I'm hearing mix reports about Carr. Half say Gruden wants to move forward with him if they can't get Brady, but Mayock wants to move on from his regardless.
First day of the combine was yesterday. Here are my thoughts:
1) If any Tight End goes in the 1st Round, it WILL BE Albert Okwuegbunam from Missouri. He ran a freakish 4.49 40 yard dash. He'll still likely go in second round, but he's the only one that has a shot to go in the first.
2) Herbert lit it up. Running a 4.69 40 yard dash at 6'6" 235lbs is pretty awesome. He also looked good throwing the ball. Well, at least 90% of the time when he wasn't trying to aim. His only problem.
3) QB Love did great as well, but I'm reading a lot of sources believe he's the most overrated guy in the draft. Definitely developmental, but some team might pull the trigger in the 1st Round.
4) Fromm was extremely disappointing. From measurables to arm strength, he's looking like a Day 2 QB. I'm hearing Falcons might be interested if he falls that far.
5) Ruggs and Jefferson all but assured they will be going in the 1st Round. People were worried about Jefferson's speed, but 4.45 is amazing for his size. Ruggs ran a 4.27 40 yard dash, which is only.05 off the all time recorded record. Ruggs definitely Top 15 now.
6) WRs Higgins & Shenault probably lost their shots of going in the 1st Rounder. Shenault looked horrible (and even worse lazy) last night, while Higgins didn't participate since most knew his numbers wouldn't be great.
7) WR Chase Claypool, after run a 4.42 at 6'4", may've just positioned himself as the fifth best WR behind Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson.
Excited to see the OL today since there are so many. Wills was a wimp and didn't do the bench press. Wirfs hit 24 reps, which was middle of the pack. Expected a little more from him since he can dead lift about 450 lbs, but bench press is different and his arms are pretty long. It was okay, far from the worse. Becton had 23 reps, which was okay for his long arms. Andrew Thomas wasn't all that good, only hitting 21 reps. Wills was on the rise, and if he can bench well at his Pro Day, Matt will be have been right all along (unless Wirfs sky rockets).
« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 28th 2020 »