Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

What starter pokemon seems the strongest?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Fwank Posted at: 10:37 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375670
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
grass/rock weak to fighting, weak to EQ, just realised i wasn't looking at grass/ground's freaking strength... i'll probabli look more into this, but individualli speaking i can see both fire/water starters are superior to our grassy little fwend here...

(affromentioned: my P/D ground monoteam would be rape with 2 tanks)
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted at: 10:41 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375675
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Fwank said:grass/rock weak to fighting, weak to EQ, just realised i wasn't looking at grass/ground's freaking strength... i'll probabli look more into this, but individualli speaking i can see both fire/water starters are superior to our grassy little fwend here...

(affromentioned: my P/D ground monoteam would be rape with 2 tanks)
Actually Earthquake would be neutral on it, since Grass takes half damage from Ground moves. Most Grass types are Grass/Poison though.

The monkey thing is basically a faster, weaker Blaziken and the penguin thing has a poor special movepool with great Special Attack, and a great physical movepool with just-above-average Attack.
Fwank Posted at: 11:03 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375731
Fwank
+
+
my bad for not remember grass subtype, this means i can even switch in on earthquakes

oh joyous day, the day where i refind my love for the grass starters

lay off the penguin, he tanks everything xept for elec/fight/ground, which swampert/landturtle totali cover his butt for

zomfg just realised the starters go together reali freaking well as opposed to the old games

the penguin can learn swords dance naturali, can learn a stab steel claw, the best flying move drill peck, a stab quick attack that's physical, while also being able to learn trapool, and being resistant to so many stuff lets it set up easily, it also learns tide, a move that becomes hydro pump is foe is below 50% hp, which spels OHKO

this thing is feraligator and blastoised combined, zomfg
Volke Posted at: 11:09 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375748
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Fwank said:my bad for not remember grass subtype, this means i can even switch in on earthquakes

lay off the penguin, he tanks everything xept for elec/fight/ground, which swampert/landturtle totali cover his butt for

zomfg just realised the starters go together reali freaking well as opposed to the old games

the penguin can learn swords dance naturali, can learn a stab steel claw, the best flying move drill peck, a stab quick attack that's physical, while also being able to learn trapool, and being resistant to so many stuff lets it set up easily, it also learns tide, a move that becomes hydro pump is foe is below 50% hp, which spels OHKO

Yeah, I was just looking over them on Serebii. You have a point, I forgot the penguin even learnt Swords Dance at all. Okay, the turtle and the penguin rule.

More like Feraligatr and Blastoise combined x 3

EDIT: Just realised they, like the Kanto starters, learn Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant. I'm definately getting Wi-Fi now, so I can completely destroy every n00b who uses the above mentioned moves and laugh at their stupidity.

« Last edited by Volke on Feb 17th 2007 »
nyeem78 Posted at: 12:12 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375974
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Volke said:Yeah, I was just looking over them on Serebii. You have a point, I forgot the penguin even learnt Swords Dance at all. Okay, the turtle and the penguin rule.

More like Feraligatr and Blastoise combined x 3

EDIT: Just realised they, like the Kanto starters, learn Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant. I'm definately getting Wi-Fi now, so I can completely destroy every n00b who uses the above mentioned moves and laugh at their stupidity.
You might be the main one being destroyed.

The new startes by far are much more cooler than their predecesors.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Penguin4.0 Posted at: 19:03 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1377165
Penguin4.0
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Fwank said:my bad for not remember grass subtype, this means i can even switch in on earthquakes

Along with this it can also learn moves such as brick break which is a very useful fighting move when combined with sword dance, earthquake which is able to counter its weakness to electric, and rock slide which can defeat types such as bug, flying, and fire. Then you can also breed this pokemon to obtain the move aqua ring that has an effect to recover health to the pokemon who activates this move for a certain amount of time.

Join Brawl Central for the ultimate super smash brothers experience http://teams.supercheats.co...lcentral

Brawl friend code: 3179-5772-9142
Blazin Torchic Posted at: 19:28 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1377248
Blazin Torchic
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Penguin4.0 said:Along with this it can also learn moves such as brick break which is a very useful fighting move when combined with sword dance, earthquake which is able to counter its weakness to electric, and rock slide which can defeat types such as bug, flying, and fire. Then you can also breed this pokemon to obtain the move aqua ring that has an effect to recover health to the pokemon who activates this move for a certain amount of time.
Yay! Enperuto is the best!! Well, in my opinion. It's good that it can't get poisoned also.
Fwank Posted at: 01:37 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1377743
Fwank
+
+
haha, it's a shame aqua jet isn't special... i'm thinking of seeing the message supereffective, then seeing the hp bar drop by 1/4, and thinking "lol... why is aggron so tank..."

but then it's original movepool is already beyond useful, but it's eggmoves sorta seems underrated...

lol volke, man stuff that, i'd rather USE those attacks and lol @ them gettin owned by it

(or just breed splash onto your pokes, like switch gyara in, and splash, and they just switched out XD lawl)
nyeem78 Posted at: 07:49 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378100
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Yes the water starter does have some main advantages but the other's are still powerful as well.

This group of starters are really well rounded.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Chaos™ Posted at: 09:18 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378275
Chaos™
+
+
On 17-Feb-2007 Volke said:Chaos - Entei is the most overrated pok�mon ever. And Moltres is right beside him in the crap pok�mon station.

Fwank - I would agree with you there; Grass/Rock would have been better. Swampert gets STAB Earthquake anyway, but Swampert only has one weakness and has a far better movepool.
Yo, you can diss the pokemon I like all you want, but when the games come out, Im going to take you down with those pokemon, you just wait, cuz I think you judge pokemon way to easily by stats and background, the only thing that matters is training and moves, so just keep dissing my pokemon all you want, but I'll prove you all wrong that my pokemon teams do not suck.
[center]
Volke Posted at: 09:40 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378313
Volke
Executioner
+
+
nyeem78 - Yamn, what was that again?

ChaosTM: Training and moves, I know that. Entei has a crap movepool that matches his stats very badly (EDIT: AND he's a pure Fire type) and Moltres has a bad movepool pretty much making him a not-so-good Charizard. They are THE worst legendaries, ask Fwank and/or Espeondude_ if you don't believe me, since they seem to be the most knowledgable chaps in this forum.

« Last edited by Volke on Feb 18th 2007 »
Chaos™ Posted at: 09:42 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378317
Chaos™
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 Volke said:nyeem78 - Yamn, what was that again?

ChaosTM: Training and moves, I know that. Entei has a crap movepool that matches his stats very badly (EDIT: AND he's a pure Fire type) and Moltres has a bad movepool pretty much making him a not-so-good Charizard. They are THE worst legendaries, ask Fwank and/or Espeondude_ if you don't believe me, since they seem to be the most knowledgable chaps in this forum.
[[no offence]] but I dont care what yall pokemon raters believe, I have great talent to use pokemon that "yall" claim "sucks" and I can whoop ya with these "sucky" pokemon [[no offence and not tryin to sound coky]]
[center]
nyeem78 Posted at: 09:46 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378330
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 Volke said:nyeem78 - Yamn, what was that again?

Um what is Yamn, what were you trying to tell me Volke.

I agree with Chaos many people pokemon think are sucky other trainer's use them in better retrospect.

I have battle a lot of my friends whom I think the pokemon they use suck, but I gain a whole lot of perspective when I see how combinations and movepools can set any pokemon you choose to a better advantage.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Volke Posted at: 09:47 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378332
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 Chaos? said:[[no offence]] but I dont care what yall pokemon raters believe, I have great talent to use pokemon that "yall" claim "sucks" and I can whoop ya with these "sucky" pokemon [[no offence and not tryin to sound coky]]
Okay, I have no problem with you believing that, but trust me - your statement will be tested.
Chaos™ Posted at: 09:52 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378338
Chaos™
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 Volke said:Okay, I have no problem with you believing that, but trust me - your statement will be tested.
Im ready for the test, just remember that conversation that we had about my Blastiose against your Swampert (swampert thats claimed to be the best pokemon in all starters)
[center]
nyeem78 Posted at: 09:53 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378342
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
You two are really battle rivals. I so want to see you guys battle.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Chaos™ Posted at: 09:56 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378349
Chaos™
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 nyeem78 said:You two are really battle rivals. I so want to see you guys battle.
Yeah, I cant wait to battle volke, espeondude, and fwank AKA the pokemon raters.]]
[center]
nyeem78 Posted at: 09:59 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378356
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 Chaos? said:Yeah, I cant wait to battle volke, espeondude, and fwank AKA the pokemon raters.]]
I hope they are good. I hope you are good. You gotta bring the battle because I don't think those guys are gonna let you down easy.

They seem to be ready to crush you.

Hmm maybe me and you can both be partners against many of them n some two and two battles.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Chaos™ Posted at: 10:07 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378379
Chaos™
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 nyeem78 said:I hope they are good. I hope you are good. You gotta bring the battle because I don't think those guys are gonna let you down easy.

They seem to be ready to crush you.

Hmm maybe me and you can both be partners against many of them n some two and two battles.
[[yeah that wud be cool, but if they aint ready to crush me in a battle, then I hope they have a great back up plan.]]
[center]
nyeem78 Posted at: 10:09 Feb18 2007 Post ID: 1378382
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 18-Feb-2007 Chaos? said:[[yeah that wud be cool, but if they aint ready to crush me in a battle, then I hope they have a great back up plan.]]
I hope so too, but it seems like they are ready so I guess all of that will be put to the test any days after Aprill 22nd or atleast when everyone completes their game so they can trade their teams from previous games to the new generation and take it from their.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Displaying Page 9 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close