Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

What starter pokemon seems the strongest?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Chaos™ Posted at: 23:44 Feb15 2007 Post ID: 1371943
Chaos™
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 15-Feb-2007 nyeem78 said:Ok double checked today while playing Leafgreen...
I spelled it OH-HO

I agree with Charmander being really strong & it looks like Chimchar is looking to follow in that suit as well.
[[I already knew what ya meaned, cuz I thought about it, lol, and there was no way that I thought that you ment what ya sed, spelling it backwards when it will just come up as ho-oh all over again, so I sed maybe she ment saying it backwards...aaahhhhh... *lightbulb appears over head* XD]]
[center]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Fwank Posted at: 08:59 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372232
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
yay i'm joining in coz i'm bored~

and i'm aparentli outraged by the uselessness of the new grass type, so i can't rationali explain why i don't like it~ all i can say is

grass/ground, wtf

i'm loving the steel penguin (for once liking the water starter more than the grass) and fire monkey is basicali blaziken on steroids, oh and i guess u'd have to say monkies are stronger than chickens (they're placed before chickens in chinese zodiac) but the grass/ground thing is just freaking me out: the heck is it? why is it so useless? did groudon give birth to that island? wtf? not to mention the english translation wants us to believe it's a turtle...

but hecccck have they used a DOG as a pokemon yet? like something that's NOT modeled after a freaking tiger/lion??
Chaos™ Posted at: 10:15 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372307
Chaos™
+
+
On 16-Feb-2007 Fwank said:yay i'm joining in coz i'm bored~

and i'm aparentli outraged by the uselessness of the new grass type, so i can't rationali explain why i don't like it~ all i can say is

grass/ground, wtf

i'm loving the steel penguin (for once liking the water starter more than the grass) and fire monkey is basicali blaziken on steroids, oh and i guess u'd have to say monkies are stronger than chickens (they're placed before chickens in chinese zodiac) but the grass/ground thing is just freaking me out: the heck is it? why is it so useless? did groudon give birth to that island? wtf? not to mention the english translation wants us to believe it's a turtle...

but hecccck have they used a DOG as a pokemon yet? like something that's NOT modeled after a freaking tiger/lion??
[[houndoom perhaps, is close to just being a dog]]
[center]
nyeem78 Posted at: 10:19 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372313
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 15-Feb-2007 Chaos? said:[[I already knew what ya meaned, cuz I thought about it, lol, and there was no way that I thought that you ment what ya sed, spelling it backwards when it will just come up as ho-oh all over again, so I sed maybe she ment saying it backwards...aaahhhhh... *lightbulb appears over head* XD]]
lol, yup...I had to clarify what I was talking about.

I been looking at Turtwig...he sucks kinda but he last evolution Treetoise (I read that on a Japanese/English site) keeps looking more and more cool to me.

As a matter of fact all the last EVo's for all the starters look really cool. The penguin has the coolest looking last evo though.

Still the Hikozaru/Chimchar (I Hate that name) is the strongest.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Chaos™ Posted at: 10:44 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372376
Chaos™
+
+
If his name is Treetoise...thats a lil better than his starter turtwig, cuz tha toise makes me think of Blastoise
[center]
Volke Posted at: 13:35 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372678
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Although he'll be better than Blastoise. So people will think of Treetoise first. I thought turtles were water animals though.

Mightyena is also a dog, but it's crap enough to be classed as a puppy...
ashaman_kae_17 Posted at: 13:54 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372720
ashaman_kae_17
Post Likes: 3
+
+
And Entei is another dog...makes me think of a Mastiff...
oh and havnt you ever seen Land Turtles Volke? Land Turtle from Greece, Another land turtle, and heres a Galapagos Land Turtle
...and I thought you were in...intelligence

« Last edited by ashaman_kae_17 on Feb 16th 2007 »
[b][center]
[color=darkred]drop me a line on my Gaia account: X x XCaracarnX x X
Volke Posted at: 13:57 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372730
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 16-Feb-2007 ashaman_kae_17 said:And Entei is another dog...makes me think of a Mastiff...
oh and havnt you ever seen Land Turtles Volke? Land Turtle from Greece, Another land turtle, and heres a Galapagos Land Turtle
...and I thought you were in...intelligence
Entei doesn't really look like one.

Are you insulting me? Because I have heard of land turtles. But there are more land turtles. And when I say I'm in intelligence it doesn't entirely mean that, it also has other meanings. Mine applies to multiple meanings.

EDIT: Why did my post appear in Italics? I didn't use the BB Code feature...

« Last edited by Volke on Feb 16th 2007 »
ashaman_kae_17 Posted at: 14:11 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372778
ashaman_kae_17
+
+
I know what you mean! I wasnt insulting you! I was simply pointing out your statement "I thought turtles were water animals though"

« Last edited by ashaman_kae_17 on Feb 16th 2007 »
[b][center]
Volke Posted at: 14:16 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372799
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 16-Feb-2007 ashaman_kae_17 said:I know what you mean! I wasnt insulting you! I was simply pointing out your statement "I thought turtles were water animals though"
Good thinking. I might do that for a little.....fun.

Ah, okay. It's just the way you said it, I took things the wrong way, my apologies.
ashaman_kae_17 Posted at: 14:20 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1372809
ashaman_kae_17
+
+
and shhh...*grin*
sorry bout the misunderstanding! and oh...I havnt stated myself...out of all my posts which one appears to be the strongest...Id probably have to say the penguin
[b][center]
nyeem78 Posted at: 19:03 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1373811
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 16-Feb-2007 Volke said:Although he'll be better than Blastoise. So people will think of Treetoise first. I thought turtles were water animals though.

Mightyena is also a dog, but it's crap enough to be classed as a puppy...
I so agree with you on Mightyena being crap....it was however funny that you classed him as a puppy. LMAO at that statement.

Most of the starters seem well rounded in different ways.

I don't believe none is stronger than the other. Its all in how well you train them up.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Fwank Posted at: 20:55 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1374305
Fwank
+
+
holy crap i forgot about all of them, shame on me for forgettin the fabled dark types

the ledgendary "dogs" didn't look like dogs, suicune looked most like a dog, if you consider a blue dog with wiskers and a natural perm to be a dog, raikou was modeled after a riger with a moustache, and entei was a liger at best

actuali if i think about it almost all things on all fours that are monotyped are supposed to be dogs

too bad they look so retarded

in other news: worst dual type ever to have been born! grass/ground ftl!!
Chaos™ Posted at: 08:39 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375406
Chaos™
+
+
On 16-Feb-2007 Fwank said:holy crap i forgot about all of them, shame on me for forgettin the fabled dark types

the ledgendary "dogs" didn't look like dogs, suicune looked most like a dog, if you consider a blue dog with wiskers and a natural perm to be a dog, raikou was modeled after a riger with a moustache, and entei was a liger at best

actuali if i think about it almost all things on all fours that are monotyped are supposed to be dogs

too bad they look so retarded

in other news: worst dual type ever to have been born! grass/ground ftl!!
I actually like the 3 legendary dogs, entei is the stongest cuz of his stats, and he's also my buddy cuz he's fire along with moltres being my other buddy cuz he's fire, and grass/ground might not look like a good combo cuz of watching out for ice moves and such, but I gotta feeling that in the end, its gonna be a great combo...
[center]
Fwank Posted at: 09:27 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375535
Fwank
+
+
it's confirmed: "chaos is no threat on wifi"

nothing personal =P

nah honestli, the typing isn't my issue, look at his movesets: it doesn't support the typing in any particular way, and it doesn't give any new resistance, infact onli amplifies old weakness (which is ice, and most common ice attack is ice beam for TM abundance, which is special, and the island turtle is physical oriented)

onli good thing about that thing is it doesn't take damage from sandstorm, therefore making it a valid addition to a TSS team that also sports leech seed now, but either steel/rock would've done the same

grass/ground = gives STAB EQ, MAYBE access to some ground moves, which are all pretty useless and dumb

grass/rock = resistance to normal, nullify flying/bug/fire, double weak to ice (no diff from grass/ground), gives stab to rock attacks which hurts flying/bug/ice
Volke Posted at: 09:53 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375593
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Chaos - Entei is the most overrated pok�mon ever. And Moltres is right beside him in the crap pok�mon station.

Fwank - I would agree with you there; Grass/Rock would have been better. Swampert gets STAB Earthquake anyway, but Swampert only has one weakness and has a far better movepool.
Big Shady Posted at: 09:57 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375600
Big Shady
+
+
I will show you all! Grass/Ground will win! Just gotta have the right moves and... hold item.
Hmph.

Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Volke Posted at: 09:59 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375604
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Big Shady said:I will show you all! Grass/Ground will win! Just gotta have the right moves and... hold item.
I don't have anything against it. I actually prefer it to the other two. But I would have preferred it to be Grass/Rock.
Fwank Posted at: 10:28 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375652
Fwank
+
+
i saw this as basicali a swampert, a tank who can switch in on most huge attackers, but being part grass means STAB flying hurts alot, and most DDD's or CB's carry one SP atk to fend off walls; most common being

... oh, i just had an evil idea... having BOTH of them on the same freaking team... zomfg imba?

(LOL did i just figured out what he's for, daym i'm awesome)
Volke Posted at: 10:29 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375656
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Fwank said:i saw this as basicali a swampert, a tank who can switch in on most huge attackers, but being part grass means STAB flying hurts alot, and most DDD's or CB's carry one SP atk to fend off walls; most common being

... oh, i just had an evil idea... having BOTH of them on the same freaking team... zomfg imba?

(LOL did i just figured out what he's for, daym i'm awesome)
Yes, like you said, Grass/Rock > Grass/Ground.

That would be an absolute killer. I'll try that out myself.
Displaying Page 8 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close