Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 09:11 Feb24 2020 Post ID: 3449804
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Sources say the Redskins won't trade down unless they receive MULTIPLE 1st Rounders & 2nd Rounders.

And sources say Miami will not do such a thing. These same sources believe Miami will just stay put at #5, liking both Tua & Herbert.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 00:42 Feb25 2020 Post ID: 3449806
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Good to have you back Dennis.

Like Warrior said, Dallas will franchise tag Dak. It will be similar to how Washington tagged Cousins for many years. Your conparison with Cousins and Dak is interesting. Dak and the Dallas team are awful against teams with winning records. Your point about the play calling is a good pick up. It tells me that Dak doesn't know what to do late in games when he needs to be more spontaneous.

Detroit are better off waiting until Stafford retires to draft a QB. They need help in other areas, especially defense. Trading down to pick 5 will allow them to get picks 26 and 39 from Miami (it will take this to make Detroit trade with Miami rather than LA Chargers or Las Vegas).

I've been reading good things about Herbert. Many questioned his decision to skip the 2019 draft and return for his senior college year, but he put up good numbers again & will be 100% ready to start in the NFL. He's got all the attributes of a tall athletic QB. I wouldn't be upset if Miami had to draft him.

Jordan Love, Jake Fromm & Jacob Eason are NOT 1st round material. Don't be fooled by mock drafts which have teams drafting them in the 1st. They all have serious flaws to their game. It would be a reach for a team to draft them in the 1st round. The only QBs in the 1st should be Burrow, Tua & Herbert.

I'm not convinced with Burrow's #1 pick credentials either. Apparently his hand size is much smaller than the average. Until last college season he had been a mediocre QB projected to be a 4th round pick. Last season he was placed in a very talented team. Tua & Herbert have been consistently good in college, rather than one season wonders.

And a reminder that once the draft combine finishes (March 3?), we should all do our Feb mocks.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:43 Feb25 2020 Post ID: 3449809
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
That's what I have been hearing too Warrior13, that's not happening basically. Washington have basically

Nobody is giving that up for pick 2, Tua is injury prone and a big risk for whichever team takes him and I'm with Matt on Burrow, I think he could be another Ryan Leaf, Burrow has only put up spectacular stats once in college, this time last year none of us had heard of him but we all knew who Tua and Herbert were. I hear too that experts think Herbert has a higher ceiling and is a better pro prospect than the other two quarterbacks. You have to remember too that Tua is playing for a powerhouse team in Alabama so is surrounded by talent so you would expect his numbers to be better than someone who is playing for Oregon. Same with Burrow and LSU, another big college team loaded with talent.

I get the feeling the Cowboys are prepared to walk away from Prescott if he keeps asking for silly money. The NFL networks all claim the Cowboys are close to agreeing a deal with Tom Brady. I personally think it is a ruse to rattle Prescott into climbing down from his stand.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:11 Feb25 2020 Post ID: 3449810
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Maybe the Raiders would trade that much, but I don't think they will. if they can't get Brady, I think they'll just stick with Carr rather than sell all your draft picks on a QB that is either injury prone or not as good as Carr right now. The Raiders would be wise to stay put and draft best available, especially since certain prospects will drop with all the QBs going off the board.

Sounding like Burrow's hand size is only 9 inches, tied smallest (with Ryan Tannehill & Jared Geoff) since it began to be recorded in like 2008. Not a good sign. Mahomes was 9 1/4 inches, but we all know his arm is like twice that of Burrow's. Oddly enough, the Cincinnati Head Coach had a 9 inch hand when he was still a QB.
Sanzano Posted: 02:20 Feb26 2020 Post ID: 3449814
Sanzano
+
What's all this nonsense about hand size, you can either throw the football or you can't. I don't see nobody measuring the feet of soccer players.

I think the Raiders will have a new quarterback in place to start their new era in Las Vegas. I don't think it will be Brady though. If Brady doesn't sign with the Cowboys I think he'll retire. The Patriots have made it pretty clear they are planning to move on from him.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:25 Feb26 2020 Post ID: 3449816
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sources: Raiders will move forward with Carr if no Brady. They believe Carr can be the 13-3 Carr from a few years ago if they can give him some help in the Free Agency and the Draft. Lamb or Jeudy could be available at #12. I don't think they would go Offense for both picks they have, but we'll see.
Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Feb27 2020 Post ID: 3449817
Sanzano
+
I can't see how the Raiders can move forward with Carr. Him and Gruden are barely on speaking terms at the moment.

Looks like Chase Young is a lock for Washington at pick 2, he's not even bothering to turn up for the combine.

A couple of rumours:
Cleveland Browns are interested in Case Keenum as their backup.
Raiders are interested in Philip Rivers.

I didn't realise that the Dolphins have 15 draft picks this year and 80 million above cap to spend. I'll be watching them closely in the draft, they could build a dynasty with that sort of capital. They are currently holding formal interviews with Offensive Tackles Andrew Thomas and Jedrick Wills and also Running Back D'Andre Swift.

Not sure what to make of this, Redskins coach Ron Rivera says Haskins will face competition for the starting job. Next thing I read is that the Redskins will host Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailia for pre draft visits. Are Washington thinking about doing a Cardinals or is it just to try and make their pick 2 appear more valuable to would be suitors?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 27th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 08:35 Feb27 2020 Post ID: 3449818
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chase Young is at the Combine. Not sure if he is doing full workouts, but he probably will. Epenesa & Gross-Matos both weighed in great. Epenesa is officially 6' 6", 275lbs, 10 1/18 inch hands, and 34 1/2 inch arms. Gross-Matos is 6' 5", 266lbs, 9 3/4 hands, and 34 7/8 arms. Chase Young is 6' 5", 264lbs, 10 inch hands, and 33 3/4 inch arms. Similar measurements for each, so drills and other workouts will be key.

Yes, Young is basically a lock for #2. The Redskins are trying to get Miami to jump by saying they are keeping all options, including Tua, open at #2. Miami is going to call their bluff.
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Feb28 2020 Post ID: 3449819
Sanzano
+
This isn't looking good, I'm hearing rumours that the Redskins and in particular Ron Rivera wants to part company with Haskins and pick Tua in the draft. Apparantly it's like I thought initially, Rivera wants to stamp his name on this team and Haskins was not a guy he drafted so he says he is not 'married' (the term being used) to him.

In a way it would make sense, Haskins has woefully little college experience and is not ready for the pros, he's a couple of years away. Great having an elite defense with the addition of Chase Young but if you can't put points on the board it will only get you so far.

Do you think the Redskins would shock everyone and pick Tua? Or will they stick it out with Haskins and hope he develops quikly. He has the physical talent but not the football experience of a Tua.

I also hear the Redskins are after Amari Cooper. That'll please the Cowboys...

Matt77 Posted: 02:12 Feb28 2020 Post ID: 3449820
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've been away for the past 2 days again, so I'll reply to everything neaningful that I missed:

Dak is beginning to look like a locker room cancer asking for all that money. No way does he deserve to be paid as a top 10 earner, let alone the highest earner. I won't be surprised if Dallas draft one of the 2nd tier QB prospects (Love, Eason, Fromm) to put pressure on Dak to perform. That's what Jerry Jones is doing with all these Brady rumours.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Washington draft a 2nd tier QB too. It would be similar to how Washington drafted RG3 and Cousins in the same draft, yet Cousins the 4th round pick ended up as the starter. It would give the team a fallback option if Haskins is a flop.

Dennis, Washington will surely pick Young. They're just trying to bait desperate teams into giving up a tonne of quality draft picks to move up. Remember noy long ago when San Francisco had 0 interest in QBs, yet made Chicago give them a 3rd round pick to move up 1 spot.

I understand Las Vegas are considering moving on from Carr, but are they idiots. Well, the answer is that Jon Gruden is, and I've never been a fan of him coming in with his 10 year 100M contract. Carr is an above average QB who lead the old Oakland Raiders to an almost certain 1st round bye & some MVP talk, befor4 he got injured.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:07 Feb28 2020 Post ID: 3449822
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm hearing mix reports about Carr. Half say Gruden wants to move forward with him if they can't get Brady, but Mayock wants to move on from his regardless.

First day of the combine was yesterday. Here are my thoughts:

1) If any Tight End goes in the 1st Round, it WILL BE Albert Okwuegbunam from Missouri. He ran a freakish 4.49 40 yard dash. He'll still likely go in second round, but he's the only one that has a shot to go in the first.

2) Herbert lit it up. Running a 4.69 40 yard dash at 6'6" 235lbs is pretty awesome. He also looked good throwing the ball. Well, at least 90% of the time when he wasn't trying to aim. His only problem.

3) QB Love did great as well, but I'm reading a lot of sources believe he's the most overrated guy in the draft. Definitely developmental, but some team might pull the trigger in the 1st Round.

4) Fromm was extremely disappointing. From measurables to arm strength, he's looking like a Day 2 QB. I'm hearing Falcons might be interested if he falls that far.

5) Ruggs and Jefferson all but assured they will be going in the 1st Round. People were worried about Jefferson's speed, but 4.45 is amazing for his size. Ruggs ran a 4.27 40 yard dash, which is only.05 off the all time recorded record. Ruggs definitely Top 15 now.

6) WRs Higgins & Shenault probably lost their shots of going in the 1st Rounder. Shenault looked horrible (and even worse lazy) last night, while Higgins didn't participate since most knew his numbers wouldn't be great.

7) WR Chase Claypool, after run a 4.42 at 6'4", may've just positioned himself as the fifth best WR behind Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson.

Excited to see the OL today since there are so many. Wills was a wimp and didn't do the bench press. Wirfs hit 24 reps, which was middle of the pack. Expected a little more from him since he can dead lift about 450 lbs, but bench press is different and his arms are pretty long. It was okay, far from the worse. Becton had 23 reps, which was okay for his long arms. Andrew Thomas wasn't all that good, only hitting 21 reps. Wills was on the rise, and if he can bench well at his Pro Day, Matt will be have been right all along (unless Wirfs sky rockets).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 28th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 08:23 Feb29 2020 Post ID: 3449824
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Second day of the combine was yesterday. Here are my thoughts:

1) Top OL is now between Wirfs, Wills, or Beckton. Thomas did well, but those three did more. Wirfs was off the charts: fastest OL this year with his 4.85 forty yard dash, tied the all time broad jump for OL with 10'1", and broke the all time vertical jump for OL with 36.5". Some were thinking that Wirfs was more of a Guard, possibly a RT, but now some will consider seeing if he can handle being a LT. Wills did second best, looking good in the drills as well (even though he didn't bench press). Beckton is 6'7" and 360lbs, and he ran a 5.1 forty yard dash - absolutely insane.

2) As for the RBs... Swift is still leading the pack, but Johnathan Taylor is now the clear second after running an amazing 4.39 forty yard dash. He may have done enough to sneak into the 1st Round.
Matt77 Posted: 01:45 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449826
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nice summary Warrior. It's surprisingly hard to find draft combine news.

Fron what I've heard, Herbert has done well (like you said Warrior). His stocks are rising & he may soon catch Tua.
OL Mekhi Becton has been skyrocketing on people's mock drafts for the past fortnight, so his combinr only boosts his stocks even more.
WR Henry Ruggs III from Alabama ran an outstanding time (4.27 secs I think).
I'm not surprised with Fromm. Several pieces I've read describe him as a solid backup QB in the NFL.

The OL and WR battles will be interesting. I don't see any clear frontrunners anymore. If Miami are lucky we could get access to two of Thomas, Ruggs, & Swift (when I do my mock I will have Miami drafting Swift).

My computer will be back on the 3rd of March & hopefully it will be fixed. Then I'll be able to do my mock. Warrior I forgot, was the early Feb mock you did your official 2nd mock, or will you do your 2nd mock after the combine (due roughly on March 7th)?

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:30 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449829
Sanzano
+
Washington are now flirting with the possibility of actually drafting Tua and it could be a possibility. Various experts are saying the Redskins cannot pass the Alabama quarterback if he is healthy. This is making me nervous, no doubt Tua is a great talent but the guy gets injured way too easily, he's a risk for whoever takes him. I know Haskins put up poor numbers last year but towards the end of the season he started to look like a first rounder. Now with Alex Smith grooming him like Mahomes you have to give the kid a chance.

I would like to see Washington take Chase Young, the guy's a monster who changes games like Lawrence Taylor did back in the 80's and early 90's. If the Redskins are still a disaster on offense this year there's Trevor Lawrence next year in the draft. At least Washington will have their defensive front in place, taking Tua to me is a step backwards. I can see River's point though, his job is on the line and having Tua start for him is an instant upgrade from Haskings. Trading down isn't happening unless it's for Simmons and Okudah and no way can that happen. Redskins have to take Chase Young, I'll be distraught if they don't.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 1st 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449831
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: My Post Combine will be officially my second. ;)

Dennis: The Redskins will also be putting a bid on Rivers, per sources.

Third day of the combine was yesterday. Here are my thoughts:

1) Epenesa didn't put up great numbers, but no one expected him to. 17 bench press reps was among the lowest, and his 5.05 forty yard dash wasn't that good. However, his hands are simply amazing. Reminds me of Nick Bosa. And just like Bosa, Epenesa's pure power goes beyond bench press reps. Some might say he had a bad combine if they didn't see his on the field drills. He'll still go in the 15-25 range. I expect him to bump those numbers by his Pro Day. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets his reps into the 20s and runs closer to 4.8. We'll see though.

2) Chase Young did nothing outside of saying he's the best player in the draft. He's waiting until his Pro Day to do stuff.

3) Derrick Brown did great. Unless Okudah posts incredible numbers, it will be hard for the Lions to pass on him if Burrow and Young go 1 and 2.

4) LB Simmons is freak. 4.39 forty at like 6'4" 220lbs is crazy. He'll be Top 10 for sure.

5) LB Queen did really good as well. Some had him as a late first rounder, and that might happen now with his 4.5 forty and on the field drills.

6) Gross-Matos was good as well, but he didn't run the forty. That gives me hesitation. We'll need to wait for his Pro Day.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 1st 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 20:53 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449833
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Final day of the combine was today. Here are my thoughts:

1) Okudah ran a little slower than what most believe. He ran a 4.48. His stock won't drop much if at all though.

2) Henderson was great. He'll clearly be the #2 CB off the board.

3) McKinney looked good. He should be the first Safety off the board unless someone loves Delpit (who didn't participate.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:54 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449834
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Working on my next Mock Draft. Have all the picks done, but only ten write ups so far. I'll be done before the deadline. MANY differences.
Sanzano Posted: 01:46 Mar02 2020 Post ID: 3449836
Sanzano
+
Simmons ran a faster 40 than Okudah, lol. Looks like I'll have to pencil in Okudah at pick 3 for Detroit, that's scary speed for 240 pound linebacker. That amount of weight hits you at that speed there's going to be running backs carted of on a weekly basis. I thought Lawerence Taylor was fast at 4.53 and they guy looked freakishly quick for a big guy when he was playing.

If Washington are interested in Rivers then it looks like Keenum is going to Cleveland like I pointed out last week. I don't think the Browns are happy with Mayfield. Not sure how Rivers fits into Washington as they alread have Alex Smith returning under contract. If the Redskins get Rivers and Haskins doesn't become a top flight quarterback with Smith and Rivers grooming him you have to label Haskins a bust and go for Trevor Lawrence next year. I can only assume Rivers is being brought in to compete with Haskins, I can't see Smith playing another down in the NFL.

What are the rumblings coming out of Miami lately regarding Tua? Are they still hoping to get him or are they going for Oregan Ducks quarterback.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:27 Mar02 2020 Post ID: 3449837
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Phins want Tua. They're just saying that Herbert non sense because they don't want to trade up. Hard ball.
Warrior13 Posted: 09:16 Mar02 2020 Post ID: 3449838
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Post-Combine Mock Draft

MAJOR CHANGES.
Displaying Page 6 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close