Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 39 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 22:48 Apr30 2021 Post ID: 3454108
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Davis Mills to Texans is all anyone is talking about. Watson clearly has played his last in Houston.

Some great players left of the board. I have no idea how LB Jabril Cox and DT Daviyon Nixon are still available.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 30th 2021 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:08 May01 2021 Post ID: 3454109
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I'm happy with the steelers picks Day 2. Would've liked to go OL in the 2nd and TE later but I am happy with Freiermuth. A steady TE that can block and catch short passes has been missing since Heath Miller retired.
Matt77 Posted: 09:11 May02 2021 Post ID: 3454110
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Some weird picks by Miami. Passing on Owusu-Koramoah, and then trading up only to pass on him again, was beyond stupid. Also passing on Moehrig was stupid. Overall it sounds like the picks we made were ok I guess, even if we could've drafted better.

But it's very similar to last year's draft. We had the opportunity to get some absolute steals that everyone was bizarrely passing on, and instead made reaches. Given how many picks we had, last draft was meh. Our offseason recruiting seemed good, but in the end it was a disaster since we cut players on big salaries. This draft is very similar. Hopefully we are smarter with free agency signings this time round.

Houston drafting a QB with their first pick is the right move. Lets say they trade Watson for maybe a 1st rounder (they've allowed his trade value to get lower and lower), and Mills is a bust which is the most likely outcome, they will have a top 5 pick to draft their franchise QB, plus will have an extra 2022 1st rounder to fill a need.

If Watson is indeed on the move, these are the only realistic destinations remaining:
- Las Vegas (Carr isn't a lock as the future franchise QB)
- Denver (Lock doesn't have a lock on the starting QB job)
- Washington (Fitz is the starter)
- New Orleans (lost Brees)
- Carolina (Darnold doesn't have a lock on the job)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:05 May02 2021 Post ID: 3454111
steelersrock01
+
Poor Derek Carr. I think he's a very good QB and his only issue is some iffy decision making and some fumbling. Many teams will also not have the cap room to take on Watson's contract. I think he's staying put until his situation resolves.
Sanzano Posted: 11:15 May02 2021 Post ID: 3454112
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Thanks guys, my father is back home from the hospital.

Not sure what to make of the draft, there were some strange selections. Didn't see the Bears walking away with Justin Fields, the last time Chicago had a decent quarterback was when they had Jim McMahon and that is early to mid 80's and he never threw for more than 4,000 yards when he played for the Bears. I'm still not sure why Fields suddenly plummeted, I'm sure the reason will eventually come out.

A bit concerened about the Patriots picking up Mac Jones, he's a perfect fit for their system. A younger Tom Brady. You don't have to have mobile quarterbacks to win Super Bowls and the system that New England plays would benefit a deadly accurate pocket passer like Jones.

Why did Owusu-Koramoah drop? I understand why Washington passed him as he is a left side linebacker whereas Jamin Davis is a middle linebacker, but the Dolphins passing him surprised me. Why did the Dolphins also pass on Trevon Moehrig, he would have been a steal.

Looks like the Dolphins are all in on Tua, grabbing Waddle was a great pick as the two already have chemistry from Alabama.

I'm glad Washington picked up Jamin Davis and not Mica Parsons, I love the way Ron Rivera thinks. He's trying to build a winning culture and doesn't want selfish players regardless of how much talent they have. I believe Miami are trying to do the same thing.

Two teams I will be interested in following in 2021 are the Browns and Chargers. The Browns are now loaded with talent on defense and the Chargers added some good picks in the draft to their team. I don't think the 49rs will be able to win a Super Bowl with Trey Lance for a couple of years as I didn't realise how raw the kid is. He looks great on highlight film running over defensive players but he won't be able to do that in the NFL. He tries that with someone like Chase Young he will end up in hospital.

I was quite pleased with Washington's haul in the draft, they filled all the holes and didn't do anything stupid. I didn't realise what a freak Jamin Davies is, that's three now including Chase Young and Montez Sweat Washington have. All the sports shows I have been watching say the defense has just got faster with the acquisitions in the draft which is scary prospect, I can't wait for the first game of the season.

Aaron Rogers is up for grabs, not sure if I'd want him at Washington to be honest. From what I've read he sounds like an arrogant and selfish player. I can see him going to Denver as Drew Lock is obviously not the answer there. The 49rs enquired about Rogers, offering the 3rd pick of the draft plus some other draft picks but the Packers declined. In hindsight, they should have jumped at the opportunity to restart their franchise as Rogers has made it clear he doesn't want to play in Green Bay anymore.

I wonder what will happen to DeShaun Watson, teams now are sorted for the new season. I haven't heard much about him lately except for more accusations. I wouldn't want him playing for Washington now either, great player but a seedy character.

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:26 May02 2021 Post ID: 3454113
steelersrock01
+
No idea about Owusu. The usual suspect is medical issues that get found out last minute. That's probably why Farley dropped a bit, he has some back issues.

IDK what to think about Rodgers. I think both sides have a point. He has a habit of acting like the team surrounding him is complete trash, but they've got a top-3 receiver, top 10 RB, decent TE and a good o line, along with a top-10 defense. Brady won with much worse weapons in New England.

But on the other hand his grievances are valid - they drafted his replacement in the first round when they could've gotten a weapon last year, and then reached for yet another defensive back in the first round this year. And they never make any moves in free agency. If I was Rodgers and my team drafted a project in the first round to replace me after I had a "down year" (still top 10 in the league) after a decade of top-5 QB play I'd be upset too. The reports that he won't come back unless they fire their GM are a bit silly though.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:59 May02 2021 Post ID: 3454114
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My NFL Draft Grades

Buffalo Bills: B
Tampa Bay showed how to defeat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl: Pressure, Pressure, and More Pressure. So what do the Bills do? Use not just their 1st but also their 2nd on an Edge Rusher. Rousseau is a risk after only having one big year in College, while Basham is a more safe pick but has the lowest ceiling of all the Top DEs. Middle Round Picks were decent, love WR Stevenson and S Hamlin for additional depth.

Miami Dolphins: B
Difficult to grade the Dolphins. Waddle and Phillips have the chance to be huge boom picks, but both have had previous injuries. Their Day 2 Picks had the common theme of being proven consistent talents in College. Unfortunately, didn't have a pick for 150 Selection after #81, but they did fill basically all of their keys needs outside of RB and LB. Watch out for the Phins to be a sleeper Rodgers trade destination as they have three 1sts in the next two draft and could trade Tua for more of them.

New England Patriots: C
I don't really like the Patriots Class. Mac Jones is a fit, but he's not very talented. They got steals on Day 2 with Barmore and Perkins. Day 3 Picks were all for depth. If Mac Jones pans out, could easily be a higher grade.

New York Jets: B+
I love how the Jets gave barely any help to Darnold for three years but used their succeeding three selections to build around Wilson after taking him at #2. Wilson fills their greatest need, but could be a boom or bust player. I love their picks of Vera-Tucker, Moore, and Carter. I don't see them being all that great next year, but it's a step in the right direction.

Baltimore Ravens: B+
The Ravens usually score high year after year, and this draft is no different. Bateman will fits perfectly alongside Hollywood Brown and the aging Watkins, while Oweh has all the potential in the world. Cleveland could fill the hole left by Yanda a few years ago. Wallace and Wade could be Middle Round Steals.

Cincinnati Bengals: B+
I didn't like them going Chase over Sewell, but they did pick up Carman in the second. I'm not sure if Carman will pan out as a LT, but he was a former 5-Star Recruit coming out of high school. Ossai in the 3rd and Shelvin in the 4th were great value.

Cleveland Browns: B
I had Newsome going as high as #20, so the Browns didn't reach for him. It didn't fill their greatest of needs, but it was nice selection considering they will need all the help in their Secondary if they ever want to dethrone the Chiefs. Owusu-Koramoah is the 2nd was a steal. All depth players after that.

Pittsburgh Steelers: B
The Steelers were clearly going for high upside guys. Harris, Friermuth, Green, Moore, and Johnson could easily all be starters next year and for years to come. Later Round Picks were decent.

Houston Texans: D
I get the Mills Pick since Watson is likely done for the Texans, but they honestly could've gotten a better role player and just tank next year. That said, I love Mills' potential. Jordan was also a good pick. Didn't like their other selections, though.

Indianapolis Colts: C
The Colts are usually better than this. Paye and Odeyinbo both have high ceilings, but they each come at a risk. Paye was a one year wonder, and Odeyinbo has serious injury concerns. If they pan out, they can each be superstars. The rest of their selections were just okay.

Jacksonville Jaguars: A
They were going to get an A regardless for walking away with Lawrence, but I like all of their picks through the first four rounds. Etienne is highly productive, Campbell is a former 5-Star Recruit, Little is a former 5-Star Recruit, Cisco would've gone late 1st if not for injuries, and Tufele and Smith should contribute Day 1.

Tennessee Titans: B-
Farley is either going to be a boom or bust guy depending on his durability. Radunz, Rice, Weaver, and Molden are solid, but not off the charts. Overall, a decent draft with some questions.

Denver Broncos: C
I thought they might add a CB at some point in the draft, but I would've never thought they would do so at #9. Clearly the Broncos are going to go all in on Rodgers. Not sure why they went with Williams since they have Gordon. Meinerz, Sterns, and Williams were nice picks.

Kansas City Chiefs: B+
Getting Bolton late in the 2nd was huge for the Chiefs; he should fit in nicely with them since they rotate their LBs constantly during games. Humphrey was a great pick as well; I think they will try to put him at Guard and move Long out to RT. Brown-Tuney-Blythe-Humphrey-Long would be a Top 5 O-Line. Trey Smith late could be the biggest steal of the draft if he can get his health in order; he is a Top 10 Draft Talent.

Las Vegas Raiders: C-
The Leatherwood pick was a reach, but I think we all expected a stretch for the Raiders. Getting Moehrig in the 2dn was great value as some people were mocking him to the Raiders in the 1st Round. I didn't care for the rest of their selections.

Los Angeles Chargers: A
Slater falling to #13 and Samuel to #47 were both dream scenarios for the Chargers. Palmer, Rumph, and McKitty should be nice backups. Nick Niemann could be a steal in the 6th after the Pro Day he had.

Dallas Cowboys: B
An up and down Draft for the Cowboys. I loved the Parsons and Joseph Picks; I did't care for the Odighizuma and Gholston selections. I loved the Cox, Fehoko, and Mukuamu Picks; I didn't care for all of their other ones.

New York Giants: A
After being robbed of Devonta Smith thanks to the Cowboys, the Giants were able to get WR4 while also adding a future 1st. That alone won the draft for them, but then they were able to also get Ojulari, Robinson, and Williams. Incredible.

Philadelphia Eagles: B
Kudos for the Eagles actually having the brains to leapfrog the Giants for Smith; he fills a huge need. I don't understand the Dickerson pick, but I guess they are getting set for when Kelce retires. Gainwell in the 5th could be a steal.

Washington Redskins: C
They had the opportunity to trade up for a guy like Fields, but chose not to. Even though the Davis and Cosmi picks were great, it's hard to give the Redskins a better grade when QB is still an issue. They will not be in the Rodgers Sweepstakes by all accounts. Ouch.

Chicago Bears: A
Getting Fields in the 1st and Jenkins in the 2nd says it all. Easily a great draft for the Bears despite their later selections only being decent. Eight teams were said to have had a higher grade on Fields than even Lawrence!

Detroit Lions: B
They clearly get an A for obtaining Sewell, but the Lions selections after that weren't stellar. Waiting until the 4th to get a WR might hurt them next year.

Green Bay Packers: F-
They could've traded Rodgers for the #3 Pick, and then the Packers could've selected Pitts at #3 and ELijah Moore at #29. Once could argue Adams+Moore+Pitts could be one of the best receiving trio in the entire NFL, and they clearly would've helped Love transition early on next year. Bad move. To make matters worse, the Packers then reached for Stokes, Myers, and Rodgers. Another horrible Draft Weekend for the Packers.

Minnesota Vikings: B+
Another year of the Vikings having so many selections that they walk away with a good grade. Trading back and still getting Darrisaw was awesome. I don't like choosing Mond over Mills, but their Surratt, Davis, Jones, Smith-Marsette, Bynum, and Twyman Picks were all great.

Atlanta Falcons: B
Great first three picks in Pitts, Grant, and Mayfield, but their rest were just decent. I think they really should've considered leapfrogging the Texans to nab Mills, but I don't mind them rolling with Matt Ryan for a few more years.

Carolina Panthers: A+
The best Draft Class in my eyes. Horn is a fierce competitor, and they desperately needing a CB. Marshall going late in the 2nd was incredible value. Christensen was a decent pick, but it does fill a need. Many think Tremble could eventually be the next Kittle so watch out for that, but at the bare minimum will be a great blocking H-Back for McCaffery. Hubbard is a nice backup option for McCaffery considering his recent injuries. Daviyon Nixon going #158 was a travesty. NFL Networks little Amazon Ratings thing has him 95/100. How in the world does a 1st Round talent fall to to 5th Round when there were absolutely no question makrs with the guy that I could find? Crazy. He will probably be another Iowa Hawkeye 5th Round steal (Kittle, King), awesome pick for the Panthers. Brown and Smith late were also great value.

New Orleans Saints: F
Overreach on Turner. Overreach on Werner. Gave up far too much to jump for Adebo. Horrible overreach on Book. Enough said.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: C
They literally drafted for depth the entire draft. Didn't love or hate any of their selections. A middle grade seems fair.

Arizona Cardinals: B
Productive freak athletes with their first three picks in Collins, Moore, and Wilson. Each comes with a few questions marks or concerns, but they could each be boom picks if they pan out. Later picks were just okay.

Los Angeles Rams: C
Much like the Bucs, I didn't love or hate any of the Rams picks. All of them were decent. Only negative I can really find is they didn't draft any O-Lineman, and I'm pretty sure they have a few holes along it to fill.

San Francisco 49ers: C
I love the fact they went with Lance over Jones (even though I still believe Fields was QB2), but I don't really like anything the 49ers did afterward. Not a shocker, though, since Shanahan and Lynch are usually inconsistent drafters.

Seattle Seahawks: F
You had Russell Wilson complaining enough about not having any blocking that there were floating rumors of him wanting to be trade. And yet, the Seahawks only select on O-Lineman in the draft, and not until the 6th Round. Horrible.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 2nd 2021 »
Matt77 Posted: 03:40 May03 2021 Post ID: 3454116
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Warrior - Lol, I forgot to grade LA Rams, Seattle & Houston.

LA Rams: B- (sound like they picked ok on Day 2. But I'm not a fan at all of trading away 1st rounders)
Seattle: C- (Seattle always have poor drafts)
Houston: C- (the players they drafted were ok considering the pick numbers. But not having a 1st round OR 2nd round selection is absolutely awful.

Dennis - I agree with LA Chargers. On paper they are a wildcard team at minimum. Herbert is likely to be a top 10 QB next season, and the team seems fairly balanced between offense and defense. Coaching will be key. They threw away, or should have thrown away many games last season.

Mike - Not sure what Green Bay are doing. They drafted Love last year in an effort to look towards the future, and then decided to keep an angry, sensitive QB instead of getting pick 3 and continuing on that long-term outlook. And to make matters worse, they AGAIN fail to draft a 1st round WR (Rondale Moore was available), and then troll him by drafting his namesake WR in the 3rd round...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 08:13 May03 2021 Post ID: 3454117
Sanzano
+
Aaron Rogers has now said he will retire if he doesn't get his own way. I'm starting to dislike this guy, he's like a spoilt teenager. The Packers built the team around him and now he's holding them to ransom. The Packers should have got rid of him when the 49rs called offering the number 3 amongst other picks, they could end up with nothing now. Not fair on the other players in the team, they will have no chance of getting bonus money by reaching the playoffs.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:01 May03 2021 Post ID: 3454119
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Packers have made horrible decisions for years now. As I said after Round 1, they should've traded Rodgers to the 49ers for #3. They could've had Pitts at #3 and Elijah Moore at #29 to pair with Adams. You can't ask for better for Love to have to start his career.

Now what are they going to get? A handful of 1sts from the Broncos or Raiders that will be late 1sts since Rodgers will lead those teams to the playoffs every year? Pitiful.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:36 May03 2021 Post ID: 3454121
steelersrock01
+
I really doubt Rodgers retires. Another thing to keep in mind is any team that trades for him will also have to have the space to take on his contract.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:23 May03 2021 Post ID: 3454123
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No way he retires. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:39 May03 2021 Post ID: 3454126
steelersrock01
+
It would be pretty cool though. Imagine he gets the Jeopardy job and says "screw it I'm done" and just hosts Jeopardy for 30 years. Rodgers is one of the few guys I can see doing that.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:07 May04 2021 Post ID: 3454130
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I've only seen it happen once in my lifetime, and that was Jake Plummer. Traded to the Cardinals if memory serves me, and those were the days when the Cardinals were absolutely horrible. Plummer was like, "No way, I'm done." lol
Sanzano Posted: 11:27 May04 2021 Post ID: 3454132
Sanzano
+
Jake Plummer went from the Cardinals to the Broncos. Rogers won't retire, he makes my top 10 disliked players in the NFL. Packers should have taken the 3 the 49rs offered and taken Trey Lance and start a rebuild. Rogers is a cancer.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:46 May04 2021 Post ID: 3454133
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's right. lol He went to the Bucs and then quit.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:43 May04 2021 Post ID: 3454136
steelersrock01
+
Wow. Jake Plummer was not as good as I thought he was.

Edit - neither was Jake Delholmme.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on May 4th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:22 May04 2021 Post ID: 3454138
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Both were average. At least Delholmme made it to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately ran into Brady. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:52 May04 2021 Post ID: 3454141
steelersrock01
+
I think I just remember them as really good because they were both really good in Madden 05 lol.
Warrior13 Posted: 05:51 May05 2021 Post ID: 3454144
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Delhomme was always better in those games if I remember correctly. Panthers were usually loaded back then.
Displaying Page 39 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close