Jacksonville decide to trade down with Atlanta. They'd have picks 16, 19, 20, 42, and 47 within the first 2 rounds.

Here are the latest rumours I've heard:

- Washington closed the window that Trent Williams and his team had to find a trade partner. Washington now have full control, meaning they can send him to whichever team they want

- Williams started following some Cleveland players on social media late last night

- Miami wanted to actually trade up to pick 3 or an OT, but KEEP pick 5 to draft a QB. But Detroit don't like the offer

- Detroit and Miami are said to have agreed on a trade involving picks 3 and 5. Tua is Miami's if they want to take him ( sadly I think we are taking Herbert though :( )

- Miami gave Tua a passing grade on the physical he undertook for them at the combine

- Becton may be rated behind Thomas now

This is going to get interesting. Is it just me, or is this draft's hype better than the ultimate QB draft we had in 2018? Maybe it's because I've taken more interest in this one, but there are so many possibilities.

Only roughly 7 hours to go now. I will hopefully be awake at 7am (7pm AEST) to get ready for the draft. Dennis, the draft starts at 2am Barcelona time, so you could always stay awake for Washington's pick Wiseguy

My gut feelings:
- Trent Williams will be a Brown
- Miami will trade up and select Herbert (ffs)
- LA Chargers will select Tua
- Carolina will draft Simmons
- Arizona will stay put and select an OT
- Atlanta will trade up for Henderson
- Miami will select an OT with pick 18 and Ruiz with pick 26

Draft night (day) is WAY better than the Superbowl.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:24 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450515
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here's my latest gut feeling...

Bengals pick Burrow.
Redskins pick Young.
Lions try to trade out, but can't. Pick Okudah.
Chargers trade up to #4. Pick Herbert.
Dolphins pick Wirfs.
Giants pick Wills.
Panthers pick Simmons.
Dolphins trades #18 & #70 (and 2021 3rd Rounder) to Cardinals for #8. Pick Tua.
Jaguars pick Brown.
Eagles trade up to #10. Pick Lamb.
Falcons trade up to #11. Pick Henderson.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:28 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450516
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Only a few more hours!
Warrior13 Posted: 18:04 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450517
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
An hour away!

No big news yet...

Getting set to put on my lucky Miami Dolphins Replica Super Bowl Rings!

Warrior13 Posted: 19:58 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450519
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Burrow
Young
Okudah
Thomas
Tua

Miami has their QB!

Only shocker thus far is Thomas going #4, but it's not that big. You knew it was going to be one of the Top 4 OT.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:11 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450520
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
7 picks down...

I'm leading with 6 correct picks. Both Matt and Dennis are only back by one, each having 5 correct picks thus far.
Matt77 Posted: 20:18 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450521
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Am watching live through an illegal stream Cool (well was. I need to quickly do the vacuuming)

Thomas is a bad decision by NY Giants. Once again with their pick they select a player with a higher floor and lower ceiling than most. Wills, Wirfs, or Simmons were better.

THANK GOD MIAMI DID IT. I was fully expecting Goodell to call out Herbert.

Beautiful smokescreen. As a result Miami were able to keep hold of picks 39 and 70. Lets see how significant that could be Cool

It was your lucky rings Warrior ;)

I will be back once the 1st round finishes.

EDIT - Had to pop in after seeing it. Arizona...you crackheads. They have neglected their o-line AGAIN, and have zero 2nd round picks to use. They better hope they can somehow trade for Trent Williams. I know Simmons was a steal at that stage, but Kyler Murray will be running for his life if he's not careful.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 23rd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:35 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450522
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Through ten picks, I'm leading with 8 correct picks.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:43 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450523
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Ruggs over Lamb & Jeudy? Bad pick, Las Vegas.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:55 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450524
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Of course Brady gets Wirfs. ;_;
Warrior13 Posted: 21:34 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450525
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And Dennis scores a point with Arnette going to the Raiders at #19!

Why didn't I keep him there? ;_;

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 23rd 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:45 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450526
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Packers trade up to draft Love. Hilarious! XD
Displaying Page 19 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close