Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 23 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 23:14 Feb02 2021 Post ID: 3453263
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
There are only a few ways I can see Bengals getting Sewell at #5:

1) Jets go WR at #2, Miami trades out
2) Texans get #2 and go QB, Miami trades out
3) Jets and Miami both go WR

All seem unlikely. They will probably need to trade if they want him.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:38 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453264
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I can see the Texans trading up and going QB and then Miami goes WR. But I could also see Houston taking him. A guy like that is almost guaranteed to make your team instantly better more than any other position. Like Nelson on the colts.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Feb 3rd 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 11:32 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453267
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I cannot see the Texans getting Sewell if they get #2, unless they also get Darnold in that trade. Tunsil was a Pro Bowler last year, and I cannot see drafting a RT otherwise. That said, Tunsil and Sewell would instantly give the Texans a Top 5 LT/RT combo, which would help Darnold.

If Sewell is there at #3 and they do not get a heck on an offer from a team looking to jump Atlanta, I think it would be hard for the Phins to go WR over him. Chase has some character concerns, Smith has some weight concerns, and Waddle has injury concerns. Sewell, on the other hand, does not have any of that.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:36 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453268
steelersrock01
+
I feel like if the Texans make a Watson trade with the Jets Darnold will have to be included. But yeah, I mostly agree.

Do the Dolphins have OL issues? I figured their biggest need was skill positions, though it's hard to argue against o-line help when you've got a young QB.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:40 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453271
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm not even sure the Texans are going to deal him at this point, unless he tells them straight up that he'll retire if they don't do so. They literally have power over him because of the deal he signed last year that sees them in control of his fate for the next seven years (four left on the deal, and another possible three for franchise tags). But if he tells them he's done with the organization, I think they would trade him in a heartbeat.

Miami's O-Line is so-so. They drafted Jackson last year from USC in the 1st, but he had an up and down year (as was expected since drafting him was more about the potential of what he could be down the road). They also drafted Hunt to play RT in the 2nd last year, but he could easily move in to Guard if they draft Sewell. Jackson would stay at LT, since Tua is left handed and thus his blindside comes from the right (which is why you would put the better of the two at RT). If Miami had more picks, something that could easily be down by trading down, I would say they could stand to draft two tackles and a center. Jackson and Hunt could easily play guard if the tackles they draft are better, or vice versa.

Miami has a lot of holes despite going 10-6; makes you wonder how they even won that many games (until you factor in the weaker schedule and Flores' coaching). Honestly, Miami could use three O-Lineman (a real LT/RT, a Guard to upgrade Fisher, and a Center to upgrade Kerras), a real RB, a true #1 WR, a backup TE, two Edge Rushers, one DT, two LBs, and one or two safeties. Yeah... Gonna put the draft picks we have (and can gain) to good use... Hopefully...

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 3rd 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:12 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453272
steelersrock01
+
Well, I think you could call it a good draft if they get even 3 serviceable players. Nobody hits on all their picks.
Matt77 Posted: 20:30 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453273
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Something that's worth remembering, is that several top prospects in this year's draft didn't play at all in the most recent college season. If I remember correctly, Penei Sewell and Ja'Marr Chase are two who opted out. Quite often several college players will be projected as 1st round picks, but have a poor season and have their stocks drop drastically. And also the other way round. There may be some players with hidden potential who were bound to have a breakout season, but opted out.

Imagine if the pandemic happened a year prior, and Joe Burrow decided to opt out due to family or medical reasons. He would've been drafted in the 4th round by a random team, and that team would've got a franchise QB.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Matt77 Posted: 21:30 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453275
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Projected Trade:
- NY Jets send picks 2 & 23 (among other picks) to Houston in exchange for Deshaun Watson

#1 Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence (QB)

#2 Texans* - Zach Wilson (QB)

#3 Dolphins - Penei Sewell (OT)

#4 Falcons - Justin Fields (QB)

#5 Bengals - DeVonta Smith (WR)

#6 Eagles - Ja'Marr Chase (WR)

#7 Lions - Micah Parsons (LB)

#8 Panthers - Trey Lance (QB)

#9 Broncos - Kwity Paye (DL)

#10 Cowboys - Caleb Farley (CB)

#11 Giants - Kyle Pitts (TE)

#12 49ers - Patrick Surtain II (CB)

#13 Chargers - Wyatt Davis (OT)

#14 Vikings - Rashawn Slater (OT)

#15 Patriots - Jaylen Waddle (WR)

#16 Cardinals - Gregory Rousseau (EDGE)

#17 Raiders - Nick Bolton (LB)

#18 Dolphins - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB)

#19 Washington - Mac Jones (QB)

#20 Bears - Rondale Moore (WR)

#21 Colts - Alijah Vera-Tucker (OT)

#22 Titans - Patrick Jones II (EDGE)

#23 Texans* - Christian Darrisaw (OT)

#24 Steelers - Travis Etienne (RB)

#25 Jaguars - Trey Smith (OT)

#26 Browns - Christian Barmore (DL)

#27 Ravens - Pat Freiermuth (TE)

#28 Saints - Derion Kendrick (CB)

#29 Packers - Rashod Bateman (WR)

#30 Bills - Jalen Mayfield (OT)

#31 Buccaneers - Najee Harris (RB)

#32 Chiefs - Joseph Ossai (LB)

Feedback is hard since we don't have a great idea how the draft will go yet. All I'll say yet is that Warrior & Dennis, your mocks were very solid. Mike yours was too, except Micah Parsons is too good to fall to #18, and Trey Lance is a better prospect than Mac Jones. But I expect we'll all get a better understanding in a few weeks/months.

Me and Dennis had 4 picks the same
Me and Warrior had 5 picks the same
Me and Mike had 4 picks the same

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 3rd 2021 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 21:45 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453276
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Woah...

WR to Bengals over Pitts or OT? :O

Paye before CB to Broncos? Farley before Surtain? :O :O

Davis (actually a guard and not tackle) as high as thirteen? :O :O :O

Bolton before Owusu? :O :O :O :O

Moore, Jones II, Smith, Friermuth, and Bateman all in the 1st? :O :O :O :O :O

Brah... My mind is blown... XD
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:52 Feb03 2021 Post ID: 3453279
steelersrock01
+
I've seen some mocks with Bateman going in the first. I don't think him and Moore will go in the first but it's plausible.

One thing I'm almost positive on is that Surtain will be the first CB picked. Hard doubt on the Ravens taking a TE in the first with Andrews being very solid and some players that are going to be leaving in free agency.

Other than that not much else to say since we're so far from the draft.
Matt77 Posted: 00:20 Feb04 2021 Post ID: 3453281
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - I don't know enough about the prospects outside the top 10, so I look at team needs and the draft prospect rankings on CBS. So I did have logic in my choices, but blame it on CBS if it's wrong xD

But I am sticking with Cincy going WR. I know they have Tee Higgins, but AJ Green is getting very old & Burrow could use another top WR. Smith and Chase are definite top 10 prospects imo, so it would be a value pick rather than meeting a need. From what I've read, Pitts seems like a borderline top 10 pick, so it may be a risk taking him. And I'm aware that they need an OT, but I have Sewell being taken, and I think taking the 2nd best OT at pick 5 would be a reach.

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:17 Feb04 2021 Post ID: 3453282
steelersrock01
+
That's fair. After O Line the best way to help out a young QB are receivers and a stud RB, and they already have Joe Mixon. If Oline at 5 is a reach and they want to draft for fit instead of best player available I can see them taking a receiver.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:37 Feb04 2021 Post ID: 3453285
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Definitely use 24/7 sports, walterfootball, and pro football network for mock drafts. CBS and NFL.com are terrible. ESPN is good too, but they cost. I was just kidding on most of that. Like Mike said, quite early. But definitely Pitts for the Bengals over a WR if Sewell is gone; Pitts is soaring lately, some say he could be a wideout and compare him to Megatron. I have seen some mock him to the Phins over Smith and Chase. His forty yard dash would seal the notions of him being the second best player in the draft.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 4th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 04:51 Feb06 2021 Post ID: 3453290
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Great mock draft Matt, I hope you are wrong about Washington selecting Mac Jones, the guys a pocket passer with no mobility.

I'm hearing that the price for Deshaun Watson is too high for Washington (3 first rounders, Sweat and Curl). I've also heard Ron Riveria and the management have set their sights on Justin Fields and will be looking to trade up with possibly Detroit to get him if he is still available at 7 so it looks like we will be waiting to see what Atlanta does.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 6th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 22:37 Feb10 2021 Post ID: 3453304
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Lawrence needs microscopic surgery on his non throwing shoulder, so he is going to have his Pro Day in two days so he can throw before having it. Will be nice to see how far he can fling it, as well as if he has fixed some of his footwork issues.

Will remain #1 no matter what.
Sanzano Posted: 10:39 Feb11 2021 Post ID: 3453305
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Warrior13, I'm hearing the Texans are not taking any calls for Deshaun Watson, makes me wonder if there is any truth to what I heard yesterday. The Jaguars giving the Texans the overall number 1 pick which is obviously Trevor Lawrence plus undisclosed draft picks for Deshaun Watson.

I had to laugh at the Eagles asking for 2 number one picks so they can recoup their losses for Carson Wentz. They'll be lucky if they get a round 2 pick for him. I did my homework on Wentz when I found out Washington were interested and the guy is toxic in the locker room. Selfish, arrogant and not a team player. I don't think Ron Rivera will take him, not his type of player.

Sam Darnold though is a possibility for Washington.

Warrior13 Posted: 12:33 Feb11 2021 Post ID: 3453308
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Jags have already said they aren't giving up the #1 Pick. Lawrence projects to be way better than Watson, plus he has a low cap hit for the next four years.

Eagles might get one 1st Rounder for him, but that's it. I would only give up that much for if I was the Colts, since I have a playoff team set for him. Him going to the Bears doesn't make sense to me.

I've also heard Darnold as a possibility for the Niners. Too many moving blocks at this point.

Then you have Wilson unhappy with he Seahawks for the protection he has had ever since being a rookie. Doesn't sound like he wants a trade, but his comments have caused teams to start calling them. Crazy.
Matt77 Posted: 09:22 Feb12 2021 Post ID: 3453312
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis - I do not rate Mac Jones at all, but had him in because a few mocks I've read had him in the 1st round.

Warrior - TE would be a luxury pick (Gesicki is underrated) that we can't afford to make. We need to go either WR or OT with our pick 3.

I wonder how long it will take for there to be a big trade of picks? Every year at least 1 happens. I'd like to see Miami trade down slightly and gain some extra draft capital. Who knows, we could even get a desperate team to give up the house to move up 10+ spots.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:53 Feb12 2021 Post ID: 3453316
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't really think Pitts would be a luxury pick. If he runs a fast enough 40, many would consider him a WR. He's being compared to Megatron, big and fast WR. Again, he'll have to run a 4.40 at the very least for that. If he can't, then yes, definitely a TE and way too high for such.

I would also like to see Miami fall back and get loads of picks, but I don't want them picking any later than #12. The way I see the draft board, I think either Chase, Smith, Waddle or Pitts should still be around at that point. The Giants at #11 worries me slightly about falling to #12, but I'd have to think one of those four guys will still be there, especially if 4 QBs go in the Top 10 (as many are now expecting). Would love it even more if we could fall back and still get one of those guys, and then Mac Jones is still available at #18. Could get another desperate late first round team to give us even more picks.
Matt77 Posted: 06:43 Feb13 2021 Post ID: 3453322
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think trading down with Carolina would be the best bet, and the most likely. Carolina need a QB, and we still need a top 10 pick imo (for either a WR or Parsons).

Bold (or maybe not so bold?) prediction - Someone WILL trade up with either NY Jets, Miami, or Atlanta.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 23 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close